• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Links at pound 4 (Live stream link up) + Updated OP!

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
ADHD is chump change for King Toon.

Hyro

Smash Lord
ADHD is chump change for King Toon.
ADHD who?

King Toon first seed baby lol

Yo lobos, the transportation thread says it'd be $20/person (ouch) for a pickup from the BWI airport on friday. You have any other options or is that the only way? And then since we'll be stayin with you the first night, can I get all the info? What time you gonna be at the mariott, what room number, all that stuff. Pm me or something wheeeee

Masterchef1123

Smash Apprentice
I'd go if I knew where it was and I could get there easily
Is pound 4 the name of the tournament and where is at and what day.
Edit: K found out it was in MD on the 16th, 17th, 18th
I don't know how the heck any of you guys are going but I know my mom will not drive me all the way out to Maryland for me to get my butt kicked by a bunch of more trained brawlers.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
lol. i want to play adhd anyway. he owes me rematch from dubs. if not ill atleast make 2nd seed.

o yea does anyone know these people in my pool?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
o yea does anyone know these people in my pool?
All I know is that LuigiMAX is gonna be a nasty one for you, along with ADHD of course. Bloodcross, iunno if he's good or not. Try and take 3rd seed, cuz I'm rooting for LMAX for 1st/2nd. ;)

Lobos

Smash Master
kingtoon your pool has good players overall but you have a chance to make it out.

Hyro get on aim!!!

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
yea im glad i have good people in my pool. so if i make it out i know it wasnt a walk in the park. and what. lol they call me the diddy slayer

What Kewkky said. LuigiMAX will definitely be trouble. I'm still hoping you get out of pools though.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
If Luigimax beats u blame me lol. ADHD is VERY troublesome good luck with that one. And Ive heard bloodcross is really good. Hype lol.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
yea im glad i have good people in my pool. so if i make it out i know it wasnt a walk in the park. and what. lol they call me the diddy slayer
Uh.. GL vs ADHD lol.
Btw where is the stream gonna be posted

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
Bloodcross has an awesome falco and a good mk. He's one of the best in New england and plays (and beats) me and Melito pretty often, so he definitely knows the matchup. He's probably second seed after adhd, so you'll have try **** hard to get top 3. Try to go brinstar or delfino and force his mk, and just make sure you don't give his falco too much room to maneuver.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Most pools have 6 ppl in it, but kingtoons has 7. I remember plank saying something about not having a pool where less than half get out. So they'll probably be 4 people out of that pool?

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
Bloodcross has an awesome falco and a good mk. He's one of the best in New england and plays (and beats) me and Melito pretty often, so he definitely knows the matchup. He's probably second seed after adhd, so you'll have try **** hard to get top 3. Try to go brinstar or delfino and force his mk, and just make sure you don't give his falco too much room to maneuver.
now im really hyped. i wanna see how good i am against so called good players. ima still aim for a high seed.

now im really hyped. i wanna see how good i am against so called good players. ima still aim for a high seed.
so i jus figured out i suk...
This reminds me soooo much of my epic fail against ROB.

Yup. I'm gonna try to not get last this time.

Don't laugh at my milestones!
Any hopes I had with Brawl got shattered by this tournament. I got 3 stocked by a ROB, and it took him a little over a minute to do it.

I don't wanna play brawl anymore. I'm gonna hide in a cave.

I hate my life. v_v

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I've reached the point of no return. My metaknight is like 100000 times better than my Toon Link now. I can barely beat ppl with TL that I 2-3 stock with my metaknight. What is the point of being a TL main now? If I end up being a mk main Ill just quit brawl altogether.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Why wouldn't you just play and win with MK?? Pretty sure everyone will go MK eventually lol

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I dont want to. I play brawl because I like playing as Toon Link. I also like winning of course, I cant do that with TL now. So if I want to win I should use mk, but I dont LIKE playing as mk. Sigh.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I dont want to. I play brawl because I like playing as Toon Link. I also like winning of course, I cant do that with TL now. So if I want to win I should use mk, but I dont LIKE playing as mk. Sigh.
Funny. I like playing as MK. I think I already told you why.

I'll post the stream here the day of. :p My friends aka vgbootcamp are gonna run the livestream
Thanks Lobos.

Double post;sorry

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Yay, link. =)

Edit: I realize how late I am now. ._.

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
If you don't enjoy playing with the character you choose you're not gonna do good with him.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Well, thing is. I wasnt able to play for a whole month. After that month, I go to a tourney and get 9th. My confidence was lost there after that. Then, I get to practice again with a friend and smashers from the south invite me to a smashfest to practice again finally. And I start using mk all day and beat ppl. Then, I use TL to help the ones that are going to pound in that matchup and im unable to even SHDA. I am sooo bad now with TL. Its like Im just starting to use him. It frustrates me. I used to know every **** tech TL had to perfection and was good at camping. And now, I just suck. (more than I used to LOL)

EDIT- The solution is indeed to just get better with TL. Still, forgetting everything just like that is frustrating. Maybe its a one day thing. I wont know until I actually get to play brawl again.

The hardest part is finding the motivation to do so, especially when one is so bummed out.

Hey Sheikant, I bet your TL can't beat mine like it used to! :D:D:D

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I've wanted to quit Tink and go all MK for a while now...Then I remember how much I love the character of Windwaker Link and I feel a bit better.

For some reason, my favorite 2 things in Brawl:

Zair>Nair with Tink. I just love how well it works...It also reminds me of when people say Brawl has no combos, yet this one is such a staple of Toon Link.

Dash Attack>Pivot>Grab with MK. Shouldn't always work and often doesn't, but really, for some reason this mix up is way too good.

If Tink had more/better KO moves I would never consider playing anyone else seriously, but people living near 200% is never fun for me.

Top Bottom