• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
What is up with the gif in your sig..? XD
You think that's bad, wait until the avi changes.

That said, made it for giggles. It was a complete success.
Hey guys! @Hokori had the idea to start up a Robin Skype group, so if you'd like to join it to socialize and whatnot, just post your skype ID here, and I'll add you as a contact, and to the group.
You can find me under this same name if you'd like. I keep odd hours, but I could drop by.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Welp, tomorrow the Demo officially comes out... everyone ready to have Robin taunting them at the CSS?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Eh, it's only for two weeks. In the meantime, Hyrule Warriors comes out next Friday.

Patience and keeping calm despite what's in front of you is the sign of an experienced tactician. :4robinf:

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Hey guys! @Hokori had the idea to start up a Robin Skype group, so if you'd like to join it to socialize and whatnot, just post your skype ID here, and I'll add you as a contact, and to the group.
So many tacticians in one place!
My Skype name is "shrooby"
Just so you know in the unlikely case more than one comes up while searching for me, my avatar is a :093:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Ah, the SSB4 mains are finally up in my posts.

I have no plans of ever getting the Wii U version, but I just had to have Charizard in there somehow (besides the PM main).

:4lucina::4marth::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4robinm::4robinf:

which one of these characters don't belong? :116:

Lucina? Considering that she is a clone character.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Ah, the SSB4 mains are finally up in my posts.

I have no plans of ever getting the Wii U version, but I just had to have Charizard in there somehow (besides the PM main).

Lucina? Considering that she is a clone character.
Why wouldnt you want the Wii U version? It says you have a NNID so I assume you have a Wii U. Dont you wanna see all the pretty graphics, exclusive game modes, exclusive stages etc?

Sorry i'm just curious

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Why wouldnt you want the Wii U version? It says you have a NNID so I assume you have a Wii U. Dont you wanna see all the pretty graphics, exclusive game modes, exclusive stages etc?

Sorry i'm just curious
I do have a Wii U, but I have a very small library of games, and using it is expensive as heck. And I'm a mobile person, traveling to different places frequently when I'm on break, so there's no need for me to get the same game twice, when I'm mostly going to be playing on the 3DS version anyway. The exclusive game modes won't be enough to interest me, and the stages are a bore (with the exception of Pilot Wings, which admittedly looks really good).

And I don't care about good graphics. I've been waiting for a portable Smash game for a very long time now, and fact that it's now a reality is good enough for me.

Maybe when I find a used copy, I'll consider getting it. But for now, portable Smash >>> HD Smash.

Last edited:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
I do have a Wii U, but I have a very small library of games, and using it is expensive as heck. And I'm a mobile person, traveling to different places frequently when I'm on break, so there's no need for me to get the same game twice, when I'm mostly going to be playing on the 3DS version anyway. The exclusive game modes won't be enough to interest me, and the stages are a bore (with the exception of Pilot Wings, which admittedly looks really good).

And I don't care about good graphics. I've been waiting for a portable Smash game for a very long time now, and fact that it's now a reality is good enough for me.

Maybe when I find a used copy, I'll consider getting it. But for now, portable Smash >>> HD Smash.
Understandable. I really want the 3DS version as well but, I really am going to be itching to get a controller of some sort in my hands.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It is kind of annoying how some people are so surprised that others want to have only the 3DS version of the game and not the Wii U one :p

Graphics really aren't that import, specially for Smash Bros.

Anyways, feels good to have Roy in the background of my posts :dr^_^:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
:4lucina::4marth::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4robinm::4robinf:

which one of these characters don't belong? :116:
Ike. He's the only one who would fail testing for steroids.

Remember, kids. Winners don't use drugs.

Also, I preordered both. Why choose?

Last edited:

Zoa

Smash Ace
It looks to be about 6% per every 25% if your theory is correct, Raziek.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Nosferatu confirmed for lulz worthy. Dat heal formula.

Also, I might join in on the Skype chat sometime (via text, that is). My name there is sunfallSeraph. (:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
It looks to be about 6% per every 25% if your theory is correct, Raziek.
My numbers came out to (Your HP - Opponent's HP) * 1/3, for smaller values (Smash uses partial percentages, so this gets janky sometimes.

25 vs. 0 - 16 (front), 20 (back)
50 vs. 0 - 24 (front), 29 (back)
75 vs. 0 - 32 (front), 38 (back)
100 vs. 0 - 40 (front), 48 (back)
75 vs. 25 - 24 (front), 29 (back)

It also seems to have a weird spot between 0 and 25, where the scaling doesn't ramp up completely.

Comes out to about 8% per 25.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
It is kind of annoying how some people are so surprised that others want to have only the 3DS version of the game and not the Wii U one :p

I'm not surprised at all.
I mean, judging from everything Ninty's done they're being marketed to different communities. Which is not surprising given the general install base for the Wii U versus the 3DS.
It's only natural that some would prefer one over the other.

Last edited:

Reila

I'm not surprised at all.
I mean, judging from everything Ninty's done they're being marketed to different communities. Which is not surprising given the general install base for the Wii U versus the 3DS.
It's only natural that some would prefer one over the other.
That is exactly my point. I can totally see reasons for people wanting to own one version over the other or even both versions.

For me, at the moment, the 3DS version is what I want and am excited to play. They are yet to show an exclusive feature for the Wii U version to make me feel tempted to buy a $300 system and a copy of the game. But for others, playing with le Gamecube controller is more than enough to push them into buying Smash U. For they, playing the game on a big screen, as well as the HD graphics could be very important, etc.

On the other hand, to some people, the portability of Smash 3DS is a huge plus. Smash Run, even if local only, is interesting enough to convince them into buying Smash 3DS. Hell, as divisive as it is, there are a lot of people who like the 3D effect. Last but not least, it might sound weird to some, but the 3DS version graphics do have an appeal. They aren't HD, but they are so charming. I really like what Nintendo did to that version in terms of visuals~

Zoa

Smash Ace
My numbers came out to (Your HP - Opponent's HP) * 1/3, for smaller values (Smash uses partial percentages, so this gets janky sometimes.

25 vs. 0 - 16 (front), 20 (back)
50 vs. 0 - 24 (front), 29 (back)
75 vs. 0 - 32 (front), 38 (back)
100 vs. 0 - 40 (front), 48 (back)
75 vs. 25 - 24 (front), 29 (back)

It also seems to have a weird spot between 0 and 25, where the scaling doesn't ramp up completely.

Comes out to about 8% per 25.
I keep getting 8.148.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I know I made my option known a bit flippantly, but I weighed my options as well. If I may speak for the "both" crowd a bit?

The 3DS offered a series I love, anywhere, anytime, on a system I already owned, and sooner than a console version. That's what we call a snap keep. It does however force me to concede a different control scheme; even the new 3DS, with its much hyped Nintendo Nipple C-stick has a starkly different feel from the GameCube controller, and the tiny screen makes precision more of a challenge.

The Wii U version by contrast not only limited me to locations where I could haul and hook up the console, but also forced me to not only make a sizable investment that I would be unable, with my titanic CRT, to utilize to its fullest. And, perhaps most criminally, it would force me to wait a month. But in exchange I would be granted usage of a fresh outlook on the series in familiar settings (and with familiar controls), and the opportunity to set up the kinds of side-by-side play that hooked me so deeply on Smash in the first place.

This isn't an argument itself, however; these are just the pros and coins that made it difficult to choose. My decision was solidified when I came into a source of side income that I could earmark safely for the Wii U console, and the knowledge that I would likely get other games for it as well (I'm looking at you, Zelda Wii U), making it not a one-title investment that would be difficult to justify.

I would say my position is unique, certainly, and hinged on things others may well not have. But I'll count my fortunes gladly, and scrub on both versions until they shine like diamonds.

MindlessFire

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't be the first time people bought a console just for one game. Heck, a lot of people bought a Gamecube just to play Super Smash Bros Melee and some of them still have their Gamecubes today.

Reila

I am not "people", though. I don't buy a system unless there are at least five or more games I want and the Wii U doesn't fit the criteria yet.

Btw great post, @ redfeatherraven redfeatherraven

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

Time to go castle crashing again.

No doubt this stage was returning.

Only this time, Robin can seize it this time!

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
:4robinf: is used over :4robinm: in revealing a past stage for the Wii U.

As it should be. :)

Reila

I love that stage in Brawl. Glad to see it is returning, specially given how bland the Coliseum stage is.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Castle Siege and Colosseum are two stages that aren't exclusive to specific games in the franchise.
I think Sakurai just indirectly confirmed a Fire Emblem game-specific stage for the Wii U.

Midmire/Mila Tree/Dragon's Table/Outrealms stage go go go.

Zoa

Smash Ace
I FOUND IT! It took a lot of backwards calculations (did all sorts of incorrect steps for different problems that drove me nuts), but I'm 100% certain. It's 6.25 for every 25% you have over your opponent.

I started out by dividing 326 by 25. My end result was 13.04. So then I divided 326 by four (similar manner to how four 25s are 1/4 of 100), and got 81.5. I then divided 81.5 by the 13.04 I acquired earlier and got 6.25. Plugging in the numbers is the final equation:

6.25 * 13.04 = 81.5
81.5 * 4 = 326

I can't believe I couldn't get this out of my head. It was like a bad song repeating in your head. :urg:

Reila

I think Sakurai just indirectly confirmed a Fire Emblem game-specific stage for the Wii U.

Midmire/Mila Tree/Dragon's Table/Outrealms stage go go go.
That doesn't confirm anything at all, directly or indirectly.

Three Fire Emblem stages would be great, but I doubt the Wii U version have more than the Coliseum and Castle Siege.

Top Bottom