• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To be 100% sure your getting Brawl on the 9th, what time are..

eodeth

Smash Apprentice
EB Games is Gamestop.
... no its not

[/on topic] im just worried about not getting it cuz i dont have a ride [im not 15 yet...] but i preordered it so im in the clear and the best part is after i get it there is a week of no school =D so to all not getting it ... i feel sorry also there isnt a tourney at my local gamestop [where i preordered] so no midnight lauch for me D=

IKExFALCO

Smash Rookie
one noob question

how come people who reserve the game come extra early cant you come at anytime on the 9th and still get it

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
... no its not

[/on topic] im just worried about not getting it cuz i dont have a ride [im not 15 yet...] but i preordered it so im in the clear and the best part is after i get it there is a week of no school =D so to all not getting it ... i feel sorry also there isnt a tourney at my local gamestop [where i preordered] so no midnight lauch for me D=
Actually, they merged into one company a while back. I know... it's dumb. God-****ed Capitalism destroyin' everything I create! ... *ahem* :laugh:

But, yeah. I'm going to be at GS early with my Wii, some controllers, a TV, and a copy of Melee. I'm planning on playing people up until the tourney starts. ^_^

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
one noob question

how come people who reserve the game come extra early cant you come at anytime on the 9th and still get it
Thats not always the case with reserves. Sometime gaming stores screw up or do something ignorant and by some fluke, those who reserved still don't get a copy. I would know. Lol. As a reserver, I'd want to get my copy as quick as possible or have another one resevred to avoid these kinds of problems, because you never know when they'll arrive.

XACE-K

Smash Master
The time the mall near me opens up because I reserved Brawl at the Gamestop in there.

Hong

The Strongest
Whenever. Since I already payed for it then there's no legal reason for them not to give it to me as long as I show up in 48 hours.

IKExFALCO

Smash Rookie
Thats not always the case with reserves. Sometime gaming stores screw up or do something ignorant and by some fluke, those who reserved still don't get a copy. I would know. Lol. As a reserver, I'd want to get my copy as quick as possible or have another one resevred to avoid these kinds of problems, because you never know when they'll arrive.
i reserved at gamecrazy am pretty sure they'll give me my copy when i need it right?
my moms pretty trippy so i wont be getting brawl until around 7 or 8 am
boy o boy i cant wait for this game

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
The time the mall near me opens up because I reserved Brawl at the Gamestop in there.
For me, I was thinking about reserving at a mall Gamestop, but I knew I'd have better chance avoiding a larger crowd if I use the Gamestop near my home no one knows about. If the one some 4 -5 minutes drive from my home had to cut pre-orders off, imagine how it is at the mall of Louisiana were you sometimes have to drive around 5-10 minutes for a decent parking space.

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
haha your worried? i have pre-ordered and brawl still dos'nt have a relese date[that i know of]so i will have to talk to my eb about it.

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
i reserved at gamecrazy am pretty sure they'll give me my copy when i need it right?
my moms pretty trippy so i wont be getting brawl until around 7 or 8 am
boy o boy i cant wait for this game
I think you don't have to much to worry about, you're more likely to get a copy reserving one than not obtaining one with a reserve. You just have to be wary of those instances sometimes where they don't supply, especially if your particular store is located in a heavily populated area. And like has been stated, those who'll wake up for midnight are probably less than those who'll come to retrieve it during the day,especially with folks needing to prepare for Church 3-5 hours later, and the parents of those in the younger age group forbidding them to attend the midnight release. I plan to go around 6-8 am as well. =)

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
Why does it feel like everyone lives near a Gamestop? They're one of the few stores I hear about constantly. I live near stores like Wal-Mart and EB Games.
Yeah, me too. I'm just going to go when EB Games phones me to let me know it's in.

Undyingz

Smash Rookie
Seeing as my ebgames opens at 12:00pm because its inside a mall, ill probably be in line the moment the mall opens at like 10 lol

IKExFALCO

Smash Rookie
theres over 5 game stores around my area so i know i'll be getting brawl that day no matter what

SirChubbs

Smash Rookie
So I thought i was goin 2 get brawl fer sure on the 9th seeing how a gamestop just opened up 5 min away from me that no1 knows about, and there being another one 15 min away doing a midnight launch. And then there was a buttload of stores all having brawl...But looks like i might have to wait a bit -.-, cuz my parents want to file taxes that day. -.-

David94

Smash Rookie
Ok, since I can't go to my Gamestop at midnight because it's in a mall and the mall would be closed at midnight, and the Gamestop opens at 11 AM, it depends if i'm walking or getting a ride. We don't have our car so we're borrowing someone's truck, and my mom doesn't like to drive the truck. My dad is the one who is willing to drive the truck, and he works night shift. I'd be lucky to get him awake by 3 PM. I'm considering getting a ride from my best friend's parents, which in this case I'd try to get him to take me by 10:45 ish, since my Gamestop is about one and a half miles from my house. (He's looking forward to Brawl almost as much as I am even though he doesn't have a Wii and plans to play it at my house, no problems here.) Second alternative, I walk. (Yes I want Brawl so bad that I would walk a mile and a half.) If I have to walk, I'd leave maybe 10:20 ish.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Seeing as there is no midnight release event OR tournament at my Gamestop (the one of the two in Keene that doesn't...) I'll be leaving my dorm about 9:30 am or 10 am to get to my store for opening at 11 am, when they have promised me the games will be on the shelves.

rootsofjustice

Smash Rookie
Well, I don't live in a very densly populated area, but unfortunately, my local Gamestop is right on the highway by a Target. And if that's not a massive bull's eye, I don't know what is. I don't know if a tournament will be held, but I'll be there about 11-11:30 to pick up brawl at midnight.

Hutsetsugen!

Smash Apprentice
Reservations are pointless...

Well, that is, unless you're a Gamestop/EB patron. *cough*buncha******cough*
There's a play-n-trade about two minutes from my house, they'll have Brawl, so there's no need for pre-orders.

naevorc

Smash Apprentice
Good thing my last pastor stole money from a bank and from the church itself, because thats the only reason my parents don't force me attend Church anymore, fortunately. Cruising the streets when everyone else is at Church (including my parents) is a wonderful thing.

In any case, I think you will get the game, I mean a reserved copy is supposed to mean you're guaranteed a copy. I think you're pondering to much on the worst case scenario instead of the good, more probable scenario..
wow what a horrible pastor...

but uh, im just going to gamestop at like 8 sunday morning. with luck.

WiiRevolution1

Smash Cadet
Well my GameStop does'nt open till 9:00AM :(

But I'm thinking of leaving at like 2:00AM and getting in line.....I'mjust so worried that I won't be able to get NA Brawl....

Antinegative

Smash Apprentice
I live in a small town that for some reason has a super walmart in it...so I didn't actually pre-order. I'm pretty confident I can get a copy at my leisure.

On another note, the game is almost here and I am flipping out.

rklamer

Smash Cadet
I'm going to be playing Brawl at my Gamestop all day on the eigth to get ready for the tournament. I get a free copy of Brawl when I win it, so I don't have to worry about anything.

"When you win it"? Someone's confident. >__> To answer the question, though, I will be showing up at 9pm. I need to call my local GS again tomorrow to see how many preorders they have, and how many they're expecting. I'll divide the amount of preorders they claim to have in half to get the exact amount.

Hutsetsugen!

Smash Apprentice
I live in a small town that for some reason has a super walmart in it...so I didn't actually pre-order. I'm pretty confident I can get a copy at my leisure.

On another note, the game is almost here and I am flipping out.
I know right.
8/7 more days left.
Let's all flip out!

drgarrison

Smash Rookie
My GameCity 360 doesn't open up till 12 in the afternoon so I will be leaving at 11:30 and I already reserved the game!

Top Bottom