• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link vs. Link? you vote!!

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Toon Link, his beastly speed outweighs Link's small power advantage

And he con recover from mostly anything, Link fails at recovering

Umby

Smash Master
Link. More range and better projectiles. More power vs TL being the lighter character means Toon Link gets knocked out easier. The only advantage TL has over Link besides speed is his combo ability vs Link's weight.

edit: I just realized that was from a TL vs Link in a 1v1 perspective. Toon Link is better in general.

Amide

Smash Lord
I'm really good with Toon Link, yet I'm awful with Link. Toon Link is just that much better.

w3bhead

Smash Cadet
Everything I loved about Link from melee has transferred over to Toon Link (except for the sick up+b from melee) and it just seems like Link was just nerfed and slowed too much for me to use him in this game. Toon Link was a great addition to the smash franchise and that is why he has my vote.

Pwned

Smash Rookie
Toon Link all the way imo!! I always pwn with him, usually always my first choice when im brawling online or with my bro.

Falco_Landmaster

Smash Rookie
Everything I loved about Link from melee has transferred over to Toon Link (except for the sick up+b from melee) and it just seems like Link was just nerfed and slowed too much for me to use him in this game. Toon Link was a great addition to the smash franchise and that is why he has my vote.
^ Thats how I feel. Toon Link plays almost like Link did in Melee. I see no reason to why they would nerf Link. The only thing I like about Link now is his Usmash. His recovery is fail, and despite being slow, he doesn't have much power. Toon Link's Fsmash is better, his ^B is better, his bombs and boomerang are better. I don't care if Link has faster arrows. Sakurai failed at making Link. It's like what they did to Samus. Give her uneccesary nerfs.:mad:

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
I think Toon Link has better advantages against other characters than Link does, but if it were match where both characters had the same skill level, Link would become the victor. A lot of Link's attacks have priority over Toon link's because of their power.

Matthewbomb12

Smash Rookie
toon link because he is faster his bombs have a bigger blast and he is smaller and can avoid things link cant

Brandon72196

Smash Apprentice
Toon Link because if you knock him off the stage at 50% guaranteed he's comming back with link, he's gone.

Seventh Sword

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1951-0055-5151
Toon Link vs Link topic in the Toon Link boards? Fair much? xD

(Roughly equal in my opinion, Toon Link wins by a little though)

J4pu

Smash Champion
you asked this question on the toon link boards... what did you expect the answers to be?
"Yea Link all the way, I just love looking at Toon Link's page for laughs."

Redemption

Smash Cadet
Toon Link. As someone said, the SLIGHT advantage in power Link has doesn't even come close to balancing out TL's speed, recovery and Dair

Link Lord

Smash Journeyman
In a place where people are tortured endlessly and
Just wanted to add something else about Link's recovery--

Do you think Link will survive the first F-Smash Ike uses if Link is at 378%? The answer is:

No.

Anyway, back to being serious, I was hit by the tip of Ike's Fair on the left side of the main platform in Battlefield, hitting me left at 105%, sending it up to 117%.

I survived, no problem.

So no, Link's recovery doesn't suck.

k4polo

Smash Journeyman
Link's recovery is pretty bad compared to the rest of the cast. Knowing this he is easy to gimp. Link got really screwed in this game. I mean they took out the powerful UP B Attack from Melee, Also the jumping hookshot being shorten hurts is recovery as well. Toon Link is better.

For Me, Toon Link is a speed character so he fits my type. I use him as third/second with her on top.

Jarabe 93

Smash Apprentice
Toon Link > Link IMO.

+Better jumping
+Better aerial game
+Faster
+Better Side Smash IMO
+Better Up Smash IMO
+WAY better recovery
+COMBO ability
+Smaller target
+More control over Boomerang
+Bigger bomb blast radius
+Less attack lag

-Not as powerful (made up with speed and combo ability, IMO)
-Less range

As you can see, the Pro-Toon Link far outweighs the Pro-Link.

Of course, this is IMO.

AzSvFeZ

Smash Lord
Yea, Toon Link uses everything faster, moves faster, dodges better. Yet Link, if you pay attention once you use his attacks the person it hits like stalls, its so easy.

ginobeeto

Smash Cadet
Toon Link IS a better character than Link. Look at what Jarabe 93 said. That sums it up. Toon Link is by far better than Link. Also, Toon Link has much better priority than Link.

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Pretty stupid question, if you ask me. All comes down to tiers, and TL is obviously higher ranked than Link on these lists. He has better moves, is faster, smaller (pro, no con!) and so on.

zaf

Smash Lord
It all comes down to the player. Both chars are really good, but the player with better control over their char and the one is better overall will win.

And posting this in the Tl section wasnt the best idea.

Link Lord

Smash Journeyman
In a place where people are tortured endlessly and
Link's recovery is pretty bad compared to the rest of the cast. Knowing this he is easy to gimp. Link got really screwed in this game. I mean they took out the powerful UP B Attack from Melee, Also the jumping hookshot being shorten hurts is recovery as well. Toon Link is better.

For Me, Toon Link is a speed character so he fits my type. I use him as third/second with her on top.
Who is her?

And I just made that post because someone said if Link was hit off at 50%, he's not coming back.

Think what you want people, I have nothing against your opinions. But when it comes to stating fictitious things about Link, I will barge in and correct you.

Edit: Finally, someone gets it! Thank you, zaf.

Top Bottom