• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Toon Link Match-Up Discussion Thread (Informative Posts/Guides in the OP)

TsarofToon

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1306-6595-6677
It has been so long since I have made a long post ._____. Anyway, I finally present the Mario matchup (Mario is another main of mine, so lets do this)

Pros:
(Very Minor Pros)
Sword beats Mario's moves
Can outcamp
Your neutral is better than his (In my opinion)
Lightweight means you can escape certain combos easier

Cons:
Light weight means you die earlier to U Smash (and everything else)
Can deflect your projectiles
He can gimp your normal recovery (Up-B)
If he grabs your bomb, he can combo in many different ways.
Boomerang is Slow enough for him to cape it, along with arrows.
Can use Up B to escape combos

Let me just say: If you fight Ally or ANTi in tournament, just pick another character. Anyway, this is certainly not a fun match because even though your Hitboxes are disjointed, you have nothing that comes out b4 frame 6 or 7, meaning Mario can just throw out a move at the same time you do, and beat it. This will be a VERY slow match, because you will have to wait for a opening to punish bad grabs, bad capes, and rolls. Bait his cape by shooting arrows, and if they deflect it short hop above it and mix up bombs and grabbing. Once you condition then to shield with bombs, use grab. Do the opposite if the decide roll or spot dodge, use bombs. Overall, this will be a very bait-y and punish based match.

NEVER TAKE MARIO TO BATTLEFIELD

I'm all out of tips. I haven't really watched any footage of tournament in a while (other than Tsu vs ZeRo @ Frostbite)
Yet over all, I agree with Zan that this is 60:40 in their favor, maybe even 65:35.
-TsarofToon (I still want to change my name to DeLares tho)

Last edited:

theyellowgreninja

Smash Rookie
Oh boy are these some active boards.
Let's see, who can I help with...
Okay, let's talk Link. I'm not an expert, but from what I've gleaned from my encounters with not-trash Links on For Glory, here's what I can tell
We're faster. He's stronger. That's it.
No, but really. Where our Up-smash is a cheese combo (at least on trash heavies), his kills at like 50%. Dash Attack, Uair, Fair, Bair, Ftilt, Usmash, Dsmash, these are all moves that are stronger and slower on Link. Yet, on the current Tier List, we're a whole 2 ranks above him! So I feel like our speed and mobility make us better, and our combos work well on him as well. He can kill pretty early though, so watch out!
I would say 60/40 or 55/45 in our favor.

Top Bottom