• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Match-up Video and Critique Thread

melito

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Melito37
a match against my friend creo
this guy's marth can be really good in friendlys
hes problem is that he takes friendlys more seriosly then tournament matches.lol
here is a friendly match i had with him, we have really good matches sometimes, but we always pres start quik and forgot to save replay.lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH1nhfoU9lc

TL VS Marth

for those who have problems against marth
you should always watch out for the edge hogs,grabs, spikes, fair. and his side b of course. if u find a way to punish and prevent most of those atacks u good to go.lol
and bairs are good against him, but u gotta use them as soon as u see him jump doing fairs.
always trow bomerang up when ur in a sertin distance. or SH and trow straight, but i think that way marth can just fair and cancel the boomerang. they love jumping, and always wait for him to finish the side b move, then counter. watch out too cuz he might try to confuse you by waiting a lil bit if ur shielding and continuing the side b just wait till hes finish.lol there is alot of ways to punish marth if u know the match up.
i still need to learn more against him

maybe i sound like a noob.lol but i just think i know well enough

melito

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Melito37
I AM 100 % PUERTO RICAN, i was born there, and came here when i was like 12, i am 19 now. why you think i put that flag on my TL .lol isnt it obvious.jaja
that TL represents all that i am
a cool PR kid that likes smoking weed.jaja

Boricua de pura sepa papi.jaja

i Miss PR so bad :( lol

melito

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Melito37
hecks yea.lol TL ditto would be epic especially against another boricua :)
unless u change main?

y de que parte de puerto rico eres? yo era de guayama cuando estaba aya. y antes vivia en salina y arroyo.
y naci en patilla.lol

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Yo soy de ponce. Cambie de main por metaknight recientemente, pero no he perdido mi conocimiento con TL...creo :p. Twinkie is also from PR. ^^

melito

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Melito37
aaaah yo ago eso aveses , que cambio mains con MK. XD
pero despues cambio pa tl otra ves, hes just my type of character i cant be good with anyone alse.lol
so i hope u get bak to TL quik. cuz all u doing is getting rusty with TL.lol
y que cool que tambien twinkie es boricua.
thats a cool name btw.lol

Twinkie de donde tu eres loko?????

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Yeah, Ill probably pick up TL again eventually. Its more of a "I dont like brawl anymore" type of thing, I like the game enough to not quit though, im weird. Btw, there are 3 boricua TLs. One is me (currently best in PR get @ me twink), twink and icoslayer. Our community isnt very active when it comes to brawl lately. Mostly melee tournies/smashfests now. Not that Im complaining, I play both ^^.

aaaah yo ago eso aveses , que cambio mains con MK. XD
pero despues cambio pa tl otra ves, hes just my type of character i cant be good with anyone alse.lol
so i hope u get bak to TL quik. cuz all u doing is getting rusty with TL.lol
y que cool que tambien twinkie es boricua.
thats a cool name btw.lol

Twinkie de donde tu eres loko?????
De Trujillo Alto. :dizzy:

melito

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Melito37
@TLMSheikant= dude you forgot me.jaja yo estoy representando PR por aka.lol so were 4. and i never heard of icoslayer. me gustaria conoserlo. y asi es como yo me siento muchas veses cuando me aburo del juego.lol
and why would you say your wierd.lol u gotta lov who you are.lol

@Twinkie= guillao... but whats with the derp face, is that how you looked when u said that.jaja jk

@mjg = that beats is the ***. i have lots of instrumentals, i mostly use them to freestyle with my boy.lol

Ic0slay3r

Smash Apprentice
I only lurk around this forums, no me gusta post mucho. Soy mas o menos nuevo en lo de smash competitivo, still creo, pero im pretty decent en mi opinion. Si quieres jugar wifi me avisas, a ver si juego contigo antes que con twink que llevo como un mes tratando de jugar con el >.>

melito

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Melito37
@ The Jerm = is hard to giv you tips for me since you probrably do better than me at the match up.
the only things i notice was that you lose your cool at the end of the first match. at the end of the match is when you should play smarter. and also i think this just happen one time but when you do dair and it bounce after it hits. just try to get away as soon as the animation ends cuz if you try to keep atacking after it against a good player sometimes they just gonna punish you for it. 2nd match the only thing that mess you up was the sd, but you shouldv been able to win that still:/ both vids were a good watch, i actually learn 2 or 3 things

TheJerm

Smash Champion
The SD a the end? That was impossible to avoid. I was able to win, I had a great lead, but that killed my last stock at 50%.

MJG

Smash Hero
Zair and Bair beat out Jolt.

What a campy match @.@

Around 1:32: Try not to air dodge like that unless you hear pikachu's thunder. Were humans. So our reaction time isn't on point but its better than air dodging into the thunder.

Edit: ****..nasty ending on Frigate >_>

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Jerm- I totally like how u outplayed pikapika but still...brawl and its dumb stuff. U really didnt do much wrong, except some camping patterns...Wtf am I doing. Im a metaknight main why am i here?

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I like the TL I MADE better.

Ima be honest. I didnt like it. Melitos is better. Step ur drawing game up son.

I did like that u included all his camping tools in the drawing tho ^^. But TL looks too rough in that drawing. Plus, the shadows arent helping it.

Top Bottom