• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Favorite non-Robin newcomer: Greninja
Favorite Awakening characters: Sully, Virion, Sumia, Anna, Cherche, Morgan F, Cordelia, Nah and Gaius
Characters I disliked: Ricken, Maribelle, Panne, Tharja, Henry, Lucina, Kjelle, Cynthia, Severa, Yarne and Noire (Chrom, Lissa, Stahl and Gerome were kinda close to be here, but I'm more indifferent towards them than really disliking them)

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I dunno if Monolith Soft would be the best developers to help out in the creation of SMT X FE, especially when the game will be drastically different from Xenoblade. I can see them aid in the development of the game like they did with Brawl, New Leaf, and Skyward Sword. But as one of the main developers? I'm not really feeling it.
Hopefully Xenoblade will be a big enough franchise just so that we can see Xenoblade X Fire Emblem.

I hate what they did with the Reshiram/Zekrom battle theme. It just sounds bad in my opinion. I'm surprised that N's battle theme was absent in this game.

I'm not surprised that it exists. I know that there is a Chrom X Lucina fanfic out there.

Eek! D-don't hurt me, please!
View attachment 26477
That Chrom/Lucina fic is worse than that :4robinf:/:4shulk: one. Shudders
I find it hilarious that there is Tharja x Chrom fanfiction out there. lol
I would totally ship those two. Or Chrom and Nowi, if only for a 3rd gen Manakete Morgan with Aether
As long as there aren't thousands like in Pokémon.

Male!Robin x Lucina=FoxyGrandpaChromShipping ChallengedFateShipping
Male!Morgan x Owain=FlamingoPunchShipping
Gaius x Sumia=NotTheBeesShipping
Henry x Sumia=FreakyFridayShipping
Tiki x Lucina=MarthIsThatYouShipping
Yarne x Lucina=EasterShipping (because Lucina's birthday fell on Easter this year, if I recall)

About 90% of these are support-inspired.
I like that name better.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Out of all the newcomers, who's your favorie besides Robin?

To answer my own question; I'd have to say Mega Man. His moveset and just general retro-goodness wins me over. He's very fun to play as well. :)
Well, Robin is by far my favorite newcomer, but aside from him/her, I'd say my favorite is Shulk. Shulk is a pretty cool character representing an amazing game, and the unique mechanics he brings to the table look fun and interesting. I like him for many of the same reasons I like Robin.

Other honorable mentions would be Rosalina, Palutena, and Villager. In all honesty, I actually like just about every newcomer we've gotten this time around (except Greninja; that's the one newcomer that really bothers me).

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Well, Robin is by far my favorite newcomer, but aside from him/her, I'd say my favorite is Shulk. Shulk is a pretty cool character representing an amazing game, and the unique mechanics he brings to the table look fun and interesting. I like him for many of the same reasons I like Robin.

Other honorable mentions would be Rosalina, Palutena, and Villager. In all honesty, I actually like just about every newcomer we've gotten this time around (except Greninja; that's the one newcomer that really bothers me).
Why does :4greninja: bother you?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Why does :4greninja: bother you?
Mostly because he was added to the roster before his games came out, before the general public even knew he existed. In a game meant to feature Nintendo All-Stars, adding in a character that literally has no star power at the time seems like a rather questionable choice. The only reason they added Greninja was because he would work well as a fighter, not because of who he was, per se. That bothers me. Of course, that's just my opinion, and even then, it's not like Greninja's presence on the roster takes away from the game in anyway. It's just a decision I don't agree with.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Why don't you like :4greninja:?
Edit: :4greninja: 'd

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Mostly because he was added to he roster before his games came out, before the general public even knew he existed. In a game meant to feature Nintendo All-Stars, adding in a character that literally has no star power at the time seems like a rather questionable choice. The only reason they added Greninja was because he would work well as a fighter, not because of who he was, per se. That bothers me. Of course, that's just my opinion, and even then, it's not like Greninja's presence on the roster takes away from the game in anyway. It's just a decision I don't agree with.
I get what you are saying.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Guys, please. I know that NSG likes literally everything.

We don't have to comment on it EVERY SINGLE TIME.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

To answer my own question; I'd have to say Mega Man. His moveset and just general retro-goodness wins me over. He's very fun to play as well. :)
I really wanted Little Mac in as a playable character, not because I loved Punch Out (I don't have that much history with it), but because I felt as though he was an incredibly deserving candidate and that he needed to be more than just an AT. However, his playstyle doesn't really fit mine, so I don't really plan to main him.

The Wii Fit Trainer is someone that I never really expected to main (or put as a secondary). When I first played as him/her at the demos, it felt really easy using them and I had no problem winning matches. I was hyped by their reveal at E3, so I guess that might explain something.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Mostly because he was added to he roster before his games came out, before the general public even knew he existed. In a game meant to feature Nintendo All-Stars, adding in a character that literally has no star power at the time seems like a rather questionable choice. The only reason they added Greninja was because he would work well as a fighter, not because of who he was, per se. That bothers me. Of course, that's just my opinion, and even then, it's not like Greninja's presence on the roster takes away from the game in anyway. It's just a decision I don't agree with.
Agreed.
At least Lucario existed before they started shoving him in our faces.

I was one of the few who never liked in the first place.
The fact he was chosen before he even existed, over Mewtwo no less, is a huge **** move.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
My favorite newcomer aside from Robin is Bowser Jr..
His moveset, adding the Koopalings as alts, there is so much done right with Bowser Jr..
He's the only newcomer I can legitimately say I personally wanted before I knew he was playable, and the fact that he "overcame" what I saw to be the impossible odds of him being playable created by Rosalina...
Add that to his moveset just looking amazing, having the Koopalings thus making the inclusion feature eight of my favorite Mario characters in Smash Bros. instead of just one, and it's just incredibly hard for me to not like Bowser Jr..

So I take it you despise Roy? :4roy:

:roymelee:?

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Does Henry have a swimsuit CG in the DLC?
No because the people who voted in the poll are scum of the Earth who don't realize how amazing Henry is. :4dedede:

I wish Anna won that poll just so I could see how the conversation between "your unit-Anna" and swimsuit-Anna would go.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
yfw you realize the the majority of the Smash 3DS Trophies for Fire Emblem are of the winners of the Parents popularity poll and the Children popularity poll.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So I take it you despise Roy? :4roy:

:roymelee:?
I don't have much of an opinion on Roy, but at the very least he was known before getting into Smash, and as one of the clones he was more of a bonus character than anything. Greninja doesn't have those advantages.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
My favorite newcomer besides Robin is Mega Man.
After that, probably a tie between Rosalina, Shulk and little Mac.

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I don't have much of an opinion on Roy, but at the very least he was known before getting into Smash, and as one of the clones he was more of a bonus character than anything. Greninja doesn't have those advantages.
Roy wasn't known. His game wasn't even out yet by the time Melee released. It wouldn't be out until several months after Melee.

yfw you realize the the majority of the Smash 3DS Trophies for Fire Emblem are of the winners of the Parents popularity poll and the Children popularity poll.
It makes me all the more happy they still included Anna and Tiki.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

Lucina, of course. Clone or not, I just adore her a ton.

If we're not counting FE newcomers here, it's a toss-up between Rosalina and Villager. Both are characters (or in Villager's case, series) I wanted to see playable for years in Smash since Brawl. I have gotten to play Villager and I love him (or her- I usually use the girl), but I haven't played Rosalina yet, so I don't know. I love how Villager's moveset, while not the most groundbreaking, still is really creative with how it ties into AC, like the tripping and dropping the tree smash or the pocketing of projectiles like items. Duck Hunt is closing in on a favorite spot as well. I just love his cartoony antics.
Oh man, I wish...
Well, you can technically bring him into the battle as a Sorcerer and sort of get him in a swimsuit... It's not the same, though.

And I really love Henry. He's one of my top considerations if I ever do another :4robinf: run. He basically won me over the moment he entered via crow storm. All of his supports I've done so far have been gold, too.
OChem II class has a quiz and exam on either side of Smash 4 weekend. Get wrecked, me.
Welcome to my life story. I'm even taking that same subject right now. Though, oddly enough, it's an agriculture class that might keep me from Smash for a few hours. Yeah, let's make everything only available and due on Friday.
No because the people who voted in the poll are scum of the Earth who don't realize how amazing Henry is. :4dedede:

I wish Anna won that poll just so I could see how the conversation between "your unit-Anna" and swimsuit-Anna would go.
I wish it wasn't limited to two. I would have liked to have seen a couple more. Where's my yukata Cynthia?:4lucina:

On Greninja- he's not my favorite gen 6 Pokémon, but I don't mind him. I'm just glad gen 6 got an actual rep and not just "well, mega evos are enough."

Probably helps that I'm neutral towards Mewtwo's inclusion.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm mostly indifferent to Greninja. I guess because already became fond of Froakie since X & Y's reveal, and even then, I quickly grew to like his final evo during the leaks. Mewtwo being back would have been nice treat though.

Folt

Smash Ace
Favorite Newcomer who's not Robin: Shulk. He's a character from a game I love, and his fighting style utilizes a stance system (sorta).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

I'll just let you enjoy the joke I left undiscovered for over 2 years now.
(Yes, this was when I finally decided to try Fire Emblem for first time)

Last edited:

Squishyfrog

Smash Rookie
NNID
Squishyfrog
Am I too late to list some of my favorite characters from Awakening?

In no particular order:
Robin
Lucina
Gregor
Lon'qu
Nowi
Lissa
Basilio

There are probably some I'm forgetting, and since I haven't done most of the Paralogue chapters yet I haven't met a lot of the children either. also i may have accidentally killed Gaius and didn't realize you were able to recruit him until after i had beaten that level and saved. '>>

Shaymikyu

There are probably some I'm forgetting, and since I haven't done most of the Paralogue chapters yet I haven't met a lot of the children either. also i may have accidentally killed Gaius and didn't realize you were able to recruit him until after i had beaten that level and saved. '>>
I actually accidentally killed him too, but managed not to save and just restarted the map. When he was given a much more dramatic death treatment than the other enemies, it hit me. Poor Gaius. It actually made me afraid to attack a lot of named enemies for a while out of fear that I was supposed to recruit them.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If they have a name and art that shows their face at the exclusion of all others, they are either the main enemy boss, or a recruitable unit. If this unit is out in the middle of the field, they're likely the latter.

I'm waiting for the Fire Emblem game where EVERYONE has their own individual art, recruitable or not. The initial playthroughs shall be GLORIOUS.

Shaymikyu

If they have a name and art that shows their face at the exclusion of all others, they are either the main enemy boss, or a recruitable unit. If this unit is out in the middle of the field, they're likely the latter.

I'm waiting for the Fire Emblem game where EVERYONE has their own individual art, recruitable or not. The initial playthroughs shall be GLORIOUS.
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind when I get around to the other games.

And that would also be kind of awesome.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
QUOTE FEEEVEERRRRRRRRRR

Out of all the newcomers, who's your favorite besides Robin?
Barring Lucina, this is a very tough choice since none of the newcomers particularly entice me.

Except, maybe, Pac-Man.

OChem II class has a quiz and exam on either side of Smash 4 weekend. Get wrecked, me.
Lol, exams next week for me.

:C

Seriously though, that blows.

>marketing
>promotion
>surprise popularity

I can see what you're saying and don't disagree, but those three points are also important.

I'm still baffled at the fact that they, you know, dropped a Pokemon slot entirely.

I was one of the few who never liked :4greninja: in the first place.
The fact he was chosen before he even existed, over Mewtwo no less, is a huge **** move.
To be completely fair, I mourn Mewtwo as much as you do, but Greninja over Mewtwo? Remember that Pokemon actually lost a slot in the transition from Brawl to 4(and idc that Trainer was one slot, 3 pokes plus Goku Lucario Pikachu and Puff makes six), so while not unfounded, an argument like that does leave questions as to Pokemon's sixth rep.

I'll just let you enjoy the joke I left undiscovered for over 2 years now.
(Yes, this was when I finally decided to try Fire Emblem for first time)
Must find channel and subscribe.

Does Henry have a swimsuit CG in the DLC?
I wish.

id take swimsuit gregor more tho

*insert your blushing Anna image here*

I'm mostly indifferent to Greninja. I guess because already became fond of Froakie since X & Y's reveal, and even then, I quickly grew to like his final evo during the leaks. Mewtwo being back would have been nice treat though.
I was utterly surprised when Greninja made the cut, especially after the reasoning came out. I initially wanted to main him, but then Robin and Lucina happened. And then I saw ROB and Samus buffed.

Sorry, Greninja.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Actually, you bring up an interesting point.
What if there was a Fire Emblem game where every enemy unit could be recruited.
The game has a sort of generator for every NPC's appearance and name, sort of like Robin.
There would be a persuasion skill added for situations where you can try to convince enemies to join you (and dialogue options)

Obviously, Lords and Thieves would have the easiest time in communicating.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The game has a sort of generator for every NPC's appearance and name, sort of like Robin.
There would be a persuasion skill added for situations where you can try to convince enemies to join you (and dialogue options)

That...would actually be a very interesting concept. If we could also make My Unit into a full-fledged Lord without sharing his/her position with someone else (Chrom), I would definitely be on board.

Too bad IS probably won't go for it.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

But we already have SMT X FE coming out.

Top Bottom