• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TLGD: Zange-chan Social- Toon Goons for Life

When spamming projectiles, give everything a purpose. You have 3 unique projectiles (and a Zair!), so you should be assessing each situation accordingly. How do you do that, you ask?

The easiest way is to watch them approach you from their perspective. It's like they're giving the answers away. If you know your character, their character, and how they're gonna approach, then you're pretty much set.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
we dead or what :glare:

toons going to WHOBO????

i was really trying to go but me and __X__ couldn't get our transportation situated
now i have all this money and time off from work <_<
time to go balls out!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
we dead or what :glare:

toons going to WHOBO????

i was really trying to go but me and __X__ couldn't get our transportation situated
now i have all this money and time off from work <_<
time to go balls out!

Go buy yourself some Chateau Romani and some cheap Gerudos and have yourself a nice vacation.

Hey guys, I kinda want to pick Toon Link. Any tips for a scrub? He's pretty fun!
Pick up MK, none of us actually play TL here. TL is bad.

jk. it depends on how you play. do you like camping? sword fighting or a mixture of both?

Labernash

Smash Lord
haha, I know that feel bro.

Well, I'm pretty slow paced, so maybe a mixture of both?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
haha, I know that feel bro.

Well, I'm pretty slow paced, so maybe a mixture of both?
For that I would have to say you will need to focus on your movement skills. It's important to know when to wall your opponents with projectiles and when to strike a deadly/killing blow. Primarily, you are going to be using projectiles (since you can), to rack up damage but it is also important to know how they will effect your opponent. You don't want to miss an opportunity to follow through when your projectiles give you an opening for an attack. Zair is also a good spacing and follow up tool to use.

When if comes to sword play, I don't have information for every situation but one thing you need to keep in mind (and for all characters you use), is be aware of TL's moves and their frame data. You want to use the right moves for the right situation and make sure you use the right move that comes out the quickest. You obviously don't want to dsmash a jumping opponent. You want to u-tilt them or u-smash them. Preferable u-tilt because it does KO earlier than usmash.

Don't throw a move out there with big hope it will land because most of the time, you will not land it and get punished for it.

Like mentioned before, if you use a lot of projectiles, or spam them, do it intelligently. You can hide behind a controlled spam and really put the pressure on your opponent. If they find a way to counter it, you can bait them with your spam and then punish. In my opinion of what help makes a good player is being able to bait and punish their opponent. I'm currently developing that hypothesis and so far I've been getting good results via tournament results and overall practice against friends who I used to lose to terribly.

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
Yeah it's in the tech thread as "reverse tether". If you find any uses for it then I'd be interested.
well i don't know if you guys figured this already but if you're holding a bomb and perform a reversed tether, then you can let go of it in order to fake out your opponent and throw it depending on if they're chasing on you enough to punish, depending on the % and where you are positioned you can follow up with an aerial back on stage or perform a mixup whether its an ibomb or just throwing it at their shield to stall for a setup.

I've been playing a lot of Brawl recently and I feel like I've finally leveled up as a player.

I still suck though, but this time, I suck LESS! :D

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I've been playing a lot of Brawl recently and I feel like I've finally leveled up as a player.

I still suck though, but this time, I suck LESS! :D
I challenge you to a Puerto Rican Lag Smackdown. Accept if you are brave enough.

Labernash

Smash Lord
@Bomber7 Thanks, that helped! I still got some work to do, but my Toon Link could end up prety good!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Can we get video footage of this? I'm telling you, fight of the century right here.
I can commentate if you guys want.
I should be getting 9, 2GB SD cards by this friday (to split between me and smashcon), so I can put hacks on them like infinite replay. I don't know if it will work for online matches, but I can only assume it will. When I get those in, I will record the Puerto Rican Lag Smackdown. I just hope I don't break my wii with how epic the matches will be.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I just store my hacks in a 4GB USB but thats just me really. =P
Got all my hacks and emulaters on that thing and still have free a lot of free space. :grin:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I just store my hacks in a 4GB USB but thats just me really. =P
Got all my hacks and emulaters on that thing and still have free a lot of free space. :grin:
Apparently hacks only work on 2GB and under. So yeah. Plus it's too late to back out now, the SD cards are on the way.

Sheikant I'll text you before and after I whoop Bomber's ***, so you shall not miss a thing.

Jash

Smash Lord
If I ever decide to go back to tournaments, I'm DEFINITELY ganna pick a secondary, it's not worth fighting MK anymore with TL when I know I can **** him with another character

NH Cody

Smash Champion
^ I'm doing the same thing, I realized this after playing teevee at sktar...TL can only do so much when the mk is decent at all

(Marth is still at a disadvantage but it's easier imo)

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
mk is a bad character. only a handful of people can use him at a potential where he seems broken. so if u dont live in a region with any top mk's then u dont have an excuse. just get better at the MU

NH Cody

Smash Champion
New England is absolutely stacked :(

mk is disproportionately better than all the other characters...it's like playing against Marth as Mewtwo in melee :/ you have to be infinitely better than your opponent to win.

but yeah if you're forced to fight mk you might as well have the mindset that he's a bad character I guess...

Bomber7

Smash Hero
mk is a bad character. only a handful of people can use him at a potential where he seems broken. so if u dont live in a region with any top mk's then u dont have an excuse. just get better at the MU
You do have a point. Almost everyone plays some form of MK here in LA. They aren't the best but they are still at the level where they can perform some of MK's annoying tricks that will take all three of your stocks in a heartbeat. =/

Edit: Get hype for the Puerto Rican Lag Smackdown. Just got to set a time and day. I got stuff going on next Friday and Saturday is a tournament. Maybe Saturday night if I get home early enough. We shall play it by ear.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Jash come to tournaments.

Quest i played mikeray in losers bracket at wwhobo 3 stocked em.

I placed 13th at whobo 4 lost to mvd (game 3 i got killed by a random c4 while combing him then tripped into a c4 losing my 2nd stock. Lost razer in losers game 3

Ban ps1 against snake guys.

:phone:

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Idk what that means. are you trying to degrade me or something? I've never played mikeray in tourney. I've only played him once in a one dollar MM...lol

halberd is worse

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yeah, the stream wasn't all too pleasant when I kept hearing you guy's names getting shouted out cuz y'all lost.

disappoint. better luck next tourny.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Actually it was meant to boost you kinda like a(if he did it so can i) thing, but you took offense to it so ill say something offensive. quit sucking and get good.

Halberd is easier less room for them to run.

:phone:

southpaw

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4442-0022-4229
mk is that bad of a mu lol. practice with any mk main at ur skill lvl for a month and u wont be able to win any more.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
MK's worst MU is a 50-50 with himself. MK is at the top of the food chain. Like on the Mt. Olympus of the Brawl food chain.

Edit: Puerto Rican Lag Smackdown is happening now. Twinkie has beaten me like 5 times already, I managed to snag two victories over him only because the lag wasn't bad, so I could actually do stuff. We have some matches recorded. Should be posting soon. But now, more matches.

Top Bottom