• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Yeah that guy. First time i meet him i thought he was just an island. That was a big mistake.

And ever since then, he has killed me a number of times (destroyed a skell or two). Rather ****ing annoying

:135:
Go-rha's gimmick is that it will always deflect every type of attack. Unless you have a negate reflect augment, the fight will be one-sided for the tyrant.

Nah

Smash Champion
Yeah that guy. First time i meet him i thought he was just an island. That was a big mistake.

I think most people get surprised by it really. I remember when I first saw it I thought "ooh some cool derelict robot I can check out ", then jumped down the cliff and swam over to it. Was dead by the time I finished saying "ohhhh ****" lol

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Surprisingly, I swam up to Go-rha to check it out but apparently I wasn't close enough to it to actually wake the thing up and contribute to it's kill count. I just left to continue exploring Noctilum. I eventually approached it, but that was until I got my Skell and flight module.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I knew Go-rha would be something I would have to fight, so I avoided it. Years of gaming have taught me to never go to supposed derlict things if I'm underequipped/underleveled, so I never made the same mistake as some of those other players.
So how long is it until you can even get a Skell?
Post Ch 6/7 of the main story.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Go-rha's gimmick is that it will always deflect every type of attack. Unless you have a negate reflect augment, the fight will be one-sided for the tyrant.
Well ****. I don't think i'll be fighting him any time soon. Especially since i still only have 1 lv 50 skell

I think most people get surprised by it really. I remember when I first saw it I thought "ooh some cool derelict robot I can check out ", then jumped down the cliff and swam over to it. Was dead by the time I finished saying "ohhhh ****" lol
That is literally exactly what happen to me! I thought there might be some awesome secret or something, but nope, just a tryant that would absolute kill me (and i think he did the first time i meet cause i have no way to escape)

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
When you're happy that thread activity is up, but you can't engage in the conversation because you don't have Xenoblade.

In other news, you'll never guess who's getting an Alolan form this time!

:troll:

Nah

Smash Champion
I think I noticed the Sharknado reference before I noticed that it was just the image of Sharpedo pasted multiple times over a tornado image lol

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
The Kalos League has come to an end in the Anime. If you don't know, the finals were between Ash and Alain.

It is with great honor that I reveal to you that finally! Finally!

FINALLY!

ONCE AGAIN A LOSER!

LOSING HIS SIXTH POKéMON LEAGUE BECOMING 0-6!

at losing in the Pokémon League.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The Kalos League has come to an end in the Anime. If you don't know, the finals were between Ash and Alain.

FINALLY!

ONCE AGAIN A LOSER!

My reaction:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

FINALLY!

ONCE AGAIN A LOSER!

I'm a little disappointed, but the fight was still freaking AMAZING! The animation was absolutely gorgeous, my heart was pounding right up to the climax! I wanted Ash and Greninja to pull through, but in my heart I knew, because Ash was basically created to lose each league so he can keep being the protagonist forever.

On to other Pokemon related news, the newest Alola mon has just been revealed!

And it's Bowser-

I mean Gamera-

...... Turtonator.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm a little disappointed, but the fight was still freaking AMAZING! The animation was absolutely gorgeous, my heart was pounding right up to the climax! I wanted Ash and Greninja to pull through, but in my heart I knew, because Ash was basically created to lose each league so he can keep being the protagonist forever.

On to other Pokemon related news, the newest Alola mon has just been revealed!

And it's Bowser-

I mean Gamera-

...... Turtonator.

I can say I'm a fan. I like typing, design, and unique move.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I feel like resurrecting some dark dragons and unleashing them upon the world. Is this thread the correct place for me to do that?

Nah

Smash Champion
I feel like resurrecting some dark dragons and unleashing them upon the world. Is this thread the correct place for me to do that?
definitely, you won't have to worry about any tacticians coming along and screwing up your plans here, no siree

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
That depends, are there any young royalty in the house? If so, you may want to watch out for them and their 12+ friends. :laugh:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

FINALLY!

ONCE AGAIN A LOSER!

And the world is no different for it.

But hey, there's still the Alolan Island Challenge. He won the Orange League, maybe islands are his secret ingredient.

Maybe. :troll:

I'd turn back, stranger. This be the boards of strategists whom beaten said dark dragons.

However, this one is friendly but asks of you the sauce of your avi for another user here.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Game Freak does it again with yet another new trailer being shown off at Worlds today!

I'm already a huge fan of the boxing crab mon, Crabrawler. He looks ready to square up! Although it's kind of weird he's not part Water type, but I'd bet my bottom dollar he gets an evolution that makes him Fighting/Water.
Edit - Actualy scratch that last statement because Crabrawler is based off of coconut crabs which can't swim!

I was already a fan of the sandcastles, but seeing Sandygast and Palossand in game makes me like them even more! Water Compaction is a pretty cool ability, it'll definitely make people think twice before trying to go for super effective water moves.

Flufull is as adorable as ever, and that name suits it well. Though still not as fantastic a pun as it's evolution, "Bewear."

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Big fan of those ghost sandcastles.

But poor Pikachu here isn't.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Ya know, seeing that picture presumably of Sothe kissing Micaiah (maybe it's my phone or the lighting but his hair and outfit look a bit off) got me thinking and I think I've realized one of the reasons I dislike Sothe so much...outside of him being a rather poor unit come endgame who's also a forced option (not actually forced like Micaiah and Ike). It's spoilery so
Sothe always goes on about how he cares for Micaiah and how he'll protect her. His entire goal in PoR was finding her and he's willing to fight hordes of laguz, Ike and even a goddess just for her. They also marry if they keep their A support throughout the whole game. However, even with all of that, they never really show their romance. In their dialogue, they clearly show caring for each other and Micaiah is even willing to tease him and yet they never even hug. Rafiel hugs her after endgame of part 1 and she even cries but never does she hug Sothe. Not even when Tibarn drops him off a cliff and he only makes it out alive because Ulki saves him.

I'm not saying it should have been some deeply focused thing that's shoved in our face but a little bit of romance between the two would have been nice.

Watch me be totally wrong on that and there be some cutscene I've forgotten about that shows what I think is lacking. Wouldn't surprise me. Ya tend to skip the cutscenes when you've played the game over a dozen times.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Ya know, seeing that picture presumably of Sothe kissing Micaiah (maybe it's my phone or the lighting but his hair and outfit look a bit off) got me thinking and I think I've realized one of the reasons I dislike Sothe so much...outside of him being a rather poor unit come endgame who's also a forced option (not actually forced like Micaiah and Ike). It's spoilery so
Sothe always goes on about how he cares for Micaiah and how he'll protect her. His entire goal in PoR was finding her and he's willing to fight hordes of laguz, Ike and even a goddess just for her. They also marry if they keep their A support throughout the whole game. However, even with all of that, they never really show their romance. In their dialogue, they clearly show caring for each other and Micaiah is even willing to tease him and yet they never even hug. Rafiel hugs her after endgame of part 1 and she even cries but never does she hug Sothe. Not even when Tibarn drops him off a cliff and he only makes it out alive because Ulki saves him.

I'm not saying it should have been some deeply focused thing that's shoved in our face but a little bit of romance between the two would have been nice.

Watch me be totally wrong on that and there be some cutscene I've forgotten about that shows what I think is lacking. Wouldn't surprise me. Ya tend to skip the cutscenes when you've played the game over a dozen times.
Uhhh I'm pretty sure that's Chrom kissing Fem Robin.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212

Lmao that's frobin and chrom.

ANYWAYS:

I rarely come on here. I really should. I want to just say some things. I owe a lot to the smashboards and definitely mainly this robin forums for initially getting me into competitive smash in general and for giving me amazing robin tips. I can't promise I'll come here often, I rarely actually use forums, I used this one due to not having a good link to actively talk to smash people in general but discord is massive. If any of you don't use it I highly recommend getting one, the robin discord is amazing for improving meta, talking to other people of your character, voice chatting if you're into that etc etc. Not just robin either, ANY character whether you play them or not has a discord. It's really a much better skype. Can use it in browser or, like me, have an app for it. We have amazing emotes, amazing people just, an amazing place to be and it's like a second home to me. Made some of the nicest friends there.

But enough about advertising discord. That's just for me to say that's where I'm at moreso nowadays. Dath is there too so if that's not enough of a reason I don't know what is ;)

I mainly wanted to thank this place for at the very least, helping me get to where I am now. I do so much better in tournament than I used too, I learned so much fundamentals from here first and through just playing a lot. I've come top 9 at weeklies in my locals now, finally doing well in monthlies and having a name for myself. I did pick up Ryu as my main now I'm afraid (well I say afraid as some people might not be happy) and I honestly love him to pieces. I play so many other fighting games and he just suits my fundamental playstyle so much. I still co-main Robin and use her in some mu's such as bayonetta, villager and other zoners as I still think Robin does super well vs them, and my Robin has improved in itself from the Ryu exp I grinded for months on end to learn him.

And well...I have a lot I could talk about but that's about all I can think of without spamming this forums. Just....thanks I guess for being a major factor of getting into this community initially anyway. I owe a lot. I will try my best to come here often and will at the very least be here now for a bit to do some replies.

Smashcord Webpage here: http://www.smashcords.com/

All of the discord groups are there btw. I still highly recommend it, such a fast loading, and nice communities all around.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Ooooor I could get the coupling completely wrong! That would explain the hair looking off and the tome is a dark colour whereas Micaiah uses light tomes (save for in Awakening iirc) but that get up still doesn't look like Chrom's and I guess my mind saw silver hair and big brown eyes and a tome and thought Micaiah. Used to Robin having smaller, black eyes although the sleeve is hers.

My bad!

Astellius

Smash Ace
Ah, thanks for the advice everyone! I now know the place to summon dark dragons and unleash them upon the world without having tacticians or random groups of lordly teenagers ruin my plans. Yes, I have found such a lonely and solitary place, well-suited for such evil contemplations... It is, of course, the Lucina social thread! Soon, evil dragons will spew forth from there, and everyone will be surprised because no one goes there! Mwahahahah!

Also, yes, my avatar pic is from the Cipher card.

if any of you remember me I'll give you an internet hug.
Lol, and yes, this is definitely Chrom kissing FRobin.

However, Krysco does have a point, Sothe wasn't one of my favorite characters from the Tellius arc. I'm thinking of replaying the Tellius arc here sometime soon. But Sothe isn't going to be marrying Micaiah, nope.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
300 hours of playing Xenoblade Chronicles X. I have finally defeated all the tyrants of this game at least once! Pharsis, Telethia, you fear me no more!

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
if any of you remember me I'll give you an internet hug.
I remember who you are.
Welcome back!
300 hours of playing Xenoblade Chronicles X. I have finally defeated all the tyrants of this game at least once! Pharsis, Telethia, you fear me no more!

Congrats! I don't think that I would ever stand a chance against either of those tyrants, or any of the ones above level 60.

Nah

Smash Champion
I beat Nardacyon today \o/

I think that I've beaten all of the superbosses in XCX now except for Telethia, unless I'm forgetting something and/or Leva'el is considered a superboss too.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I beat Nardacyon today \o/

I think that I've beaten all of the superbosses in XCX now except for Telethia, unless I'm forgetting something and/or Leva'el is considered a superboss too.

There's this tyrant list just in case one or a few managed to slip by you.

As for Leva'el, it uses Uncontrollable so it doesn't use the same theme Nardacyon, Lugalbanda, Dadaan, Pharsis, and Vortice all use, but I'd still consider it a superboss. It only appears after you beat chapter 12, unlike Luxaar's Xern, you can't one shot Leva'el. You also have to kill it in a time limit before it destroys both your skell and you.

Casey Chase

Undine~
3DS FC
1521-4138-1029
Placed 9th in my fourth tournament...out of 26 lol. I got second in the amateur bracket. I thought the weekly would be free since Endgame was happening an hour away, but more and more good players kept showing up. Early on I joked that I would finally make top 8 since there were only 8 people there at the time.

Also I saw M2K and Chillin <fanboys wildly>

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

I lied. I somehow skipped this Qmoeva tyrant during my crusade against all of Xenoblade X's tyrants.

NOW I can officially say I defeated every single tyrant in this game once.

Top Bottom