• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Match-up Video and Critique Thread

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I think it was in pirate ship =O against the wolf. I want the falco ones critiqued. dTL- like I told u in utube. It seems kenji is tackling the TL matchup the wrong way...he should be using more nades, mortar slides and tech chasing. U were good tho. I liked the dair @1:50.... oh and u seem to be using way WAY too much dsmash :/.

Underload

Lazy
I can't critique TLs, but I can try and critique the Snake.

They aren't shielding the projectiles well enough.... they keep placing/using C4 at horrible times.

They are reacting slowly when they get dthrows.... instead of ftilting, simply grab him after the invincibility frames (aka: from the floor before the roll ends)

Their spacing wasn't exactly great as well. :x

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Well...I still appreciate that...but I'm really looking to get critique for me...Max is arrogant and doesn't really take advice. At times, his Snake can be a beast, but often he just kinda mindlessly plays...

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Oh my bad.

Go ahead and send whatever you want. Sorry. >_>

fezzmaster

Smash Cadet
Its kinda upsetting to post something to get critiqued then get completely ignored... im glad to know that we all really want to help each other out so much... and if there was a schedule problem i would like to have heard something instead of being ignored.

NearZzz

Smash Lord
well no one else is, i guess i can.

Fezz? Rei/cale's friend? xD

Anyway, Fezz, your projectile game needs work. Rather than just throwing bombs then landing with a arrow, mix it up some. use the angled boomerang for anti air game, Arrows and bombs for general spam, but don't fall into patterns, keep it unpredictable. Work on spacing those Zairs and nairs too.

DTL: I would recommend you try to get some matches with someone of higher skill, or a match where the snake is beast like you said, its much easier to point out your mistakes when you get punished for them.
Waaaay less dsmash, too much ending lag and it doesn't kill well, Spacing on the zairs was excellent though.

There was also a few times when Kenji just kept powershielding zairs and walking forward, pressuring to the ledge, don't just keep spamming zair hoping for it to hit, think on your feet to get yourself out of situations like that.

S@nt: At some points there were patterns in your projectile game, but thats all that really stood out to me in the videos,Good stuff overall.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I really don't want to play Toon Link dittos. >_<

Pho

Smash Journeyman
"He's dropping bombs like the Americans."
"This is just proof that really manly men can still lose to Japanese little boys in video games."
I have to watch it later when I can stop laughing at the commentary. Expect this to be edited.

Curaga

Smash Ace
Yeah, please help out your fellow Linkers~ some of these guys are too good to be double eliminated in tournaments. They just need some insight!

Get TL's rankings up!

fezzmaster

Smash Cadet
is Rei's name Nick?
Thanks cure.
and thanks Near.

I know that i started getting into a ton of patterns but its just a weird problem/habit of mine but im glad someone pointed it out so i can now work on it more.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
"S@nt: At some points there were patterns in your projectile game, but thats all that really stood out to me in the videos,Good stuff overall."

Sheikant.. who was the first to tell you this... dont hate me =[

Pho

Smash Journeyman
Personal preference, I would like the videos in the order of the character, not the player. It's just annoying to sort through a bunch of names to see if they have a certain match ups.

fezzmaster

Smash Cadet
Personal preference, I would like the videos in the order of the character, not the player. It's just annoying to sort through a bunch of names to see if they have a certain match ups.
i agree with you totally, im pretty sure thats how the other characters have done it.

(YAY YOUR MY FIRST QUOTE!)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Shadow's and Void's videos have been added. Check 'em out. =P

Sasuke the first Sonic video under my name has the wrong link. Here's the correct one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGIcJ_Jeyao

And also, three matches against Kirby:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1oDy9xJ3fQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS8up3qclFA&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C_GBMeNEyA&feature=channel

And one against Zero Suit Samus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEh5_1gWUtA&feature=channel

EDIT: For S@nT. It's against Falco
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhXqgQW-nSc&feature=channel

I would've put these links up sooner but I've been real sick lately.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
Sorry it took so long. I've been busy with life and practicing for a tournament that happened yesterday.

I'm going to ignore your match against Captain Falcon because he basically SDed twice.
Against Lucas, you throw your boomerang at times where it hasn't come back yet. Try to full hop to throw your projectiles. That way, you can avoid the PK fires and still spam effectively. Against Falco, it's hard to do this, but you have to stay within Zair range, but avoid getting grabbed. You gave him too much room in my opinion, and his lasers really dominated your options. Against Marth, not enough projectiles were used to keep him at bay. Never try to go head to head against a Marth. Against Ice Climbers, he's bad in my opinion, since he didn't do a single infinite grab out of the six times he grabbed you with both climbers present. One grab is all it takes for your stock to be over. Ibombs, lots of zairs, and staying in the air as much as possible will help avoid grabs. Try not to arrow, because the only time they are any useful is on the ground, and being on the ground is bad.

Another thing I thought was weird was your counter picks and bans. Against Falco, you counter pick Frigate. That stage is a lot better for Falco, since chain grabbing without a ledge to grab on to recover on the right since is amazing for Falco. Almost an given Dair spike for him. Against Ice Climbers, why didn't you ban FD? Even on Smashvile, at least you have a platform on to breathe.

For TWiNK, did you want me to critique those matches you posted? You didn't say so, so I didn't.

fezzmaster

Smash Cadet
Sorry it took so long. I've been busy with life and practicing for a tournament that happened yesterday.

I'm going to ignore your match against Captain Falcon because he basically SDed twice.
Against Lucas, you throw your boomerang at times where it hasn't come back yet. Try to full hop to throw your projectiles. That way, you can avoid the PK fires and still spam effectively. Against Falco, it's hard to do this, but you have to stay within Zair range, but avoid getting grabbed. You gave him too much room in my opinion, and his lasers really dominated your options. Against Marth, not enough projectiles were used to keep him at bay. Never try to go head to head against a Marth. Against Ice Climbers, he's bad in my opinion, since he didn't do a single infinite grab out of the six times he grabbed you with both climbers present. One grab is all it takes for your stock to be over. Ibombs, lots of zairs, and staying in the air as much as possible will help avoid grabs. Try not to arrow, because the only time they are any useful is on the ground, and being on the ground is bad.

Another thing I thought was weird was your counter picks and bans. Against Falco, you counter pick Frigate. That stage is a lot better for Falco, since chain grabbing without a ledge to grab on to recover on the right since is amazing for Falco. Almost an given Dair spike for him. Against Ice Climbers, why didn't you ban FD? Even on Smashvile, at least you have a platform on to breathe.

Yea i never faught a good falco, and my counter picks are bad becuz i never play tournies. thank you, ill be posting more soon.

Top Bottom