• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Geno's fans are fewer than Toads but they are more like LoZ/ FF/ KH fanboys so it seems like there are more than there are, they are scary.

Toadsworth would make more sense as her counter
So the high ranking on Sakurai's poll means nothing now? I guess Diddy doesn't have that many fans either.....

Edit: coughImadeamovesetforWariointheWariofanclubthreadcough

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Magic? Like with the wands from Super Mario 3? That might work, but you'd have to buffer his moves with other more "Toad-like" moves.

Ftw Is A Falco

Smash Cadet
yeah and in the mario parties and stuff he gives away the stars, so, like peaches floating, he could float on a star, or something to that sort

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's a bit of a stretch, since he has so many other things to take moves from (Mario Kart, Other mario sports, more prominant Mario Party things, Super Mario Bros. 3 items that noone has heard of since then, Wario's woods, SMB2) But that could be thrown in the mix somehow.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
So the high ranking on Sakurai's poll means nothing now? I guess Diddy doesn't have that many fans either.....

Edit: coughImadeamovesetforWariointheWariofanclubthreadcough
Geno still has a lot of fans, I just think that it's safe to assume that Toad has more, and from some of the Geno fanboys at Gamefaqs it's a safe comparasin to say they are as scary as FF, Zelda and KH fanboys.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
GameFAQs = fanboys (generally). So that's a bad comparison. And it's not that Toad has more fans, it's just that both have wide-reaching fanbases and that those that support Geno more than Toad are more prone to speaking out because Geno had such few roles.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Toad has been in more games and is more well known and because of how good he is in Mario Kart I'm pretty sure I can assume that Toad has more fans, but I love Geno too :p

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Ahaha UK, you're awesome. You really love Geno, but you still support Toad, which I think is sweet right there. But those videos rule. Therefore, you rule as well. =)

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Glad you like the videos. Unfortunately I didn't make them but I thought they were cool nonetheless.

P.S. Do I lose posting rights if I have 0 reputation? Because this one guy is neg repping me into the ground and obviously has no intention on stopping.

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunatly, I have not played Super Mario RPG so I have not been exposed to Geno's 'awesomeness.'

But to me, Toad seems like a really important Mario character while Geno is just a major character in one game. If it weren't for Toad, many games would be a lot different.

I'm not a Geno hater and you are entitled to your own opinion. But mushrooms are the Mario emblem in SSB, and when I think of mushrooms, I think of Toad. (That was pointless, I just wanted to say it.)

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Unfortunatly, I have not played Super Mario RPG so I have not been exposed to Geno's 'awesomeness.'

But to me, Toad seems like a really important Mario character while Geno is just a major character in one game. If it weren't for Toad, many games would be a lot different.

I'm not a Geno hater and you are entitled to your own opinion. But mushrooms are the Mario emblem in SSB, and when I think of mushrooms, I think of Toad. (That was pointless, I just wanted to say it.)
Check out the movies on the page before this. CoughIpostedthemCough. Despite how bad*** Toad is in those movies, I still have to give the nod to Geno but only by a little bit. I mean, I wouldn't stay true to my wishlist if I didn't support my #1 pick.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Most Mario games are located in the Mushroom Kingdom, where the main species is the Toad. One Toad in paticular is in Mario's adventures. (SMB2) Toad needs representation in Brawl.
Don't start this representation crap. Mario already has enough rep as it is. I support Toad and I really support Geno but representation is a weak argument when it comes to Toad. No offense.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Don't start this representation crap. Mario already has enough rep as it is. I support Toad and I really support Geno but representation is a weak argument when it comes to Toad. No offense.
Fer cryin' out...

Negative Nancy Thread said:
Nintendo is a company, and like any other company, they like money. Like it or not, Mario sells. He has for years. You could moan all you like and resist any more characters from the popular franchises, but the game, most likely, will always have a good chunk of Mario characters in the SSB series. Think of it as Nintendo saying "Thank you" to Mario for all his years of service. Besides that, just because the cast is rounded out with Wario, Toad, and Daisy doesn't mean that your favorite franchise won't get another character.
Uncle Kenny said:
P.S. Do I lose posting rights if I have 0 reputation? Because this one guy is neg repping me into the ground and obviously has no intention on stopping.
No, you just go into negative numbers and no, "one guy" isn't. You can't rep someone more than once.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
He must have like 10 different guys neg repping me then. Plus I was saying that rep is a weak argument as opposed to using that argument for someone like DK. I know the Mario series sells but I am talking about rep. Despite that minor detail, I believe he stands a good chance at getting in. Wario, Toad, and Metaknight were all the most wanted characters for Brawl before it was announced and only Toad is left to add.

P.S. Does being in the negative numbers affect anything or am I freaking out for no reason?

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
Mario=5 characters represented
Zelda=4 characters represented
Pokemon-4 characters represented
There will prob. be a Pokemon or Zelda (or both) char. added. Mario=Nintendo. Toad imo is the best Mario char. to get in.

When I think of Geno, I don't think of Mario. Geno could be added as a 3rd party char. after Sonic.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
DK=1 character and he along with Mario started Nintendo
Metroid=2 despite the fact that it sells alot
Starfox=2 come on

When I think of Geno, I think of a bad*** fighter who needs to get in Brawl or at least make a comeback in a Mario game. D*** Square-Enix! Give us Geno!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
DK=1 character and he along with Mario started Nintendo
Metroid=2 despite the fact that it sells alot
Starfox=2 come on
But those three are the bg of Nintendo's notable franchises. The big three that can, should, and will get the most representation are Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon just because they sell the most. Numbers don't lie.

Yayyy for more Toad Discussion, though. :)

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
That is not the point. The point is this is smash not The Legends of Mario's Pokemon Battles. So the fact that all those outsell DK, Metroid, and Starfox doesn't mean that they should be left out. Because ppl that play smash aren't looking for a game with just Mario, Polemon, or Zelda chars. They are looking for a game featuring most of nintendo's best franchises in a stage betaing the hell out of each other. *input obnoxious smiley face here*

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Yeah, well it isn't Nintendo making this game, it's Sakurai. And he speciffically stated that he would like to give series like the ones I mentioned more representation. Example: Zamus and Metaknight. Plus he loves the old NES titles. Example: Pit, and Balloon Fighter and Mach Rider were supposedly in the beta for Melee, check out the rumor mill thread. My point is that this game isn't about Mario or the LoZ franchises, it's about giving some characters a second chance and showing how great a franchise still is. In fact, Sakurai recommended that people play the old NES games and wants them to make a comeback in the future. With Pit's new evolution, I think we can expect more games of him, and Sakurai might even make them himself. After all, he does have a studio all to himself now and they won't limit themselves to just Brawl. But now I have gone extremely off topic now. I am not against Toad but I don't won't to hear about this popularity being the big issue of Brawl. Now that I am thinking of it, a direct quote of Sakurai is that popular characters don't get him too exicted so hah! I am right! Toad ftw regardless.

Edit: Directed to Aeris.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
That is not the point. The point is this is smash not The Legends of Mario's Pokemon Battles. So the fact that all those outsell DK, Metroid, and Starfox doesn't mean that they should be left out. Because ppl that play smash aren't looking for a game with just Mario, Polemon, or Zelda chars. They are looking for a game featuring most of nintendo's best franchises in a stage betaing the hell out of each other. *input obnoxious smiley face here*
REEEEOW. Way to get totally *****y for no apparent reason. I'm not against more representation for DK, Metroid, and/or StarFox, I'm just being realistic. For one, there are more character options in the three "main franchises." As much as Sakurai enjoys lesser known characters, there's no way he will leave the Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon series untouched. Like I said, I'm not disrespecting any of the other games or saying that they should be "left out," but I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't add more to each of the big three (even just one more). Heck, I don't even think they NEED more Pokémon, but you and I both know that there will be at least one or two more. I think everything will turn out fine, and I trust Sakurai's judgment. But at the same time, let's not expect to see Sheriff and Bayou Billy duking it out on the Wii.

And I (:bigthumbu ) feel like being extra obnoxious just to spite you (:******: ).

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
My argument is better. Walks away with his head held high in the air. Then comes back for no reason in particular.

Sure they will get more rep but I am saying that they are not the main focus and the underminded franchises will recieve a signifiginally (d*** you word I can't spell) larger increase as opposed to the three "mains" if you will. Agree with me for I am right!

This debate is all in good fun right? Toad = Something so good that I don't even know what to say so I will just use one of xianfeng's running statements ,"sex in a pan."

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
I thought in your post you were trying to say that they should add more of the SMB, LoZ, and Pokemon chars instead of adding at least one or two more other chars from Nintendo's other popular franchises.

Edit: And yes Uncle Kenny your argument was much more well put then my two second rant.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Ehh I used the word "should" fiscally speaking. I only really want Toad and Skull Kid from Mario and Zelda respectively, and I'm set. But I'd be surprised if those franchises went unchanged, just because they are so profitable.

And UK: "significantly," maybe? =P And it's not that I disagree with your argument, it's just that I don't see SSB being dominated by lesser known franchises. I'm not for or against either setup, I'm just doubtful as to the latter's probability.

Of course this is discussion is all in good fun - I love everyone. =)

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I never stated that Brawl would be over ran by lesser franchises. I expect the three mains to be as highly repped as ever in the next game just like they were in Melee, but I am just implying that they won't be the main focus so to speak. To be honest, I just want to see some original characters to see what it would be like. But refer to my list and those are the ones I support first and then original characters. Ahh love, I am really hoping you are a girl because if you are not.... I'm thinking we should just be friends. (Just Joking).

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
B= shooting out a cloud of spores (like Weezing when he attacks) and for down B, he's ducking into his cap to avoid taking damage

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey eveybody! I'm sure Basement Dweller said something quite profound and useful in his aim to get Toad into Brawl. Oh, how I wish I hadn't blocked his posts so I could read his wonderful, not-overstated-and-redundant-at-all messages again.

Thank you, Basement Dweller, for being such a positive force in the crusade for getting Toad into Brawl. I just know that however your posts are falling, they are always going to be pro-Toad. I'm just sorry that I have to miss out.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Basement We know that Toad is peach's neutral B but sakurai said that all the characters are being worked over again and with Toadsworth replacing Toad in games from Sunshine onwards perhaps he could go there or a move from her own game Super Princess Peach. Having him as a move is no obstacle really you just have to remember that all characters are being started again.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Double Post I know but Toad needs a bump with my sprite comic A day in the life of... The first one is about Toad but it is a little inapproriate and Petey Piranha fans may not want to look at it.

Top Bottom