• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
To much blue(I'll end up being the only one left, and try to stay that way)

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Ah yeah, we should. I shall make priority for a monster hunter too.
Great! Let me know when you want to play.

Pancakes-Butters Pancakes-Butters You upload gifs the same way you do images.

Oh, and Zantetsugun Zantetsugun . If you're wondering why I'm not interested in your Monster Musume:

It's because I hunt monsters for a living.
igSPR4F.png

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Can someone please give me a run down on how this premium works now?

(i.e Sm4sh characters in the back ground of post, part room etc)

:135:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I like your moves, AmericanDJ AmericanDJ .:4falcon: I can see the improvement. Very pleased with my own performance as well. Thanks for playing with me! :) I've been waiting for a chance to test mah skilllz against a good player; I haven't been able to play with anyone for a while.

The only character you played with obvious room for improvement was Falcon (too aggressive). I think a little patience would do you good with him.

Everyone else, I'm gonna have to watch the replays for. If you want critiquing of any other character, I'll have to watch the replays.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
One Marth
Two Marths

Red Marth
Blue Marth

There are so many blue people viewing this thread.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
AmericanDJ AmericanDJ I've watched some of the replays, and I gathered a few small things. Noting major, but some of it may have been a determining factor in a match.

Your Olimar could use better defensive tactics. I've heard people say the Fsmash is a good zoning move for him, but here's my take on that: no it's not. Most Fsmashes have too much end lag to be a reliable defensive or strategic move, and Olimar is no exception; just because Olimar has good range on his Fsmash doesn't mean it's a good idea to use it defensively. Maybe against some fighters, but none of my mains. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to advise you specifically in this area as Olimar is one of the characters I have little experience with in any area.

Your Marth and Shulk were DAMN GOOD. Marth has good enough priority, speed, and reach to rush down an aggressive opponent. Same with Shulk. Unfortunately for you, I'm a very patient player, so your aggressive playstyle only went so far before I started using it against you. Both Marth and Shulk have a reasonable amount of tools for a varied and confusing approach. You made some good use of some of them, but it could go much further. You should also try to learn when to stop being so aggressive. I think that's the only way to improve your Shulk and/or Marth.

Your Robin made good use of his extreme aerial approach options, but I think you didn't go for enough zoning tactics with the tomes. The way characters like Robin shine is their ability to basically control all movement, except against the faster characters. Robin in particular has more control than others; he has godlike reach and power with the Levin Sword and Nosferatu to hit through shields. You clearly made good use of both. You also had your combos down. But I think you could've made more strategic use of the tomes.

Arcfire is especially good for catching a landing opponent, and while you clearly acknowledged this, it seems like you tried to combo into it more than was good for you. It's kind of easy to escape and only gets more so when you wrack up hits, because it becomes too predictable.

You could've used Thunder less as a defensive move and more to control where I would land. That's not to say you shouldn't use it to push away opponents; Robin actually needs the room to operate, so it is a good idea to use it defensively, but I think its best uses lie in the area of zoning. Using zoning tactics, you could put somebody in a position where they would have to take either an Arcthunder or a LSFair, or even both. It's not something to be taken lightly.

Thoron isn't worthless (it's pretty damn good, actually), but it is overrated in my opinion. I think Arcthunder is the better choice in most situations. Thoron has massive, deadly hitbox, but it's best used against an opponent while they're offstage or at an extremely high percent (I think 120%-160% is a good start, depending on weight).

Using Nosferatu at high percentages is dangerous without the proper conditioning, although it is rewarding. I think that's the number one thing on this list of nitpicks: tone down the use of Nosferatu. I note how you used it as a safe approach to a platform, so it's clear to me you're aware of its greater strategic uses, however.

You did use some good shield tactics with both Arcthunder and Arcfire, and I commend you for that.

That's all I have at the moment. I see you've been learning, and I could tell the difference from the last time I fought you, but as they say, there's always room for improvement. Thanks again. I look forward to our next set of matches, whenever that may be. :grin:

:4metaknight: (gonna start using this)

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
so i play robin as a pocket in tournaments now.

well, i will for the one on saturday. trial basis, see how it goes. friend of mine hates the matchup and i want to abuse the privilege. it's good to have somebody to fall back on when your main doesn't do it for ya.

i don't use palutena in tourneys most of the time 'cos she isn't good competitively. please understand.

D

Deleted member

so i play robin as a pocket in tournaments now.

well, i will for the one on saturday. trial basis, see how it goes. friend of mine hates the matchup and i want to abuse the privilege. it's good to have somebody to fall back on when your main doesn't do it for ya.

i don't use palutena in tourneys most of the time 'cos she isn't good competitively. please understand.
Does this friend of yours play Ganon or someone else that gets bopped by Robin? Lol

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Get this.

I posted that absurd list of reasons why Meta Knight is "the best you ever had" on the MKGD just to see what would happen, and these are what I got.

These are priceless. :rotfl:

wtf not even funny tbh
What is this. Is this supposed to be a meme or something. Should I copypaste this?
I think that post actually did more harm to meta knight than it did good.

I suddenly have this urge to drop him just for that post.
Ignore the troll bait.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Does this friend of yours play Ganon or someone else that gets bopped by Robin? Lol
yes, actually!

and captain falcon. he just doesn't like robin. doesn't have the matchup experience.

i give it about a week before he figures it out and i have to put proper work in instead of just coasting by on the intimidation factor.

i feel the same way about his falcon, though, really need to git gud in that matchup.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
@The Soulless One I've been thinking about Tiki's chances lately, and a question came to mind: if Tiki were to get in, would it be young Tiki or old Tiki? I think young Tiki would better capture what she would represent from the series, but that's just my opinion. What do you think?

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
@The Soulless One I've been thinking about Tiki's chances lately, and a question came to mind: if Tiki were to get in, would it be young Tiki or old Tiki? I think young Tiki would better capture what she would represent from the series, but that's just my opinion. What do you think?
Why not both Tikis
So she can tickle our cheekies?

...sorry not sorry

D

Deleted member

I feel like they'd go with her older model from Awakening, just based on the idea that I would think that they would use the most recent model of a character, a la using Ike's Radiant Dawn model.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I feel like they'd go with her older model from Awakening, just based on the idea that I would think that they would use the most recent model of a character, a la using Ike's Radiant Dawn model.
I suppose you have a point there. I've been thinking that Tiki could represent basically the entire small manakete child archetype that we see so often, and it seems like that'd be the number one reason to put her in. But I suppose even with that, it would still make perfect sense to use her latest model.

Why not both Tikis
So she can tickle our cheekies?

...sorry not sorry
Don't feel sorry for your incredibly meaningless pun. Just go by my motto:

Feel no shame. Regret nothing. :4metaknight:

^ (the only way to survive on most of these forums):4diddy:

D

Deleted member

I suppose you have a point there. I've been thinking that Tiki could represent basically the entire small manakete child archetype that we see so often, and it seems like that'd be the number one reason to put her in. But I suppose even with that, it would still make perfect sense to use her latest model.

Don't feel sorry for your incredibly meaningless pun. Just go by my motto:

Feel no shame. Regret nothing. :4metaknight:

^ (the only way to survive on most of these forums):4diddy:
Yeah, thinking about it now using her young Tiki model would make a great excuse to have straight-up character alts representative of the other Manaketes since then they would be around her size.

Nah in Smash please

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If they added Tiki as her child form then they could possibly add Nowi and Nah so I'd be down with that.

Top Bottom