• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TIPPED OFF 2!!! (GPC) - June 30th

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
So, for all the people NOT going to Pound 2, we're having a tourney on this date so we won't feel left out. ^_^

Different location, so that we can support more participants:
Crazy Game Trader
6424 Bells Ferry Rd
Woodstock, GA 30189

Crazy Game Trader is located at 6424 Bells Ferry Road, Woodstock, Ga. 30189 across from the Super Walmart at Eagle Drive. From 285 take 75 north to 575 North exit on Bells ferry road (Exit 4) At the end of the exit make a left and follow approx 5 miles to Crazy Game Trader on the right.
Call Tom at 770-591-5443 or email tom@crazygametrader.com for more details.

We'll need a few cubes, but not TVs this time, since this place supports game-play as part of its business.

BYOC as always.

Please be respectful of your fellow smashers, as well as the store. If you can't seem to do that, I will F-smash you in real life.

Door Fee- 5$
Singles fee- 10$
Doubles fee- 10$(5$ per person)

Tournament begins roughly @ 12pm

Prize$
1v1 Winners
1st - 60%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%

2v2 Winners
1st - 60%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%

The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on one.

Singles random select stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium

Doubles random select stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Rainbow Cruise
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium
DK64

Banned stages:
Yoshi’s Island
Fourside
Hyrule Temple
Flatzone
Brinstar Depths
Icicle Mountain
Big Blue
Mushroom Kingdom 1
Venom
Yoshi's Island 64
Peach’s Castle
Kongo Jungle
Onett

Banned only for doubles:
Fountain of dreams
Mute city

Counterpick stages:
Corneria
Planet Zebes
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Mute City
Poké Floats
Mushroom Kingdom 2
Kongo Jungle 64

Rules
- The higher seed has first choice for their seat(s) and controller port(s). The higher seeded team has first choice for their team color. Teams must sit together on one side or the other. If players/teams meet for a 2nd time in a specific bracket, the winner of the 1st series will have seat and controller choice.

-Singles seeding will be based on doubles results, GET OVER IT.

- After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series. The lower seeded player must make their banned stage choice first. Once the first game has started, stages can’t be banned.

- After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

- For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

- During Championship Bracket competitions, players may ask for a double-blind pick during games four and five of a series. Players must call for the pick after the loser of the previous game has chosen the next game’s stage.

- If players/teams meet for a 2nd time either Championship Bracket, their series will expand to a best of 11, include the previous series, and pick up where that series left off. For example, if Player A beat Player B 3 games to 0 in the Winners Bracket, the Best of 11 will resume with Game 4 and Player leading 3 games to 0. The loser of the 1st series will choose the stage for the 1st game of the 2nd series and players may call for a double-blind pick before any game throughout the best of 11.

- If the players/teams meeting in the Finals have not yet faced each other in a series and the team coming from the Losers Bracket wins the first series, another series must be played to break the tie since both players/teams would only have one series loss.

Pre-registration list:
Menthol
TBag
Desu
XI0
Soft
PB+J (if he's back from NY)
Reflex
Prac
Ares
Gerbil
Nice1
GAWes
Chaddd
Mike G
SleepyK
Laijin
Evil E
Twister
Soma
Jx31
Renegade
Epsilon
TRC
Dogy Samich
Hidden
KirbyJim
Cornell
GP
Spawn

MAYBE:
RAM
Rice
Drummaboi
Rook
Boomstick

If I missed anything, feel free to point it out.

(SPARTA!!!)

XXX <3
-Menthol

Ares726

Smash Ace
First post!!!

I'll be here and I'll bring Gerbil and a cube. We're not going to Pound 2 because we ain't got no monies. However, if LTEC2 doesn't get a date change, I won't be here. We'll see though.

±wì§+ë®

Smash Journeyman
Just came from this place this weekend actually. Pretty ok setup, not ultra far from ATL. I dunno if I have anything to do June 30th, If I have nothing to do I'll consider coming.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Is it not June 30th? I'm confused now Twister. Menthol, is it June 10th or June 30th? The thread title says June 30th, but Pound is June 16-17. What's going on? :urg:
THIS is going on June 30th.
I mentioned Pound, because its about a week before T.O.2
So... even people going to Pound should be able to make this.

@GPC- Attendance is mandatory, or I'll excommunicate you. <3

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'll see what I can do. Reflex is always hurting for money, and I need to really practice...

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I might go since its close an all and its on a sat(I have early shifts on sat) but I aint gonna enter so dont get a heart attack >.>

PB&J

Smash Hero
I might go since its close an all and its on a sat(I have early shifts on sat) but I aint gonna enter so dont get a heart attack >.>
mike gizzle the great..i hope u come so u can tell me what to do when im messing up..ill walk if mike g. is going to be there..lol...i really would

Laijin

Smash Hero
Im having two money matches here:

1. THE EPIC BATTLE: Laijin vs. Evil E
$20
Laijin's YL vs. Evil E's best characters

2. wtf? Prac thinks I completely suck at smash and wants to take my money.
Laijin vs. Prac
$10

Both of these WILL be recorded, assuming Soma or Dogy brings their VCRs.
Both of these matches also deserve your attention, as you would probably be interested in seeing it as well.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
That's a good bit of forewarning; June 30th.

Well, as usual, if 112 goes, I might be going too.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
If I have a job, have received a paycheck by this point I'll go.
Otherwise, I might just show up and play Pokeymangz and friendlies like Marcus. D:
(Assuming I have the five dollars for door fee. I really am that broke. D:)

Prac352

Smash Lord
If I have a job, have received a paycheck by this point I'll go.
Otherwise, I might just show up and play Pokeymangz and friendlies like Marcus. D:
(Assuming I have the five dollars for door fee. I really am that broke. D:)
Yeah, you were missed at the insane-passtime-barterer tournament

Prac352

Smash Lord
Im having two money matches here:

1. THE EPIC BATTLE: Laijin vs. Evil E
$20
Laijin's YL vs. Evil E's best characters

2. wtf? Prac thinks I completely suck at smash and wants to take my money.
Laijin vs. Prac
$10

Both of these WILL be recorded, assuming Soma or Dogy brings their VCRs.
Both of these matches also deserve your attention, as you would probably be interested in seeing it as well.
First of all, I enever said you suck at smash. I just thought it was pretty big of you to say that you'd gladly mm anyone for $50 on that video thread.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zz76Hg_FeKo
I merely accepted the challenge.

I'm not an ***. I don't ever claim to be better than anyone else . . . except menthol.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. I somehow missed the edit button.

nice1

Smash Lord
o yea i'm commin to this woot woot menthol i wanna play that marth again but this time not a money match lol

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
First of all, I enever said you suck at smash. I just thought it was pretty big of you to say that you'd gladly mm anyone for $50 on that video thread.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zz76Hg_FeKo
I merely accepted the challenge.

I'm not an ***. I don't ever claim to be better than anyone else . . . except menthol.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. I somehow missed the edit button.
o_<
BRING IT OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN! lol

o yea i'm commin to this woot woot menthol i wanna play that marth again but this time not a money match lol
Aight, we'll get some friendlies there! ^_^

Top Bottom