• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To the Italians...

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is my response to this:
I invite any Italian supporting the ban to contact me either through PM:s here on SWF or through MSN. He shall then have to present his case for why Meta-Knight should be banned and I shall then proceed to give him a well-deserved verbal thrashing (full of facts to support why he's an idiot and a Scrub).

Also, we had a thread on this. It raged on for quite a while. Not surprisingly, when it died, not a single of the things I'd said at the start of the thread had been refuted.

Bring it on, Italy.

As a side note, Aldwyn, which Italians that I've actually met support this ban? Give me their names so I can hunt them down at the next tournament we're both at and ***** slap them... and possibly grope them if they're good-looking (and, obviously, male)... also, I shall remove them from my MSN contacts if any of them are in it.

In fact, gime the name, location and date of the next big Brawl tournament in Italy. I'd show up just to f*** with people, 'cause I don't even play Brawl. "And it would be awesome!"

Muzga

Smash Ace
Im just curious, why are you so adamant about getting a character banned from a game you dont play?

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
I don't think the players would bother discussing this with anyone else outside the Italian community, but I still appreciate the interest everyone showed in the "MK ban" topic. Anyway, a poll was opened to take the decision and the results were of 22 agreements and 11 disagreements. Apart from me no one of the good players in Italy voted no to the ban. Dax and Seretur didn't show up on the poll but expressed their agreement to the ban, with my great surprise. Chor and Bisis completely stopped playing both Melee and Brawl, therefore didn't bother at all. Other players who were average at Melee and are now the Italian top/high players voted yes. I didn't start this to have MK unbanned, I believe every community should be free to develop on its own. What I want to figure out is if the Italian players became so noobish they now need to ban a character after 2 months of relase or not. I personally have this feeling and I've never been so much disappointed in my own community. However I also have to admit I haven't played brawl competitively so I can't judge this seriously either. Therefore I'm asking the boards..

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
adamant banned
No my Garchomp. :/

Also, it's a pretty stupid thing to do for Italians. You hardly see them here in regionals anyway and a lot of Italians complain about the lack of people to play against. If they're not gonna use Metaknight going to international tournaments will be a bigger step, since they're bound to run into some. So yeah can only harm your community imo.

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace

Also, it's a pretty stupid thing to do for Italians. You hardly see them here in regionals anyway and a lot of Italians complain about the lack of people to play against. If they're not gonna use Metaknight going to international tournaments will be a bigger step, since they're bound to run into some. So yeah can only harm your community imo.
if there are Italians complaining about the absence of opponents, chances are they don't know about our community yet.. many people started to play smash as Brawl came out.. just in case.. link them to www.ssbm.it and they'll find their opponents..

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Im just curious, why are you so adamant about getting a character banned from a game you dont play?
I'm sorry, did you read the OP? Also, I do play Brawl. What I meant was that I don't care much about Brawl and don't play it much. Sorry for the confusion.

Dax and Seretur didn't show up on the poll but expressed their agreement to the ban, with my great surprise.
Dax is so *****. He's kinda cute in a geeky way, IIRC. So he's *****.

I didn't start this to have MK unbanned, I believe every community should be free to develop on its own. What I want to figure out is if the Italian players became so noobish they now need to ban a character after 2 months of relase or not. I personally have this feeling and I've never been so much disappointed in my own community. However I also have to admit I haven't played brawl competitively so I can't judge this seriously either. Therefore I'm asking the boards..
The top players with insight into Competitive Smash and Competitive gaming all agree on either one of two things:
* It's too early
* Only an idiot and/or a scrub would want to ban MK

Wait... I wasn't aware of that Europe had big international Brawl tournaments... or do you mean Melee tournaments with Brawl on the side?

Tero.

Smash Champion
Wow this thread is too funny ...
and banning MK is like ... ridiculous ... and i'm pretty suprised dax and seretur agreed to something like that ... hmm
but nvm ... just my 2 cents .

hmm lol go go yuna

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I already discussed this with Aldwyn, but that didn't help much apparently.

There's lots of talk about MK being banned, but the consensus in the SBR is that it's too early to do something like this. He's very dominant, but not to the point where he's unbeatable. Banning a character is serious business and a last resort basically. Most match ups are in his favour, but characters like G&W, Snake and Diddy Kong do well against him. It does look like the best you can do vs him is a 50/50 match up at the moment, which is troublesome, but not banworthy IMO. It's not completely clear what would make him banworthy, but this isn't it.

Good issue to bring up, but it's really too early to discuss this now. I'll leave this open, but watch it with the spam. It'll be pretty pointless if the Italians won't defend their point of view anyway. And even if they do, it's a lost cause. T_T

Frozenwave

Smash Ace
Banning a character

This is going to far on bans, the character is better then every other character, so what do you guys wanna go and do? BAN HIM

Now after MK your gonna have Snake as the best character or smething, CAUSE'S HE'S BETTER THEN EVERYONE, LETS BAN HIM

This goes till bottom tier where no one cares anymore and lifts all the bans cause they notice how stupid they are

Mahie

Smash Lord
Banning a character

This is going to far on bans, the character is better then every other character, so what do you guys wanna go and do? BAN HIM

Now after MK your gonna have Snake as the best character or smething, CAUSE'S HE'S BETTER THEN EVERYONE, LETS BAN HIM

This goes till bottom tier where no one cares anymore and lifts all the bans cause they notice how stupid they are
Totally agreed.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
To be fair though, all other top tiers have much more bad/hard match ups than MK does. It's a bit of a slippery slope, but that's not really the issue here.

Izaw

Smash Ace
You know, Banning MK makes Snake the best character... Does that mean your going to Ban Snake eventually too?

Stupid really, you shouldn't ban MK -.-

Also Shiek/Ice climbers is more broken then MK lolz

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
if there are Italians complaining about the absence of opponents, chances are they don't know about our community yet.. many people started to play smash as Brawl came out.. just in case.. link them to www.ssbm.it and they'll find their opponents..
Yeah they obviously don't but I didn't really know what to tell them. There weren't any people listed in Shadow's sticky (there's 1 Italian now) and there aren't many here in the Regional Zones at all. I'll redirect them in the future though.

Wait... I wasn't aware of that Europe had big international Brawl tournaments... or do you mean Melee tournaments with Brawl on the side?
Both actually, there could very well be big international Brawl tourneys in the future or maybe an Italian player that just wants to go to an international 1 for once.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Both actually, there could very well be big international Brawl tourneys in the future or maybe an Italian player that just wants to go to an international 1 for once.
But we have no big international Brawl tournaments that's mainly for Brawl in Europe, at the moment. And there's no guarantee we will have any in the future either.

Muzga

Smash Ace
oh ****. sorry about that yuna, completely misubnderstoof your standpoint. (just went through 10 or so pages of the other mk banned in italy thread which i didnt initially read. sorry about that!:p

Izaw

Smash Ace
For Ice Climbers, just ban the wobble...
But please... explain how Sheik is broken?
Obviously you never played a Ftilt spamming shiek...

Try playing Fox, wolf, ganon or link against a Shiek that spams Ftilt, you cant get out untill your on 80-90 %

Also, there is no wobbling in Brawl. There's chaingrabbing from 0 to death.

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
the point is : this game sucks lol.
it never came to people's minds (except for JOKING) to ban a character in melee, which makes it a very strong argument when it comes to comparing melee to brawl for competition.

DarkRenji

Smash Journeyman
Obviously you never played a Ftilt spamming shiek...

Try playing Fox, wolf, ganon or link against a Shiek that spams Ftilt, you cant get out untill your on 80-90 %

Also, there is no wobbling in Brawl. There's chaingrabbing from 0 to death.
Yeah, that's what I meant @ IC, sort of a wobble. :p

Ok, but about Sheik. That's 4 chars, you can easily play someone else against Sheik (31 other options).

Frozenwave

Smash Ace
For Ice Climbers, just ban the wobble...
<< You cant take that IC's have godly damage chain throws? You wanna ban something? Why the hell are you guys so BAN HAPPY. Thats one out of the 3, and its H A R D to set up. You need to grab them with Nana in place to setup the chain grab. Chances are the people who whine about them, just suck so goddam hard, that they lose 3 stocks for being idiots without an idea of spacing

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Take away IC's chaingrabs in Brawl and they will have nothing rofl.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
<< You cant take that IC's have godly damage chain throws? You wanna ban something? Why the hell are you guys so BAN HAPPY. Thats one out of the 3, and its H A R D to set up. You need to grab them with Nana in place to setup the chain grab. Chances are the people who whine about them, just suck so goddam hard, that they lose 3 stocks for being idiots without an idea of spacing
Difficulty doesn't say anything. The Ice Climbers infinite in Melee was known long before Wobbles started using it in tournaments. If a technique is worth it, someone will master it. Ice Climbers are worse in Brawl than they were in Melee and have some very bad match ups, so I agree they shouldn't be banned.

As for Sheik, she really isn't that good in Brawl and I don't see how anyone can have that much of a problem with her.

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
marc, are we talking about a few months after the release or more?
also, it doesn't change the truth in what I said...
now I lol at the people who were arguing about brawl having equal characters...

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
Lets ban fox in melee too.

Better yet, lets ban oxygen for those people ******** enough to suggest banning a character.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
uh, you guys dont realise metaknight is just a kirby weight char with a sword >_> but the sword is tiny (consider how bad kirby gets ***** in melee cause of his ****ty floatyness and size? its very similar in brawl if you play rob,snake or marth or whoever) the only thing that's annoying about him is his UP+B and tornado and there's definitely ways around that if you're not stupid

IMO rob is the most disgusting char in brawl because of his tilts are so ridiculous, his n air has a stupid hitbox, his f air combos for some reason and he has items that never end and allow him to do that stupid item glitch constantly (i main him cause i don't even like brawl, i'm just abusing ****) and also a laser thats hardly reactable

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
LOL @ banning a whole character. That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

If you're gonna ban someone ban Diddy for being so ****

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
it is now.. and anyway I'd have tried with something softier rather than a ban.. like having the MK player play with 1 stock less or using handicaps.. but for some reason these choices wouldn't make any sense to the rest of the community and I don't know why.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
marc, are we talking about a few months after the release or more?
also, it doesn't change the truth in what I said...
now I lol at the people who were arguing about brawl having equal characters...
Well, let's just say MANY people were complaining about NTSC Sheik for at least the first year or so. She can chainthrow most of the cast and is one of the reasons Fox and Falco are used so much in the US. IMO we should use the way of thinking we got through playing Melee competitively rather than trying to get straight answers from it to Brawl issues though. It's common sense for any competitive fighting community not to ban a character so soon. I also think I misunderstood your point at first. ;)

it is now.. and anyway I'd have tried with something softier rather than a ban.. like having the MK player play with 1 stock less or using handicaps.. but for some reason these choices wouldn't make any sense to the rest of the community and I don't know why.
Because it doesn't solve much. If a character should be treated like that, you might as well ban it. For how long do most Italian players have the game anyway? There's quite a difference between the Japanese and the PAL release.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, that doesn't really make sense, Ald-chan.

However, what makes even less sense is that the Italian banned Meta without ever having a Brawl tournament.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Heh, I didn't know that. That makes it even more ridiculous, I agree.

Seriously though, learn to play the game first. In the first few months people where whining about Snake all the time. The amount of "hate" I got for playing him was staggering and you can easily spot the players who are behind by looking at their opinion on Snake. Snake is top tier and hard to beat in the hands of a good player, but he has several counters and bad match ups. The whole MK issue should be given some more time, until we can say everything has been tried.

Because of all this I've picked MK up recently and will probably be using him in tournaments. I'm looking forward to seeing what people will come up with against him.

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
Well, let's just say MANY people were complaining about NTSC Sheik for at least the first year or so. She can chainthrow most of the cast and is one of the reasons Fox and Falco are used so much in the US. IMO we should use the way of thinking we got through playing Melee competitively rather than trying to get straight answers from it to Brawl issues though. It's common sense for any competitive fighting community not to ban a character so soon. I also think I misunderstood your point at first. ;)

Because it doesn't solve much. If a character should be treated like that, you might as well ban it. For how long do most Italian players have the game anyway? There's quite a difference between the Japanese and the PAL release.
most of them since July.. Dax and a few others since the japanese relase..

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
Whats funny is that italian males eventually become small short round bald things, resembling Meta Knight. And yet they ban their true king.

Top Bottom