• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

ViralN9

Smash Cadet
*Melts in through the fourth wall*
DID SOMEBODY SAY NEW PEOPLE?

Oh, favorite Fire Emblem character?

Uh...

Uhhhh...

All of the playable ones?

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Do get FE7 (Fire Emblem) from Wii U VC then, it also (if not in some ways better) a good starting point to hop into FE-games.

Hilariously enough the quote above ya is something I don't entirely wish to happen as I'm not really liking the idea of FE becoming again centered on the player as the main character (because Nintendo's done that with plenty other IPs that are also succesful). In fact, FE felt like a fresh breath of air because it not having what is a silent protagonists or player-based avatar protagonists, and on top, didn't necessarily push the main character(s) over the rest (something Awakening did kinda badly IMO compared to other games of FE)

So with Avatar-concept trying to perhaps take that away due his popularity from I.S's view, I might not feel entirely fond of FE's current direction because it will lose something special over Nintendo's other games of similar genre. We'd never have games entirely based on the cast of it's own instead of player character possibly being their focus or even overshadowing them depending on the quality or direction of the plot and writing.

Just my views on this, if you may.
I still don't think the avatar will make a huge difference. He/she will just be another lord amidst a whole host of characters.

Robin enjoyed a lot of popularity, but so did Chrom and Lucina.

Chrom did get passed over for Smash, but he still was one of the most popular Awakening characters. He's popular enough to be heavily featured in Smash with Robin.

But I can see why you'd be worried. Chrom did become the brunt of many anti-gematsu jokes... I mean, after all that maddness, people felt like they needed a punching bag.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I found this gif today and immediately thought of @ Weeman Weeman

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hello totally original and made by me new sig! :awesome:
Also guys i know i haven't been here much lately, but has @ Hong Hong gone missing or something? :confused:
Or maybe i should just come here more often
Haven't seen him/her in a while now that you mention it.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
Ephraim has always been one of my top FE characters ever since I saw his crit animation back when i played Sacred Stones in middle school. Ike Sothe and Lethe are up there as well. Lute too, she's just adorable

Hong

The Strongest
Hello totally original and made by me new sig! :awesome:
Also guys i know i haven't been here much lately, but has Hong Hong gone missing or something? :confused:
Or maybe i should just come here more often
I am not a huge fan of Smash 4, so I have stood down as a moderator for this section.

Hong

The Strongest
Damn that sucks
I'm curious though, what don't you like about Smash 4?
Too little gravity
Recovery is too generous
Ledges are too generous
Defensive options are too generous
Movement is too static
Hitstun is too short
Knockback factors are horribly distributed

Bear in mind this is coming from someone who does not have Melee as their favourite entry, and did not necessarily ask for a sequel to Melee. Just don't like how the game feels as a game.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Too little gravity
Recovery is too generous
Ledges are too generous
Movement is too static
Hitstun is too short

Bear in mind this is coming from someone who does not have Melee as their favourite entry, and did not necessarily ask for a sequel to Melee. Just don't like how the game feels as a game.
I see, to each their own I guess
I agree with you on recoveries, knockback factors and defensive options though.
I could write out why but nobody wants to see a text wall

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well, sorry to hear that Hong.

I do admit that recovery is very generous in SSB4, especially how you have to really work for gimps.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
So, I (finally)finished FE:A (doing all supports can take some time. Will probably do the same thing when I start a F!Robin qq) and started FE7 and...this game is way harder than awakening (and has better maps) and I'm sure I still is in "tutorial phase" xD
The character I'm liking the most so far is Matthew, mostly because his personallity is the sticking out the most so far, Lyn is cool too, but I feel there's something missing, maybe more interaction between the characters. It's good enough for now, though.
Still love Robin though, and missing him dearly :sadsheep: I must be obsessed.

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Hahaha, ye, well...I even started to search for Robin images on pixiv :s and I normally do that when I'm very obsessed.
This one is just too cute not to share :v
If anyone knows Japanese please <3

And on a more offtopic note...
People there seem to ship ZeldaxIke an awfully lot. That's...a pretty funny Link 8D

Now I'll go back to FE7, need to finish Lyn's story so I can get out of that tutorial phase :v

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
If anyone knows Japanese please <3
from what I can tell, Robin is trying to teach Pikachu how to use Thoron
the box says, "Pikachu wants to learn Thoron...!"
Robin, from right to left: "So Pikachu, you also want to learn Thoron? Okay, now let's tip the scales!" (it literally means "change the state of the battle", which is roughly the Japanese equivalent to tipping the scales)
and the Phoenix Wright bubble on the left is Chrom shouting "Hold it!"

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Too little gravity
Recovery is too generous
Ledges are too generous
Movement is too static
Hitstun is too short

How odd, I again had started to get used to the game's "system - but I can see where you come from in plenty sections here. A lot things are what I tend to find annoying now and then too.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
While those things are present, I come from the Brawl school for Casual Scum.

Everything in SSB4 is an improvement for me.

I did, however, play a lot of casual 64 and Melee.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
So someone pointed out to me in the new FE trailer that you can see a clock in the dancer's eyes. It's interesting that this is fairly well hidden and most people probably didn't notice it in the trailer.
http://imgur.com/98xvuxV
Do you guys think is of any significance? Maybe this game will also revolve around time travel like Awakening did. Or it's just a cool transition effect and i'm overthinking things as usual lol

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Is it sad that I named the tactician in FE 7 Robin?

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Why hello there everyone. :3

Due to a very special person that I love dearly (Who is most definitely not @Wintropy it is though), I decided to check this thread out and introduce myself. I'm TimidKitsune129, though I prefer just being called Timid. Nice to meet you. :3

So I've been oddly intrigued by Robin ever since I saw her, reason I say odd is because I know next to nothing about the character since I've never played Awakening and I often play characters whom I have prior knowledge of or like outside of Smash. While I often question the implications regarding this most wonderful enigma, one thing is for certain... I love Robin, I love everything about her, the design, the spell books, the tacticiany tactician play-style, it's all so sublime~ >w<

...So yeah, I like playing Robin. :3

Nice to me you all. ^w^
Ah, welcome to our humble social thread, Lady Timid! ^w^ Tis a pleasure to see you amongst us! I hope you enjoy yourself here and become comfortable around your fellow tacticians. To celebrate your arrival, please enjoy this Miiverse post I found today. ^o^

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So someone pointed out to me in the new FE trailer that you can see a clock in the dancer's eyes. It's interesting that this is fairly well hidden and most people probably didn't notice it in the trailer.
Do you guys think is of any significance? Maybe this game will also revolve around time travel like Awakening did. Or it's just a cool transition effect and i'm overthinking things as usual lol
Dancer confirmed Lucina's successor. Exotic eye designs are wild.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
What if that's actually Lucina in her future? I don't play FE so I don't know a lot, I know they said it doesn't follow awakenings timeline(I think they said that)

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
What if that's actually Lucina in her future? I don't play FE so I don't know a lot, I know they said it doesn't follow awakenings timeline(I think they said that)
The blue hair wouldn't make sense....unless...
Chrom X Blue haired F!Robin confirmed!
/sarcasm

Last edited:

TDF_Lewis

Smash Cadet
NNID
TDF_Lewis
3DS FC
4613-7345-1015
First of all, hello everyone, I'm Lewis and I've been lurking around this thread for a while now before actually picking up the courage to write something ^^ I'm a both Robin and Link main and, even though I picked up smash as "brawl scum" and Fire Emblem at Awakening, I've put plenty of hours into both (over 400 in smash 4 so far xD). It's nice to actually post!
So my actual question is: Is the general idea that there will be another Avatar for the new entry in the FE series?

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
The blue hair wouldn't make sense....unless...
Chrom X Blue haired F!Robin confirmed!
Maybe Lucina dyed her hair/change her hair color so the people who would attack her from the future wouldn't get her if they went to the past, or Lucina changed her hair due to making her look more like Marth

also, how the heck do people from the future go to the past? magic? if magic, then cant anyone go back and forth?

First of all, hello everyone, I'm Lewis and I've been lurking around this thread for a while now before actually picking up the courage to write something ^^ I'm a both Robin and Link main and, even though I picked up smash as "brawl scum" and Fire Emblem at Awakening, I've put plenty of hours into both (over 400 in smash 4 so far xD). It's nice to actually post!
So my actual question is: Is the general idea that there will be another Avatar for the new entry in the FE series?
Welcome to smashboards!
Probably, like I said I don't play FE, but the creators might aswell put in a lot of freedom for a character too make a custom character most likely.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Too little gravity
Recovery is too generous
Ledges are too generous
Movement is too static
Hitstun is too short

I wholly agree with everything you have said here.
Although I'd like to note if you were anyone else saying this anywhere else this forum's White knights would probably tear you a new one, and get tons of likes on the process as people don't know who to agree with.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Boy do we have a lot of new tactician around here. Welcome @ TDF_Lewis TDF_Lewis !

As for favorite FE characters (note that I only played Awakening).
Lucina: hot I really love how strongwilled she is yet still caring and senstive.
Gregor: That accent won me over.
Lonqu: I have a thing with silent mysterious swordsman.
Yen'fay: Same as Lonqu. Plus I love his critical hit quotes.
Sumia: she's so adorable and I can sympathize with her.
Gerome: Mainly because he's FE Batman. :p

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I wholly agree with everything you have said here.
Although I'd like to note if you were anyone else saying this anywhere else this forum's White knights would probably tear you a new one, and get tons of likes on the process as people don't know who to agree with.
Yeah. Normally I don't care, though it sucks when somebody attacks me and they get mindlessly dog-piled.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Greetings and welcome, fellow tactician! ^w^ I'm glad you found the courage to post something on Smashboards. I assure you, this social thread is a very welcoming place so I hope you feel more comfortable as you continue to post here. It's quite nice to see such an influx of tacticians. As a way of welcoming you to the social thread, here's a lovely fan drawing for you to enjoy!

Top Bottom