• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The regulars here already are aware, but for the new recruits, I'm the resident Chrom fan. :p You know, the one that's the butt of all the "Chrom's not in" jokes. *sobs*

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Hello everyone..!
I'm new to smash and these boards, it's a pleasure meeting you all :D

I'm interested in playing Robin in smash.. But mostly because of my new found obsession of Fire Emblem because I had recently got and beat Awakening. also haven't heard of the new game coming out until recently because of me lurking here LOL. I also draw anime stuff and I'm looking at making a piece of FE soon.

But yeah, here's to being friendly and hello!
Hello, salutations, greetings, bonjour, fáilte, welcome, hi, salut, buenos dias, hola, salvat, howdy~!

Call me dumb but I realize that we're slowly getting more female tacticians here. Which is nice.

:cheep:
And me.

:3

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Might be a question with a clear answer but does anyone know if the new Fire Emblem is N3DS only?

I got an XL recently to replace my four year old 3DS that was on its last legs so that would suck if it was.

That's a pretty damn cool trailer. Still looking forward to getting into the series in the near future.

That music tho.

Last edited:

timetotipthescales

Smash Cadet
NNID
bloodofgrima
To be honest, when I first saw the cool cinematic of the two sides fighting, I was joking thinking to myself "It's totally Wii U Fire Emblem," as a complete joke but I was half-right.

Also, I'm somewhat relieved that the designs have been a bit toned down from Awakening's rather... overt themes. Also, FEET.

I'm almost indefinitely waiting on buying a New Nintendo 3DS XL until a special Fire Emblem limited edition comes out, since I've never played Monster Hunter and I feel like I'd get bored of the solid red or black too easily.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I went online with Ike and after the first match I won, my opponent went Ike as well so I got to have a good dozen Ike dittos with him. My Ike felt the need to tell me every time he won that he "fights for his friends." It wouldn't have been so bad if he didn't do it for literally 6 matches in a row.
Ike is really fun and satisfying to use. Though now I can't help but wonder what his friends did when he got the Smash invite. :4myfriends:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I'm almost indefinitely waiting on buying a New Nintendo 3DS XL until a special Fire Emblem limited edition comes out, since I've never played Monster Hunter and I feel like I'd get bored of the solid red or black too easily.
Unfortunately, the New 3DS model that has swappable faceplates has not been confirmed for the US yet so you can't just change them when you find something you like. Would have loved to see what a fire emblem faceplate might look like. I wonder why only New 3DS XL has been confirmed for the US so far?

ChibiValshe

Hold your breath with me
3DS FC
2723-9690-1869
Unfortunately, the New 3DS model that has swappable faceplates has not been confirmed for the US yet so you can't just change them when you find something you like. Would have loved to see what a fire emblem faceplate might look like. I wonder why only New 3DS XL has been confirmed for the US so far?
Lucina faceplate pls.:4lucina:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Wow! It's been a while since I last posted on this thread. Life sure does love to get in the way it seems. :p Oh well, I'm here now! ^w^

Hello everyone..!

I'm interested in playing Robin in smash.. But mostly because of my new found obsession of Fire Emblem because I had recently got and beat Awakening. also haven't heard of the new game coming out until recently because of me lurking here LOL. I also draw anime stuff and I'm looking at making a piece of FE soon.

Greetings and welcome, fellow tactician! :happysheep: It's always a pleasure to see more female representation within our humble social thread, and an artist as well! You'll fit right in with the rest of us, I'm sure of it! ^_^

So....I guess I should give my thoughts on the FE specific information that came from today's Nintendo Direct.

First off, HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!! :eek: That new FE trailer looked AMAZING!!! I absolutely LOVE the Asian influences mixed in, as well as the promise of more impactful choices during your adventure. I am most defiantly purchasing that game the day it comes out.
As for the Amiibo's of Robin and Lucina, YESSSSSS!!!! FINALLY!!!!! Ahem............they do indeed look very well made from what I can tell and quite detailed too. And then there's the FE Amiibo support for Codename S.T.E.A.M. I was already sold on the game when it was announced, but this just seals the deal even more. Seriously, the amount of FE content this year is rather incredible and I'm sure that's due from Awakening's major success and popularity no doubt. Here's hoping we get some new info this year on SMTxFE so we can make this truly the year of FE. :chuckle:

Centicerise

Smash Cadet
NNID
harubanana732
The prospect of moral ambiguity is an enticing one. I would very much like to see more moral dichotomies like the one in Awakening presented when fighting Mustafa after a certain character's public sacrifice. It's powerful when you must continue fighting on even when you know both sides are human hearts that wish to discontinue the massacre. Nobody wants to fight you, but as the player you push ahead and slaughter them anyways...

Here's to hoping the new game will contain poignant and bittersweet moments like the "Don't Speak her Name" Map.

cyberspyXD

Smash Rookie
NNID
cyberspyXD
3DS FC
0001-3542-4807
If Kamui (the supposed avatar character) really is a lord according to some theories, that would be really interesting huh. The evil looking dude that was talking to the guy with white hair (Kamui according to some) called him a prince.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
It seems that everyday we keep getting new tacticians in the barracks.

Welcome to the Robin forum, fayeth! We get along with each other pretty well here, and we'd be honored to help you get better at Smash whenever you feel like it.

So, out of 1 to 10 how much would you say you're hyped for the new Fire Emblem game?

Last edited:

ƒaeyth

Smash Cadet
It seems that everyday we keep getting new tacticians in the barracks.

Welcome to the Robin forum, fayeth! We get along with each other pretty well here, and we'd be honored to help you get better at Smash whenever you feel like it.

So, out of 1 to 10 how much would you say you're hyped for the new Fire Emblem game?
Hm... I don't know actually! I haven't even watched the trailers quite yet (found out about it on this forum while on phone, and phone isn't the best at looking at new game hype) I literally just finished awakening yesterday but holy hell I'd LOVE to play another.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So I was going back through the cut scenes of the past 3 FE games and I gotta say, I forgot how epic and how much I love the Radiant Dawn complete intro. Too bad it's not the most popular FE, this is the best I could find after all...

Hacksorus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hacksorus
3DS FC
2664-2171-8516
So I was going back through the cut scenes of the past 3 FE games and I gotta say, I forgot how epic and how much I love the Radiant Dawn complete intro. Too bad it's not the most popular FE, this is the best I could find after all...
Yeah, Radiant Dawn intro is incredible. The cutscenes in general are really cool in both games, despite having incredibly bad voice acting.

And then there's this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ie8FZXEM0I

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice
Always great to have more new tacticians!

With FE15 coming out sometime this year, I figure there's room for one or two more good art dumps. I have no life. Here goes:
ylisses_future_by_bakaarts-d7ufoaa.jpg
morgan_fighting_by_katarinanoneko-d7q0edv.jpg
a_night_at_freddy_bears_p_2_by_mana2348-d7xbznv.jpg

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Considering Wii Vc is now a thing, I don't think Radiant Dawn being a scarce commodity will be an issue any longer in the near future. With all the love Fire Emblem is getting this year already, with FE14, STEAM DLC, and the TCG revival of all things, I'll be surprised if Radiant Dawn misses out on the VC train.

kinda makes the recent reprints of the game meaningless, doesn't it?

ƒaeyth

Smash Cadet
Oh right, I'm sure you guys haven't seen this (unless you've hardcore stalked me) I sketched out this picture of Lucina that I posted on the Lucina forums, I thought you guys would appreciate seeing it:

Oh also, does anyone know of some good Robin players in Smash4? I want to watch some matches of what they do and study up *^*

Last edited:

cyberspyXD

Smash Rookie
NNID
cyberspyXD
3DS FC
0001-3542-4807

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
Hello everyone..!

Welcome person whose avatar looks like a scary combination of Sylveon and Junko from DanganRonpa.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Oh right, I'm sure you guys haven't seen this (unless you've hardcore stalked me) I sketched out this picture of Lucina that I posted on the Lucina forums, I thought you guys would appreciate seeing it:

Oh also, does anyone know of some good Robin players in Smash4? I want to watch some matches of what they do and study up *^*
I can't draw even remotely good. It's good to know fine artists in here.
Welcome!

D

Deleted member

10/10 3DS game of the year.
If it comes out this year, then it will have to compete with Xenoblade Chronicles: X!

Whoa! That is one amazing Lucina! I am really jealous of your art skills!

As for good Robin players, I recommend that you talk to @Raziek as he is a good Robin.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Jesus.

I'm jealous of that sketching skill :sadsheep:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hello everyone..!

Yo-yoo! I'm really sure you'll be more than home with us here, and welcome aboard!

Yo.

Favorite FE Character? :3

I am the resident Nah worshipper.~
Lissa runs pretty far as my no.1. Her presence and personality brings a big smile on my face. I really hope she'd show up more in FE-related media (like SMT X FE if it's not dead) Gaius and Stahl follow after.

Lucina is rather intriguing character on her own right and I like her story side from Awakening more than the main one (Future Past). Wish I could also call her my fave but again I'm afraid I'm just going to drown into the crowd of many fans that gush over her in means of less deep topics regarding her overall. Consider me a "silent" fan.

Robin is also difficult to label as "favorite-favorite", because I mostly got acquainted with him through Smash and don't really believe I have true affinity to him as a fan due not being able to relate him to the game he's from (Awakening) due being me being the MU there.
I mean, I really dig the fella via his personality and struggles (and looks :p) but I'd say he has become more of a sentient reflection of my experiences and favorite things regarding FE in general (from FE7 to Awakening before Sm4sh and enjoying magic, plus other things). Not to mention I share some personality traits and such with him. I rather prefer him that way, really.

It's bit like what I once said about May in my 3rd Gen-games, as she's basically the guide, the gateway girl to let me experience PKMN first time and thus been a "partner" by her own right. Robin's pretty much same, a "partner" letting me gateway into world of Fire Emblem.

The regulars here already are aware, but for the new recruits, I'm the resident Chrom fan. :p You know, the one that's the butt of all the "Chrom's not in" jokes. *sobs*
I again gave up being his fan as it was becoming a plain bore and filled with sociopathist misery. I've found some more better characters to becomes fans with. *Glances at his avatar*

You must be quite a veteran to do that clean thumbnail sketching underneath!

Last edited:

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
Oh right, I'm sure you guys haven't seen this (unless you've hardcore stalked me) I sketched out this picture of Lucina that I posted on the Lucina forums, I thought you guys would appreciate seeing it.

Good to see new Tactician around the forums. Welcome and I hope that you have a good time with all the stuff that comes here in the Social Forums, a lot of FE talk and now even more because of the new trailer. Also feel free to share your art, that Lucina sketch looks really cool, do you plan on doing something more elaborate with it? I would love to see it.

If you want to see some good Robin plays and matches you you can go to the Robin Video Archive and look for videos of our moderator and main researcher @Raziek, Nairo that's one of the top Robins and also there are good videos of Xzax and Trela.
Also Raziek is doing some Robin training sessions in other thread in this boards so check the other videos of sessions or ask for a session, is really useful.

EDIT: Also if you feel like, join the Skype group for some nice talk and we play a lot of Robin dittos.

Last edited:

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
hullo Robin boards, I finally bit the bullet and bought a wii-u/sm4sh after agonizing over the decision for a while. I was torn because my beloved wolf wasn't included but my love for all things Fire Emblem and my curiosity towards the Villager finally won me over.
Used to play melee/brawl religiously and hung around the tournie scene when i could but sadly work and life cut deep into my free time and I stopped for a while. Feels good to be back and so far i'm adoring robin and sm4sh in general.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Favourite Fire Emblem characters?

Chrom. He's handsome, kind, strong, brave and represents everything I love about heroes and the good in man's heart. He's a loyal husband, loving father, adoring brother and wondrous leader. I would follow him to the ends of the earth and beyond. Next to Pit, he's my all-time favourite Nintendo hero, and a true gentleman and a hero whom I strive to emulate.

Lucina. She's androgynous like me and fights for what she believes in, doing what she knows to be right whilst setting aside time for her friends and family. She's also utterly adorable. A sweetheart and a hero in equal measure, and a character I can identify with and relate to on a deep, emotional level.

Henry. He's utterly insane and hilarious, yet has a sense of childlike innocence and ineffable tragedy about him. He's the darkness in the hearts of all living things, silent and deadly, yet he shows that even darkness can have a good time; moreover, he embodies the principles that good isn't always nice, and dark isn't always evil.

Nergal. He's among my favourite fictional villains, a scheming and amoral mastermind who regards the world and its inhabitants as mere playthings, fleshen tools with which he can work to exact his superhuman will. His philosophy is twisted and violent to its core, yet possessed of a certain sense of mad, nihilistic truth, and he has a profound sense of reason to his insanity. He also has a kick-ass battle theme.

Dozla. He's ****ing hilarious and has an adorable relationship with L'Arachel and Rennac, plus he was always one of my favourite characters from when my brother first got into Fire Emblem.

Kamui. We've only known about them for a day and already I love everything about them and want to hold them and cuddle them and be protected and saved by them forever and ever and ever and ever and ever.

Tiki. Beautiful, elegant, graceful and capable of holding her own, physically and emotionally, she is a paragon of virtue and a figure of immense fascination to me. The pair-up battles I've had with her in Awakening are nothing short of legendary and she'll always have a special place in my heart because of that. And she transforms into a dragon and has nice, shiny hair. I love her, she's just wonderful.

Anna. Savvy, stylish, cunning and adorable, she's the perfect example of a joke character done brilliantly. You'd never expect the recurring merchant, of all things, to be a playable character - much less that she'd be pretty vicious in battle to boot! Charisma goes a long way, and Anna has it in spades. One of my favourite characters in any media, full stop.

Last edited:
hullo Robin boards, I finally bit the bullet and bought a wii-u/sm4sh after agonizing over the decision for a while. I was torn because my beloved wolf wasn't included but my love for all things Fire Emblem and my curiosity towards the Villager finally won me over.
Used to play melee/brawl religiously and hung around the tournie scene when i could but sadly work and life cut deep into my free time and I stopped for a while. Feels good to be back and so far i'm adoring robin and sm4sh in general.
Hello! :D

I know how you feel especially since I mained Snake (and when they completely destroyed Link on his transition from Melee to Brawl), and I had to quit for a while because I had priorities. Luckily, I played Xenoblade last minute then found out Shulk was in so I used him. Also, I found Robin fun to use on the spot.

Anyway, Lucina/Mopcina is my favorite FE character but that may change when the new FE comes out. Irrelucina might be a thing (Zelda boards have done too much to my mental state)

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
Favourite Fire Emblem characters?
For me it would be Female MU all the way, a I love the way she is in FE and Smash. I like the fact that she's the tactician and makes the strategies, she's analytic and cares about his friends and comrades. Also she's like the voice of reason for Chrom and even Lucina. Besides she have his feminine part and sometimes she can be really cute (especially in Smash).

Sumia is also other one of my favorites, she's clumsy and she's sometimes in other world. Also I love the fact that she gains the hearts of the people by making food. Tharja is other one but because she makes me laugh with his support and his stalker habits.

Gaius: you can make him with anything that have sugar, even change his side to yours.

Also I find funny how Chrom doesn't get a lot of things. Married him to Female MU and I love how you see the warrior that fights against the mad king, the one that have a sense of duty and the future exalt to have so much trouble talking to her in the last supports.

I have only played Awakening so I can't say much about the past characters.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Let's see... Favorite FE friends...

For Awakening, F!Robin and Lucina are kinda no-brainers. I got interested in them initially through Smash, but after they were announced I went back and played Awakening and I indeed loved both of their characters. Not too many other units stood out to me in that game other than Libra and Gaius. I simply think Gaius is cute and I enjoy his design, but for Libra I actually really like his character for the most part and I relate to him through his androgyny and gentle demeanor.

In PoR/RD, Ike is another no-brainer. He's just an all-around great guy. I absolutely love Soren as well, and his character arc through Ike's supports felt so real and endearing to me. I also find Heather adorable and hilarious, and PoR!Sothe is likewise adorable, if weirdly pointless in that game. I didn't even care that he couldn't promote, I used him anyways. XP

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Favorite FE guys are unquestionably Robin/Lucina, since it's because of their influence that I got Awakening in the first place.

Though I'll give points to both Morgans, Cherche, Nah, and Laurent.

:happysheep:

Last edited:

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
My favorite characters are:

Soren
Ike
Jill
Haar
Shinon
Nephenee
Naesala
Oliver
Black Knight
Shiida
Tiki
Lucina
Owain
Brady
Nah
Cynthia
Donnell
Gaius
Gangrel

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Well, since everyone is listing their favorites oO

Females:
-Cherche: She's probably the female characters that I liked the most, I really like her agressive-passive personallity <3 and her supports with Virion were just hilarious
I hate her supports with M!Robin, though :( It's all about dragons and then PUFF! they get married oO so tasteless. And I was really deceptioned too, because I was looking forward to M!RobinxCherche, but then I saw it was a bad idea. Good thing I saved before I got to the S-support.
-Olivia: God, she's just so cute oO sometimes I just want to hug her, and I thought the dancer class was a intesting idea too. -Really- loved the supports between her and M!Robin, too.
-Say'ri: She's a bad*** princess of some Asian country who had her share of hardships. There's no way I can't like her.

Males:
M!Robin I already explained. (and well, sorry for the F!Robin fans, but I view him as male ^^' It's difficult to get out of my first impression of him)
Gaius: bad*** thief=check, fanatic about nicknames=check, funny=check, sweet:troll:=check. His supports with Maribelle are pretty interesting, too, personallity-wise.
Stahl: He's pretty normal and average (in all senses, even on combat. that's...refreshing in this game) :) and I actually like that about him. Also, such a sweet personallity <3

And well, I don't particulary care about the children units, but honorable metions go to Morgan and Owain.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
If I had to pick favorites it'd be
Say'ri not only because she shares my birth-week, because she's devoted to giving back to her people. She's just a strong person overall

Inigo cause he is the most like personality wise

I don't know much about Kamui yet, but the name alone is awesome.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Nah. I love her to death, and her morgan is the immortal uber dragon!
She has a cute design and an good personality, I fell compeletly for her~

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As far as my other favorites?

Chrom
Robin
Tiki
Marth (he was my first introduction to the series, after all :p )
Stahl
Kellam
Olivia
Cordelia
Donnel
Laurent

Most of my favorites are from Awakening. :p

Top Bottom