• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips to get a match

Champio30

Smash Cadet
I have never had a match in vs. anyone, I have tried many times also to do that.
Is there any tips to make the process faster or to get matches faster.

Vel

Smash Apprentice
Depends where you live - signal starts to lag beyond 300 miles out; but other than that, try waiting for about 3 min, and if no one has joined, back out (+, +/z/b/1 buttons) and then select character/stage and wait another 3 min - this typically works for me (no idea why it does tho')

It's weird, sometimes I wait for 20 min, other times I wait 1 min - if you're waiting a long time, just try logging out/back in and it will probably connect to a different (and hopefully faster) server

Slasherx

Smash Ace
Basicly get a good conection, then just wait, if its past 4min go out and check Spectator. If you find people quick then go back into basic. Anyway most noobs play team brawl.

n88

Smash Lord
I've never managed to get one either. And I don't mean a match without lag. I mean any match at all.

DennisTheKing

Smash Cadet
Basicly get a good conection, then just wait, if its past 4min go out and check Spectator. If you find people quick then go back into basic. Anyway most noobs play team brawl.
i disagree, Most noobs i play are in Basic and some are hardly there..sometimes i get a really good partner on Team brawl or im facing a really good person...but yes sometimes there are all noobs...but o well.

Champio30

Smash Cadet
Well... My Router Is In The Living Room And My Wii Is In The Basement... Should I Put the Wii Upstairs or is it ok as it is

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
I used to be able to always get matches in ~2 minutes at most. Now I can leave it on for 10 minutes or more and never get a match. My internet connection hasn't changed, and it's a pretty good one. Spectator mode still works, too. I wonder what changed.

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown
i disagree, Most noobs i play are in Basic and some are hardly there..sometimes i get a really good partner on Team brawl or im facing a really good person...but yes sometimes there are all noobs...but o well.
I disagree, Every match you join every single person you play is a noob nuff said.

Vel

Smash Apprentice
Something else I forgot to mention - it seems you can get better connections at night and whatnot; I've heard you got a good change at getting a better connection when its not peak time

brinboy789

Smash Champion
click on basicbrawl/teambattle. pick your char. pick your stage. enter practice room. leave TV on, turn volume up, do something else. when you hear the crowd cheering, that means you have a match.

Champio30

Smash Cadet
Patience is something most of us dont have.
And that is the truth
Anyways... I tried what Poke said... yet with no patience.
I left it on and went to the CP.
And then, I went back downstairs, and it disconnected me from the server.
I tried again, same thing happened.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
i think if you follow as many of the suggestions as you can in the lag alleviation thread it'll ultimately help you in connecting to a basic brawl. Anytime i have my Wii at my parents place or somewhere else and i'm using just any ol' wifi connection with anyone brawls are really hard to get. But at my place with my LAN adapter and my wii DMZ'd i usually have no trouble finding one.

basically your chances of getting a brawl are as good as your connection

Top Bottom