• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tips on how to beat lucas

strike42

Smash Journeyman
ive been getting smashed by a Lucas lately and i could use some tips on how to beat a lucas.

strike42

Smash Journeyman
unfortunately no ive just gotten so bad lately and i cant even beat this lucas that i keep playing.

so i seriously need some tips. im so ashamed

prOAPC

Smash Lord
wow! first time i see a topic where someone ask for help angaist Lucas, that's make me happy :)
i'll talk to you as a Lucas main
PK Thunder ***** Snake when he's using his upB
With Lucas' ropesnake, is easy to grab Snake when his using his upB
Lucas shouldn't spam PK Fire, because even with wavebouncing, if Snake throws a granade, it will explote in Lucas' face
Lucas stick can reflect the nikita or short hop air dodge and punish snake with a fsmash, ftilt or a grab
don't go to high with your upB, Lucas will be waiting you with a usmash

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
Tell me what you are having the most trouble with. I'll be glad to help you out. :)

Oh, and regarding prOAPC's helpful hints :) that comment about the grenades and the pk fire goes either way. Sometimes you can make it explode in Snake's hands.

I would say either be all offensive against Lucas or approach with the mortar. The mortar can interrupt a lot of Lucas' attacks. The running A attack can get around this though. So be wary of that.

Be careful not to get stuck in Lucas' Nair. Probably one of the most annoying attacks to get out of. Before or while you are in it, I think you can pull out a grenade to stop it.

Always be ready to block Lucas' UP+B. It can really ruin your move mentality. That's why you should be up close to Lucas and punish him if he tries to attack. His close attacks are fairly slow, just dodge around him and punish.

Hmm, and don't be ashamed of losing to Lucas. :bee:

strike42

Smash Journeyman
thanks for the tips and im getting trouble from the nair, his stick,upB,forwardB, and his laggy upsmash.

also im not ashamed of losing to lucas im ashamed b/c ive gotten so bad lately i think i picked up some bad habbets from playing against my noob friend. and i think that the guy who uses lucas might switch to wolf but i don't know hes played so many different char (lucario,lucas,wolf)

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
Upsmash is easy, just be ready to air dodge. (another lucas main here, but I was actually on this forum for tips on BEATING snake... so can someone respond with some help to me too :) )

Either way his Nair does eat your guard but the Utilt really does blow him out of it so if you see it coming a utilt will destroy it. (I was eating it all night earlier with a friend)

His stick is just good, it's probably one of his best weapons. Ftilt to keep him at bay (BTW, I need help against Ftilts....)

PK fire isn't a full distance projectile so stay back and use Nikita/Grenades.

PK Thunder... if you are on the ground, block it and just charge him with a snake slide. In the air, you really gotta time your air dodge or the tail will hit you... if it does just fast fall and you'll get to lucas well before he ends his long ending animation (and have a free whatever you want)

Hope that helps a little bit, just focus on Utilt alot when he short hops/Dairs because even if it trades you win >_>

So anyway you snakey snake mains... I DESPERATELY need help against snake... as the title implies I play Lucas (I also play Pikachu/Wolf/Toon Link)

iRjOn

Smash Lord
dawgbowl even we cant give you advise on getting around our ablities.

But I can tell u this Lucas's Fsmash = death at like 110% or so.
I think Lucas's nair is most usefull to annoy us on our cypher.
Also if aimed right did u kno Lucas's bair can spike Snake on his cypher.
So hope that helped

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
Lucas suffers with snake's grab combos. Try to keep him close, since lucas can be good at spacing and Snake's tilts are so effective. Either that or keep him FAR away, where nades and nikitas can reach but not PK fire. Oh and always be ready to pull out a nade in case of nairs.

Top Bottom