• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

KeyDrop

Smash Rookie
NNID
KeyDrop
EDIT: So, I might come across as a bit of a hypocrite having just brought up the amusing idea of lording my copy of a rare game over others, but **** this guy. Apparently he's buying rare Amiibos in bulk solely to spite fans of specific characters (Robin is among them). Granted, according to the article I linked, there isn't substantial proof beyond pictures of large piles of Amiibos and the guy's middle finger, but if the man is legit, I'm a little baffled (and will still be buying an Amiibo of Robin, Rosalina, and Palutena).
What? Is this true? This kind of articles really makes me concerned about the intelligence of certain people.
What he's doing is not even good for himself, if he really hates certain characters that much wouldn't he be much happier avoiding them altogether? What he's doing is just a temporary damage, that will actually be helpfull for Nintendo, cause they managed to sell 100 Amiibos they might have not sold otherwise, they would just need to produce more in the future to also get the sales they would have gotten from more fans in the first place(and the fans will also be able to get them eventually), it's really not smart at all, he's throwing money at nintendo, if they sell well they'll make more, their sales charts do not include a differentiation by fans and not fans.
What is he even doing with is life if he's willing to throw so much money into hate?

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Looks like I'm gonna have to pre order my Robin Amiibo day one.
"I Hate this character, so I'll personally buy everything and anything they make with her. That'll show Nintendo." he said, giving them all his money.
And then Nintendo saw how popular the amiibo is, that they'll reprint it.

Oh and... is female robin also under the amiibos? pleasesayyes

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Edit:
If you guys had a newcomer catchphrase what would it be?
For example, "Robin Brings in the Thunder!"
I feel inspired today
"Young Horsetail Composes his Battle Cry!"

Or (by popular demand (-TT-) )

"Young Horsetail Trots Into The Tussle!!"

Was fun, would do again.

I think so? As I recall, there's a vague form of matchmaking that pits you with players roughly of your own win rate level.

To wit: the higher your win rate is, the more likely you are to be be paired with players of a similar win rate.
My my. So having good win rate DOES matter after all? Might explain why I have been finding more and more difficult(ish) opponent to fight against. Zards still give me trouble as seen on the last one but thanks to Lucy, I pulled off.

Now I want to see these outfits in glorious Smash 4 HD
View attachment 35248

Look out Shulk, you've got competition
Welp, I guess it's time to buy some DLC. :laugh:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
@ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ I love the Lucina gif from your signature. I can watch it like 10 times without get bored.
Ain't it just cute
I love for how toony it is for depicting usually serious woman. It's those little things that just make you little happier inside.

I love what they did to this video. I can say, I'm glad that not egoraptor did this one.
It certainly is hilarious. My my, Smash-fan stuff will never stop being funny. (Unless to me, it's another Chrom-joke)

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
There are only two groups Mariotehplumber's wacky antics will affect - parents of young children, and collectors.

The former will stop after an initial scouring and placate their kids with something else, and the latter are savvy enough to look for other venues to find the Amiibos. Remember that Amiibos are not region locked, so you can easily order one from Japan or Europe, where stock is still pretty damn high.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
There are only two groups Mariotehplumber's wacky antics will affect - parents of young children, and collectors.

The former will stop after an initial scouring and placate their kids with something else, and the latter are savvy enough to look for other venues to find the Amiibos. Remember that Amiibos are not region locked, so you can easily order one from Japan or Europe, where stock is still pretty damn high.
Oh boy, Europe indeed. Finland has still collectors but I believe it's certainly a haven when compared to US where there's more serious fans.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
"I Hate this character, so I'll personally buy everything and anything they make with her. That'll show Nintendo." he said, giving them all his money.
And then Nintendo saw how popular the amiibo is, that they'll reprint it.

Oh and... is female robin also under the amiibos? pleasesayyes
Maybe he's just secretly the biggest fan of Rosalina and wants all of the amiibos to himself. But real talk that plan is going to back fire on him from a business perspective. Yeah, the fans and amiibo collectors will get mad, but Nintendo can always make more.

And I reallllllly hope that we can get a female Robin amiibo. In my honest opinion though I don't think we'll be getting one. :c
As much as I love her, It seems unlikely that they'd release both.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

True that. I'd honestly be happy to pick up amiibo for my friends in the US and send them over for free, just because we've got way too much surplus stock over here.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I went and looked at my fighter records today and realized just how much I play Robin

I feel like I've neglected my other characters though the more I look at this graph.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Well hello wall of notifications thanks to @NonSpecificGuy and @ GunBlaze GunBlaze

So it's Say'ri's birthday today so be to sure to check your Awakening file and wish her a happy birthday
tumblr_mic9qbajJ61s5jkdfo1_400.jpg

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey guys, I thought of a better catchphrase for me

UNKNOWN HERO REVEALS HIMSELF!!!

It was that or REVEALS ALL and that doesn't does right.....

KeyDrop

Smash Rookie
NNID
KeyDrop
Hey guys, I thought of a better catchphrase for me

UNKNOWN HERO REVEALS HIMSELF!!!

It was that or REVEALS ALL and that doesn't does right.....
That sounds cool, the best I could think for myself is : "KeyDrop opens the door!" xD

timetotipthescales

Smash Cadet
NNID
bloodofgrima
So a new Nintendo Direct is coming on Wednesday the 14th. And the New 3DS has just been set for February 13th by Gamestop for the North Americas.

I think that the N3DS is gonna be announced on this direct as the main thing, but I seriously want some SMT x FE news; a screenshot, a photo, a redeisgn artwork literally anything give it to me.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
New 3DS announcement with Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS port and a 3DS compilation of translated Fire Emblems 2-6.

I can dream.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Definitely hoping for some new FE content, like information about Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem.

I'd hope for a new installment, but Intelligent Systems already has their hands full with that game as well as Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
As long as all of the stuff still works with the old 3DS, I am alright.
(Silently fumes at Xenoblade)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Speaking of Birthdays, my best friend shares a birthday with Chrom.

In amiibo news, I've secured a Meta Knight amiibo thanks to a friend who works at Best Buy.

I might be able to pick it up early too.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You know what sucks birthday-wise?

Anna's birthday is before mine by a single day. Really sucked to not have matching birthdays.

:c

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Say'ri's birthday is the 11th, a good 5 days after mine
January 11th is hers mine is the 6th

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm a few days off from Inigo (August 3rd (me) vs. August 7th). I wish I shared it, he's probably my favorite male character from Awakening.

Top Bottom