• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
On the topic, I find myself growing quite attached to Ike as I play Path of Radiance.
[collapse="doesn't really hurt to label this as 'spoileroonies'"]
The thing which really got me was something Ike said to Rhyse after his dad died.
Something along the lines of being unable to cry. And then he asks Rhyse to "cry for [him.]"
That really hit me right here.
[/collapse]

Soren and Ike are the characters which have stood out to me the most so far. (Only on Chapter 11)

And watching the tutorials just makes me like Anna more. :4dedede:

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Y'know what's cool? Names. Kamui is a divine being in Ainu mythology and Marx is a German version of Mars, the Roman God of War. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a reference to Bishamonten and/or Kenshin Uesugi.

Kamui apparently are just divine beings meaning they could be a deity of whatever. In this case, Kamui could be a deity of war, warfare, or something else. If Kamui is not the Avatar, but a divine being then it could explain the different forms of Kamui. What if Kamui shapeshifts? What if one version of Kamui is mute? It's all speculation here.

ƒaeyth

Smash Cadet
Good to see new Tactician around the forums. Welcome and I hope that you have a good time with all the stuff that comes here in the Social Forums, a lot of FE talk and now even more because of the new trailer. Also feel free to share your art, that Lucina sketch looks really cool, do you plan on doing something more elaborate with it? I would love to see it.

If you want to see some good Robin plays and matches you you can go to the Robin Video Archive and look for videos of our moderator and main researcher @Raziek, Nairo that's one of the top Robins and also there are good videos of Xzax and Trela.
Also Raziek is doing some Robin training sessions in other thread in this boards so check the other videos of sessions or ask for a session, is really useful.

EDIT: Also if you feel like, join the Skype group for some nice talk and we play a lot of Robin dittos.
Hello and thank you! And thanks everyone for the really warm welcome as well. I'm planning to render out that Lucina sketch as well as do some more artwork FE based. I'll post about it here once they're completed.

Awesome! I'll definitely check them out. Robin plays really different from the other characters I've seen (at least that's my impression) I dislike how slow the character is though.. Is it a big problem against fast/strong characters like Falcon or Fox?

And I'd love to join the Skype group! I don't know who can add me in but PM me so I can give out my Skype.

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
Hector becase the man has to support not only his best friend and his country but his brother and his own country.

Jill is probably my favorite Wyvern rider due to her charcter growth in PoR.

Ike because he's a god killer.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Y'know what's cool? Names. Kamui is a divine being in Ainu mythology and Marx is a German version of Mars, the Roman God of War. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a reference to Bishamonten and/or Kenshin Uesugi.

Kamui apparently are just divine beings meaning they could be a deity of whatever. In this case, Kamui could be a deity of war, warfare, or something else. If Kamui is not the Avatar, but a divine being then it could explain the different forms of Kamui. What if Kamui shapeshifts? What if one version of Kamui is mute? It's all speculation here.
I noticed, and these are good points you're bringing up.
All I got was a Naruto reference from the name o3o
Edit: Found it :3
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Kamui

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Hello and thank you! And thanks everyone for the really warm welcome as well. I'm planning to render out that Lucina sketch as well as do some more artwork FE based. I'll post about it here once they're completed.

Awesome! I'll definitely check them out. Robin plays really different from the other characters I've seen (at least that's my impression) I dislike how slow the character is though.. Is it a big problem against fast/strong characters like Falcon or Fox?

And I'd love to join the Skype group! I don't know who can add me in but PM me so I can give out my Skype.
Ye well, from what I played with Robin, it seems he has some major problems with fast characters.
Some say his worst match ups are Sheik and Diddy.
But well, his character is based around strategy, so it's not impossible to win these guys, because Robin is pretty flexible, imo.
It's funny because I won from my friend who use Diddy, but that may be because he's not the top Diddy around, too.

Btw, your drawings are a beast ;3 continue please <3

Well, I was actually thinking Kamui could be a manakete because of the cutscene with the dancer at the end xD
Didn't go as far as him being able to assume different forms, but that's interesting, too. I'll be sad if there's no Avatar tho :(

Btw, it's just a thought, but maybe this new Fire Emblem game will be Amiibo compatible too? Like, using Ike, Marth, Lucina and Robin's Amiibos in game to get a bonus, just like in Codename S.T.E.A.M?

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I've observed that you gotta get off from their level of "thinking" and just observe how they move in order to get at you in order to choose the best way to strike. Zoning with projectiles can also give a good indication of how they try to approach in order to get a hit on you - for example, if they approach from air, you can just counter with Levin Aerials.

For example, I made a bad mistake with not seeing this when fighting against a Doc always approaching from the air to avoid most of the spells until around half of the battle where I already lost a stock, and it cost me a match.

This varies a plenty though, but remember that the Spell-cials are very good at checking fast movers (Elthunder is too damn reliable, I tell you. Arcfiring has to be moderated due having to see the approaching speed in order to avoid whiffs and thus wasted uses.)

Btw, it's just a thought, but maybe this new Fire Emblem game will be Amiibo compatible too? Like, using Ike, Marth, Lucina and Robin's Amiibos in game to get a bonus, just like in Codename S.T.E.A.M?
I'd say that with about as much percent as Chrom not making any major appearances in anything since Sm4sh, this will be as inevitable.:p

Really now though, they could just import art + stats from Awakening and maybe do originals for Marth and Ike, and there we go. I'd be surprised if this wouldn't happen.

Last edited:

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651

Robin is a character that depends on keeping the opponent at mid range with her projectiles, Arcfire and the Thunder variants are excellent in doing this but you need to use them wisely and not mindless throwing it. But still is harder against fast characters like Sheik or Diddy. Think that in the majority of the cases you're not forced to run and attack them, you can use your projectiles and get the kill with one of the powerful aerials or smashes thanks to the levin sword.

Robin has in her arsenal tons of options, look at the threads that talk about this or you can ask in them for more specific questions. Also for the Skype group there's a thread in the boards or just PM Raziek.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I actually sometime approach with Robin just to screw with people's heads since most players assume Robin will be campy. Naturally, we also still need to know how to use the bronze sword and our grab since characters like Sheik and Diddy will eventually force us in close quarter combat.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So my stepfather arrived earlier with a hand-crafted Falchion for my Chrom cosplay.

It's a big effing hunk of wood and it's sharp as all hell. It feels so satisfying to swing it around, even if my feminine little body looks a bit absurd holding something so enormous and hefty, eheheh~

My go-to guy at local cons usually cosplays the Tactician, so I'll meet up with him and get some cool poses with him~

>w<

ƒaeyth

Smash Cadet
So my stepfather arrived earlier with a hand-crafted Falchion for my Chrom cosplay.

It's a big effing hunk of wood and it's sharp as all hell. It feels so satisfying to swing it around, even if my feminine little body looks a bit absurd holding something so enormous and hefty, eheheh~

My go-to guy at local cons usually cosplays the Tactician, so I'll meet up with him and get some cool poses with him~

>w<
Post a picture of it! I'd love to see it.

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
Why hello there everyone. :3

Due to a very special person that I love dearly (Who is most definitely not @ Wintropy Wintropy it is though), I decided to check this thread out and introduce myself. I'm TimidKitsune129, though I prefer just being called Timid. Nice to meet you. :3

So I've been oddly intrigued by Robin ever since I saw her, reason I say odd is because I know next to nothing about the character since I've never played Awakening and I often play characters whom I have prior knowledge of or like outside of Smash. While I often question the implications regarding this most wonderful enigma, one thing is for certain... I love Robin, I love everything about her, the design, the spell books, the tacticiany tactician play-style, it's all so sublime~ >w<

...So yeah, I like playing Robin. :3

Nice to me you all. ^w^

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Why hello there everyone. :3

Due to a very special person that I love dearly (Who is most definitely not @ Wintropy Wintropy it is though), I decided to check this thread out and introduce myself. I'm TimidKitsune129, though I prefer just being called Timid. Nice to meet you. :3

So I've been oddly intrigued by Robin ever since I saw her, reason I say odd is because I know next to nothing about the character since I've never played Awakening and I often play characters whom I have prior knowledge of or like outside of Smash. While I often question the implications regarding this most wonderful enigma, one thing is for certain... I love Robin, I love everything about her, the design, the spell books, the tacticiany tactician play-style, it's all so sublime~ >w<

...So yeah, I like playing Robin. :3

Nice to me you all. ^w^
Hai fox cub~

Glad you could make it~! <3

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink

>w<
Neat. While very pricey, I'm considering purchasing this for SGC.

http://www.cosplayfu.com/product/Robin+Cosplay+from+Fire+Emblem+Awakening

It looks like this discussion board is getting more people, which is great! T̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶c̶l̶e̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶i̶n̶s̶t̶r̶e̶a̶m̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶.̶

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
You should probably fix that. :p

Anyways, welcome to the Robin community!
I do intend on correcting this most grievous of errors and play Awakening eventually, I've been eager to try it out for a while now actually.There's just one little tiny problem with it...

i don hav a 3DS. ;w;

Oh well, the New 3DS is fast approaching, so maybe I can get the system and buy Awakening then. :3

And thanks for the welcome~ ^w^

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
New tacticians?

Thank God for that Nintendo Direct, It's bringing in the masses!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
We only do that if we can make their children the medieval world equivalent of Captain America.
Well, depends on the child and what you orient them to. You could make Morgan so powerful it'd make Doctor Strange jealous.

Benedict Cumberbatch Strange ;O; DO WANT

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
With all these new tacticians around and both the Robin amiibo and Fire Emblem as a whole getting more spotlight recently, there seems to be more and more love for Robin. I don't even think there was this much love for Robin as a character specifically during the speculation phase of this thread since it seemed support for Robin mainly stemmed from what our favorite tactician can potentially bring in terms of both gameplay and FE representation. Its great. But I suppose that's the Smash bump for you.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
And I don't think it'll stop with Robin. FE14 and the rest, whenever they come out, will almost certainly have a customizable Avatar for the player to create and put into that game's world, especially since Awakening was so popular with newcomers, and they'll all be styled off of Robin's template in a way.

Marth, Ike, and possibly Chrom are main characters. Robin is a legacy.
"Many wrote of Robin's legendary exploits, but accounts of his/her origins and character varied. Scholars, poets, and bards agreed on one thing alone—without Robin, the future would never have been as bright as it is."

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
With all these new tacticians around and both the Robin amiibo and Fire Emblem as a whole getting more spotlight recently, there seems to be more and more love for Robin. I don't even think there was this much love for Robin as a character specifically during the speculation phase of this thread since it seemed support for Robin mainly stemmed from what our favorite tactician can potentially bring in terms of both gameplay and FE representation. Its great. But I suppose that's the Smash bump for you.
True, most support for Robin at the time came from his/her extraordinary potential as a Smash character (especially when compared to Chrom), though there were a number of people, such as myself, who genuinely liked Robin as a character. That number has only grown over time. :estatic:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
False are we ever gonna have our matches? You asked for some the weekend before Christmas and they have yet to happen. :<

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Seeing all these new faces joining the barracks of aspiring tacticians brings tears to my eyes. Our numbers are growing fast which means more bonds to tie us all together to the fate we all love to challenge. It is really nice to see people take up an interest in Robin though, Robin could always use more love.

I also realized that I never mentioned my favorite characters, which is too hard for me so I'd probably list my top three from each game that I've played.

Awakening-
1) Owain. He's funny, great personality, love his antics, and I love that "swordhand" thing he does.
2) Morgan. Morgan is the cute, troublemaking, little girl I always thought I'd love to have whenever I get to having a real S support. Haven't had much experience seeing M!Morgan, but I'm sure I'd like him as much as F!Morgan.
3) Robin. Despite his character being a bit bland when compared to the rest of the characters, Robin shined pretty well in the supports. He shows a lot more character than I thought at first and after playing him in smash, he's really grown on me.

Path of Radiance-
1) Nephenee. She is one of my best units, I love her design, and really she just kicks so much butt whenever she's on the field.
2) Ike. I like Ike for starters that he's not even of royal blood. He's just the son of a great mercenary. He is really strong once he gets promoted, which I like how they tied his promotion to the story. Overall Ike is a great unit, and I like his character.
3) Jill. While I don't care too much for Wyvern knights, Jill really made me appreciate them. While she's not as accurate as my other flying units like Marcia or Tanith, she makes up for it by being a bit more durable. I enjoyed her supports with Mist and her whole story/development was sweet.

Fire Emblem 7
1) Lyn. I know it's pretty typical, but Lyn was a character I got attached to. I won't lie though, I didn't really care about her that much until the end of her story arc where she sees you off for your next journey. She was a great unit... as long as she didn't get hit more than two times.
2) Matthew. I can't quite explain why I like Matthew other than the fact that he just is really cool. He also suffers like Lyn and can't take very many hits, but he's pretty good at dodging them. He's
3) Hector. I like the buddy-buddy relationship he's got with Eliwood. I love his attack animations. Overall he's a great character, but haven't attached to him as much as Lyn since I've yet to finish the game.

Sacred Stones-
1) Ephraim. I love his whole "I don't fight battles that I can't win" attitude. Loved that the first mission you play with him is launching an attack on the enemy's stronghold castle with very few numbers just because "the enemy won't expect it."
2) Neime. She's got a cute design and I can't get over the fact that archers feel much more useful in older games compared to Awakening. Archers are one of my favorite classes outside of wyvern knights.
3)Seth. Seth seems like Fredrick but less interested in campfires. He's always at his service for Erika, a really strong unit at the beginning of the game, and just a likable guy who's really helpful. I liked his design and he's saved my butts even though I know I shouldn't use him much.

After talking about these characters, I've developed a desire to go play these older FE games. The thing is I don't know which one to play ;-;
I'll probably play PoR since I'm almost finished with it. I think I only have like 4 or 5 more chapters. That and I'll probably go straight to Smash 4 after that and then I could at least play a character from the respective FE game I just played.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I do intend on correcting this most grievous of errors and play Awakening eventually, I've been eager to try it out for a while now actually.There's just one little tiny problem with it...

i don hav a 3DS. ;w;

Oh well, the New 3DS is fast approaching, so maybe I can get the system and buy Awakening then. :3

And thanks for the welcome~ ^w^
Do get FE7 (Fire Emblem) from Wii U VC then, it also (if not in some ways better) a good starting point to hop into FE-games.

"Many wrote of Robin's legendary exploits, but accounts of his/her origins and character varied. Scholars, poets, and bards agreed on one thing alone—without Robin, the future would never have been as bright as it is."
Hilariously enough the quote above ya is something I don't entirely wish to happen as I'm not really liking the idea of FE becoming again centered on the player as the main character (because Nintendo's done that with plenty other IPs that are also succesful). In fact, FE felt like a fresh breath of air because it not having what is a silent protagonists or player-based avatar protagonists, and on top, didn't necessarily push the main character(s) over the rest (something Awakening did kinda badly IMO compared to other games of FE)

So with Avatar-concept trying to perhaps take that away due his popularity from I.S's view, I might not feel entirely fond of FE's current direction because it will lose something special over Nintendo's other games of similar genre. We'd never have games entirely based on the cast of it's own instead of player character possibly being their focus or even overshadowing them depending on the quality or direction of the plot and writing.

Just my views on this, if you may.

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
Favorite Characters? I've posted my impressions once, but it's rather long ago so maybe I should post my current favorites: I like Erk, Hector, Canas, Pent, Athos, Nergal, Ephraim, Tana, Ewan, Knoll, Lyon, Chrom, Robin (Male), Lissa, Frederick, Virion, Vaike, Sumia, Henry, Owain, Yarne, Gerome, Laurent, Gangrel, Walhart, and Priam.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
False are we ever gonna have our matches? You asked for some the weekend before Christmas and they have yet to happen. :<
Sorry, I had to return to classes and I've had very little time to spare. I should have time this weekend if you want to play still.

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice
Favorite characters?
Well, like a lot of people, I've only played Awakening (Series veterans hate on me! Yay!), so in no particular order:
Owain
Stahl
Laurent
Morgan
Henry
Lissa

And Robin and Lucina will always have that special little space in my heart...

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
What unspeakable abomination is that
The one that commands that little annoying pest called Luma.

Really nice to see some new faces, the barracks are filling with new tacticians and new comrades. The last direct really brought the spotlight to Fire Emblem. Also I think is good that we're getting more feminine representation. Welcome you all to the Robin boards and remember to tip the scales while you play.

Top Bottom