• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
How about you not judge people because they like a character.

It's just a term of affection.
Seriously. Some people mean it jokingly anyway and are just using it as another way to say they love female Robin as a character.

I have nothing against male Robin, but I prefer female Robin. She's the one I chose in Awakening because I'm female, and her personality in supports was just more interesting to me. I've played as both in SSB and still prefer her despite male Robin having my favorite color as an alt.

If you prefer male Robin and can't stand female Robin, more power to you. Just don't judge me for preferring female Robin or considering Robin female by default just because the male is the one on the selection screen. I use the female alts more and therefore associate Robin more with her than male Robin.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Dude it literally means 'wife'.

You know, like, life partner? Someone you treat as an equal? OR MAYBE JUST A GRILL YOU HAPPEN TO THINK IS A QTPIE?

Don't put your own poisonous meaning into the word to make us the villains for using it.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I for one find myself playing female Robin for the fact that she shows more character and personality over male Robin. I'm not saying that male Robin is bland for he has a good amount of depth to him from what we've all experienced in Awakening and their reveal trailer. It's just that while M!Robin seems more conserved and relaxed, F!Robin is more energetic and sassy and that little bit of character gives her a nudge over if I should play as female or male Robin.

That and hearing "Checkmate!" over "The key to victory lies within" just feels much more satisfying.

Of course in the end of things, neither gender has any advantage over the other as far as being canon and probably never will be a canon gender. Robin is an avatar that the player has the will to create out of the tools given to them in the avatar maker when starting a new game. You could have a female Robin named Timmy if you wanted to, you could have your avatar be whatever you wanted to be. For what they did with Smash is juts stick with the default setting, which the first setting you are selecting is M!Robin. M!Robin has no priority over F!Robin, for they refrain from having any pronouns, or Robin without their hood lowered in any of the cutscenes.

TL;DR- Robin's gender is rather irrelevant if you think about it. Robin's character in actuality is almost the same between the genders outside of some support differences and what they did for Smash. In the end, Robin is Robin so just keep playing that Tactician Magician.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I play female Robin because in Awakening my female Robin was a one person army, nosferatu-tanking everything in sight, including all of Priam's army by herself. She had no comrades. Only spectators whose faces distorted in both fear and admiration as they squint their eyes just to be able to catch a glimpse of the Lunatic Tactician in the midst of a mountain of corpses. Unfortunately, my male Robin paled in comparison to her so he got sent to the Shadow Realm.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I play female Robin because in Awakening my female Robin was a one person army, nosferatu-tanking everything in sight, including all of Priam's army by herself. She had no comrades. Only spectators whose faces distorted in both fear and admiration as they squint their eyes just to be able to catch a glimpse of the Lunatic Tactician in the midst of a mountain of corpses. Unfortunately, my male Robin paled in comparison to her so he got sent to the Shadow Realm.
...Nosferatu-tanking?...
But, Tactician and Grandmaster Robin couldn't use Nosferatsu could she?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
While in Awakening I have both a :4robinf: and :4robinm: save, in Sm4sh I play F!Robin almost exclusively for a few reasons:

-Arguably better voice delivery(FRACKING LAUREN LANDA GUISE)
-Has cooler quotes
-Has the better "win vs Lucina" quote
-ANNA COLOR GUISE
-Looks ridiculously cute while trashing you

Some credit to M!Robin though; the few times I've used him, his calmer nature reminds me of myself a lot, like his "win vs Lucina" quote. Maybe if he sounded like he did in his reveal trailer, then I'd give him points, but as is...

:4robinf: "Checkmate."

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, I made a mess, didn't I?
That's what happens when I post half-asleep.

I apologize for being blunt, but I stand by what I said. Doubly so now that everyone's getting so defensive.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It took me ages and ages to figure out that female Robin has pigtails.

I cried rainbows when I realised that.

Last edited:

Ultimastrike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ultimastrike
3DS FC
0473-8335-5555
Well, I made a mess, didn't I?
That's what happens when I post half-asleep.

I apologize for being blunt, but I stand by what I said. Doubly so now that everyone's getting so defensive.
Mate, you sure you aren't confused? Because it looks like you didn't read Raz's message. Nobody is being defensive. The term literally derives its meaning from wife, but waifu is not being possessive. In your definition, it is.

Ultimastrike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ultimastrike
3DS FC
0473-8335-5555
Sometimes I wonder about why we didn't get Hector for Smash. He'd be something to deviate from the swordsman niche(Robin is somewhat in there despite having magic tomes).

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
...Nosferatu-tanking?...
But, Tactician and Grandmaster Robin couldn't use Nosferatsu could she?
I second sealed the crap out of Robin so she can learn all of the skills until she ended up as a sorcerer with ignis, armsthrift, galeforce, (I forget the other 2 skills) and a forged Aversa's Night. Honestly, I partially regret doing this because this made the game kinda mindless after a while. But it was still great watching her obliterate everything.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Nope!

Saw the first two movies already, of course, but I didn't read the book.

I uhhh..... I'm gonna presume they kill Smaug though. I think that one's probably kind of obvious.
It's probably for the better that you haven't read the books. You'll enjoy the film more.

@ False Sense False Sense - Looks like a green/grey Christmas for us.

Shaymikyu

My Robin has gotten close to that, but I think Laurent is still my best unit. Bow before Gregor-fathered Sorcerer Laurent!
Sometimes I wonder about why we didn't get Hector for Smash. He'd be something to deviate from the swordsman niche(Robin is somewhat in there despite having magic tomes).
Probably bad timing with his game's release, kind of like what happened to the original Hoenn games and all the Pokémon remakes except FR/LG... Heck, even with 5th gen it sort of happened. Roy's game was the newest when Melee came out, and Ike's was the newest when Brawl came out. Kind of like how when Melee came out, Johto was the newest Pokémon region, so it got a newcomer. In Brawl, it was Sinnoh, so we got Lucario and a Sinnoh stage. In this one, it's Kalos and we got Greninja, a Kalos stage in each game (Unova only got one in the 3DS version and no playable characters) plus all the mega evos. Heck, Charizard got two megas in X/Y, so it makes sense he returned alone aside from being an iconic Pokémon. Ditto on Mewtwo.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
On my first playthrough, Chrom!Cynthia was my most broken unit, followed shortly by the brother sister team of Yarne/Morgan. Those three pretty much soloed everything in the game after they were recruited.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
For me it was...

Well, actually, it was myself and Chrom. We tag-teamed it up, Great Lord / Trickster style, and cut a beautiful husband / wife shape swathe in our wake~

Shaymikyu

If we're talking about strongest team-ups, it's definitely my Sage Robin and her Paladin Chrom husband. Though, my Robin in my third run and Yarne are pretty deadly together. It'll become even more so when their builds are finished. And then there's Olivia!Lucina with Vaike!Yarne!Morgan in that run...

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice
For me it was...

Well, actually, it was myself and Chrom. We tag-teamed it up, Great Lord / Trickster style, and cut a beautiful husband / wife shape swathe in our wake~
Really, I never got the point of the trickster class. I mean, if you want speed, there are plenty of other classes, and damage output is too largely reliant on Levin Swords. Healing is good, but outclassed by other units. Skills are nice, but I would just grab them and reclass. Is there something I'm missing here? Tell me- I honestly want to know. It's alright if you just do it for style, because honestly, tricksters do look pretty badass.

In other news, I'm planning on doing a F!Avatar x (RickenxMiriel) Laurent run, for broken magic Morgan. And for my M!Avatar x Lissa run, are there any gender specific skills actually worth passing down to Morgan?

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
My strongest pair up is close between...

Great Lord Sumia!Lucina running Aether, Luna, Rightful King, Galeforce, and Limit Break with my Grandmaster M!Robin running Luna, Pavise, Ignis, Armthrift, and Limit Break (Lucina doing the first attack, then switching Robin to the second attack so he can better tank all the incoming hits during the enemy turn)

...and...

Granmaster Lucina!Morgan, destroyer of worlds running Luna, Aether, Pavise, Galeforce, and Limit Break with Sorcerer Henry!Inigo running Vantage, Vengence, Anathema, Armthrift, and Galeforce.

Really, I never got the point of the trickster class. I mean, if you want speed, there are plenty of other classes, and damage output is too largely reliant on Levin Swords. Healing is good, but outclassed by other units. Skills are nice, but I would just grab them and reclass. Is there something I'm missing here? Tell me- I honestly want to know. It's alright if you just do it for style, because honestly, tricksters do look pretty badass.

In other news, I'm planning on doing a F!Avatar x (RickenxMiriel) Laurent run, for broken magic Morgan. And for my M!Avatar x Lissa run, are there any gender specific skills actually worth passing down to Morgan?
Depends on what you plan to do with her. Honestly the only two i could think of would be Counter if you want to be an annoying SOB on spotpasses (aka, entire spotpass team of characters running counter and lethality just to be as annoying as humanly possible), or Wrath if you want to give Morgan the OP Wrath + Vantage + Vengeance combo.

Also, this goes without saying for every playthrough, but pass Galeforce to Owain.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Rogue is my favourite class in any RPG and I think they look magnificent. :3

And it suits my personality the best as well ahaha~

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I never get here in time for Persona talk!:cry: *bashes head against wall*
That's okay we'll have our own Persona talk, with Black/Jack Frost brothers and the Maxed out Social Links who we spend a long evening with.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I use :4robinf: like 95% of the time over :4robinm:.

Mostly for reasons that everyone else here (from @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A to @ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal ) has already said.

Still, I think Male Robin has the better alts over Female Robin. Does she have a white mage cloak?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
What do you mean? :confused:
Based on the average temperature for the state we live in, It'll be anywhere from 50-70 degrees on Christmas day.

Speaking of Christmas, do all my fellow tacticians have their shopping done?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Based on the average temperature for the state we live in, It'll be anywhere from 50-70 degrees on Christmas day.
Oh. Yeah, you're right about that. I've heard it's going to be about 60 degrees that day. And sunny. :ohwell:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Speaking of Christmas, do all my fellow tacticians have their shopping done?
That's quite heated.

I have my Christmas shopping done for my cousins. I'll be getting my Wii U after Christmas, hopefully, since I'll be out of state until Saturday.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I don't really care for F!Robin all that much. Probably because I love F!Morgan too much to ever pick her.
Even though that has nothing to do with Smash... And the only time I ever use alts in any fighting game are :4roy:, shirtless :4shulk: and pink :4falcon:...

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I like Fem Robin's sass and snark. It reminds me of myself~

And uhh yeah I really really like her hair colour and style~

I tend to use alts a lot in Smash - blue Pit, black Palutena, Captain Fabulous, Old Manondorf, Fiora Shulk, Famicom R.O.B., Ludwig van Koopa, and so on and so forth.

Top Bottom