• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

TDF_Lewis

Smash Cadet
NNID
TDF_Lewis
3DS FC
4613-7345-1015
Greetings and welcome, fellow tactician! ^w^ I'm glad you found the courage to post something on Smashboards. I assure you, this social thread is a very welcoming place so I hope you feel more comfortable as you continue to post here. It's quite nice to see such an influx of tacticians. As a way of welcoming you to the social thread, here's a lovely fan drawing for you to enjoy!

That's the cutest thing! Thanks a ton for the warm welcomes! Having hopping between threads for a while this seems so very friendly. Oh and Anna for best (non Robin/Lucina) FEA character ^^

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
That's the cutest thing! Thanks a ton for the warm welcomes! Having hopping between threads for a while this seems so very friendly. Oh and Anna for best (non Robin/Lucina) FEA character ^^
Your very welcome! ^w^ Oh and excellent choice for best FEA character this isn't Robin or Lucina! Anna is one of my favourites as well, although Owain and Morgan are also two of my favourites. There's SO many amazing characters in FEA that it's quite difficult to choose a favourite. >w<;;

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
First of all, hello everyone, I'm Lewis and I've been lurking around this thread for a while now before actually picking up the courage to write something ^^ I'm a both Robin and Link main and, even though I picked up smash as "brawl scum" and Fire Emblem at Awakening, I've put plenty of hours into both (over 400 in smash 4 so far xD). It's nice to actually post!
So my actual question is: Is the general idea that there will be another Avatar for the new entry in the FE series?
Welcome to our humble abode where we love to discuss about, well... anything really. We mostly talk about FE related things here but your more than welcome to check out the FE Social Group here.

As for your question on a new Avatar character for the FE; The evidence does seem like there will be an Avatar character, but I'm the type of person who will either A) try to avoid as much info for the upcoming game if I can help it. B) Not believe anything unless it's confirmed by the studio. (I'm rather glad I avoided the leaks of Smash 4.)

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I am not a huge fan of Smash 4, so I have stood down as a moderator for this section.
tumblr_lw8c7jZrCf1qik6vlo1_500.png

How could you leave us Senpai! :c
Scales cannot be tipped without you as our moderator :(
But seriously though, i don't know what to think myself, as someone who has played all Smash games, but only decided to learn the "competitive" meta and attend tournaments for this one, i can see it's faults, but i still find it a lot of fun.
Maybe ignorance is bliss
NMniqJM.png

Also good luck wherever you are moderating now (Smash 64 threads i assume?) :denzel:

Hong

The Strongest
View attachment 35949
How could you leave us Senpai! :c
Scales cannot be tipped without you as our moderator :(
Well, it sucked seeing people take so long to warm up to @ Raziek Raziek when he is such a swell guy. I was kind of hoping he would take up some of the same level of revere, especially with how much hard work he puts into the community.
Also good luck wherever you are moderating now (Smash 64 threads i assume?) :denzel:
A forum for premium members.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Well, it sucked seeing people take so long to warm up to @ Raziek Raziek when he is such a swell guy. I was kind of hoping he would take up some of the same level of revere, especially with how much hard work he puts into the community.
I was just Joking though, Raziek Raziek is a pretty cool guy :shades:
Though i'm still going to miss you

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Well, it sucked seeing people take so long to warm up to @ Raziek Raziek when he is such a swell guy. I was kind of hoping he would take up some of the same level of revere, especially with how much hard work he puts into the community.A forum for premium members.
Though I appreciate the concern, you really needn't have given that much thought to it. Embarrass

Respect is earned, and earn it I shall.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I failed to see a clock in Linicina's (dancer's) eyes...
It's only for a brief moment, so it's pretty easy to miss (especially if there's any sort of lag), but I can assure you, it's there.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Don't worry @ Hong Hong . Although you will be missed, the welcoming, balanced, and thoughtful culture that you, Raziek, and countless other tacticians have established early on in the Robin forums is here to say. In fact, we have welcomed many new tacticians into our ranks, especially these past few days. As for @ Raziek Raziek he will get that same level of revere, if he hasn't achieved that already, as he is well-respected and beloved by all of us here and his work has not gone unnoticed. Just go do what you think is best Hong. We got this.

Edit: :4greninja:'ed by Raziek himself?

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
from what I can tell, Robin is trying to teach Pikachu how to use Thoron
the box says, "Pikachu wants to learn Thoron...!"
Robin, from right to left: "So Pikachu, you also want to learn Thoron? Okay, now let's tip the scales!" (it literally means "change the state of the battle", which is roughly the Japanese equivalent to tipping the scales)
and the Phoenix Wright bubble on the left is Chrom shouting "Hold it!"
Well, I suppose it should've been funny in Japanese, because I saw lots of "あははは" in the comments :v (which I know are laughing sounds). maybe I just can't understand East's sense of humour :sadsheep: or maybe even my "basic" Japanese is just that bad. I'm still struggling to learn Hiragana.

First of all, hello everyone, I'm Lewis and I've been lurking around this thread for a while now before actually picking up the courage to write something ^^ I'm a both Robin and Link main and, even though I picked up smash as "brawl scum" and Fire Emblem at Awakening, I've put plenty of hours into both (over 400 in smash 4 so far xD). It's nice to actually post!
So my actual question is: Is the general idea that there will be another Avatar for the new entry in the FE series?
Heeey <3
Welcome:happysheep: even though I'm more noob than you
Have a cute Robin as welcome gift
I got so many images from pixiv 8D I'm so happy, I could flood this thread with them

I was just Joking though, Raziek Raziek is a pretty cool guy :shades:
Though i'm still going to miss you
Really, someone who has the patience to train each Robin has to be pretty cool 8D
His threads are really helping me in beating my friends a** showing my superior tactics.

Eh oO so the dancer so kind of mark in her eyes huh? Lucina, that's not your game I could only see that with Fireworks. If other people are having problems I could get just the frames in which it appears. I dunno what to think of that though oO could be just us overthinking things.

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
So I found this gif today and immediately thought of @ Weeman Weeman
This is why Hawlucha is one of my top 10 favorite Pokemon.

So, I (finally)finished FE:A (doing all supports can take some time. Will probably do the same thing when I start a F!Robin qq) and started FE7 and...this game is way harder than awakening (and has better maps) and I'm sure I still is in "tutorial phase" xD
The character I'm liking the most so far is Matthew, mostly because his personallity is the sticking out the most so far, Lyn is cool too, but I feel there's something missing, maybe more interaction between the characters. It's good enough for now, though.
Still love Robin though, and missing him dearly :sadsheep: I must be obsessed.
FE7 is probably the best game to play after Awakening if you're new to the series since it is easier relative to the other games. FE8 might be slightly easier though, largely due to the option to grind. Either way, just try to stick to a consistent team with a variety of units (or just overflow your team with knight/paladin units).

Is it sad that I named the tactician in FE 7 Robin?
Yes, because he shall forever be known as Mark in my eyes.

Hector right? You seem like an axe guy.
Hector is everyone's favorite FE character. They just don't know it.

EDIT:
It looks better in motion, trust me.

View attachment 35957
Damn, that's a nifty detail. Given the small things that can be lifted from the trailer, and the Eye of Naga from Awakening, I don't think the 'clock eyes' are a coincidence.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
According to the internet, everyone hated Awakening, therefore FE 14 is doomed and we should feel bad.

c0b.jpg

Elezir

According to the internet, everyone hated Awakening, therefore FE 14 is doomed and we should feel bad.
More like most of veterans of Fire Emblem hated it because it's easy/bad story/became a dating sim/had an avatar/pair up system is broken/too much grinding. These are the most commom complains I see from them, and, while I can understand some of the points, it saved the series from certain doom. So you can't really say it was a bad game, as it sold, a LOT. :v Heck, it was supposed to be the last game in the series, and most companies don't support games in that situation to get a second chance.
Really, I think it's just that people don't want to see the series change, sometime, however, it needs to change to attract more public.
Imo, the selling points of FE:A were the pair up system (needs balancing, tho. Hope they did it in this new game)
and the support system. I've never seen a strategy game with the pair up system, and few with a kind of support system(Devil survivor). The story was...alright, I think, I've seen better. The maps were pretty bad, and it was just too easy for me, so people who played FE for the difficult were, no doubt, disapointed. I liked the battle scenes though.

Anyway, here's the dancer's eye gif. I've slowed it down, too, so it's easier to see.

Still think it's nothing, but let's see.

Last edited:

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I finished Awakening the day before the FE14 announcement, but I'll definitely be playing through it a few more times. The story was average but the feels were real. I hadn't played a FE game since Shadow Dragon, and I started FE13 on hard, got my butt handed to me well and good so I don't think the difficulty is off but I'm not a series vet either.

Seems like Awakening is the best selling FE game ever, people might think it's bad, but it saved the series. I can't wait to play more.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The only people who outright hate Awakening are those who were quite content with Fire Emblem being its own niche little series that they and only they understood. Their own veritable secret club of sorts.

Now that the club is more accommodating and everyone has a pass inside, it's no longer a secret. So the OG-blood has to share some of the wealth, and they don't like it.

Last edited:

Elezir

The only people who outright hate Awakening are those who were quite content with Fire Emblem being its own niche little series that they and only they understood. Their own veritable secret club of sorts.

Now that the club is more accommodating and everyone has a pass inside, it's no longer a secret. So the OG-blood has to share some of the wealth, and they don't like it.
Well, there's always these "If it becomes too mainstream I don't like it anymore" people 8D This is the type of jerk*** that likes to giggle at the face of someone when they don't recognise "X" thing, because they think they are better just because there's a "secret" only they know of. Honestly, I just despise this kind of person, and hope most of vets aren't complaining about Awakening just because of that.
I can see why some vets would hate Awakening in a fair way, but really, if the FE series wanted to survive, it HAD to change a bit, to attract the more casual player. Heck, I can't even find console SRPG games these days anymore, aside from Devil Survivor (and even so, it has a vastly different gameplay from most classic SRPG's) oO or I'm just not looking hard enough?

and because I saved far too many Robin images from pixiv, I'm going to leave this for you people :happysheep: and hey! I'm not even on pg 100 yet!
I'm pretty sure it must be some "Chrom not getting into Smash" joke
and a Lucina+Chrom bonus

Someone should make a Robin fanart thread so I can stop having to discuss important stuff as a excuse to dump this gold

Hong

The Strongest
I hope the global success of Awakening means a faster international release for FE14. Nintendo has the capability to localize games while they are being developed, but typically reserve this for products they consider high-profile.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey guys, I know I should ask this in the Lucina thread but anyway, does Zero Suit Samus and Lucina share the same voice actress?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Wait @ Hong Hong are you leaving the thread?! NOOOOOOOOO, please tell me that you just stopped being moderator and not leaving the thread?! Please don't going, you gave this place just fun and joy and if you leave then who will do that?

And I don't care that I am double posting, I need to know if this is true.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
For a second I thought this thread was locked.
Panic, confusion, bewilderment then relief flew through my head within a matter of 10 seconds.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I hope the global success of Awakening means a faster international release for FE14. Nintendo has the capability to localize games while they are being developed, but typically reserve this for products they consider high-profile.
Well they have always been somewhat lacking in there until recently, i mean even Pokémon, their second most succesful franchise, had to deal with separated releases until X & Y.
Also am i the only one who found the armor designs of the guys fighting at the end of the trailer really good :shades:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hey guys, I know I should ask this in the Lucina thread but anyway, does Zero Suit Samus and Lucina share the same voice actress?
Wha? No, no they do not. However, according to Google the VA for ZSS is the same as Knuckle Joe and SF Assault Krystal.

Lucina is Laura Bailey, which is part of the reason I like Lucina so much :)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Wha? No, no they do not. However, according to Google the VA for ZSS is the same as Knuckle Joe and SF Assault Krystal.

Don't forget the face model for Chell(Portal).

Laura Bailey is such a great VA. It' hard to go wrong when she's behind someone. :)

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Wow guys I had such a fun time in the skype group even though it was short lived. I learned so much while playing and hope to meet you all again soon!

Raz you really are my role model, I hope to meet you again someday!

Hong

The Strongest
Wait @ Hong Hong are you leaving the thread?! NOOOOOOOOO, please tell me that you just stopped being moderator and not leaving the thread?! Please don't going, you gave this place just fun and joy and if you leave then who will do that?

And I don't care that I am double posting, I need to know if this is true.
I will be posting in this thread not as a moderator, but as a user. That is how it all began, after all.

Especially with this new Fire Emblem. My mind is already rife with possible gameplay theories and whatnot.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I will be posting in this thread not as a moderator, but as a user. That is how it all began, after all.

Especially with this new Fire Emblem. My mind is already rife with possible gameplay theories and whatnot.
Now that's the spirit! Anyway let's begin:
1st: How to balance Pair Ups
They are impossible to balance, game is doomed.
End of opinion.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Pair Up

-When a partner blocks, that partner takes damage instead of no selling it
-Avoid Rate is reduced by 20 when paired up
-Terrain penalties double in value when paired up
-When Dual Strike activates, the partner deals 1/3 regular damage
-Partner can not strike more than once a turn. This includes added turns thanks to Brave weapons or Astra.
-Partner cannot activate its own skills when it strikes.

Hong

The Strongest
Just making the pair up system less volatile would be nice.

Fire Emblem has enough substantial dice rolls in every action between hit/avoid, crits, and later on skils. Rather have Dual Strike happen 100% of the time but deal way less damage than have it hit 40% of the time and basically give you 50-100% more damage on your attacks. Capping it to one attack per turn is also a sound idea.

Remember when rescuing another unit had a penalty that made it a tactical consideration?

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Okay, sorry, just if a few cases in smash they sound like a light and deeper voice version of the same voice.

Oh thank Hylia, that is a relief! If you left, the thread just wouldn't be the same

Quick questions, is it true tha big N is releasing translated version of the 2-6 in the fire emblem series?

Elezir

Also, let the human enemies pair up too. It always surprised me that no enemy unit (aside from Risen, I can accept that "monster" type of units can't do it) paired up.

Quick questions, is it true tha big N is releasing translated version of the 2-6 in the fire emblem series?
oO I made a quick search and found nothing about it, so I think no.
Where did you read that?

Also, there are some fan-made translations for some of the older fire emblem games.

Last edited:

cyberspyXD

Smash Rookie
NNID
cyberspyXD
3DS FC
0001-3542-4807
I'm a FE veteran and don't hate Awakening, I love it. It seems like most of my fellow vets on Serenes are more bitter though.
Unlikely, I haven't seen any announcements proclaiming this. If you're waiting on official translated versions don't hold your breath, just use a fan translation.

You guys have amazing moderators. No joke. Raziek's spending a lot of his time with improving you guys

When I think about myself, I'm happy go-lucky, ready to research, and always curious to find answers. Even if it means telling my Monado bros to do something stupid to get the answer, since For Glory is the second coming of Brawl wifi for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom