• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Hey, nothing wrong with Chrom.
Except for originality.

Actually, that's not true. He's very much a "let the men handle this" kind of guy. If I was his wife, this would immediately be a problem. Especially if I was spell-tossing, map-leveling badass like Robin.

Also, he's sort of dead-weight if you neglect him at ALL.
Right. He is extremely unoriginal and boring, but not a bad character per se. I should have married Robin to Henry or someone fun and unique.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
The thing i hate the most in FE:A... is getting the C Support of Gaius and Tharja when I'm not planning to marry MU to Tharja... everytime I'm like damn, poor Tharja not getting the one she stalks D:

D

Deleted member

People stuck on the Project M mindset so hard that anything that resembles notacombo is dismissed as inferior to their lord and savior.

I await the ritual where the competitive scene sacrifices Smash 4 at The Dragon's Table in order to create Project M v4.987466^3.14
I bet that we will eventually see Project M for Wii U. I'm calling it right now.

The thing i hate the most in FE:A... is getting the C Support of Gaius and Tharja when I'm not planning to marry MU to Tharja... everytime I'm like damn, poor Tharja not getting the one she stalks D:
Well, Tharja's lucky when I'm playing the game because I always marry her with Robin.

I wish Robin was in Smash.
I'm sorry, but the Gematsu leak is real! Chrom will be playable and not be a Final Smash!!!

Fortunately, I think it will be patched. From what I've heard, the infinite only works because the distance ZSS jumps up when footstooling Robin close to the ground isn't what it should be and ZSS should be launched much further.
Well, I hope this gets patched... it would be a shame if it didn't.

Folt

Smash Ace
It isn't essential, but try Chrom X Olivia, give RFK to Lucina, give her Galeforce, Lethality, Astra, Aether, see how many turns it takes to clear every chapter hence. ;)
Or just give her Galeforce, Luna, and Aether and get the same result for less skills.

(Bonus: Make her a Sage and stick a Tomefaire on her if Sumia or Maribelle are her parents and watch everything die because Tomes rule.)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Cordelia is the one you should feel bad for. She can't even support Chrom.
I bet that we will eventually see Project M for Wii U. I'm calling it right now.

Well, Tharja's lucky when I'm playing the game because I always marry her with Robin.

I'm sorry, but the Gematsu leak is real! Chrom will be playable and not be a Final Smash!!!

Well, I hope this gets patched... it would be a shame if it didn't.
No one has been able to mod the Wii U yet.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Or just give her Galeforce, Luna, and Aether and get the same result for less skills.
(Bonus: Make her a Sage and stick a Tomefaire on her if Sumia or Maribelle are her parents and watch everything die because Tomes rule.)
But I like ParalLOL Falchion...
Also, RFK + Lethality was the takeaway here...

.Shìkì

Smash Ace

No, i can't because I'm marrying her to Robin this time and she hasn't said anything about chrom (yet), so i escaped that. I would have gone for Tharja again, but i really wanted redhead Linfan (thats what Morgan is called where i live). I wonder though, does Tharja stalk F!Robin too? Or are her supports concerning her (like mentioning M!Robin in C-Sup with Gaius) changed?

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529

Yeah I always wondered why she wasnt a support for Chrom I mean she does have a thing for him, it's mentioned multiple times.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
No, i can't because I'm marrying her to Robin th time and she hasn't said anything about chrom (yet), so i escaped that. I would have gone for Tharja again, but i really wanted redhead Linfan (thats what Morgan is called where i live). I wonder though, does Tharja stalk F!Robin too? Or are her supports concerning her (like mentioning M!Robin in C-Sup with Gaius) changed?
The supports stay the same. Also, I've always found blue haired Morgan to be cuter.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Yeah I always wondered why she wasnt a support for Chrom I mean she does have a thing for him, it's mentioned multiple times.
Apparently there is this reocurring thing of a pegasus-knight with hots for the lord but no chance to get him that also appeared in earlier games.

Hong

The Strongest
Indeed. Cordelia is the successor to Katua (localized Catria). A mere soldier hopelessly in love with their cherished lord.

Folt

Smash Ace
But I like ParalLOL Falchion...
Also, RFK + Lethality was the takeaway here...
Lethality has a pretty **** activation rate, even with Rightful King. Just about every other activation skill is better than Lethality. (You get points for style though.)

Parallel Falchion is fine. There's just weapons that outclass it in both range and damage.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Lethality has a pretty **** activation rate, even with Rightful King. Just about every other activation skill is better than Lethality. (You get points for style though.)
Really? That is news to me. My Lucina activates it more than Astra.

Parallel Falchion is fine. There's just weapons that outclass it in both range and damage.
Ah, but does your silly Thoron spell outclass Falchion in style?
No, I do not think it does. :shades:

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
Really? That is news to me. My Lucina activates it more than Astra.
It has to do with how moves are activated when you have more of them equipped, which basically goes like this: Lethality > Aether > Astra > Sol > Luna > Ignis > Vengeance > "+" Skills

So Lethality will always get checked first for proc, before moving on to the others afterwards. It's actual hit rate is 1/4*Skill which RFK adds 10% to (like it does to the other skills). So if you had 50 Skill for example and put on Lethality, Aether, and Astra (1/2*Skill), Lethality would have a 22% activation rate while Aether and Astra would have a 35%. However, Lethality would be checked for whether it procs before the latter two, and Aether would be checked before Astra.

No, I do not think it does. :shades:
Falchion just hits people.

Thoron pierces them with lightning beams.

Style-wise, Thoron owns Falchion's ass!

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
That's the only pairing that makes me uncomfortable because of the love potion.

Humorously enough, the only time the two of them even interact is when Cordelia is sobbing about the murder of her "family." Unless they speak in DLC, it's the closest that the two of them ever get to talking.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I've been playing the Smash Demo... and Robin is just sitting there.. taunting me to buy the game..

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Well, yeah.

Get enough angry, shortsighted monkeys together in a room with a typewriter, they'll type rebellious Shakespeare. Same concept.

Last edited:

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
Its so weird that while in the opening or whatever Chrom x Sumia seems canon,
ingame Chrom x Sully seems "canon", cause thats what you get if you so much as let them get C support and not marry off Chrom or Sully fast enough.

EDIT: Spoilered for good measure, some people here might not know this. Although they should propably read it as to not make the mistake I made in my first playthrough...
Actually, check the stats:

http://serenesforest.net/awakening/characters/supports/

Finally, in the case of equal support points (and, again, if neither of the special cases apply), the priority goes: Sumia > Sully > Maribelle > Avatar > Olivia.
Sumia hits C rank the fastest and has highest priority at every level except pre-C rank.

This. Nintendo, give me Support DLC that lets me pair Cordelia and Chrom, and have Chrom pass Dual Strike+ to Severa instead of Aether to feed her inferiority complex. This must happen, Nintendo!

No, i can't because I'm marrying her to Robin this time and she hasn't said anything about chrom (yet), so i escaped that.
Not counting event tiles and some pre-map discussion (Golden Gaffe, for example) that never changes, Robin is one of the three (I think) pairings where Chrom never gets brought up.

I wonder though, does Tharja stalk F!Robin too? Or are her supports concerning her (like mentioning M!Robin in C-Sup with Gaius) changed?
She stalks female Robin too.

People use Thoron after the prologue? It's all about Cecilia's Gale and Aversa's Night.

Unless they speak in DLC, it's the closest that the two of them ever get to talking.
If I recall, one of the Scrambles has a long and intense conversation between them as long as Cordelia isn't married yet. I forget if Chrom has to be married or not, but I'd assume he has to be as well, given how their conversation goes.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Sumia hits C rank the fastest and has highest priority at every level except pre-C rank.

This. Nintendo, give me Support DLC that lets me pair Cordelia and Chrom, and have Chrom pass Dual Strike+ to Severa instead of Aether to feed her inferiority complex. This must happen, Nintendo!

Not counting event tiles and some pre-map discussion (Golden Gaffe, for example) that never changes, Robin is one of the three (I think) pairings where Chrom never gets brought up.

People use Thoron after the prologue? It's all about Cecilia's Gale and Aversa's Night.

If I recall, one of the Scrambles has a long and intense conversation between them as long as Cordelia isn't married yet. I forget if Chrom has to be married or not, but I'd assume he has to be as well, given how their conversation goes.
Chrom and Cordelia do have a convo in the Beach Scramble DLC.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace

Thanks, you prevented me from ending with Chrom x random village girl. Damn Chrom REALLY needs to get laid , huh...

Also, let me get a way to get shadow gift on my Linfan without waiting for Aversa/Getting Aversa through some means before the post final battle content... D: I want my NG+!

Aww how adorable... But i heard something about a love potion is that what happens so she gets Gaius? Maybe i should ignore her this playthrough or search another pairing for her... Damn.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hey guys! @Hokori had the idea to start up a Robin Skype group, so if you'd like to join it to socialize and whatnot, just post your skype ID here, and I'll add you as a contact, and to the group.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Sorry if this was already posted on this thread, but apparently a Zero Suit Samus infinite was found in Smash 4. And unfortunately for you Robin mains, it only works on him/her. ://///

Hoping for a patch of this soon because well, it's a pretty stupid glitch to get that infinite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDikQiU9fC0

AFeralFurry

Smash Cadet
Sorry if this was already posted on this thread, but apparently a Zero Suit Samus infinite was found in Smash 4. And unfortunately for you Robin mains, it only works on him/her. ://///

Hoping for a patch of this soon because well, it's a pretty stupid glitch to get that infinite.

(Link not posted due to my not having 10 posts yet)
Not watching this right now, but it's that video where Robin gets stuck unable to act due to Samus using Paralyzer to keep him/her paralyzed, right?

Yeah, I saw that. It's gonna get really annoying for Robin mains if that doesn't get patched.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
For what it's worth, that same infinite didn't completely invalidate ROB. It's not going to be a big deal, even if it stays.

Chance of you actually encountering a ZSS who knows how to do it, and does so consistently, are pretty low.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Difference being that with ZSS being a contender for best character in the game, people are going to flock to her in droves in an effort to #TryHard and be the #BestLikeNoOneEverWas

The infinite would be a lot more frequent. Especially in Texas; if they're not maining Sheik or Robin, they're maining ZSS.

As for Skype info, I hope you'll understand if I don't share the name publicly.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
ZSS is overrated in Smash4 really. She has the problems she had in Brawl along with generally more nerfs from Brawl then buffs.
While I wouldn't say that she's bad, she's not as overpowered as people keep saying she is (so far). I picked her up and played a match and thought, 'She seems a bit better..." but then I played another one and she felt like any other character would. The same goes for Bowser. From what people had been saying, those two seemed to be overly strong and extremely easy to pick up. However, they just feel normal next to everyone else.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I didn't say she was bad just that she has the same problems she did as in Brawl, bad OOS options, bad grab, laggy attacks, along with having more nerfs then buffs overall, she has a harder time killing now with the decrease in KB to a lot of her moves and the lack of Armor Pieces at start of the match. She's just being overrated because of the invitational. But she is still a fast character and that goes a long way in Smash.

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
For what it's worth, that same infinite didn't completely invalidate ROB. It's not going to be a big deal, even if it stays.

Chance of you actually encountering a ZSS who knows how to do it, and does so consistently, are pretty low.
Indeed.

In order for ZSS to execute the infinite, she needs to hit you with a suitable charge stun (near max) blaster at point blank range. It's definitely something to consider, but Robin shouldn't live himself/herself open at that range anyway.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Indeed.

In order for ZSS to execute the infinite, she needs to hit you with a suitable charge stun (near max) blaster at point blank range. It's definitely something to consider, but Robin shouldn't live himself/herself open at that range anyway.
Also assuming that there's no VI involved.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Hey guys! @Hokori had the idea to start up a Robin Skype group, so if you'd like to join it to socialize and whatnot, just post your skype ID here, and I'll add you as a contact, and to the group.
I believe mine is falsesense0.

Hong

The Strongest
Meh.

Number one rule of Smash 64: Don't get hit.

Essentially, I'm used to very punishing match-ups... because almost every character could kill me after landing just a jab. Just don't let yourself crack. You never have anything to fear.

Edit - And never be afraid to play "lame" if you want to win, especially against ZSS.

Last edited:
Top Bottom