• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad and Toadette replacing Popo and Nana?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Stupid idea. The Ice Climbers are cool retro characters. Toad, while retro, sucks. Toadette sucks more.

Lame.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
No. Toad should be his own character, and don't take out the Ice Climbers.

Biosage X

Smash Apprentice
whats up with everyone hating on the ice climbers? Granted, I don't use them myself, that dosent mean they should be axed from the game. As for Toad and Toadette paired..i'm not feelin it. I have a hunch Toad might make it in, but only by himself.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Ixnay on the airpay. Esyay on the Oadtay. Iglatinpay is annoyingay.

And a big =P to McFox. Toad is so not lame.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
As pimp as Toadette is (I felt so bad after I learned the last technique in PM:TYD ; ;), I'll have to agree that the ICs should remain in the game and remain the duo.

And Toad's a weenie...:p

bRoWn6614

Smash Apprentice
NAW MAN WHY U GOTTA SAY THAT! :urg: WHATS WRONG WITH YOU? :confused: LOL AHAHAH :laugh: J/K BUT FO REALS POPO AND NANA HOULDN'T BE REPLACED THEY SHOULD BE PUT IN BRAWL. THEY ARE TOO COOL... SO COOL THAT THEY ARE COLD. :laugh: THEY ARE OLD SCHOOL.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ewww, I hate this idea. Not only because of Toadette lameness, but because it's a very unoriginal idea. Popo and Nana should be the only duo character, with Diddy and Dixie Kong as another possible choice. But both Diddy and Toad are better of as solo characters.

JPW

Smash Ace
i prefer seeing Toad as a shield

much better that way. The screenshots we got were just classic.

Though I do see Toad taking a bigger part in Smash Bros. He could be like an advisor or guide or something. Help you train or fill you in on secrets, that be the best use for Toad.

Toad just doesn't scream Smash potential to me.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Ice Climbers should NOT be replaced, they are awesome. And if Toad appears he should be a stand alone character and Toadette just plain sucks.

This suggestion isn't cool. Ice Climbers forever.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
So much Toad abuse. =( I just don't think that they would make a good team for Brawl. I mean, Toad is fine separate from Toadette (much like Diddy and Dixie). Plus, I just don't think Toadette has enough distinguishing qualities from other Toads (disregarding appearance and gender) to really stand out separately.

Yes for Toad, no for Toadette, no for them as a pair.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Toadette is only good in Mario Kart: Double Dash.

And that's only because her hair things sway with the kart... and it's entertaining sort of... in a stupid sort of way.

In SSBB, the most she deserves is a Trophy.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Actually, there may be some other characters worthy of teams. Bub and Bob......and that's all I can think of at the moment.....

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Oh good grief. What's with the Ice Climber hate? THEY ARE GOOD CHARACTERS.

Toadette sucks. Toad owns. Too bad he isn't a fighter.

Yeah yeah. I know that Peach isn't a fighter either, but Toad is a side character who doesn't fight.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Toad must be his own character, him being with toadette is just dumb, lets add link and zelda as a duo too, why not mario and luigi? see doesnt make sense, anywya I doubt the ICs are comin back unless they improve them...

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
^What's there to improve? They're high tier. If they cut the Ice Climbers because they suck, they'd might as well cut the 18 characters below them, too.

If they're going to cut the ice climbers in the first place, they wouldn't REPLACE them. They'd cut them. Why would they need to replace a retro Nintendo character that's already been in one game and has a large fan base?

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Looking back at the previous posts, I believe it's been well established that the Ice Climbers should stay.

That said: I want more team characters. As it stands now, it's either you can play the Ice Climbers, or you can not play a team character. I want this to change. Diddy and Dixie would be awesome, but I never really liked baby mario or luigi too much, and besides, how many times can the same characters make it into a single game?
And now we have Toad. And if being paired with Toadette is what it'll take to get another team character in this game, then I say So Be It.

M-Dawg

Smash Cadet
why not just add toad and/or toadette in the game while keeping the ics, that will make everybody happy and give more character variety in the game.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I just want Toad... period, i mean cmon shes just a female toad, lets stay with good ol' classic toad... I wouldnt mind if the ICs DO come back, just hope if they do they'll get themselves more kick *** looks like they did to Pit...

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Oh no... I just had a thought.

What if we could make every character like the Ice Climbers? What if we could choose Fox and have an option to make Marth run along side him? :(

Good thing it'll never happen, though it is interesting to think about.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I rather not, cmon kirby and snake? zamus and wario? dont like it much, maybe a tag battle option... but I dont know...

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Someone posted a move list for Bub and Bob from Bubble Bobble. I think they would make a pretty awesome team.

shinranshin

Smash Rookie
Characters known not to be in brawl: (As stated by Skurai during his interview.)
-OoT/MM Young Link (It's a simple swap out for WW Link really.)
-Ice Climbers (The reason for the Ice Climbers being ejected might be that they are a "Slippery Slope". Having one 'team' character might lead the way for everything to slide that way.)
This is from ssbbrawl.com

I suppose if Skurai said they wont be in brawl they wont be. But who knows, it might change. Toad and Toadette sounds awsome =]. Not replacing ice climbers though...

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Some Bubble Bobble Dino's might be fun, especialy if they can transform their enemies into friut. Although it still seems like quite a stretch.

The more I think of it, the more I like the idea of a Toad/Toadette team. I suppose it stems from my unwillingness to see Toad as his own character. This might just be me being uncreative, but Toad seems fairly bland and uninteresting as a smash bros character. Making him a team character eliminates both of those concerns for me.

Besides, can you imaging one of them useing the other as a shield the way Peach does? That would be freakin' hilarious.

Top Bottom