• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To clear things up

RolexPachinko

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, Rolex here and i would just like to say that I'm the best Snake in the world and have the results and tournament videos to prove it. I have been playing this game competitively for about a year now and have been steadily improving after every tournament. My most recent tournament performance as most people know is placing 4th at the largest pm tourny ever, Apex, dropping sets only to m2k. I obviously do not frequent this site very often, but i decided to today due to the fact that-

Professor Pro has made numerous comments that i am bad or beneath him at this game which is weird to me because the only thing i have seen from him are a few videos of him mostly playing friendlies with someone who couldn't succeed in making it out of pools (Jolteon). From these videos he is obviously a talented player, but unfortunately for him performing well in friendlies does not mean much when compared to actual tournament results. Streaming friendlies and posting thousands of comments in snake guides on smashboards also unfortunately for Professor Pro do not make him the better player. And alas even being in the Project M backroom for snake and being able to play-test months before changes occur does not, unfortunately for Professor Pro, make him the better player. Until he accomplishes anything near my apex or other tourny results i don't see how this "debate" on who is the best snake can continue.

I will continue going to tournaments and performing well and I'm sure he will continue posting on smashboards that he's better than me, but at the end of the day only 1 of us is getting tournament wins, advancing the metagame, looking sexy and making a name for himself without 10000 comments on this website.....(me)........tranq sucks.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL nice post and thank you for tagging me Eli, glad you responded to my callout and made a thread actually dedicated to me <3

Living in the US automatically allows you to have tourney results and claim you're the best, but from what I've seen makes me facepalm from you and your opponents, especially in the Apex Top 8 matches.
Are you going to make the next Major US event with Melee and PM, I'm looking to make it and obviously exposing you is a must.
I heard you dont travel out of state and waiting 1 year until the next Apex is long.

Matty89

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hydra89
This will be so pleasing to watch, I would pay great amounts of money for this. #theBritisharecoming

Xethos

Smash Cadet
Tbh, i see you two as equals :|

However, I think we would all like to see a grudge match some time in the future! GRUDGE MATCH! GRUDGE MATCH! GRUDGE MATCH!

RolexPachinko

Smash Rookie
A year without leaving the state and still be so sure about winning?
Im pretty sure the one making bold claims about easily winning without traveling or doing jack tournament wise is ProfPro, not me.
from what I've seen makes me facepalm from you and your opponents, especially in the Apex Top 8 matches.
These condescending lines also amuse me since you seem to be putting down not only me but the great opponents i faced in the top 8 of the hardest pm tourny to date. So many members of the community must be beneath you and your many accomplishments, i mean you have taken down so many great names.........

I am not 100% sure yet on my attendance to any future majors except for Apex 2015. Apex was such a fun experience and i encourage all to go if you have the chance.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I am here to confirm that Rolex does indeed look sexy at tournaments.

Mmm

ScaryPixel

Smash Cadet
Waiting for the Rolex vs Professor Pro $100 money match thread now.

My money is on the Chinese food fiend.

sinth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sinth_technique
Switch FC
SW-6875-3919-6957
A year, a few days, either way Rolex gonna get wrecked.

Xethos

Smash Cadet
Im sorry Rolex, i love you, but i have to admit that I would choose prof over you. Just by watching him play he seems... better.

I really do enjoy watching your matches, but prof is still the better player by a tad bit.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Oh man, I knew this was coming ever since I spoke to you at apex, Rolex. (this is 'Cool English TO guy', if you forgot my smash-tag)

Both of you are two incredibly high level players for snake, both of you being a living, breathing hype-machine for Project:M just by maining a mid-tier level character. However there's the inherent issue of getting you two to attend a tournament together. I don't know how often Rolex travels, But Prof Pro is practically infamous for NOT travelling, whether it's to do with money or otherwise.

Obviously at this exact point in time, Rolex looks like the clear victor. He came 4th at apex while Prof's usual training partner (Jolteon) didn't get out of pools. I was watching Jolteons pool matches though (because we UK folks gotta stick together) and I don't think i've seen him play worse. Errors (likely caused by nerves) plagued his game that day. Fuzzy is worse than Jolteon at P:M, yet went much further. This sounds like a convuluted, 3rd-party john, but the point still stands.

Regardless, Being a guy who knows both of you, Here's what I propose to both of you. We get Prof Pro to america, and then...

APEX 2015
$100 MONEY MATCH
ROLEX
VS.
PROFESSOR PRO
The hype is oh so real, ladies and gentlemen!

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
I'd MM Rolex for $100 people just don't play the match right. Even match I watched people were randomly walking into mines and people weren't adapting to new things.

Prof would WRECK you Rolex!

You cant compare Jolteons Apex performance to Profs skill considering He 4stocks him a fair amount too. He beat Armada in a set and admited Prof is the most difficult person he has played against in PM.

Prof, go to America

Rolex come to B.E.A.S.T and stop being scared of reality.

NiPPs

Smash Cadet
Oh man, I knew this was coming ever since I spoke to you at apex, Rolex. (this is 'Cool English TO guy', if you forgot my smash-tag)

Both of you are two incredibly high level players for snake, both of you being a living, breathing hype-machine for Project:M just by maining a mid-tier level character. However there's the inherent issue of getting you two to attend a tournament together. I don't know how often Rolex travels, But Prof Pro is practically infamous for NOT travelling, whether it's to do with money or otherwise.

Obviously at this exact point in time, Rolex looks like the clear victor. He came 4th at apex while Prof's usual training partner (Jolteon) didn't get out of pools. I was watching Jolteons pool matches though (because we UK folks gotta stick together) and I don't think i've seen him play worse. Errors (likely caused by nerves) plagued his game that day. Fuzzy is worse than Jolteon at P:M, yet went much further. This sounds like a convuluted, 3rd-party john, but the point still stands.

Regardless, Being a guy who knows both of you, Here's what I propose to both of you. We get Prof Pro to america, and then...

APEX 2015
$100 MONEY MATCH
ROLEX
VS.
PROFESSOR PRO
The hype is oh so real, ladies and gentlemen!
Quick shout out to you man. One of the few people who remained patient and endured the madness without losing their cool. Best T.O or t o assistant ever.

So Rolex is scared of reality but has proven to be a better snake with actual results not just here say and quotes like "I beat this guy" or "this guys says I'm better because.." Pretty sure results proves a better point than the European fan boys that ride pro because he can style in friendlies like any other top notch player.. Just saying actions(results) speak louder than a European with thousands of posts on smash boards dictating he's the best with no proof other than word of mouth :/

Armada

Smash Lord
before you say anything

didnt prof beat armada in a set?

have you beat armada in a set in pm?

ok good day sir

this thread reminds me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INX_esmoTJ0
I really don't understand this rumour :p
We played friendlies

I won the first two, later on (a few hours later in the middle of the night) Proffesor Pro won with 4-2.
It was no counterpicks or anything. So the actuall score was 4-4 in FRIENDLIS

But this was JUST friendlis. Kinda silly if you can't play without being 100% at all times, I was on my way to EVO and stopped by before my next flight.
Professor Pro is mad good and I actually think he would have made at least top 3 at Apex 2014.

At Beast me and Professor Pro will most likely play vs each other. If he beat me then he can claim he is better than me/took a set. Until that happens neither one of us have been "winning" or losing vs each other.

I still wanna have my "undefeated in a PM set" so I do not plan on dropping a set at Beast ;)

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Quick shout out to you man. One of the few people who remained patient and endured the madness without losing their cool. Best T.O or t o assistant ever.

So Rolex is scared of reality but has proven to be a better snake with actual results not just here say and quotes like "I beat this guy" or "this guys says I'm better because.." Pretty sure results proves a better point than the European fan boys that ride pro because he can style in friendlies like any other top notch player.. Just saying actions(results) speak louder than a European with thousands of posts on smash boards dictating he's the best with no proof other than word of mouth :/
USA fanboys ride Rolex... Same thing you wasted guys said about Armada

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Thank you. make sure to tell Alex strife this fact. so he can get me over to run the rest of his things, and I can visit america more often! :D

Another thing thats important to take into account:
Rolex lost to only one person throughout the entire tournament. both of his losses came at the hands of M2K.

Top Bottom