• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Match-up Video and Critique Thread

Here's the first of 8 videos i'll be posting now. I'll have more links as they upload, so check this post frequently. Oh, and I need critiquing. Badly.

Against Sheikant's Toon Link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6p-LPmsbkw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAZj572idqA I didn't like this match very much.

Against Kirby
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1oDy9xJ3fQ

Against **** Suit Samus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEh5_1gWUtA

S@nT against Falco
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6WptcdzvXg Critique this one.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Well it's pretty hard to critique a coloring match. >_>

From what I could see you need to camp moar. Learn to let them approach and use bombs and co to keep them at bay while they approach. when they get close you can either zair to space or you can get agressive without moving too much forward.

Other than that, arrow canceling more will help your defense.

They are still uploading... I'll post them one by one, but you can wait to put the links up once they are all there.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Once again, just post them all at once.
Unless you feel like getting infractions for double/triple/quadruple posting.

We don't need the video DESPERATELY enough to not be able to wait for them.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
twink- Just edit the previous post with the vid links once they are done uploading. And again, please someone critique my TL.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I critiqued it. I'm not exactly inclined to do so again. But guys, you should critique S@nt's. He posted it for a reason.

twink- Just edit the previous post with the vid links once they are done uploading. And again, please someone critique my TL.
That's what I was gonna do in the first place, but I don't think Sasuke understood it the first time. Whatever. Anyways, keep on critiquing.

I had trouble landing hits on S@nT. One thing I noticed is that he kept on double jumping to land hits from afar, and I didn't. I stuck to short hops. I kept on doing bomb pulls instead of fast falled quickdraws. I also need better approaches and moar mind games.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evMkV0XZUhk&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dB8h0j2vsQ&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6WptcdzvXg&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhXqgQW-nSc

an old vid from may that was uploaded now. Extremely low quality. Its against Ling Ling's DDD grand finals.

EDIT: another vs his wario. grand finals same tournament match 2. My counterpick. I was so clueless agaisnt wario back in may lolol. But now I know the matchup and last time I 2 stocked him ;).

EDIT 2: vs manny's falco.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I can't get the videos to play...
What's happening? Is the vid always black, does it say it's not working, it's a wrong/malformed URL, the videos have been removed...?

Try running the URLs by Internet Explorer instead of your usual browser. Oh, and download Adobe Flash Player 10 if you haven't already. Those might be the problem.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
That forward smash wasn't a good idea. It might've worked if you timed the boomerang to hit AFTER you finished Fsmashing...

You really shouldn't be Fsmashing anyways. Even if the opponent is open and you use it, it's too easy to DI out of the first hit.

Overall you did okay. Really you could do with more zair>zair.

Other than that, not bad.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
THE ARROWS AND BOOMERANGS LOOKED SO COOL OMG!!

>___<
I wanna use that TL.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Bombs are like items. The file is somewhere else.

Anyways...

Bombs. Nooooot your friend in that matchup. I wouldn't pull not even one out.

Jabs. Fsmash. Up B. All of them nooooooot your friend in that matchup.

In the Oli matchup, just stay away from him. His grab is too good. The games about not getting hit and you were in...too much danger the whole time lol. You naired, you arrowed, but I didn't see too much nair to arrow. I'ma go oli next time we play XD

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Bombs are like items. The file is somewhere else.

Anyways...

In the Oli matchup, just stay away from him. His grab is too good. The games about not getting hit and you were in...too much danger the whole time lol. You naired, you arrowed, but I didn't see too much nair to arrow. I'ma go oli next time we play XD
Actaully, jab, fsmash, and up B is fine. Specially Fmash, it kills alot of pikman, fast.

NearZzz

Smash Lord
That forward smash wasn't a good idea. It might've worked if you timed the boomerang to hit AFTER you finished Fsmashing...

You really shouldn't be Fsmashing anyways. Even if the opponent is open and you use it, it's too easy to DI out of the first hit.

Overall you did okay. Really you could do with more zair>zair.

Other than that, not bad.
Thats what i was going for in the fsmash lol, that or him being pushed back off the edge.

I assume you meant Zair->Nair xD and i avoid using it too much, even against olimar. Predictable against olimar= grab ****.

My thoughts are pretty much with Jerm on this one. I agree on bombs though lol, I used them way more than i intended to. And jab,up b, Fsmash ect, again just mixing it up to avoid being predicted lol.

Also nice vids smith, First offline ones i've seen of you xD

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Thats what i was going for in the fsmash lol, that or him being pushed back off the edge.

I assume you meant Zair->Nair xD and i avoid using it too much, even against olimar. Predictable against olimar= grab ****.
No, I meant zair>zair.

Two zairs in a row. Oli will **** you if you do zair>nair. I know all too well...

Nobody ;_:. Im still waiting for a critique.
It's hard to critique when you submit two winning matches. :/

All you really needed to do is GTFO when you see him charging his fsmash. I would just stay mid distance between him. Or in the air.

Your spamming is on par, and your mind games work fine.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I gave you a critique...

>_>

Huh? When? Where? Oh and winning shouldnt decide if u should critique it or not twink. :/ I still make lots of mistakes im pretty sure and I would like someone to point them out so I can correct them and not repeat them next time :/.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds

Huh? When? Where? Oh and winning shouldnt decide if u should critique it or not twink. :/ I still make lots of mistakes im pretty sure and I would like someone to point them out so I can correct them and not repeat them next time :/.
Too many bombs.

Well actually more like not enough other stuff. You see, bombs are good when you use them effectively but in order to do that your opponent can't be expecting them.

You have to mix it up a little or you'll never be able to camp better players effectively. I thought you were starting to get it with the boomerang stuff and when you bair'd the Wolf into your bomb but then you went back to bombs again.

In other words, try to have a little more variety otherwise your opponent will get used to your style pretty quickly.

You have to keep them on their toes!
To answer your questions in order:

A critique. Then. There.

I edited out the myu. T_T

<3 myu.

Top Bottom