• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hong

The Strongest
Don't you do that with most plushies?

So you're an Orc, not an Ork? But that picture totally looks like an Ork.
Nah. That's an Ork. Just couldn't help but squeeze in a WarCraft II/III reference... Even though @ Drakonis Drakonis is probably the only one here who played either.
I can imagine you as a Robin plushie. The one you hug really hard and pat a lot
If I pretend to be a plushie will you hug me?:039:

Yeah :happysheep:

Anyway, False Sense is like a plushie. Maybe some people here might understand why but my reasons are basically somewhere in a social group (with my in jokes about Mewtwo being low tier mostly)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Ok, so I'm a plushie now.

I don't know why, but ok. :substitute:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Nah. That's an Ork. Just couldn't help but squeeze in a WarCraft II/III reference... Even though @ Drakonis Drakonis is probably the only one here who played either.
I'm afraid I actually missed it until you pointed it out.
It's been some time since I last poked some grunts. Or Peons, not sure which of the two had that quote.

Though I will hug you, even if you're not a plushie!

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I thought they closed that one and started a new one that doesn't talk about fanfiction? Or am I missing something?
Maybe because they closed that one they started to talk about fanfiction in the new one? :4pacman:

I'm seriously considering bringing questions regarding Lucina play to this thread because all they're ever talking about in her social is fanfiction.
and sure it's an unpopular opinion and many will throw rocks at me because of that, but you could use Marth's thread for that :troll:

Either way, if that's the case, people should just make a separate thread for Lucina fan stuff?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I don't even see a social thread in the listing...
When I joined the FE Social Group I immediately went to see how the Lucina thread was.
I was much disappointed.
That was made precisely so that the official Lucina sub forum could be Smash-centric. Have you checked back there?

@locuan128 requested the change when he was appointed mod. Go there, you'll be satisfied.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I don't even see a social thread in the listing...
When I joined the FE Social Group I immediately went to see how the Lucina thread was.
I was much disappointed.
There is the "general Q&A thread", which is, as the name suggests, for general gameplay questions. It's not a "social thread" as such, though.

Last edited:

Elezir

I just wish there was a social thread where I discuss her in a non-competitive and non-romantic way.
Like how she has the best VA in Smash.
That she has. Laura Bailey is incredible :v
Though I've never liked Lucina herself that much...No! there's nothing wrong with her in FE:A! It actually helped me in liking her more.
It may just be my first impression of her in Smash, like how I thought she was a genderbend Marth that somehow got a separate slot when I first played the game.
The trailer made me think she was Robin's waifu who needed rescuing, but that was a second impression. The fact it almost showed no gameplay of hers, and what it showed had "Marth" all over it didn't help, either. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against clones or similar fighting characters, but it was kind of a let down.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That she has. Laura Bailey is incredible :v
Though I've never liked Lucina herself that much...No! there's nothing wrong with her in FE:A! It actually helped me in liking her more.
Lucina and Robin I originally disliked, if only because they butted in on what I believed would be a Mewtwo reveal at the time. Lucina herself got me into FE:A(besides finding it at an extreme steal of a price).

Now that Mewtwo is actually in, it ironically came full circle, and three characters that I adore will be my mains unless some other DLC that I want happens.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I just wish there was a social thread where I discuss her in a non-competitive and non-romantic way.
Like how she has the best VA in Smash.
She was great in FMa.. I think she also did some voices in Professor Layton 5 as well.

Elezir

Lucina and Robin I originally disliked, if only because they butted in on what I believed would be a Mewtwo reveal at the time. Lucina herself got me into FE:A(besides finding it at an extreme steal of a price).

Now that Mewtwo is actually in, it ironically came full circle, and three characters that I adore will be my mains unless some other DLC that I want happens.
The way I was introduced to Fire emblem was funny, really.
It all started in Meele, the first smash I played. When I first saw Marth and Roy, I thought they were from some obscure hack 'n' slash that had never left Japan (don't ask me why I thought it was a hack 'n' slash, I just had that impression) and didn't search futher, after all, I already had my precious Ness :v (Shush! I don't care what you say! He was top tier for meh!:nessmelee:and he still is!)
After some time, I stopped playing Meele, and never went around getting Brawl or caring too much about it.
Smash just picked my interest again after Smash 4 was released, because I looked around and saw lots of new and interesting looking characters. (and because a friend of mine went and bought a Wii U to play the game, and invited me to play)
At that time I decided to finally create a account here to ask what characters I should test out, then a guy with Owain's avatar suggested Robin :v
Funny thing was when we actually entered the roster and I saw all these blue-haired sword people I started to dub them:

:4marth: "The Original"
:4myfriends:"The Manlier and Buffer Marth"
:4lucina:"The She-Marth"
I hate to say this, too, but if Chrom was there I'd probably dub him "The Mid-Term Marth"

Then I picked Robin and just fell in love with him <3 Not only his gameplay, but the fact he was like a Magic Knight of sorts and had a Tactician feel to him had me bought. Just after that I actually noticed all the other "Marths" were from the same game as him, and went off to search more about it.:4pacman: You had to see my face when I read it was a Strategy game, not a Hack'n'Slash.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I've played both.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
In most games, the voices are just kind of "there", I don't really pay much mind to who voices who as long as they're good and I don't base my interest in a character just because they have a VA I like.
Laura Bailey is one of the exceptions to that. It's funny though, she sounds pretty much the same in everything she is in, but I never get tired of her voice for some reason...

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
In most games, the voices are just kind of "there", I don't really pay much mind to who voices who as long as they're good and I don't base my interest in a character just because they have a VA I like.
Laura Bailey is one of the exceptions to that. It's funny though, she sounds pretty much the same in everything she is in, but I never get tired of her voice for some reason...
Speaking of that...

Anyone know who voices the Robins in SSB4?

Last edited:

Elezir

Speaking of that...

Anyone know who voices the Robins in SSB4?
:4robinm:David Vincent
:4robinf:Lauren Landa

@Edit: Because of David, I'm still waiting someone making a fanart with Robin using Senketsu from Kill la Kill :v

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
:4robinm:David Vincent
:4robinf:Lauren Landa
How about Shemarth Lucina?

Edit: And yes, I know there's credits, but who reads the credits when you can kill them? It's like Monty Python and the Holy Grail. You're not paying attention to the credits, you're paying attention to the fact that a Llama ate someone's sister.

Edit 2: And that that person just got sacked.

Last edited:

Elezir

How about Shemarth Lucina?

Edit: And yes, I know there's credits, but who reads the credits when you can kill them?
Truth to be told, sometime I get the impression Lucina is more manly than Marth :v

As people already said here, :4lucina:Laura Bailey

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
This is an extremely random question but...

When you first saw Lon'qu's name, did anyone first called him Luke Von? :lol:

Elezir

This is an extremely random question but...

When you first saw Lon'qu's name, did anyone first called him Luke Von? :lol:
Not really...but your post reminded me that I want to play Tales of the Abyss again.

timetotipthescales

Smash Cadet
NNID
bloodofgrima
So, there was another tournament yesterday at school, which I couldn't go to because of Chamber Choir auditions (singing 4 lyf), and my friend won. So, of course, I went onto FB comments and was like "i challenge you to $25 money match fox 1 v 1 no items final destination" as typical bad jokes guy.

Then, the runner up is like "if you're serious, then we can do one" and he's a nice guy so I was like yes, but $10 since I don't even have $25 so now, I have to brush up on Robin techs for Saturday for best of 5s, battlefield and omegas only, even though FD is Robin's worst stage.

Elezir

So, that's how Chrom actually caught Robin...

Sly blue haired guy. He knew that Sleep was effective for catching Tacticians...

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
So, there was another tournament yesterday at school, which I couldn't go to because of Chamber Choir auditions (singing 4 lyf), and my friend won. So, of course, I went onto FB comments and was like "i challenge you to $25 money match fox 1 v 1 no items final destination" as typical bad jokes guy.

Then, the runner up is like "if you're serious, then we can do one" and he's a nice guy so I was like yes, but $10 since I don't even have $25 so now, I have to brush up on Robin techs for Saturday for best of 5s, battlefield and omegas only, even though FD is Robin's worst stage.
Do you know what character(s) the runner up plays?

Hong

The Strongest

If you lose, wait until he's heading home, jump him, and take his money.
If you win, wait until he's heading home, jump him, and take his money.

:4robinf: P L E G I A N S T Y L E :4robinm:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581

Good luck man. Go show him what it means to be a super sand-

I mean, show him what the tactician magician can really do. Tip his scales along with his money.

Elezir

I hadn't noticed this post, sorry :v
Either way, good luck on your match. May you have the winning strategies.
And show him how awesome Robin is :v no pressure here, ofc.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So, that's how Chrom actually caught Robin...

Sly blue haired guy. He knew that Sleep was effective for catching Tacticians...
Incidentally, they're apparently planning on running away (にげる = "run away").

"What do you propose we do?"
"I dunno!"
"Well, he's fast asleep, so I propose that we get out of here before he wakes up in about three turns' time, because I need to go to the Anna Mart and buy more Shepherd Balls. Then we can come back and catch him just before he wakes up and ruins my chances of getting into Smash forever."
Unfortunately, it took Chrom one turn too many to get to the Anna Mart, because he was jumped by a wild Falcon along the way.
The rest, as we know, is history. :4falcon:

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Is Robin in your avatar reading a book or playing SSB4?
She's reading a book. Though now that you mention it, I would actually like to see a picture of :4robinf: and :4robinm: playing SSB4. They're probably developing anti-meta strats as we speak.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
So, since chapter serf asked for some Robin wallpaper, and I couldn't find any I liked, I made one oO It's...not how I wanted it to turn out, but meh. Posting here because I want opnions as well :happysheep:
It's been queued up along with the rest of the backgrounds. Only the Loot Gods and RNGesus know when it will appear first. And what background it will appear alongside. Fret not, I'll slap a picture of it up here. When it comes.

Free cookie to the first person who knows what my other desktop picture is!

Sorry it's a little bit small...

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I've been playing some Smash Run today and I can't help but laugh whenever Robin tries to run at high speeds. The faster characters look pretty normal if you get their speed stat up, but Robin seems to run in a silly way.

Also, apparently Nosferatu does some kinda fire damage to it. I tried it against a Chandelure and instead of hurting it, Nosferatu powered it up like when you hit it with Arcfire.

Top Bottom