• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Too many Kirby and Pokèmon Trophies...

Flame Beast

Smash Rookie
I think Sakurai added too many Kirby and Pokèmon Trophies...
Kirby Trophies are a lot! Characters, Enemies, Transformations...
Pokèmon Throphies are useless imho... They should made only the trophies of important pokèmons (Legendaries, Rare, Playable)...
While Kid Icarus, Mother and Wario Ware trophies are very few...

:dizzy:

What's your opinion? :p

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Sakurai is biased, and there were too many Pokeymanz not to turn into trophies.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Who cares about the trophy info? It's always obvious stuff like "BABY MARIO IS STILL A BABY SO HE IS NOT AS BIG AS REGULAR MARIO".

I just care about trophies for snapshots and the trophies we've got are pretty good for shots even if there are a lot of Pokemon.

Flame Beast

Smash Rookie
I like collecting them lol
They are relaxing to watch when you don't want to fight.
Anyway the descriptions of the Pokeimans are the same as the Pokèdex... -_-

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yea, too many of the Pokemon, Kirby is okay. Could use more F-Zero, MOTHER, Wario and Donkey Kong, though. I mean, that Kid Icarus and Ice Climbers have little is okay. But I don't understand the logic with G&W having an own category yet only himself and his Final Smash as trophies in there.

Also, catching trophies for bosses sucks balls.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I liked the Melee trophies better, they had some real obscure and interesting ones.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I liked the Melee trophies better, they had some real obscure and interesting ones.
Wholeheartedly agreed.

I actually caught Meta Ridley on my first attempt to get his trophy. The key to getting his trophy is to wait until he's above the Blue Falcon before using the Trophy Stand
I know that, but throwing that stupid stand takes longer than 9001 Warlock Punches. -.-"

Ange

Smash Lord
They should've added Giratina as a trophy.

And they should have written about Mewtwos Melee appearance in his description, along with Peeeeechu.

Other from that, I dont really mind. Melee had alot of Pokemon and Kirby trophies too so Idc.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I know that, but throwing that stupid stand takes longer than 9001 Warlock Punches. -.-"
I guess the reason why I'm not speaking negatively about the Meta Ridley trophy is that I was able to get a Trophy Stand within the 2 minute time limit.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I think there's a large amount of pokemon trophies for the same reason theres a bunch of Zelda and Mario trophies.. because they just took the models directly from the other games. If they'd actually made more models of characters like they had to do for Melee's trophies, it wouldve been more interesting. I wish it'd had a wider variety of trophies from different games rather than so many from the series already in the game.

The trophies are my favorite part so.. I wish they'd done a better job with it.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
I really Hate Brawl Trophies...
They Suck Alot.. Bad organization and Horrible Facts. Or I already know them
Melee owned them...pshh.. one thing that is better than brawl ..
I CANT BELIEVE I JUST SAID THAT!!!!!

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
Talking about pokemon trophies, anyone know how you get the char, ivy, and squirtle ones?
You have to play with everyone of them in single play classic mode

I think of the Brawl Trophies to be an expansion of the Melee ones, so there don't need to be the same trophies as in Melee... but yeah... too less of Kid Icarus, Mother and other obscure characters

And I have every Boss ... but I need some more normal enemies...

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I didn't like the way they organized the brawl trophies. The melee list was a lot better.

There should been an option to switch around from the list and character specific.

The brawl trophies also suck when compared to the melee ones...

-:bowser:Bowser King

Lovely

Smash Lord
I really Hate Brawl Trophies...
They Suck Alot.. Bad organization and Horrible Facts. Or I already know them
Melee owned them...pshh.. one thing that is better than brawl ..
I CANT BELIEVE I JUST SAID THAT!!!!!
There were very few trophies that had horrable facts like the Black Knight, Dark Samus, Wolf, maybe Super Sonic etc. You make it seem like they were all bad facts, some were true. I guess Melee's trophies has more facts, maybe not all the fighter stratgeys they say. You can't help but to realize the game was rushed for making. I think theres a lot of Zelda, and Mario trophies to just say that it's only Pokemon and Kirby.

The brawl trophies also suck when compared to the melee ones...

-:bowser:Bowser King
How so? By how many trophies that was in a diffrent game? Or graphic wise? I'm guessing it's the diffrent trophy part.

Ange

Smash Lord
I dont get how the Brawl organization is bad. I think its more of less fine. However it got a few flaws, like not adding an A-Z version of the list and its rather slow compared to Melee.

IMO tho, they should have added more trophies from Marths game. That section is just overfilled with PoR and RD stuff if Im not wrong. <_<

Also they should have added a Wii trophy. I mean... Melee had a freaking GC one.

A_man13

Smash Master
well how many trophys would there be like 5?

we got pit, palutena, light bow, and palutenas army

correct me if theres more but there cant really be too many kid icarus trohpys because it wasnt a huge franchise
Two words: Eggplant wizzard. (I've never played it, but I hear they are one of the more famous enemies in the game).

And there are tons, but almost all of them from Pokemon were the ones that resulted from pokeballs or cameos in Stadium 2. IMO, they needed to have less random pokes and either put famous ones and legends.

I wish they had more trophies. There was hardly any dificulty from collecting them unlike melee.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Why does it even matter? What do you need trophies for? I highly doubt someone decided not to buy this game because one franchise was overrepresented in trophies. To the OP original question, no I don't think the pokemon franchise got too many trophies. Pokemon is a popular franchise, therefore gets more representation. Kirby is sakurai's brain child, he added them for the lulz.

Top Bottom