• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I was shocked when Marth started shouting English.

But that special attack.. :laugh:

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
The only way I'd be satisfied with Marth speaking English is if it was his Japanese voice actor attempting to read English lines. :4dedede:

I'd still stick with Japanese, though, given the option since that's just how I've grown up with Marth.
Though, since I'm learning Japanese, the whole "not knowing what he's saying" thing won't be an issue for me eventually.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I highly doubt Marth will ever talk English in Smash... after all, the had both Brawl AND Smash 4 to make the concious decision to give him an english VA, and the still didn't take the opportunity.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Okay so I'm after rewatching the trailer some more and here's my analysis of it.

- Based on the opening sequence, it seems that there is indeed an "East vs West" motif to the game. Notice the samurai-esque warriors fighting with the round-helmed soldiers reminiscent of Ylissean knights.

- The golem seems to be a special unit of the "West" faction. Presumably the "East" faction will have similar monster units, possibly even the giant berserker thing that the blonde-haired Lord is seen fighting later on.

- The dancer girl seems to be in the court of a noble figure, and she doesn't look like she's dancing of her own volition. Considering the black clothing and faraway look, it seems as though she's either being coerced into it as a slave or is being brainwashed by some evil force.

- It seems like you do indeed choose your preferred faction, as in alternating scenes, we see the "East" faction as the player units and the "West" factions as the enemy units and vice-versa.

- Classes seem to be shared between both factions, with stylistic differences depending on which side you pick.

- Kamui seems to be the Avatar figure of this game, judging by the comparisons between the white-haired figure in the dialogue scene and the faceless effigy embracing the dancer girl later on in the trailer.

- Judging by the floating islands and what appear to be rifts in space, maybe there's a sort of "world-linking" feature here? Maybe the dancer girl is the key to crossing dimensions? This could be the foundations of a "child" system, wherein the new units appear from another world. Hell, maybe these two factions are from different worlds as opposed to merely different continents.

- The scene later on in the trailer with the dancer girl falling underwater is very, very interesting. She seems to be embraced by some sort of a white dragon figure, which then transforms into a faceless figure as she falls away. The faceless figure may represent Kamui, as it's a faceless avatar figure, and Kamui doesn't seem to have a hood or any other means of shrouding their face. Possibly there's some sort of a thematic link here between Kamui and the dancer? Maybe she's the dragon in human form, or maybe she's related to it, as Robin is to Grima? Since the dragon seems to become Kamui's spirit, maybe they're one and the same, in the same way that Robin is the same soul as Grima?

- The blue medallion the dancer is wearing is definitely the Fire Emblem. She seems to be the "big good" of the story and is presumably the link between the two factions and a huge part of the plot.

- Since we see the two Lords fighting, it's likely that the enemy leader is whichever Lord opposes the faction you chose. Presumably they'll have to fight in the story and will probably become allies later on.

- No indication of any overarching villain yet. Maybe the dancer is really the villain and we're not aware of that yet?

This is all just speculation and conjecture, of course. I'm sure more details will emerge in due time, but until then, it's fun to see what we've got and theories how the game will turn out.

ChibiValshe

Hold your breath with me
3DS FC
2723-9690-1869
HYPE HYPE HYPE!

Though I am hoping we get supports back. I really liked those.:b:

Same-sex marriage plz? I'm still sore about not being able to marry Lucina as FeMU...

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Okay so I'm after rewatching the trailer some more and here's my analysis of it.

- Based on the opening sequence, it seems that there is indeed an "East vs West" motif to the game. Notice the samurai-esque warriors fighting with the round-helmed soldiers reminiscent of Ylissean knights.

- The golem seems to be a special unit of the "West" faction. Presumably the "East" faction will have similar monster units, possibly even the giant berserker thing that the blonde-haired Lord is seen fighting later on.

- The dancer girl seems to be in the court of a noble figure, and she doesn't look like she's dancing of her own volition. Considering the black clothing and faraway look, it seems as though she's either being coerced into it as a slave or is being brainwashed by some evil force.

- It seems like you do indeed choose your preferred faction, as in alternating scenes, we see the "East" faction as the player units and the "West" factions as the enemy units and vice-versa.

- Classes seem to be shared between both factions, with stylistic differences depending on which side you pick.

- Kamui seems to be the Avatar figure of this game, judging by the comparisons between the white-haired figure in the dialogue scene and the faceless effigy embracing the dancer girl later on in the trailer.

- Judging by the floating islands and what appear to be rifts in space, maybe there's a sort of "world-linking" feature here? Maybe the dancer girl is the key to crossing dimensions? This could be the foundations of a "child" system, wherein the new units appear from another world. Hell, maybe these two factions are from different worlds as opposed to merely different continents.

- The scene later on in the trailer with the dancer girl falling underwater is very, very interesting. She seems to be embraced by some sort of a white dragon figure, which then transforms into a faceless figure as she falls away. The faceless figure may represent Kamui, as it's a faceless avatar figure, and Kamui doesn't seem to have a hood or any other means of shrouding their face. Possibly there's some sort of a thematic link here between Kamui and the dancer? Maybe she's the dragon in human form, or maybe she's related to it, as Robin is to Grima? Since the dragon seems to become Kamui's spirit, maybe they're one and the same, in the same way that Robin is the same soul as Grima?

- The blue medallion the dancer is wearing is definitely the Fire Emblem. She seems to be the "big good" of the story and is presumably the link between the two factions and a huge part of the plot.

- Since we see the two Lords fighting, it's likely that the enemy leader is whichever Lord opposes the faction you chose. Presumably they'll have to fight in the story and will probably become allies later on.

- No indication of any overarching villain yet. Maybe the dancer is really the villain and we're not aware of that yet?

This is all just speculation and conjecture, of course. I'm sure more details will emerge in due time, but until then, it's fun to see what we've got and theories how the game will turn out.
Damn, I wanted to do an analysis!
I'm excited to see if there are exclusive characters that join the main party depending on the side you choose (they might make some party members enemy units first if they were to later switch sides). This game needs a proper villain after Awakening fuddled with Gangrel, Walhart, and (vomits a little) Validar.

I'm interested to see the direction IS plans to go with this game.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Just rewatched the trailer to think about Wintropy's analysis and I didn't even pay attention to the music during the direct, but wow it's extremely awesome. Especially during that mysterious underwater part. Kinda reminds me of Id Purpose with how the background vocals are in a foreign language.

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Same-sex marriage in Fire Emblem when~?

Such wonderful frilly waifubait~
Hohoho~I didn't mean that~~but there's plenty of shipable material for that
Well, seriously, I don't think this game will have same-sex marriage yet, since it's still a big thing, but who knows?

Joining the hype party since I'm done with school for the day. I ended up watching the direct in my school's cafe area, and I had to compress the urge to express my hype so hard. Now that I'm back at my home I can unless my excitement back like when Robin got revealed for Smash 4.

I'm loving the new art style with it being heavily influenced by eastern/feudal Japan. I really love the instant transmission from the unit map to the battlefield when engaging the enemy. I'm so happy to be a part of the FE community when a game is being announced, I really feel like I'm a part of something special.
What makes it even more special, imo, is the fact that FE was gonna die off and I was never going to find this wonderful game and my new husbando, but it had an admirable recovery, first with Awakening, then with all these FE characters in SSB and now this new game. Let's hope the new game make this series even more popular.
Now, everyone, hug <3

Hm, at first I thought the Golem was some kind of Grima boss, but now that you mention it, ye, could be use of ancient magic that created the Golem, that is now being used in the war? I know in awakening giant Golems weren't exactly commom :v
So, the use of these criatures could be a big thing to the plot and to the war.
Also, you said something about we needing the big baddie, maybe the real villain comes out of the abuse of this kind of power? It's sure is shown as a big deal in the trailer...
Or I'm just dreaming too high.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
These things have already been said a bajillion time but I'm digging the art and setting direction of the new FE, especially with the East vs West conflict present in the trailer. Also, it seems you can actually get decent mileage with the Robin amiibo with Smash Bros, Code Steam (which I admittedly had zero interest until now), and presumably the new FE.

Female Robin amiibo where?

Elezir

These things have already been said a bajillion time but I'm digging the art and setting direction of the new FE, especially with the East vs West conflict present in the trailer. Also, it seems you can actually get decent mileage with the Robin amiibo with Smash Bros, Code Steam (which I admittedly had zero interest until now), and presumably the new FE.

Female Robin amiibo where?
Well...you could always put a wig on Robin, I suppose...? :v

Seriously, now, if enough fans demand, I suppose they can make an exclusive version for F!Robin? (That way they would HAVE to make F!Villager and M!WTF as well, though, otherwise that would be unfair to their fanbases. Guess it explains why they decided not make the female then.)
Nintendo already having problems with demand for Amiibos right now :s Think they don't want to have even more work for gender swaps.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Hohoho~I didn't mean that~~but there's plenty of shipable material for that
Well, seriously, I don't think this game will have same-sex marriage yet, since it's still a big thing, but who knows?
Yeah, it'd be a big step for Nintendo and rustle a lot of jimmies, but they'd be jimmies well rustled methinks.

It'd also do wonders for Ninty's image if they could say "we're cool and open-minded". I'd rather they not necessarily use LGBT rights as a token to prove their market value and all, but being in a legit same-sex relationship as I am, I'd love to have that option in mah vidya as well. Mah beautiful, beautiful waifu~ <3

What makes it even more special, imo, is the fact that FF was gonna die off and I was never going to find this wonderful game and my new husbando, but it had an admirable recovery, first with Awakening, then with all these FE characters in SSB and now this new game. Let's hope the new game make this series even more popular.
Now, everyone, hug <3
Holy **** yeah I had honestly forgotten about that.

Fire Emblem is going from strength to strength and it's nothing short of a miracle that we're all here discussing it right here and right now.

Huzzah for savvy consumers and dedicated developers!

*Hugs*

Hm, at first I thought the Golem was some kind of Grima boss, but now that you mention it, ye, could be use of ancient magic that created the Golem, that is now being used in the war? I know in awakening giant Golems weren't exactly commom :v
So, the use of these criatures could be a big thing to the plot and to the war.
Also, you said something about we needing the big baddie, maybe the real villain comes out of the abuse of this kind of power? It's sure is shown as a big deal in the trailer...
Or I'm just dreaming too high.
It'd be a nice throwback to The Sacred Stones, methinks, which had monsters as regular enemy units. I think it could function like that, similar to how the Entombed and Revenants in Awakening work.

I'm thinking the villain is gonna appear as somebody who's orchestrating or at least profiting from the war between the nations. I think it'd be cool if both nations allied themselves in the end to fight against a common threat.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
...Reach for the sky, how many of you thought the New Fire Emblem trailer was SMT x FE?

I know I did!

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I didn't know what to expect from that new trailer. At first, I thought it was some medieval warfare game that wasn't FE, until I saw the Pegasus Knight come in, which all but confirmed in my mind that it was a new Fire Emblem.

But when I saw the Golem stomp in, my mind just lost it for a brief moment. "Was Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem ported over to the 3DS?!"

So now I'm left scratching my head over whether this new game will be related to Awakening or not.

Elezir

Well, not really. I've known the Shin Megami Tensei series for a long time, and since they didn't show any memorable demon/chracters from the series on the first minute, I knew it couldn't be. (Believe me, that Golem is, in no way, a SMT demon. Also, if they were going to show any SMT demons, it would be Jack Frost)

At first I thought it was some medieval game, ye, even though the style looked kinda familiar to me. I just got that it was a FE game when the pegasus appeared.
The "If" title got me kinda confused tho (as some already mentioned here, there's a SMT game called "If"), but thats probably just a coincidence. If it really was the crossover they would show Persona/Devil Survivor/Devil Summoner/Nocturne/etc characters right off the bat.
but ye, I dunno what happened to that crossover. Just hoping it didn't hit on some copyright problems :s

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Ye gods I'm watching the Direct again and for a second I thought F!Kamui was wielding the Falchion.

DON'T DO THIS TO MY POOR LITTLE HEART NINTENDO.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
- The scene later on in the trailer with the dancer girl falling underwater is very, very interesting. She seems to be embraced by some sort of a white dragon figure, which then transforms into a faceless figure as she falls away. The faceless figure may represent Kamui, as it's a faceless avatar figure, and Kamui doesn't seem to have a hood or any other means of shrouding their face.
....Embraced?

She's in a goddamn chokehold

If this really is Kamui, then holy ****, he's got some inner demons in him.

Last edited:

Elezir

It isn't. That was one of the first things Iwata said. Except for this of course:
And believe me: I'm so damn happy because of that.
Really, one of my biggest fears was IntSys thinking FE:A was milk worth because it became popular.
It would be FFXIII all over again :(

....Embraced?

She's in a goddamn chokehold

If this really is Kamui, then holy ****, he's got some inner demons in him.
Welp. It's "Grima" bussiness again?
Some kind of ancient power taking over the Avatar? aw no, they can't use this kind of plot again ): hope it's not it....well, if they do use this kind of plot device again, then be more original.

D

Deleted member

Gimme.
That is all I can say about the new FE game.
...OK, OK! I will say more!
At first, I thought it was SMT X FE, but it was a whole new game! The game looks like it improves Awakening with its battle system and it looks like there will be new weapons. I think that they can add old elements that were oddly absent, like the magic triangle with anima, dark, and light. I think they could also tone down the Pair-Up mechanic as that is very overpowered in Awakening. I just hope that they keep some features from Awakening, like the over world and the Tactician (but that seems to be hinted at here).
The game looks very interesting as there seems to be an Eastern vs. Western type affair here. Is it possible that we choose which side we are on? Also, that dancer reminds me of Lucina, but I doubt they are one and the same.

I'm pretty hyped for this game and I hope that it will bring an experience that is just as good as, if not better, than Awakening! I actually found this and Xenoblade Chronicles: X to be the highlights of the Direct. In fact, I'm currently listening to Id~Purpose right now...
TIME TO TIP THE SCALES IN THE WHOLE NEW LAND! (and perhaps ship even more people!)

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
You know what this game needs, badass mother****ing thieves!
Edit: I almost forgot my homie, Volke.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
So what did you guys think about that new FE trailer?, i'm hoping for a story that focuses more on the war between those 2 cultures, and shows it from both perspectives with characters in your army coming from both.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Since pair-up seems to be returning, you know what would be crazy? If some of the enemies can pair up. That could also be an interesting, possible way to balance the mechanic since we all know that it was busted in Awakening.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Since pair-up seems to be returning, you know what would be crazy? If some of the enemies can pair up. That could also be an interesting, possible way to balance the mechanic since we all know that it was busted in Awakening.
Thay could also give pairing up a more glaring downside, like maybe since they are two units, evasiveness actually goes DOWN, in expense of more power and defense.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Seriously, pair up needs some sort of balancing this time around. Maybe dual guard hurts the supporting unit this time around or something.

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice
Wow. I haven't been here in forever. What did I miss? Trailer is HYPE!!

By the way, I can't tell from the pictures. How badly did they botch the FE amiibos?

And can someone explain who this Kamui person is?

I think it would make sense for enemies to be able to dual support, but not pair up. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

Elezir

Well, in Awakening it was acceptable that the pair up system was broken, considering it was the first time they tested it, but now there's no excuse.
No kidding, Even on Hard mode+Classic I'm having no problems at all with the difficulty (maybe on first chapters, but that's about it :s) and that's because it's my first Fire Emblem game, mind you. And I'm not even getting started on the murdering capacities my Robin has...hell, all I have to do if I can't take some enemies out with the other units is just toss Robin+Chrom(or maybe even other character) and watch as the enemies make the terrible decision of trying to attack him. He just murders all in one shot, and what doesn't die by his magic, receives punishment from Chrom. That's just sick.
If the Hard is like that, I don't think Lunatic will be that better
Also, the grinding xD I know it's not necessary to grind, but when you want to get all supports, it's difficult not to, and it just breaks any difficult the game had to offer xD maybe an option to turn exp off? :s
The maps weren't very good, either, but that might be a FE thing?

Wow. I haven't been here in forever. What did I miss? Trailer is HYPE!!

By the way, I can't tell from the pictures. How badly did they botch the FE amiibos?

And can someone explain who this Kamui person is?

I think it would make sense for enemies to be able to dual support, but not pair up. Just my two cents.
I think the Amiibos are ok, imo. Better than Marth at least.
Kamui is supposed to be the new MU, though it's just speculation based on the trailer for now.
This white haired guy:
http://serenesforest.net/img/fe-if/kamui_m.png[/spoiler]

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey guys, what's all this hype about? Did O miss some awesome fire emblem news or something?

cyberspyXD

Smash Rookie
NNID
cyberspyXD
3DS FC
0001-3542-4807
Might be a question with a clear answer but does anyone know if the new Fire Emblem is N3DS only?

I got an XL recently to replace my four year old 3DS that was on its last legs so that would suck if it was.
Hey guys, what's all this hype about? Did O miss some awesome fire emblem news or something?

Top Bottom