• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Match-up Video and Critique Thread

Alzi

Smash Master
Just watched the first match. Very nice.

Although during the end the only reason he killed you was because you were consontrating far too much on trying to get that kill in and it was very obvious so he was just always shielding and spaced very well to deal some damage slowly.

So just remeber if you are down one stock don't rush quickly trying to get in a kill. Otherwise very nice, will watch the other 2 matches later tonight.

Flea_16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flea_16
gud **** king toon , 3 match was beast , i noticed u figured how he played after a while xD

In the first match, you have to camp more instead of go offensive. There were a couple of opportunities you had in which you could've set up good projectile walls that he couldn't pass, but instead of hiding behind it, you crossed it and went offensive.

Other than that, you did good. Actually, I lied. In the second match, your first death was hilarious. Other than THAT, you did good. ;)

Flea_16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flea_16
i wanna post new vids but my Capture card broke , any know how much a Decent Capture card would cost me ?

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
I haven't played Brawl until about a Month ago. This was actually my first day back last month, and had a few WiFi friendlies with Trela. This was the only one that I saved. I choked in alot of situations and messed up my AT's and such (like my JC throws, etc.) Criticism is needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL1gCAl_NKY

The one glaring weakness I saw in your game was the fact that you approached way too often. Your camp game was pretty effective, but there were plenty of times in which you could've kept on camping, but you didn't. Your approach game was very weak (there were times where you just ran directly to Trela, and other times in which you dashed, then shielded back and forth).

More Lucario-specific advice. Bombs > Aura sphere at any percent. In the newest Lucario match-up thread, I wrote a post on what beats what. Things that will always beat the Aura Sphere: Bombs (C-4s work too), shield, and Hero's Shield.

Other than that, your failed techs were most likely due to Wi-Fi and your lack of practice.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
We really shouldnt critique wifi matches. And that match is a great example why. Mr trela plays MUCH better than that offline. I play the kid all the time so I know.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
We really shouldnt critique wifi matches. And that match is a great example why. Mr trela plays MUCH better than that offline. I play the kid all the time so I know.
To be fair, we could at least critique them in the way they play the MU. If they're approaching when they shouldn't be, we tell em STOP DAT NOW etc.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
He said we really shouldn't critique them not *they aren't critiquable*

winners first match of the day how did i lose? WATCH THE VID LOL
me vs gamma 1 and 2 3 wasnt saved he won on sv
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0MnTLURrtA&playnext_from=TL&videos=jZg95NJh-I0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY7tmog3MRU&feature=related <-2:35 hilarious goes with the beat

losers bracket

beat tesh sonic

me vs greyfox zelda
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xoc9nWNN28E&playnext_from=TL&videos=g7zi7Pc0eCA

me vs esca mk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e56BA79s4kI&playnext_from=TL&videos=9VeEadfMMiA

me vs jerm matches 1 and 2 f tl dittos lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC6z3P-EHbA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VJLoQEzMR4&playnext_from=TL&videos=ftX62KNdBfM

You vs. Esca

I don't know why he said Green Greens was a bad stage.

You dominated fairly well on it. The MK player was just uneducated. Standing on the blocks? Jumping right into your Dsmash (instead of tornadoing)? I lol'd really. That was a good win.

You vs. Jerm
I lol'd again. TL dittos, too funny.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I agree. Whyd he dair to the ground and fall with lag so he can get dsmashed and stand on the blocks and then blame it on the stage...idk.

Esca

Smash Champion
I agree. Whyd he dair to the ground and fall with lag so he can get dsmashed and stand on the blocks and then blame it on the stage...idk.
I was actually playing ****ing horrible. I took some painkillers before the tournament and it made my day horrible. I won't do it again. I had so many technical errors.

And the stage is kinda dumb.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Yes, the stage is kinda dumb. My point was that it wasnt entirely the stage's fault. U made some mistakes probably because as you said, u were playing ****ing horrible due to the painkillers. D:

Esca

Smash Champion
If you're blaming it on painkillers, then why'd you even play? Sounds kinda ******** to me
I played because I enjoy the game? Are you saying I can't play casually sometimes? HOBO's aren't even serious anymore. I really don't understand this statement.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I played because I enjoy the game? Are you saying I can't play casually sometimes? HOBO's aren't even serious anymore. I really don't understand this statement.
Let it go.. You'll get him on Brinstar next time.

Brinstar shouldn't be banned, and nor should Green Greens.

Pokemon Stadium 2 on the other hand SHOULD be banned. Seriously, that stage is ridiculous.

--

~mjg~ I'm soooooooooooooooooooo disappointed that you used MK.
Like, suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper disappointed.

[collapse="I think this pretty much sums up how disappointed I am in you."]
[/collapse]

Since you know..... words couldn't describe how disappointed I was.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Dont pay attention to twinkie, mjg. Metaknight gives u moneys and stuff. Keep playing him and always have that meta under ur sleeves.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Yes, I'm saying you have to always play serious.

I can make scrubby johns too. "MLG events aren't even serious anymore."
See what I did there? Oh wait, probably not

Top Bottom