• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

To anyone who plays Olimar

Mercury

Smash Apprentice
Olimar is definately in the BROKEN tier of brawl. Once you start seeing vids of a good olimar you'll agree. He has too many broken tactics that he can use. Pikmin, Up air priority, whistle armor, shield grabbing range....IT GOES ON FOREVERRRRRR
i understand how to play olimar, personally i haven't seen any vid of a good olimar. pikmin is not broken at all, uair is like his only good aerial, whistle armor sucks, it's basically faster dodging without a shield but you get hurt. his grab is crazy but that's really it.

he's unbelievably easy to destroy if you just know how. he gets crushed by short hopped aerials, and when people kill his pikmin when he throws. this is why it seems unfair when MK vses olimar, because the MK player does this automatically, since his high jumps and fast sword swings make this an obvious tactic for MK regardless of the opponent.

just because you don't KNOW HOW to beat him doesn't mean you can't. it's not olimar's fault you're an idiot and haven't tried learning how to play the character yourself, and instead opt to watch his vids and say 'wow olimar *****' every time the enemy fails to do the above mentioned things.

bovineblitzkrieg

Smash Journeyman
wolf, pika, marth...

i hear it shouldnt be hard with marth, but its just spam spam spam, they get through my nairs and fairs and tilts and he just retreats and fsmashes.

with pika i can't get near him, even through the air. and the yellow pikmin immunity to electricity is brutal... the fair would be great if it weren't for that.

with wolf i just can't get near him. normally he has a great ground game but a ground approach isn't really feasible.

i suppose i'll try mk but i dont really like him. maybe pit?

any suggestions?

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
Firstly, wow Marth doesn't work?! That's a shock, IDK if you are playing him right.
Wolf is retardedly powerful, IDKY anyone would think he is gayer than Olimar.

But look if you want to pick up Pit, that's what I consider a counterpick. The frickin reflector is nuts. The charge and arrow spam is far more annoying to me and its hard to deal with.

Maybe you're not used to Marth.

Raisinbran10488

Smash Cadet
Anybody who can time their invulnerability frames good on the edge severly handicaps olimar. And as said before, keep the pressure on him. Dont be a tard and allow him to sit there and chuck pikmen at you all day.

Hes a great character when used right, but the simple fact that his recovery is sub-par means he would never be bannable.

Diver

Smash Rookie
Id advise you to find another main.

your char is receiving ban talk. and no im not joking

im not saying quit olimar but im saying u better have a backup plan

You're joking right ?
It was a nice joke.
Ha ha
Thanks for the compliment though :]

Aesir

Smash Master
I notice most of you came around in 07/08.

But basically NoJ *****es about everything just a word of advise ignore everything he says, it'll make things run smoother.

Aesir

Smash Master
<_< seriously just stop posting in this thread, it's clear he won't be banned NoJ hasn't even bothered saying why olimar should be banned. Unless something really gay was found out I don't see Olimar being banned.

Top Bottom