• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tomafia 4: Game Over - Mafia Wins!

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Pythag Pythag Cool. Any examples of SB doing the same? You had him as a maybe, so curious. You say you have been grouping him and <pi together, so wondering if you just mentioned them in the same moment, or if you had some posts SB made taking things out of context.

Lore Lore That is probably the right call and I agree. Honestly hadn't thought of all that. I did it here because there are like 3 hours left and I didn't want it to come to a no lynch by votes changing. Mostly cause it is hard to judge activity and who would be around. But yes, I think you are correct in that request.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
um... looks like I might be the 1st to go. feels bad but I know someone has to go first though.

I have more I want to offer, but I'm at work and I feel like the haste of noticed in my posts are reading as something scummy? I'll try to wait till I have more time to articulate clearly.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Also. --- --- please if you have time would you explain why you revealed so early?

Not trying to shift.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Matunas Matunas it cut off my first quote...
Pythag Pythag Cool. Any examples of SB doing the same? You had him as a maybe, so curious. You say you have been grouping him and <pi together, so wondering if you just mentioned them in the same moment, or if you had some posts SB made taking things out of context.
[/quote
I just did a cursory reread, and I really don’t know what I saw earlier. I don’t think he grabbed things out of context. I was wrong.

I seemed to me that the strongest fight was breaking between pi and SB though, which was what probably caught my attention.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I'd rather a Rockin lynch than a <pi lynch, but at this point I think trying to build a Rockin lynch would most likely be futile and cause chaos. I think a <pi lynch is likely to be pretty informative, so even though I have a null read on him I am okay with the lynch. (Sorry <pi)

Nothing has really changed in terms of my reads, except I have become even more confident in my read of Pythag as town. It's still not set in stone, but it's as stronger than any other read I remember getting on D1 in my mafia history. If Pythag turns out scum I'll feel pretty dumb.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
BLEH phone posting is so annoying. It did cut off my first quote, but it was another pi quote. I don’t have a SB quote to give

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Does anyone have anything to add for the end of the day phase? We got some decent input from the folks who hadn't said much, but there hasn't been much controversy. I didn't get like any pushback for what I said today either or I would have tried to be more active. Though work is kind of busy today.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I'm still feeling pretty good about my vote. Nothing that's been said has really swayed me yet.

Now I gotta go take a nap lol

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I just walking out of work. Dont think I have enough time to offer anything meaningful enough to change your votes.
but if you can give me a few minutes I'll try

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Was literally in the process of posting a vote when I saw you post <π
I'll give it a few minutes cause I want to hear what you have to say, but it seems you are the vote for today.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Yeah, I'm not sure if you can change enough minds at this point, but even if you can't it will help the town going forward if you give your impressions of D1 and any new reads you have.

In my opinion, that's what you should try to focus on.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Ill try and be simple and quick. I'm on a phone.

I am town Cop role.
I was more confident and flamboyant than I should have been because of the role
I believed trihy was neopolitain because he pairs with me in A1
Until werekill mentioned how strong of a play it would be for dual goon... it's a good play period as vanilla or mafia.
That's why I asked him for more info.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
We may be A1 may not.

My gut is telling me SB werekill rockin I dont know about ---

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
In total, there are 9 possible setups:

• A1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Cop, Town Neapolitan, 5x Town Vanilla
  • A2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Jailkeeper, Town Doctor, 5x Town Vanilla
  • A3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Doctor, Town Cop, 5x Town Vanilla
  • B1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Cop, Town Tracker, 5x Town Vanilla
  • B2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Jailkeeper, Town Tracker, 5x Town Vanilla
  • B3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Doctor, Town Neapolitan, 5x Town Vanilla
  • C1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Cop, 6x Town Vanilla
  • C2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Jailkeeper, 6x Town Vanilla
  • C3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Doctor, Town Tracker, 5x Town Vanilla

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Count [5/9 to lynch]:
<π (5): Strong Bad, TewnLeenk, Werekill, Rockin, Matunas
Rockin (2): <π, ---
Not voting (2): Pythag, Mediocre

“How did Tom write this note after he had already died?”

“Who knows.”

“I bet the mafia knows!”

“I bet you know that because you’re mafia!”

“Just like old times,” thought Tom as he floated around as a ghost, watching his friends play his favorite old pastime. “Good thing I had the fine idea to purchase this ghost-pen after the last time I died Night 0. Now I can leave messages to my friends and guide them throughout the game! I’ll just write down the… oh, no… where…?,”

Tom had lost the ghost-pen.

“I KNOW I PUT IT SOMEWHERE!”

Before night fell, the group left the cottage and went down to the river. Some people fished. Tom loved fish, you know. Some people swam. Tom hated swimming, you know.

“Well, <π, like you said, it had to be somebody,” Tom wrote. “I could never thank you enough for so eagerly responding to my little letter. You are such a great friend, I know that your excitement for this get-together inspired many of the others around you. Thank you for the fun and excitement. Please be safe on your return home.”

<π gave out plenty of hugs and handshakes on the way out. Everyone knew how fortunate they were to have a friend like <π.

, Mafia Rolecop, was lynched Day 1!

Night 1 will end Saturday, March 30 at 5:30 CST. Please send your night actions immediately!

As a reminder, there is no rule permitting chat at night. Please do not communicate outside of this thread.

Last edited:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Everybody retired up the stairs for the night. What a day they had!

Pythag decided to sneak out of his room at night, to check if a certain someone was in their bed. Satisfied with the new information, he crept back to his own quarters and shut the door... but he was not alone!

Pythag floated around, a few feet above his own body, as he watched the last remaining mafia member creep back to their own room.

"Sorry you died," said Tom.

"Not like this, this isn't how I wanted to go!" lamented Pythag.

Pythag, Town Tracker, was killed Night 1!

In the morning, Tom and Pythag watched as the group came downstairs for breakfast.

"At least you get to be a ghost like me," Tom suggested.

"Noooo! Remember me... as bones!"

Vote Count:
Not voting (7); Lore Lore , Strong Badam Strong Badam , TewnLeenk TewnLeenk , Rockin Rockin , Matunas Matunas , --- --- , Mediocre Mediocre

Day 2 will end Tuesday, April 2 at 5:30 CST or when a player reaches 4/7 votes.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
So --- --- before I start to cover anything else so far, care to explain your soft claim at all moving into today?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Did the night cycle end early? I thought there was around 2 hours left.

Losing one of our power roles sucks but we hit Mafia's power role and know that there are only 2 possible setups now.

B1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Cop, Town Tracker, 5x Town Vanilla
B2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Jailkeeper, Town Tracker, 5x Town Vanilla

B3 doesn't have a Town Tracker, so it's only these. We have either a Cop or a Jailkeeper.

I didn't want to do this during the night in case I got killed by Mafia and wasted my time, but I plan to go through all of D1's discussion and see what I can gleam based on <Pi's role reveal, and additionally based on Pythag's. Give me a few hours to post my findings. I actually suggest you all do the same, so that we have more unbiased views on D1's discussion.

LOL

That was "press x to doubt" as ****.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Also, to go along with my post asking --- --- to explain, Vote: ---

I have more to say moving forward with the day, I just want to start here.

TewnLeenk

BRoomer
One thing that stands out to me is Mediocre being very against a <pi lynch. Now that we know the powerful role that <pi had, it's just something I keep thinking about.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Count:
--- (1): Matunas
Not voting (6); Werekill, Strong Bad, TewnLeenk, Rockin, ---, Mediocre

Day 2 will end Tuesday, April 2 at 5:30 CST or when a player reaches 4/7 votes.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Will post more later, just got home from another trip of cleaning out my late Granddad's home. We are nearly done, thankfully; it's a three hour drive there, one way.

After that Rolecop flip, I was going to ask - - - to truly confirm, along with the doctor since we would have one. It'd give us two completely confirmed town players, which would be awesome. The doc could protect - - -, giving another Neapolitan ability night guaranteed at minimum and letting us confirm another player. Not anymore, after that Pythag flip.

Side note, if we have a cop: please do not claim today and recreate the above potential scenario if you got a Town investigate, lmao. Unless you find the risk to be worth it, which it isn't without the Doctor backup.

But now it looks like my Vanilla Town read for - - - remains. I highly doubt that they are a power role, and it was too risky of a fake claim imo for scum. It feels like a bad gambit, no offense - - -.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Also I'm rereading Rockin's stuff, noting any <pi interactions to try and form a new read. I'm softly leaning town on Rockin due to the odds of it being SvS for D1 lynch, but I want to reread and decide.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Well, at least my town read on Pythag was correct. I'm sorry to see him go though, since he was making smart reads and I had a very strong feeling he was town.

There are a few things he said yesterDay that are definitely worth revisiting.

I'm liking pi/strongbad less and less.

Pi (and perhaps strongbad) is grabbing things out of context, that strike me as deliberate misreadings in order to get momentum against one another.
To me, the connection that Pythag drew between <pi and SB makes me think that the mafia might have killed him (at least in part) to strengthen this apparent connection. It makes me think that SB is actually less likely to be scum than I had previously thought. I still don't have a strong town read on SB, but it has more or less reversed the previous scum lean I had on him.

I recognize this argument of mine both relies on and is susceptible to WIFOM, and I don't fault anyone for not finding it convincing. But I feel like I might as well explain my thinking and see what others feel about it.

Pythag also had scum reads on a number of other players, and I'm similarly cautious about mafia misdirects there.

Also I'm rereading Rockin's stuff, noting any <pi interactions to try and form a new read. I'm softly leaning town on Rockin due to the odds of it being SvS for D1 lynch, but I want to reread and decide.
*due to the low odds
Why would that be low odds? I'm not saying Rockin is scum, but if he was his vote seems like it would have been a smart move, to me. By the time he voted on D2, it seemed almost certain to me that either <pi or Rockin was going to get lynched.

One thing that stands out to me is Mediocre being very against a <pi lynch. Now that we know the powerful role that <pi had, it's just something I keep thinking about.
I think it's fair to characterize me as the most against a <pi lynch out of everyone who voiced an opinion, but I don't think it's accurate to say I was very against it. I think the word I used was "uncomfortable".

It's inevitable that my take on <pi will be considered, but I'd rather not have it misrepresented.

But now it looks like my Vanilla Town read for - - - remains. I highly doubt that they are a power role, and it was too risky of a fake claim imo for scum. It feels like a bad gambit, no offense - - -.
I don't disagree with your assessment, but I think you should avoid providing rationalizations for other player's actions while they're still alive. Let --- explain his rationale for himself before weighing in on what it might be. That way, if --- is scum, he doesn't have the benefit of being able to play off your explanation/support.

TewnLeenk

BRoomer
Mediocre Mediocre yeah after rereading, I guess the term "very against" was a little bit of a hyperbole and poor words choice. My bad.

I just wanted to make the note that you weren't down for a <pi lynch.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Still working on a re-read. Trying to avoid giving impartial thoughts. D1 really is a treasure trove of info on subsequent days in forum mafia, I highly recommend a solid re-read, noting what people have said about/in response to our two known roles.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Still working on the reread too, and I'm currently on mobile.

I'm pretty firmly against Medi's post and will make a detailed reply tonight or early tomorrow; several points were fishy to me.

I'm just absolutely exhausted. So no promises tonight.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Anyway I can very quickly give my summary of last nights events, prior to my re-read thoughts, which I am about 1/3rd of the way through. I think I can complete them by tonight.

The remaining scum knew that there is either a Doctor or Jailkeper in play in Town's team. That means there's a means of our remaining PR to protect someone.

I think based on D1 activity and how Pi's lynch came to be, the obvious picks for D1 Mafia kill were me and Werekill. Bit of a WIFOM argument, but it's possible remaining scum didn't want to chance going for one of us, and instead went for Pythag since there was not much reason for Town PR to expect a kill on him. Having scum's N1 kill canceled after losing the scum power role to D1 lynch would have been even harder to deal with than the current 7v1 with town having a power role scenario.
So, they killed Pythag, and were very lucky to have hit one of our power roles. I don't see anything in Pythag's posts to indicate he was a PR.

That's it for now

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The remaining scum knew that there is either a Doctor or Jailkeper in play in Town's team. That means there's a means of our remaining PR to protect someone.
*Possibility of either of these roles.
Prior to Pythag's reveal there was a 2/3 chance of one of those two roles being in play, now only 1/2.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Vanilla townie as Werekill guessed first, and SB after I pushed him to correct his original assumption. I wasn't sure about being too blunt on Day One out of the gate, but I also didn't want to contribute nothing either.

I still stand by my Rockin vote, though will have to re-evaluate once I get home from work in the morning. I'm surprised Pythag was killed, as stated I had a fairly null on them. I would have guessed WK/SB would have been stronger targets given their activity and calling <Pi' s bluff.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
My brain is frying... my google document of everyone's posts is 12 pages long and I'm not even done.... I will post what I have for and Pythag since they are complete in case someone can make use of them while I'm away, I am filling in in-betweens right now and figuring stuff out. I kept votes for Pi for context; votes for other people are important too though.

Mentions possibility of 3v6 being “unfair” and says 2v7 is much more reasonable.

Pythag #38
Nothing consequential, though you could interpret it as playing up his rust.

Reaction to Werekill’s vote. Mentions that not all have posted. Slow down.

Pythag #50
Replies to #45 with "0 information on d1."

Pythag #62
Quotes #61 3rd line. If is inexperienced, his behavior is typical scum traps? Hesitancy, invalid points, etc..
Asks Werekill at what point looks scummier than --- to him.

Pythag #63
Claims he quoted the wrong thing. Did he mean #58?

Pythag #65
Quotes --- #64 saying that it’s the strongest accusation ever seen. Probably a joke.

Quotes Pythag #62, Werekill #58, and Strong Bad #60
Asks why Hesitancy is scum behavior. Curious.
Claims rushing to vote people off seems like a waste.
Claims that there’s a 7/9 chance of hitting town. Guarantees mafia won’t get voted out day one [sic].

Quotes Werekill #69 and Strong Bad #60 (bolding and underlining BRoomer posting activity) and begins meta rant about how he won a Mafia game as mafia. Invites others to do the same.

Quotes Strong Bad #72 and Werekill #73 and says 2/9 to hit is better than 0.

[seems in response to Werekill #77] Claims he was bragging. Says he talks about that game every time mafia is brought up (meta)

Claims his life is average (saying Werekill’s name). Claims thread was over 10 years ago and can’t find it (meta)

Vote: Rockin
Stated reason: Misspelled Strong Bad’s name and broke rules to edit the fix

Pythag #107
Quote Rockin #79. Calls out friction to early votes.
Quote #70, says it’s ok to be hesitant if you’re putting someone at 3+ votes. Could be bandwagoned. Nothing else is alarming especially on Day 1. Claims wants discussion without action.
and Rockin mention the importance of information, but spurning the act of voting which creates info.

Pythag #108
Missed some stuff, reading now.

Pythag #124
Says he thinks cop choice should be to most active players.

Claims he is overthinking. Says that Strong Bad and Mediocre felt off from the start. Says he didn’t like RVS. They were most active until Rockin showed up. Claims Strong Bad implied that he was going for a no vote.
Doesn’t like that Rockin was getting town vibes on Strong Bad [unsubstantiated]
Town vibes from no one.

Corrects himself from #125 saying he meant Strong Bad and Werekill, not Strong Bad and Mediocre. Said that Rockin seemed most off after those two. No reads on Mediocre (specifically mentioned) or any other players.

Mess of a post in formatting. Quotes Strong Bad #142 asking if he’s trying to bully people off of Rockin.
Quotes Strong Bad #129 saying NOW we need to be careful? Nah. Now he feels Rockin even more. Claims he’ll keep the joke vote. Said he felt that Strong Bad was trying to trick a new player into saying something dumb.
Claims that Strong Bad waited for Werekill to bring up the joke vote on Rockin before mentioned it.

Something about post times, says he likes the idea of running scumlean lists.

Quotes #147 and says he messed up his post, and that he’ll wait til he gets home to play.

Reads:
Scum: Strong Bad, Rockin, Werekill
Scumish:TewnLeenk, Mediocre
Townish: Pythag, ---, Matunas

Pythag #169
Quote Replies to Matunas #143. Says that he doesn’t like D1 scumlean lists due to how little info there is.
Bad idea to not lynch.
Scummy: , Strong Bad, Rockin
Cites aggression. “I don’t think both of y’all are scum, but at this point I think one of you is.”
Mentions joke voting Rockin but also introducing friction to the early --- votes.
Cites Rockin’s earlier defensiveness in a similar way to ’s.
Null: Mediocre (inactive), Matunas, --- (Chess!)
Town: Werekill. Activity, actually being helpful as opposed to trying to act helpful.
TewnLeenk is “obvtown”

Strong Bad #176
Vote:

[1 vote for ]

Correctly formats #147 with no new information.

Quote Matunas #185, Meta talk. Says he went into detail because he felt he had nothing to hide.

Specifically says Rockin vote isn’t a joke anymore. Reads Strong Bad/Rockin or Rockin/Werekill as the scum pair.

Suggests we all make scum pools and then vote out who is on everyone’s lists.
His reads:
Scum: Strong Bad, Rockin, Mediocre
Town: Pythag, ---, Matunas

TewnLeenk #192
Vote:
Reasons: Defensiveness and joke/not joke vote.
[2 votes for ]

Werekill #194
Rockin is less fishy than
Vote:
Still has a scum lean on Rockin.

[3 votes for ]

Rockin #209
Quote Werekill #205 no need to look for WIFOM, look at lynch flip on D1 and night actions D2. Asks him to tone down sass.

Quote Matunas #206 saying trying to figure out roles is a waste of time. We should focus on facts and inconsistency of other players.

Replies to Strong Bad saying he’d prefer to lynch Werekill but he’s not opposed to PI kill.
Vote:

[ is at hammer status]

Says he keeps mixing up Mediocre and Werekill. Corrects #190: Scum list is Werekill, Strong Bad, Rockin.
Mediocre is null

Pythag #212
Town read on Mediocre
Likes and Strong Bad less and less. Reading stronger on
Quotes Rockin #209 and says he’s on Rockin’s side (as opposed to Werekill’s). Says Werekill seems scummy rn.

Pythag #239
Tag Matunas replying to #223
Quotes #147 as being disingenuous. Replies to Strong Bad saying he’s still trying to read his response; is on mobile. He said he’d look.

Identifies that he may be the first to go. He’s at work, he’ll try later.

Tag --- asking him to explain why he revealed.

Pythag #244
Tag Matunas
Formatting issues. Re-read Strong Bad posts and found nothing weird, he was mistaken by the 1v1.

Claims town cop role. Believed --- was Neapolitan.

We may be A1 setup. Gut says Strong Bad Werekill Rockin not sure about ---

Matunas #256
Vote:
[Hammer!]

Pythag #257
Is that the hammer?!

Posts the possible setups in 2d3 from the mafia scum wiki.

Werekill #259
X to doubt meme

x . x

Top Bottom