• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To get you up to speed

Almas

Smash Lord
The current people who can access this room are:
Hackers: Myself, spunit262, paprika killer, Igglyboo.
Players: MookieRah, shanus, leafgreen386, Dark Sonic, KishPrime, KishSquared, ChiboSempai, The Cape, kupo15, Joshu, Osi.
Awaiting invitation: Foxy, Kaotical, Nakamaru.

The current things we CAN MODIFY with codes:
Modify gravity 'upwards' and 'downwards' separately. Upwards gravity is defined as any upwards vertical motion caused by the player (jumping, up+bs), downwards gravity is any downwards vertical motion, or any forced vertical motion (e.g. knockback).
Modify gravity (up and down together) specifically for one character. This is still in initial phases, so the full extent is unknown. It can, however, almost certainly be used to decrease gravity during an Up+B, increasing distance travelled.
Modify downwards gravity for a single character, as well as short hop height, dash speed, fast fall speed, ledgehop height, full hop/second hop height.
Change Shieldstun - call shieldstun 's', we can apply it to the function (Xs+Y)/Z, for XYZ integers.
Change Hitlag - by the same method as listed above.
Change Hitstun
Freeze the motion/effects of certain stages
Change the damage+knockback reduction of the stale move penalty
Shield degen in shield/regen out of shield/damage dealt to shield

The things we will PROBABLY BE ABLE TO MODIFY with codes:
Speed of motion in the air
Knockback of a specific move by a specific ratio (if we are lucky, we can modify both base knockback and knockback growth)
Damage of a move

Game mechanics that will probably be altered:
Aerial momentum transferred into jumps, more or less identical to Melee's system.

I almost certainly missed something.

KishSquared

Smash Master
So when discussing codes, are we to ask you three hackers if a certain idea is possible? Or will you be taking it to a larger group of hackers or something?

Almas

Smash Lord
Apart from us three, there's only really Igglyboo and Phantom Wings. PW is probably the most skilled coder around, and is kind enough to handle one of our codes every month or so, but generally holds no interest in the B+ project. Igglyboo is more or less completely apathetic to the project (no offense to him, he's a great hacker, just not useful to us).

So yeah, we'd probably end up having to find if it's possible or not. That said, it can be somewhat hard to know at times. We thought C-stick fastfalling was something completely impossible to remove, and it ended up being an extremely simple code.

I assume you're talking about warp distance here, and I don't know about that.

The Cape

Smash Master
Almas, you make me sad. I am not on that list :(

As for the list that you made, its good to have that list sitting there so people know if something can be altered or changed before they start throwing suggestions around.

D

Deleted member

iggly is more into camera hacking and I heard he is doing skins and 7-player matches with PW, but thoses are still very beta.
of the three I can say I'm probably the least skilled coder, mostly because I lose a lot of time into porting codes to PAL region.

almost anything is possible, but the question is if we want to spend so much time and line space on some things. some things turn out to be very easy/short, as has been shown multiple times.

Almas

Smash Lord
Almas, you make me sad. I am not on that list :(
What? Lies!

Paprika, while you're here, you could save me 10 minutes by answering a quick question for me. In the place where hitstun was stored (and now also SH etc. is), is there 10-20 lines free BEFORE there? I forget if the huge void of free lines starts or ends with the hitstun.

KishSquared

Smash Master
iggly is more into camera hacking and I heard he is doing skins and 7-player matches with PW, but thoses are still very beta.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!??? This excited me far more than anything else. I seriously spent a LOT of time trying to do 6p Melee.

If this code comes out, I'm hosting a 3v3 tournament.

D

Deleted member

What? Lies!

Paprika, while you're here, you could save me 10 minutes by answering a quick question for me. In the place where hitstun was stored (and now also SH etc. is), is there 10-20 lines free BEFORE there? I forget if the huge void of free lines starts or ends with the hitstun.
if I'm not mistaken hitstun is right in the middle of it, but right now we are writing hitstun to it's original location, so that one doesn't count.
let me check in a second if it really is empty out there

D

Deleted member

just checked, you have like 10 PAGES of empty space there

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Does 7P Brawl have any slowdown or frame dropping?

Also, try to get 6P Melee with action replay...lol.

Almas

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if they have 7P brawl operational yet. They tend to be secretive about their work until it's finally complete. They did post a video of a 6P brawl, but glitchy and featureless (some of the characters were alloys, and there was no way to choose your character without using a USB gecko).

They have said in the final product people will be able to choose character, though. 3v3 Brawl would be interesting, and definitely garner a lot of interest in the B+ project.

Thanks, paprika.

Igglyboo

Smash Cadet
7P is not operational yet, and still has to be done manually with a USB gecko.
It's really buggy atm and I can't get more than 5 characters(not alloys).

Top Bottom