• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Q&A

JoshXII

Smash Rookie
Make sure to Utilize his Boomerang, surprisingly that thing can fool so many people you'd be amazed, the fact that people forget that the small tap on the return helps you utilize his c left, or c right smash since the guard is broken almost everytime.

kATAlyst

Smash Apprentice
i know its situational, but what can you use after bair? i heard its good for combos, but i cant figure out how.

how sharp does the incline have to be to abuse the first hit of dsmash?

is zair a good move?

on FD, for a character of average weight, (ie mario), what percentage should i start looking for a kill?

on a character with shorter range projectiles (ie peach) should i spam projectiles to cover an approach or should i force my opponent to approach?

zaf

Smash Lord
i know its situational, but what can you use after bair? i heard its good for combos, but i cant figure out how.

how sharp does the incline have to be to abuse the first hit of dsmash?

is zair a good move?

on FD, for a character of average weight, (ie mario), what percentage should i start looking for a kill?

on a character with shorter range projectiles (ie peach) should i spam projectiles to cover an approach or should i force my opponent to approach?
After bair, you could use nair. Which i believe most of us toons use. You could try spiking with dair off stage. Try anything really, mixing it up is good to not seem predictable.

zair is an amazing move. it cancels out the landing lag animations, spaces really well and can set up ko's.

Start looking for that ko right away, you can gimp with down smash and edge play well. If not, look anywhere after 80% for a fsmash, usmash or fair kill. Usmash might need a bit more, but fsmash and fair will kill.

For the projectiles against people with shorter projectile range, what i suggest is projectile spam and force them to come to you first. They take damage and you can find openings to attack.

kATAlyst

Smash Apprentice
^thanks

also, what should the shot timing be for shda? i heard something about using kirby's height to determine it but idk

zaf

Smash Lord
^thanks

also, what should the shot timing be for shda? i heard something about using kirby's height to determine it but idk
just go into training mode and practice it.

As you are rising from a sh, try and get the first shot off. Don't spam the b button as it wont help, but just tap it again as soon as you are done the first shot. as you land you will see the shot come off, and the landing lag canceled. The best way to know if you have done it right is that when link does the 2nd arrow, his shield is still out and he is holding the bow, looks cool haha. no need to measure characters to do this.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Hey all I am really working my TL, and the hardest thing to figure out for me is how to utilize zair to its full ability. What zair combos are there for damage, and also for killing? (Zair to Usmash or Utilt is really all i can do)

Lobos

Smash Master
Hey all I am really working my TL, and the hardest thing to figure out for me is how to utilize zair to its full ability. What zair combos are there for damage, and also for killing? (Zair to Usmash or Utilt is really all i can do)
zair to fair on egdes is a nice kill move
zair > sh > nair for damage/combo set up

play around with it and see what things you can do out of it

Top Bottom