• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To be 100% sure your getting Brawl on the 9th, what time are..

Reckoning A16

Smash Apprentice
You leaving for Gamestop or whichever place you have it reserved? Honestly I am thinking 6pm at earliest, and 8pm at latest. Me and two of my friends will be playing melee until we have to leave, and I am a little worried that somehow I wont be able to get my hands on Brawl at midnight even though I have it reserved.

But ya wanted to know when you all are going to be in front of Gamestop/whichever place so I can get a better Idea of when to leave.

Kr3w

Smash Journeyman
well at my gamestop theres a poster that says. "The line starts at 10:00pm" so...I'm leaving at 10

Spellman

Smash Ace
Why does it feel like everyone lives near a Gamestop? They're one of the few stores I hear about constantly. I live near stores like Wal-Mart and EB Games.

billywill

Smash Journeyman
ugh i have a horrible feeling i won't be getting Brawl even though i reserved it...cause i have to go to church that day :(

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to be playing Brawl at my Gamestop all day on the eigth to get ready for the tournament. I get a free copy of Brawl when I win it, so I don't have to worry about anything.

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
6:30 AM, possibly earlier. Have it with me at college all day so I can drool on it.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Honestly, I'm leaving for gamestop when the tournament starts. That way me and my friends/roomies will have something to do while we're waiting for gamestop to be allowed to give us the game.

Magical Samurai

Smash Cadet
Well, unfortunately I reserved at Circuit City, which doesn't open until 10AM, so I think I'll head out at 9 or 9:30, already have a Reserve placed.

-Magical Samurai

B0NK

Smash Lord
Well since I have it pre-ordered at Gamecrazy, I can come back the next day and still get it. (Not that I will, I'm getting it at the midnight launch). Gamecrazy always gets the amount of pre-orders in stock so I'm sure I won't have a problem getting the game.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
My father is picking it up in my hometown for me (not where I am now) and stores there are not allowed to open before noon on Sundays...so I'll ask him to go around 12:30-1:00ish. It's pre-bought, so it should be there!

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
ugh i have a horrible feeling i won't be getting Brawl even though i reserved it...cause i have to go to church that day :(
Good thing my last pastor stole money from a bank and from the church itself, because thats the only reason my parents don't force me attend Church anymore, fortunately. Cruising the streets when everyone else is at Church (including my parents) is a wonderful thing.

In any case, I think you will get the game, I mean a reserved copy is supposed to mean you're guaranteed a copy. I think you're pondering to much on the worst case scenario instead of the good, more probable scenario..

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
no way lol i have to go to church, too. But hey, we all (or hopefully did) reserved a copy of Brawl so it means that we're going to get it...Japan had their problem cuz' they pushed their release date only a week. Also, when Diamond/Pearl was coming out, I was paranoid, too about not getting it, but stores state that they have all the copies present for the people with reservations, and like around ten extra for non-reserverers who want the game... Billywill, when does your church end or the time you're going to go purchase SSBB, my church ends at about 11:00-ish. So i'll probably get my copy at 11:30. Either way people, don't make a big deal about it.

Grodus5

Smash Rookie
I'll be playing in the Gamestop tournament, so I'll just hang out after the tourny, bring my DS and Mario Kart and hopefully face some people waiting in line as well.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
I didn't reserve it, I'm goin to a farewell melee tourney on the 8th, and they said they have at least 50 copies which will be unreserved, enough for everyone in attendence, the sale starts at 12:00 AM, 3 hours after the tourney ends, also first place gets copy free. SO technically I'm leaving for brawl at 10:00 AM, and getting it midnight.

Shweex

Smash Cadet
I have mine reserved at a Gamestop about 2 and a half miles from my house, so I'll probably be leaving my house with a group of friends at about 10:00-10:30 PM to wait in line for the midnight release.

DarkIce

Smash Rookie
I wont actually get the game until the 19th :( Do you guys think ill still have to worry about it being in stock?

ARX-7 Arbalest

Smash Journeyman
Temple Hills, Maryland or University of MD, Baltim
um i didnt preorder cuz for one thing there's a circuit city like 5 minutes from my house
as far as i kno, circuit city isnt doing a midnight release so ill just head up there around 9:30 or 9:45 an get it as soon as it opens

if not then, i have a friend who works at gamestop an while i wont ask him to get me a copy early (but if he does lol, great), ill just ask him to buy me a copy

there's a circuit city and a kmart like 5 minutes away from me, a wal-mart like 20 minutes away so im pretty set

not like when i got my wii from them lol, i got there like 2 hours early before they opened at 10am an stood in line in the cold

Shweex

Smash Cadet
I'm going to be playing Brawl at my Gamestop all day on the eigth to get ready for the tournament. I get a free copy of Brawl when I win it, so I don't have to worry about anything.
Arrogant much?

1. You aren't going to be the only one at Gamestop all day trying to get in Brawl time. I'd say at the very least you'll be alternating in ~10-15 minimum people depending on how popular Smash is in your area.
2. If you don't attend tourneys regularly and have never played Brawl before, there is about a 99% chance you won't win.

Zonic100

Smash Cadet
8:30 for the tournament. Come 30 mins early for registration. :O

And screw going early on the 8th to get in "brawl time" thats gonna have to be done days before.

Biolizard28

Smash Cadet
I plan on heading out for the Gamecrazy tournament/midnight launch around, 7 earliest, 7:30 at the latest. If I don't win the prize (Which I assume is the game), I can always by it at midnight.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I may be at Walmart before midnight (hopefully). If not I have to go on Sunday afternoon, probably 1:00 or so. I doubt they would be sold out, but midnight would be nice to ensure I get it. Figure most people are going to game shops and such, and fewer at Walmart. That along with my Walmart discount make it worth it.

End Game

Smash Journeyman
Eh, my gamestop opens at 11am on the 9th. Do you guys think they will keep my pre-ordered copy of brawl until i get there? I keep having this feeling that they will give away my copy of brawl during midnight release because some bratty kid wont stop whining about how its no fair that its sold out already.

Kuroneko

Smash Apprentice
If I didn't order it online and pay for next day shipping, I'd head there around 6pm. If you reserved a copy you're almost guarenteed it, but if you didn't I'd head to other stores that don't reserve games, like Target, at 6pm. (I camped out for my Wii, I would have done it for brawl too if I didn't already order it). Also if you go that early bring a notebook of paper and a pen and hand out psuedo numbers to people to keep the peace.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
I dont' really care - I preordered from Costco.com with a gift card, and I'm going to be busy with my Industrial Design projects through the end of April, so I might even ask my wife to hide Brawl until the semester is over... we'll see though =)

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
.............................................................no comment................................................anyway, after the fact that i need to claw out my EYES!!!!, please don't be worried End Game, they call it a reservation for a reason lol :)

DayOldBagel

Smash Rookie
unfortunately, i did not preorder. i'm most likely going to show up at my local target right before it opens-around 8 AM- and if i don't get it there, then i will try walmart, best buy, and circuit city.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
my gamestops about 10 mins from my house ill porbably show up at 11:30 cuz I just want to pick up the game since I pre-ordered. Then im gonna drive back home and start playin all night long =P

Top Bottom