• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
I've been wondering, what is the EXACT command for Levin Aerials? Sometimes you dash in a direction, shorthop, A, and it'll end up a Levin even though you didn't Smash. Sometimes I try to tilt aerials and it ends up a Levin as well.

Does it just tend to the last sword you used?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I've been wondering, what is the EXACT command for Levin Aerials? Sometimes you dash in a direction, shorthop, A, and it'll end up a Levin even though you didn't Smash. Sometimes I try to tilt aerials and it ends up a Levin as well.

Does it just tend to the last sword you used?
Just a regular Smash attack.

And yeah, it remembers the last sword.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Levin is upon smash. You can smash and it'll pull out levin for 8 seconds. If you have bronze out and jump and input the aerial as a smash it will proc levin.

To answer another question rolling on wifi and anything that requires precise shielding will be hard. It's harder to punish rolls plus the controls are new so it'll take getting used to, and with shielding stuff shield now comes out on frame 2, and 3ds has a natural 1 frame input lag. Factor that in with slight wifi lag and you'll see why you can't shield stuff well and are having trouble punishing rolls. As robin on wifi I camp a lot, and I deal with rolls with arc fire and fsmash, especially since people love rolling behind because they are dumb. Always watch fur aggressive rolls since all bad players will roll aggressively, and you can totally punish that behavior

Hong

The Strongest
After you have drawn your Levin Sword, all directional aerials will use that particular sword. To get the Bronze Sword back, you have to use your neutral air, tilts, or jab.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I can add :4megaman: to Amazing and :4villagerf: to decent. :4megaman: is in the same "very good feeling" category as :4robinf:, :4wiifit:, :4shulk:, and :4greninja:.

I know it seems redundant saying it here, but I ADORE Robin. So much. It's like this character was made for me to play (along with WFT, but Robin has the added bonus of being a magic user, which is always a win to me). I can't put her down.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
After you have drawn your Levin Sword, all directional aerials will use that particular sword. To get the Bronze Sword back, you have to use your neutral air, tilts, or jab.
Or wait a few seconds, and she'll pull the Bronze back out.
What is the exact hitbox for the meteor on Robins Elwind?
Literally right on the hand.

Basically imagine you're trying to slap them on the top of the head with the first cast of it.

Deviljho

Smash Journeyman
Literally right on the hand.

Basically imagine you're trying to slap them on the top of the head with the first cast of it.
Ohh, that's risky. It's probably better to edgeguard with DS Air?

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hmmm.....

Depends on the character, honestly. The major benefit of Elwind edge-guards is that it's really safe AFTER the cast (because you just float back to the stage). If you miss going for LS Dair, then you've put yourself in a position where you're probably the one getting edge-guarded, which isn't good.

I would say I edge-guard most often with LSFair (if they're high up), LS Bair (level with the stage), and Elwind (below stage level).

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I would say I edge-guard most often with LSFair (if they're high up), LS Bair (level with the stage), and Elwind (below stage level).
That's pretty much my problem!
I mostly use Elwind for that, since I seem to miss with my aerials damn often. I just can't put a finger on it why I keep missing it in crucial moments, when I combo with Elfire I always can catch up.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Depending on how your inventory is looking like, you can also throw an Arcfire onto the ledge to force them to choose an option. If they decide to drop and grab it again, you can just walk up to them and hit them, thanks to the changes in ledge invulnerability.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
I find nosferatu as an edge guard is also nice since it throws them back off stage as well. If you're really ballsy you can go brawl snake strats and run offstage and lsbair them and stage spike too

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
It has better range than grab. I really think if they are just out of grab range and you are in shield just jump oos and nos.

Last edited:

Amew64

Smash Rookie
I've got a good rhythm going today!

I've almost got my win/loss as 50/50.

There also really needs to be a thing that tells you that your tome is out. I can't count how many times I've tried casting and I have no tome.

I no tome, yet I must cast.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
There also really needs to be a thing that tells you that your tome is out. I can't count how many times I've tried casting and I have no tome.

I no tome, yet I must cast.
That would be too easy.

In my opinion, it's another thing to learn.

Underlined: Reference to I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream? Sorry, just my reference sense tingling.

Last edited:

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
So I was told today that you can apparently grab in the first few frames of a rolls animation. Ive tried it and got it a few times, but nothing consistent. People should try it as well to see if they can get it consistently, since itd give us way more options due to out bad standing grab range

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
So I was told today that you can apparently grab in the first few frames of a rolls animation. Ive tried it and got it a few times, but nothing consistent. People should try it as well to see if they can get it consistently, since itd give us way more options due to out bad standing grab range
I have tried it. It only works for dash-grabs and pivot grabs as far as I can tell, not standing ones.

The input is Forward -> (wait slightly) Shield + A.

It REALLY helps Robin for making dash grab suck less. Pivot grab doesn't change too much.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
I was wondering about that. I noticed the shield comes up then he dash grabs. I'm not sure how many frames it takes shields in brawl to come out but I've heard it takes 2 frames from the point you press shield and when it actually blocks. Do you know if that dash grab from rolling will actually shield or is it just the animation of the shield present but it won't actually block?

Amew64

Smash Rookie
So, Arcfire doesn't block certain projectiles.

I've only found TL's Hero's Bow. Has anyone else found projectiles that do that?

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
So, Arcfire doesn't block certain projectiles.

I've only found TL's Hero's Bow. Has anyone else found projectiles that do that?
I'd say your best bet is projectiles you can interact with, like hit back you know. Dedede's gordos, Sheiks grenades, WFT's soccer ball, etc

Shaymikyu

You can add :4zss: to my awesome list on the other page. She's the third character I've beaten any form of Master Core with (the second was :4duckhunt:, and the first... Take a wild guess). She's also in that good gut feeling category. From playing around a bit, I'm predicting :4robinf::4zss::4wiifit: and maybe :4shulk: as my main mains, the other "awesome" characters as back-up mains, and the rest as secondaries.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
You can add :4zss: to my awesome list on the other page. She's the third character I've beaten any form of Master Core with (the second was :4duckhunt:, and the first... Take a wild guess). She's also in that good gut feeling category. From playing around a bit, I'm predicting :4robinf::4zss::4wiifit: and maybe :4shulk: as my main mains, the other "awesome" characters as back-up mains, and the rest as secondaries.
So many awesome characters. I have four established mains (whom I all correctly predicted pre-launch), :4robinm::4lucina::4darkpit:, and a bunch of secondaries, :4pit::4lucario::4palutena::4marth::4jigglypuff::4charizard:... and I'm really feeling :4shulk: too...

Shaymikyu

I know. Say what you will about some of the roster choices, but out of all the SSBs, this one has given me the most challenge picking favorites because there are so many awesome movesets to play as this time. In the previous games, I usually clung to 1-3 characters and barely touched the rest. Right now, I adore :4robinf::4zss::4wiifit:, like :4shulk::4greninja::4megaman: a lot, enjoy :4darkpit::4duckhunt: a bit too, and sometimes dabble in :4lucina::4palutena::4villagerf:. :4rob: might work his way on there, and same with :4miibrawl:. I want to improve with :4ness:, as well. I also did a decent Classic run with :4falcon:, so I might give him a fair shot.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
:4robinf:'s my girl, there's no question about it at this point. Not even my :4charizard: and :4falcon: could compare to her in how devastating they can be.

I just wrecked an amazing Dr. Mario player earlier in a one-on-one match in For Glory, and put a relatively experienced Little Mac player through a lot of hell. It was only through sheer luck that he managed to win with his counter.

She is now a welcome member in Lizardon's pantheon of mains, and I don't think she'll be leaving for a long time, if ever.

D

Deleted member

I'll try to main Robin on the Wii U version. The 3DS circle pad is giving me some problems with using his Levin Sword; preforming smash aerial attacks is NOT easy to do.
I just hope the system and GameCube controller can help improve my game as him since I am pretty poor as him. :(

Shaymikyu

:4robinf:'s my girl, there's no question about it at this point. Not even my :4charizard: and :4falcon: could compare to her in how devastating they can be.

I just wrecked an amazing Dr. Mario player earlier in a one-on-one match in For Glory, and put a relatively experienced Little Mac player through a lot of hell. It was only through sheer luck that he managed to win with his counter.

She is now a welcome member in Lizardon's pantheon of mains, and I don't think she'll be leaving for a long time, if ever.
Oh, she's definitely my main girl. She's perfect and still holds my record on Classic (I'm sure I'd fail in For Glory, but that's me not being that skilled). I was more referring to my other characters I use. I usually have a couple on top of my main. Normally I default to Marth or Pikachu or Kirby, but this time is much different.

Charizard is so much better in this game, speaking of which. I couldn't play him at all in Brawl, but here, I can at least get an okay feel for him.

I doubt my list of mains will be that different in the Wii U one, though some characters might come to me easier without fearing me destroying the control stick.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm fine with the C Pad for zoning, and Robin is no exception to this statement.

I'll be using the 3DS controller feature anyway.

Shaymikyu

I've grown used to the 3DS controls. The C Pad was hard to smash with at first, but I think I've got it down.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I know. Say what you will about some of the roster choices, but out of all the SSBs, this one has given me the most challenge picking favorites because there are so many awesome movesets to play as this time. In the previous games, I usually clung to 1-3 characters and barely touched the rest. Right now, I adore :4robinf::4zss::4wiifit:, like :4shulk::4greninja::4megaman: a lot, enjoy :4darkpit::4duckhunt: a bit too, and sometimes dabble in :4lucina::4palutena::4villagerf:. :4rob: might work his way on there, and same with :4miibrawl:. I want to improve with :4ness:, as well. I also did a decent Classic run with :4falcon:, so I might give him a fair shot.
So much of this. There are a bunch of characters that I want to get good with, but can't bring myself to main them over others, like :4lemmy::4drmario::4duckhunt::4gaw::4mario::4miisword::4ness::4peach::4pikachu::rosalina::4zelda:... but my mains come first! Still, this makes games much more fun to play with friends, since I've got a list of favorites that is 21 massive characters deep. If a typical match lasts four minutes, that's 84 minutes of gameplay with friends using unique characters that I'm all good with. I'm so looking to going home to play for Thanksgiving.

Also, concerning the clones, I love how two of my old mains got clones. That's doubling my amount of mains since they play so similarly!

Shaymikyu

I don't mind clones as long as they aren't a majority of the roster. A lot my favorite characters are clones, and :4darkpit: is one of my better characters. And of course, I adore :4lucina:.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Man i hate going against Little macs, especially when i get input lag.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Even the computer Little Macs are a pain. I've had a few Classic runs ended by going up against Metal Little Mac quite a bit now. When you can't knock him off somewhere and take advantage of his crummy recovery, he's tough.

Top Bottom