• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To the Italians...

Aiko

Smash Champion
soft ban is where the ban is not official or compulsory, but its frowned upon.

similar to street fighter 2 - Akuma is not officially banned in tournaments or anything but people look down on Akuma mainers or people who enter tournaments with Akuma.

Tero.

Smash Champion
This ..
Ban
is
so ...
riddiculous

stop
whining

start
playing

srsly >_______________________________>

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
how about what the japanese have in their brawl rules

a soft ban for MK
What? This is the first I hear of this. Source? The last I heard (two or so weeks ago), KameKasu stated that neither Meta nor Snake (in response to someone claiming otherwise) were banned, be it soft or hard.

Dark_Crono

Smash Journeyman
I really dont know how you guys still compare the staring points of melee and brawl... have you guys seen how fast the players saw who was the best in Tekken 6? and it was in probably in a few weeks (bob btw), so if MK its broken now, he will still be broken since hes just made to be better than everyone... even if it wasnt intentional, the only way to change it if is Nintendo makes a patch or something like that like NAMCO started doing with Soul Calibur and Tekken but that wont happen because it wasnt made to be competitive.

Keyy

Smash Apprentice
Whats funny is that italian males eventually become small short round bald things, resembling Meta Knight. And yet they ban their true king.
could you repeat that? can't understand you through your crooked teeth.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
But we have no big international Brawl tournaments that's mainly for Brawl in Europe, at the moment. And there's no guarantee we will have any in the future either.
Nope, but if we do, they're bound to run into some metaknights, which was my point really. Just saying that it might get harder for them to compete internationally by banning metaknight already.

@Dark-Chrono, sure changes are big that Metaknight will remain the best but why would you ban him for that? If you ban stuff just because you can't beat it you're never getting any good, nor are you really competitive. Heck, Amsah should have been banned from Dutch tourneys cuz he won too much. ;) And you should ban M2K, that guy is definitely broken (and I don't think he's getting fixed either).

Edit; @Gaki, how can we ban Marc, HE's the mod.

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
Seriously WTF.

How dumb can the Italian community be? I say it's time for international sanctions. In the US the EC community is dominant at this time, and although MKs do really well, there's nothing that suggests that MK should be banned. Other fighting games have chars who have no matchups that are worse than 50-50.

Aldwyn just go kick their collective *****, seriously I am amazed at what I just read.

Props to Marc for being one of the best posters on these boards.

MrHazuki

Smash Ace
Though it's still their decision. In their tournaments MK is banned, and it won't really help them in international competitions. But, their tournaments will be a lot more exciting and fun, no doubt.

melt87

Smash Cadet
This is my response to this:
I invite any Italian supporting the ban to contact me either through PM:s here on SWF or through MSN. He shall then have to present his case for why Meta-Knight should be banned and I shall then proceed to give him a well-deserved verbal thrashing (full of facts to support why he's an idiot and a Scrub).

Also, we had a thread on this. It raged on for quite a while. Not surprisingly, when it died, not a single of the things I'd said at the start of the thread had been refuted.

Bring it on, Italy.

As a side note, Aldwyn, which Italians that I've actually met support this ban? Give me their names so I can hunt them down at the next tournament we're both at and ***** slap them... and possibly grope them if they're good-looking (and, obviously, male)... also, I shall remove them from my MSN contacts if any of them are in it.

In fact, gime the name, location and date of the next big Brawl tournament in Italy. I'd show up just to f*** with people, 'cause I don't even play Brawl. "And it would be awesome!"
Shut up, lol :laugh:

TheMeant

Smash Rookie
I'm italian, so I think I should reply.

We don't want to ban MK because he is cheap or wins too much or what, but because he is too much used. In fact, MK is the least risky character for tourneys basing on his matchups; this means a lot of people just abuses him. And since nobody likes tourneys where only one character is used, we WANT (it's not even official) to ban him TEMPORARILY, to give other characters a chance to get improved.

I also can't understand this italian people blaming: many of us don't want him banned, while other ones want. And even if they want to ban him, why blaming them? Seriously, we are blaming A WHOLE COUNTRY because someone there wants to ban a videogame's character.

Wow.

(Dax and Seretur said nothing about this, btw: Dax is busy with some things, Seretur doesn't play brawl at all)

And seriously, STOP saying that ALL italians agree. We don't. We absolutely don't.

TheMeant

Smash Rookie
Meta Knight's Italian Ban

I want to clarify some things.

Some time ago, Malva posted his own tier list in the italian board, and in that post he said he considered Meta Knight too strong, so he put him as "God Tier". After that, he created a poll, where he asked people if they wanted, or they didn't, to ban meta knight from italian tourneys, since "actual metagame is bad, because everyone uses Meta Knights in tourneys". If there were enough "Yes", Meta Knight would have been TEMPORARILY banned from tourneys, to let other characters grow up as well.

Aldwyn, then, started to say "no, it's wrong, people plays MK also because they like him, and you should never ban a character"; some decided to support him by voting "No", while others kept agreeing with Malva. There wasn't any flame about this.

Now, I can't seriously understand why Aldwyn created a thread HERE stating that "Meta Knight got officially banned" even if 1) he didn't 2) if he did, that would be TEMPORARY BAN. And, most important, I can't understand why Aldwyn, to appear like a "good" guy and a tough one, offended his own country thinking that since he is Melee's best italian players, he can judge everyone else and decide instead of them.

When I, and all other italian people, bought Brawl, we also wanted to play with good international players, since Brawl has got a WFC that works badly, but it works, and that's what matters. Why, for a choice SOME of us (and that's not ALL of us, this makes it even worse) made, the whole italian community should get blamed and laughed at? Why we deserve to be hated just for that, and just because a man who wanted to appear cool whined on a board that he said many times he hates since he considers Smashboards full of n00bs? (that's what he said)

I can't seriously understand why a lot of people here just thinks we are **** because some of us wanted to ban a character. Even if they were wrong, why you should blame them? Community means friendship, not "hateship". Would you like if one day your country gets laughed at by everyone because some of the people from your same country said that they want to ban Meta Knight from tourneys? I doubt you do.

I would just like this **** to finish, seriously. I hope someone will understand what I said.

DarkRoy

(@Ald: at the end, you showed up as what you are: a little miserable pile of ****. I'm sorry, but you deserve this.)

Amide

Smash Lord
Yeah... Another "Should MK be banned" thread wasn't really needed. And not in that taste. But I agree with Italy's decision.

TheMeant

Smash Rookie
Yeah... Another "Should MK be banned" thread wasn't really needed. And not in that taste. But I agree with Italy's decision.
I know it wasn't needed, and I'm sorry for that; but I just hate that my country gets blamed for such a stupid thing.

Amide

Smash Lord
I know it wasn't needed, and I'm sorry for that; but I just hate that my country gets blamed for such a stupid thing.
No, I'm talking about the one in the MK forum where he was mad at his country.

Darkscyther

Smash Cadet
Lol let me just add something: a lot of people here showed how intelligent they are by blaming a WHOLE country because they have different ideas.
Nice job.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Banning a character

This is going to far on bans, the character is better then every other character, so what do you guys wanna go and do? BAN HIM

Now after MK your gonna have Snake as the best character or smething, CAUSE'S HE'S BETTER THEN EVERYONE, LETS BAN HIM

This goes till bottom tier where no one cares anymore and lifts all the bans cause they notice how stupid they are
Take away IC's chaingrabs in Brawl and they will have nothing rofl.
Lets ban fox in melee too.

Better yet, lets ban oxygen for those people ******** enough to suggest banning a character.
Whats funny is that italian males eventually become small short round bald things, resembling Meta Knight. And yet they ban their true king.
could you repeat that? can't understand you through your crooked teeth.
Lol let me just add something: a lot of people here showed how intelligent they are by blaming a WHOLE country because they have different ideas.
Nice job.
This stupid topic in a nut shell.

Bordering on the edge of discrimination, stereotypes, generalisation, USA > Anywhere that's not USA, stupidity and one guy at the end who speaks some sense.

Well done smashboards, Italians aren't laughing.

Close this topic please.

Mada90

Smash Apprentice
IT'S NOT OFFICIAL.
We are talking about it,and we opened a POPULARITY poll,not an official one.
I'm surprised about Aldwyn actually,attacking us this way whitout even knowing what is going on.

BTW,gratz for your comments,this thread is full of jerks.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Many of the people posting here aren't American. Although some of the comments were fairly childish, I don't think this is bordering on discrimination. If you think things were taken too far, feel free to report the specific posts so I can have a look at them. PM'ing me or whatever is an option as well.

The Italians so far haven't really defended their stance on Meta Knight in a proper manner. Banning a character because he is used a lot is worse than banning a character because he seems broken. I understand what you're trying to say and MK is being discussed a lot, but doing something so drastic without actual tournament experience isn't going to help your community. Although, if EVERYONE agrees, no one can stop that. But apparently, not everyone agrees.

It's hard not to generalise when you only get one person's (Aldwyn) point of view. He's a trustworthy source IMO, but I'd appreciate it if more Italians were to actually take a stance and debate.

Darkscyther

Smash Cadet
The Italians so far haven't really defended their stance on Meta Knight in a proper manner. Banning a character because he is used a lot is worse than banning a character because he seems broken. I understand what you're trying to say and MK is being discussed a lot, but doing something so drastic without actual tournament experience isn't going to help your community. Although, if EVERYONE agrees, no one can stop that. But apparently, not everyone agrees.
Well, actually everyone has a different opinion on MK and wants/doesen't want to ban him for that. Someone said it's used too much, someone said he seems broken, and so on. We are playing since the Japanese release and we are keeping track of the winning ratio of MK and from our (mine and someone else's) point of view he IS broken.
Moreover, as someone said, that's just a poll to check the community's opinions about a possible ban, that's it. In the end it's the hoster's choice to ban him or not from his/her tournament.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I don't think there is a single MK in the top end of the UK brawl scene.

Our metagame owns.
Lol thats because if they do, they will probably get a lot of hate because of it. Gotta love it.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
There isn't any restriction (hard ban or soft ban) on MK usage in the Netherlands. He hasn't done very well so far, worse than the other top tiers actually.

Top Bottom