• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

Redhairedpenguin12

Smash Apprentice
Paper Mario has a better chance then a L-shaped block, he has moves completly different then Mario but if they did that they might start putting in all sorts of Mario's Baby Mario, Tanooki Mario, Frog Mario, FLUDD Mario, etc it'd get insane!!!! Anyway I do love Toad and would like him in.

Peeze

Smash Master
Alright saying Toad gets in he could smashed away at 0%. He would probly be the lightest character and a charged smash or charged shot from Samus orMewtwo,or charged hit from Roy, Marth,Link,Pit, Meta-Knight, basically any character, could send him flying. Maybe I'm wrong but if he's the lightest smallest character in Mario world as well as Mario Kart, i seriously doubt he'd be heavier than anyone in SSBB(even Pichu)

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Being light in Mario Kart doesn't mean he'd get smashed away at 0%, I'm prett sure he'd at least be heavier than Jiggs, Pichu, Kirby and Pika. Besides, Yoshi's usually light in Mario Kart, and he's one of the heaviest characters in both games.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
I heard somewhere that Toad was in melee, but several websites revealed the rumor as fake. I think that Toad'll definetly be in brawl because I don't think Nintendo would want to cheese off all the toad-aholics (me being one of them) by not putting Toad in.

Also, a PEACH SHEILD would be cool. Eat Super Scope Peach!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Alright saying Toad gets in he could smashed away at 0%. He would probly be the lightest character and a charged smash or charged shot from Samus orMewtwo,or charged hit from Roy, Marth,Link,Pit, Meta-Knight, basically any character, could send him flying. Maybe I'm wrong but if he's the lightest smallest character in Mario world as well as Mario Kart, i seriously doubt he'd be heavier than anyone in SSBB(even Pichu)
:dizzy:

He doesn't even move, and you can't even play as him; he just falls onto the stage and then just gets smashed away from the landing impact. And I'm sure you can imagine what Whispy Woods would do.

And if you couldn't tell, I'm being sarcastic. Your argument is a tad illogical. He's not that light. I mean, he's not a chunk or anything, but he's certainly heavier than Pichu, Jiggs, and Kirby. I'd wager him to way about as much (in-game) as Pikachu. Probably around the same size, too. Think before you post, ho. :cool:

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
Toad should be in it because:
A) He has appeared in many more games than most characters suggested. Period.
B) He is a trophy in Melee, as were Metaknight, Pit, and Wario.
C) He is heavily supported from what I gather from different sites and discussions.
D) To me he seems a more obvious choice than Zero Suit Samus or Pit anyway.
E) Get rid of Dr. Mario, and replace him with Toad... Sure!

Unfortunately, reasons he shouldn't be in it:
A) There are already many, many Mario series characters in Smash Bros, possibly to many even for Nintendo's leading franchise.
B) This is a weak reason but still... I have no clue what ORIGINAL MOVES would be used for his moveset.
C) It would have to occur early in development, wouldn't it so that Peach could be altered to not use him as a shield? (Another weak reason...)

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Toad would almost definitely be light if he were in brawl, but he not necessarily weak. In fact, Toad should be hell@ strong! Remember Super Mario Advance(Super Mario Bros. 2)? Who had 5 stars in strength? That's right! TOAD! He could pull up massive pow blocks and enemies in a split second. If Toad makes it into Brawl, he should have near-Ganondorf strength to balance out his low weight and (probably) short reach.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Toad should be in it because:
A) He has appeared in many more games than most characters suggested. Period.
B) He is a trophy in Melee, as were Metaknight, Pit, and Wario.
C) He is heavily supported from what I gather from different sites and discussions.
D) To me he seems a more obvious choice than Zero Suit Samus or Pit anyway.
E) Get rid of Dr. Mario, and replace him with Toad... Sure!

Unfortunately, reasons he shouldn't be in it:
A) There are already many, many Mario series characters in Smash Bros, possibly to many even for Nintendo's leading franchise.
B) This is a weak reason but still... I have no clue what ORIGINAL MOVES would be used for his moveset.
C) It would have to occur early in development, wouldn't it so that Peach could be altered to not use him as a shield? (Another weak reason...)
1st Set:
A) True, and a big reason that so many people that support Toad have been upset at his exclusion thus far.
B) Check.
C) Check.
D) I agree that his is more of an obvious choice than ZS Samus, but he, along with Pit, are characters whose glory days are more in the past. Not to say that there won't be a Pit or Toad renaissance anytime soon, but still.
E) Well, I'd hate to take out a character in place of any other character, just because all characters have their fans. But if I honestly had to choose, it would be Toad. :)

2nd Set:
A) The thing I hate about this argument is that Mario IS Nintendo. Nintendo would not be here were it not for Mario - heck, it's unlikely that any video games would be around were it not for everyone's favorite plumber. Obviously, it can never get so that there's half Mario, half other, but adding a few more would be acceptable (since all other groups will get a few more I'm sure).
B) Yes, that is a weak reason, and I REALLY wish people would stop using it. Fox/Falco. Captain Falcon. Peach. Coming up with original moves isn't impossible. I came up with some a while back, as have many others.
C) Haha, yes, that is another weak reason. What do you think Toadsworth is for? Duh, new shield. Or they could do the smart thing and just abolish that paltry little move and give her something new (personally I'm hoping for some inclusion of her powers from SPP...but that's another topic ;) ).

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Oh! Oh! I just thought of something! A B move for toad! In fact, his "B Neutral" move. Since Peach's B neutral is Toad and is a counter, what if Toad uses HIMSELF as a counter? He does the same little noise thing he does in Melee and hits his opponent back with the power they just hit him with?

Oh yeah, and Peach's B move could and should be changed to Toadsworth.

Peeze

Smash Master
:dizzy:

He doesn't even move, and you can't even play as him; he just falls onto the stage and then just gets smashed away from the landing impact. And I'm sure you can imagine what Whispy Woods would do.

And if you couldn't tell, I'm being sarcastic. Your argument is a tad illogical. He's not that light. I mean, he's not a chunk or anything, but he's certainly heavier than Pichu, Jiggs, and Kirby. I'd wager him to way about as much (in-game) as Pikachu. Probably around the same size, too. Think before you post, ho. :cool:
You think ur funny don't u? It was an exaggeration when i said he would be smashed away at 0% but he would be super light. If Peach can fit him into her pocket as her B attack how the **** can he be heavier than Pichu!?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I am effing hilarious. Haha, not really (don't take offense, I'm just sarcastic =P).

Anyhow, I wouldn't use the B move as a means of weight. What the characters pull out isn't really relative to its respective weight. I mean, if that's the route you're taking, how does G&W carry anything? And Kirby has a hammer and a sword that are undoubtedly heavier than he. Just something to think about.

Peeze

Smash Master
I'm not offended I'm sarcastic too, but the point i was trying to make is that we don't need another lightweight useless character when we already have 2 electric rats, 2 girls in dresses, 2 pink blobs, and a boy with a yo-yo.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
The only reason I don't want him in is because he's generic. The only generic characters in SSB should be Yoshi and the Pokemon.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I'm not offended I'm sarcastic too, but the point i was trying to make is that we don't need another lightweight useless character when we already have 2 electric rats, 2 girls in dresses, 2 pink blobs, and a boy with a yo-yo.
Useless? Kirby, Pika and Ness were the three best characters in the original SSB, Peach and Fox(who is light in Melee) Were extremeley good in Melee, so lightweights are far from useless. And why would adding a lightweight be so bad anyway? I can guarantee there are going to be at least three new ones in Brawl.

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
I personally think Toad would be a good addition but only because I just want to see a bunch of characters added. I would love to see diddy kong and sonic before I see toad though. Toad would probably be a light weight character which is cool, but for some reason I think he could have some powerful attacks and good speed too. I can't really think of many move sets for him though, which could be a problem.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
I think he could have some powerful attacks and good speed too. .
I vaguely remember when my little brother bought Super Mario Advance 2 on the Gameboy, Toad was actually the fastest in the game. I will write more on this subject later, tired out from typing.

-SMB

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Useless? Kirby, Pika and Ness were the three best characters in the original SSB, Peach and Fox(who is light in Melee) Were extremeley good in Melee, so lightweights are far from useless. And why would adding a lightweight be so bad anyway? I can guarantee there are going to be at least three new ones in Brawl.
Thank you. :grin: Peach and Fox are definitely huge contenders in SSBM, with Jiggs also making a show on occasion.

And after all, there are people clamoring for FE characters, Golden Sun characters, and numerous other characters of "average" weight. Should we then try to limit the number of "normal" weight characters? Weight shouldn't be the issue - otherwise, our poor Toad might develop a complex and become bulimic (and no, he can't read minds).

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
A whole discussion dedicated to Toad?

This must be the most boring disc. in all of SWF.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
"Bueller...Bueller...Bueller..." Ehhh it's not that boring. It's a lot of people that say "ZOMG Toad is teh suxx0rz he is sma11 & w3ak" and some people that rabidly love Toad (such as me, haha), and a lot of people that generally want him in, with more of them saying "definitely." Could be worse. =)

Peeze

Smash Master
First of all if u read what i said u'll realize that i never said anything about fox. Second Kirby,Pika and Ness were good on N64 YEARS AGO. i don't remember there being a section on SWF for N64 SSB. So currently they're useless(unless u have skill with each of them individually). True there probly will be lightweights in SSBB which is no problem, if u can master roll dodges, wavedashing and other means of avoidance (if those things are in SSBB). My point was its probly easier for an average player to win using say C.F. than it is using Ness

Iggy K

Smash Ace
And you missed my point. You said all lightweights were useless, so I proved you wrong with Peach and Fox(oddly enough, you haven't commented on Peach yet) and I read what you said, but since Fox is a lightweight, I used him as an example. It doesn'tatter if the character ends up light or bad, that has nothing to do with the character being added or not.

Peeze

Smash Master
Okay Peach is USELESS. There happy? Ididn't say it would affect him being in the game just that most people wouldn't gravitate towards playing with a small character. If I'm wrong other people tell me: who would u rather use C.F. or PEACH? It takes time to learn to use small characters. Ness(in SSBM) is not an easy character to use nor is fox or Jiggz.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I rather Peach, but I inderstand what you're saying, if he gets in, he probably would be harder to master, but I like it better when I win with the "hard-to-master" characters(Pichu) over the n00b characters(Sheik).

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay Peach is USELESS. There happy? Ididn't say it would affect him being in the game just that most people wouldn't gravitate towards playing with a small character. If I'm wrong other people tell me: who would u rather use C.F. or PEACH? It takes time to learn to use small characters. Ness(in SSBM) is not an easy character to use nor is fox or Jiggz.
Actually, uh, Peach is actually a very good character in Melee. (IMO, and in the opinion of the Tier list (She's around #4)) If you can play her right, she is a useful counterpick to just about anyone thanks to that Float and the turnips, and the fact that wavedashing is unnecessary to play with her effectively. I can't play C.F in Melee. He's much too fast for me, and I can't get down his timing. (I could in Smash 64, but they were all quite floaty in that one)

As to people not gravitating to Small characters, I disagree. Most people I know who play videogames (Esp. Fighting games) know not to judge a characters worth by their appearance or ease of use. I know many more people that main Jigglypuff than main Samus even though Samus is such a badass. Everybody will try out every character, and only the guys who don't know any better will gravitate towards Snake just because he's from Metal Gear (And they are the ones who will give you the satisfying surprised expression when you manage to school them with a Jiggs, or a Peach... or even a Toad.)

Peeze

Smash Master
I noticed u said u couldn't use C.F. because u couldn't get down the timing, and he's too fast for u. Thats means u suck. GOOD PEOPLE: would u rather use Peach or C.F.?

BTW dotdotdot! C.F. is in a higher tier than Peach :) :)

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Actaully..I use more the heavy characters than the light ones. First with Link there is no need to WD with Link it's partically useless in a sense. He moves much faster if you just Shffl with Link than trying to WD it's just makes sense. Plus some of the lighter characters are sometimes easier to use..Like G&W , I used a couple time and I picked him up really fast..It depends what your preference is.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I noticed u said u couldn't use C.F. because u couldn't get down the timing, and he's too fast for u. Thats means u suck. GOOD PEOPLE: would u rather use Peach or C.F.?

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=77926 That's the most recent tier list, look carefully, who's higher, Peach or Falcon? And using a bad character doesn't make you suck. My main is Yoshi, while I can't use Sheik for crap, does that mean I suck? And notice how most of the heavy characters are at the bottom while lighter ones at the top?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

C.F., but Peach is a good chaarcter. I'm sad Mr. Game and Watch really never gets high on tier lists.

As for toad, sure, why not?

DokturSea

Smash Lord
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=77926 That's the most recent tier list, look carefully, who's higher, Peach or Falcon? And using a bad character doesn't make you suck. My main is Yoshi, while I can't use Sheik for crap, does that mean I suck? And notice how most of the heavy characters are at the bottom while lighter ones at the top?
Yoshi repreZENT! Whooo!

Um yeah, back on topic, Peeze, shut up. They are not gonna add all heavyweights to Brawl. There will be some, probably even a lot of lightweights. And Toad has a very good chance of being one of those lightweights. And personally, I'd rather use Peach. ;)

Rowe

Smash Cadet
Lets see what the galaxy toads do in Super Mario Galaxy. I know they are a little different (stars on hat instead of dots). Maybe they can base some moves of normal toads off of them.

Top Bottom