• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

Maverick69

Smash Ace
what was the point of quoting something about shyguy and then saying something about toad?

Also, Taste T., Russ T., That golden fighter guy, and all them aren;t named toad but are part of the "toad" race

Iggy K

Smash Ace
To me toad is just too generic. There is not just one toad or "the toad" toad refers to the race of mushroom headed man servents. Yoshi is special because that green Yoshi is the one and only true yoshi that has been with Mario forever. Every other yoshi has different colors while the toads all look exactly the same.
There are green Yoshi's besides Yoshi, and I guess SMB2, WW, SMRPG, Mario Kart games, Mario Party, Tennis and a bumch of other game sdefinatley don't count, right?
Pikachu and Jigglypuff are there because of the popularity of the anime series. Toad on the other hand is a very generic character. They even had to create an old toad and a female one so that there could be some variety.
I'm thinking you don't know crap about Toad, Toad is extremley popular and I point you to my above post about the generic thing.
Adding toad would open up the doors for characters like boo or shy guy who are both generic popular characters.
I once again point you to my other posts.
My two cent take it or leave it.
I'll leave it, you don't know crap.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
with all of this.....that i just read......i have to go with iggy k on this one.he does have a point over yours man

Drewz

Smash Cadet
The only Mario characters I want.
-Mario
-Luigi
-Bowser
-Wario
-Yoshi
-Peach
-Donkey Kong

Toad just doesn't compete with those guys.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Toad does too compete with them.

He competes with them in mariokart, maro tennis, wario's woods, mario golf, every other mario spinoff, and all the mario parties!

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
-Mario
-Luigi
-Bowser
-Wario
-Yoshi
-Peach
-Donkey Kong

DK is technically not a Mario character although he does have his roots in the Mario franchise. Anyway, I expect the DK series to receive atleast one more character slot, hopefully two. Now, as far as the Toad issue is concerned, I'm cool with Toad, although I'm not sure what his moveset would be, and we're not even considering his special. LOL! I'm really just not sure to tell you the truth, however I think that the Mario Series already has enough representatives. I still want Baby Bowser though.:chuckle:

xianfeng

Smash Hero
-Mario
-Luigi
-Bowser
-Wario
-Yoshi
-Peach
-Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong, Wario and Yoshi arn't mario characters.

DK is technically not a Mario character although he does have his roots in the Mario franchise. Anyway, I expect the DK series to receive atleast one more character slot, hopefully two. Now, as far as the Toad issue is concerned, I'm cool with Toad, although I'm not sure what his moveset would be, and we're not even considering his special. LOL! I'm really just not sure to tell you the truth, however I think that the Mario Series already has enough representatives. I still want Baby Bowser though.
Donkey Kong debuted in Donkey Kong Jr as Donkey Kong Jr, a DK game so Mario cameod in one of his games :p also do you mean Baby Bowser from Yoshi's Island of Bowser Jr from Super Mario Sunshine.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
-Mario
-Luigi
-Bowser
-Wario
-Yoshi
-Peach
-Donkey Kong

...Really, anyone who doesn't think they'll aff at least add one new Mario character is stupid. As for whoever said something about a moveset, multipe ones have been made in this thread already.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
That makes me sad...any reason why you are so against him? :confused:

And to he who listed all 7 of the "main" Mario characters except Toad, you suck. :lick: I mean, you can't expect them to add everyone BUT Toad by now, seeing as they're so close to completing "THE 8."

Maverick69

Smash Ace
DK is technically not a Mario character although he does have his roots in the Mario franchise. Anyway, I expect the DK series to receive atleast one more character slot, hopefully two. Now, as far as the Toad issue is concerned, I'm cool with Toad, although I'm not sure what his moveset would be, and we're not even considering his special. LOL! I'm really just not sure to tell you the truth, however I think that the Mario Series already has enough representatives. I still want Baby Bowser though.:chuckle:
Actually if you wanna get technical, Mario has HIS roots in the DK franchise.

"Mario is a video game character created by Shigeru Miyamoto for Nintendo. He first appeared in Donkey Kong."

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I dunno. In Mario baseball he was so awesome. I guess I'm just afraid he'll suck. And besides Peach already made him her b****.
She can just pull out Toadsworth you know, and sure, there is the chance he'll suck, bet there's also the chance that he'll be great.
I decdided to make a point/counterpoint list for Toad. Most of these were said earlier in the thread, but most ppl haven't been reading the whole thing. (Points are against Toad, Counter points are for Toad [what I think]
Point: Toad is a generic character.
Counter Point: There is one Toad that is believed to be THE Toad (SMB2, Mario Kart, etc.)
Point: Toad is Peach's B-move.
CP: That can easily be replaced by Toadsworth or Perry, Peach's umbrella.
Point: Toad is a filler character and has no big roles.
CP: Toad was playable in SMB2, had a huge part in Mario Party, and was the main character for Wario's Woods.
Point: Geno is more deserving.
CP: Geno had only one big role in one game, and he may be 3rd party.
Point: But Geno was in SuperStar Saga.
CP: Toad was PLAYABLE in SuperStar Saga.
Point: There are too many Mario characters.
CP: The Mario series is the flagship series for Nintendo. Plus, Wario, DK, and maybe even Yoshi don't count as a Mario character.
Point: Why Toad? Why not Waluigi, Daisy, or Birdo?
CP: Toad was part of the 'big 8' and is the only character from Mario Kart 64 not to be in Smash yet.
Point: Toad isn't a fighter! He is a weakling!
CP: Toad was the strongest character in SMB2 out of Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad. In the game, he killed shy guys and other creatures.
Point: Just because he killed shy guys doesn't mean that he is a fighter.
CP: Other characters have not had a fighting backround before Smash either.
Point: Toad wouldn't have an original moveset.
CP: An example B moveset: B natural: Throw star. B left/right: Bazooka. B down: (Peach's move with shyguys and other things.) B up: Suprise from SMB3
Point: Toad is way too small and light.
CP: It's called resizing. And, in Mario Kart 64, Yosh in Toad were in the same weight class. Yoshi is not the heaviest in Smash.
Point: Toad has an annoying voice.
CP: Use it to taunt your enemies.
Point: Why can't he be the tutorial guide?
CP: Toad fans want more than that. Toad deserves better than that..
Point: Toad sux.
CP: If you don't like him, don't play as him.

That sums up most things.
How did I not notice the awesomeness of this post? Ah well, bravo, Toad haters read this.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Iggy is right, that posts rules. Toad-Haters can **** right off.

bbb

Smash Champion
I decdided to make a point/counterpoint list for Toad. Most of these were said earlier in the thread, but most ppl haven't been reading the whole thing. (Points are against Toad, Counter points are for Toad [what I think]
Point: Toad is a generic character.
Counter Point: There is one Toad that is believed to be THE Toad (SMB2, Mario Kart, etc.)
Point: Toad is Peach's B-move.
CP: That can easily be replaced by Toadsworth or Perry, Peach's umbrella.
Point: Toad is a filler character and has no big roles.
CP: Toad was playable in SMB2, had a huge part in Mario Party, and was the main character for Wario's Woods.
Point: Geno is more deserving.
CP: Geno had only one big role in one game, and he may be 3rd party.
Point: But Geno was in SuperStar Saga.
CP: Toad was PLAYABLE in SuperStar Saga.
Point: There are too many Mario characters.
CP: The Mario series is the flagship series for Nintendo. Plus, Wario, DK, and maybe even Yoshi don't count as a Mario character.
Point: Why Toad? Why not Waluigi, Daisy, or Birdo?
CP: Toad was part of the 'big 8' and is the only character from Mario Kart 64 not to be in Smash yet.
Point: Toad isn't a fighter! He is a weakling!
CP: Toad was the strongest character in SMB2 out of Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad. In the game, he killed shy guys and other creatures.
Point: Just because he killed shy guys doesn't mean that he is a fighter.
CP: Other characters have not had a fighting backround before Smash either.
Point: Toad wouldn't have an original moveset.
CP: An example B moveset: B natural: Throw star. B left/right: Bazooka. B down: (Peach's move with shyguys and other things.) B up: Suprise from SMB3
Point: Toad is way too small and light.
CP: It's called resizing. And, in Mario Kart 64, Yosh in Toad were in the same weight class. Yoshi is not the heaviest in Smash.
Point: Toad has an annoying voice.
CP: Use it to taunt your enemies.
Point: Why can't he be the tutorial guide?
CP: Toad fans want more than that. Toad deserves better than that..
Point: Toad sux.
CP: If you don't like him, don't play as him.

That sums up most things.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
wow isn't it refreshing to see that the people against toad use different arguments that we havnt already explained?

*SARCASM*

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Alright, I support Toad, but let me get this through your heads. Geno is way more deserving than Toad. Geno is alot cooler. End of it. You want to argue, look at the support he has in his thread and on the poll. But seriously though, what is with all the Geno hate?

Maverick69

Smash Ace
There's no geno hate from me.

But I don't believe that geno is more deserving than toad. Geno has been a main role in ONE game. and a minor appearance in superstar saga.
Toad has appeared in just about every mario game ever created, had a starring fighting role in wario's woods, was playable in the sports spinoffs, and was jipped out of a slot in melee and turned into an attack.

As for you saying Geno is cooler than Toad, that's an opinion, I dont really care either way.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
There's no geno hate from me.

But I don't believe that geno is more deserving than toad. Geno has been a main role in ONE game. and a minor appearance in superstar saga.
Toad has appeared in just about every mario game ever created, had a starring fighting role in wario's woods, was playable in the sports spinoffs, and was jipped out of a slot in melee and turned into an attack.

As for you saying Geno is cooler than Toad, that's an opinion, I dont really care either way.
I'm saying more deserving fan wise. Geno ranks high in the polls whereas Toad isn't. But Toad does deserve a spot.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
No Geno hate from me either. But at the same time, who's cooler is an opinion (which I will let slide :lick: ). As for who's more deserving, Sakurai digs nostalgia, and Toad's far older. Plus he is more prominent of a character than Geno due to how many games he's been in. Like Toad, Geno has a really strong niche fan core, and appeals generally to a fairly wide group. Both characters have similar amounts of fans, Geno's are probably more outspoken.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
No Geno hate from me either. But at the same time, who's cooler is an opinion (which I will let slide :lick: ). As for who's more deserving, Sakurai digs nostalgia, and Toad's far older. Plus he is more prominent of a character than Geno due to how many games he's been in. Like Toad, Geno has a really strong niche fan core, and appeals generally to a fairly wide group. Both characters have similar amounts of fans, Geno's are probably more outspoken.
Geno's fans are fewer than Toads but they are more like LoZ/ FF/ KH fanboys so it seems like there are more than there are, they are scary.
toad should not be a character in brawl he should remain peaches counter
Toadsworth would make more sense as her counter

Ftw Is A Falco

Smash Cadet
i have no clue what will happen, i didn't even find out about brawl until about a month ago, but i suspect that toad will be quick and most likely use magic attacks

Top Bottom