• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
What about dash grab? I thought I saw some really questionable grabs come out of Robin on streams but I may be misremembering.
It's not the worst. I'll make a quick video of grab ranges.
The thing that throws me off is the actual grab is a very specific part of the animation. As a Bowser main in Melee, I'm used to using Koopa Claw from relatively high up and getting rather generous results upon landing. With Nosferatu, it seems you need to use it a little later closer to landing, or else it misses even though they are engulfed in shadow.

Granted, I don't own this version and don't get a lot of time with it.
The active 'catch' window is much shorter than the total animation. However, the vertical distance on the catch is pretty generous.
Never play 999 or VLR then.
Or play it anyway because they're GODLIKE.

Hong

The Strongest
In general, any kind of precision activity is not very fun on the 3DS version. :|

Of course before you play it, you can see videos of people playing it and wondering how they missed something, but after you've played it, you'll find out why. I honestly never ever liked action games in general with the 3DS pad. Granted, it was okay for Tales of Abyss.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
ZE3 is essentially in permanent hiatus at this point.

I'm going to post a moveset video in about 20 minutes (upload time). I just realized I forgot to showcase the rolls/airdodge, but whatever. Maybe I did it at SOME point during the video.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
ZE3 is essentially in permanent hiatus at this point.
Don't remind me. ;-;

It's really sad too because the first 2 games were just so good. Very few stories I've watched/played/read have been able to evoke such strong emotions out of me and constantly keep me on the edge of my seat as 999 and VLR did and only one other set of stories has been able to surpass 999 and VLR in terms of that kind of stuff, The Maze Runner trilogy and their prequel The Kill Order. And the likely chance of the trilogy not getting finished... It's rather heartbreaking.

Fluggerson

Smash Apprentice
Was disappointed that there was no hooded robin, but I am ok with that! There are so many colors for him/her! I am having trouble on which one I like more: White hair, black robe Robin or Black hair, white robe Robin. They both look really good and I like the blue one too since blue is my fav. color :)

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Still hoping for a certain evil alt of him as DLC... Also I'd imagine his "White mage" outfit looking really awesome in HD with added details.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Mother 2 for me I find also has the effect of evoking emotions in me for successive playthroughs more than Mother 3. I don't know what it is... I guess it's because they didn't try to tell you when, or what, you should feel.

For example, whenever Ness comes home after a long journey... something about how his mother is always ready to make him his favourite food is touching. No matter how strong and amazing Ness can become, he's just a little boy and he can get a little homesick from time-to-time. He's human, and even without words you know that.

(Video will glitch from time-to-time, as it was hard-coded to English and unintended for YouTube's player.)
If they ever remake it, they should just have visuals cues to accompany it. Takes away some of the strategy of hypnosis and whatnot, but it's not worth the drawback of ambiguity.
That's something else too. Although it's a game with aliens and super powered children, they portray Ness and the other characters realisticly... in a way you can relate to.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Question:

Does catching an expended tome/leven sword and using it as a throwing item delay the recovery of that tome/leven sword.

If no, could you use up a first leven sword, wait for the recovery time, upthrow the expended leven sword, use a smash to bring out a new leven sword, catch the old one, and be totally dual wielding leven swords?

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
Seeing how Smash is popular with both males and females, it's no large wonder why both are popular.
Well, yeah, but I think that's more of a result of both genders being pretty popular in Fire Emblem: Awakening too. Both genders are among the best units in the series and both genders have their own advantages over each other (In my opinion, :4robinm: gets much better marriage options in regards to kids gameplay-wise and the best Morgan character-wise, while :4robinf: gets the best Morgan gameplay-wise and access to Galeforce) so you don't feel like you've made the bad choice if you picked one over the other. But at the same time, because they still have their differences, playing as the other gender is worth doing just to see what you would have done differently from the other.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Well, yeah, but I think that's more of a result of both genders being pretty popular in Fire Emblem: Awakening too. Both genders are among the best units in the series and both genders have their own advantages over each other (In my opinion, :4robinm: gets much better marriage options in regards to kids gameplay-wise and the best Morgan character-wise, while :4robinf: gets the best Morgan gameplay-wise and access to Galeforce) so you don't feel like you've made the bad choice if you picked one over the other. But at the same time, because they still have their differences, playing as the other gender is worth doing just to see what you would have done differently from the other.
F!Morgan is the better Morgan character wise. Also, she can get Aether.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
All the more reason to allow custom special moves in tournaments. More moves = more chances of a specific button being good. More good buttons usually means more killing.:colorful: But sometimes it can backfire and we might get a super broken custom special move that drags out the game.

Like imagine if :4diddy: got his nanners back.
Please. Don't give :4diddy: his nanners back. For the children.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Just as a reminder: We now have a Q&A thread, which is a good place to ask your Robin-related questions. In addition, for the Mother series discussion we had earlier, I also created a social thread on the Ness forum. You're not doing anything horrible by talking about it here, but you can touch base with even more people interested in the series.

With the NA release nary three weeks ahead of us, I'm going to try to have everything we need good to go for when the time comes.

Edit - Whoa. Apparently I have been in this thread for over a year.

Which in of itself is strange. I occasionally interacted on all sorts of character threads, but aside from that I have been scarcely involved with character speculation hype. Mostly just a post or two to have fun with everyone and then I'm gone. I suppose I just liked the community enough to hang around.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Edit - Whoa. Apparently I have been in this thread for over a year.

Which in of itself is strange. I occasionally interacted on all sorts of character threads, but aside from that I have been scarcely involved with character speculation hype. Mostly just a post or two to have fun with everyone and then I'm gone. I suppose I just liked the community enough to hang around.
Hey, at least you can now say that you did it once. And you couldn't have picked a better character to do so!
Because otherwise, we wouldn't have met
Because Robin truly had his ups and downs in speculation and got, out of nowhere, a, nay, THE best character trailer in Smash history.

Though I don't think I need to remind you. After all, you've been here quite a while before I got here.

Last edited:

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
So it's been revealed that ZSS's infinite only works on robin.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I will cherish my video of meteor smashing ZSS as Robin and guard it with my life.

As a sad side note, I had friends in my room and somehow my 3DS charger got broken. Sigh. I guess I'm running to Gamestop tomorrow... No more Smash until then...

Last edited:

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Fortunately, I think it will be patched. From what I've heard, the infinite only works because the distance ZSS jumps up when footstooling Robin close to the ground isn't what it should be and ZSS should be launched much further.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
So Hong Hong now that Vectoring is a thing, i guess that's it for competitive Smash 4
descarga (3).jpg

Not really tho :awesome:

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
People stuck on the Project M mindset so hard that anything that resembles notacombo is dismissed as inferior to their lord and savior.

I await the ritual where the competitive scene sacrifices Smash 4 at The Dragon's Table in order to create Project M v4.987466^3.14

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
As a 64 player, **** all of you. THE BEST GAME HAS ALREADY BEEN OUT FOR OVER FIFTEEN YEARS!

I'd pay like $100 for a Super Smash Bros expansion pack. :dk64::falcon64::fox64::jigglypuff64::kirby64::link64::luigi64::mario64::ness64::pikachu64::samus64::yoshi64:

0%->death combos for you, and for you, and for everyone! :039:

But really, I can see a whole lot of 100% understandable reasons for not wanting to play this game again.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
As a 64 player, **** all of you. THE BEST GAME HAS ALREADY BEEN OUT FOR OVER FIFTEEN YEARS!

I'd pay like $100 for a Super Smash Bros expansion pack. :dk64::falcon64::fox64::jigglypuff64::kirby64::link64::luigi64::mario64::ness64::pikachu64::samus64::yoshi64:

0%->death combos for you, and for you, and for everyone! :039:

But really, I can see a whole lot of 100% understandable reasons for not wanting to play this game again.
I just find 64 to be rather ironic in that of all of the Smash games it has the most potential to be the campiest smash games of them all but it isn't hated like Brawl is. Probably because it's player base is relaxed and chill and doesn't play like that. But the potential is there nonetheless.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So is this thread dedicated to Robin X Lucina shipping like the Lucina thread? Or am I safe(r) here?
Ew to that. I much prefer M!MorganxLucina over that pairing, and over F!RobinxChrom as well.

It's going to be alright.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I was watching a gameplay video of All-Star Mode with our favorite tactician...
Video

Can Robin really dish out damage as high as 49% with a fsmash? Or is there some sort of difficulty/damage influence on how much the player can do?

Pls explain dis phenomenon

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
>enters thread
>see shipping wars
>leaves
Aw, don't leave us Reila. Not like last time. :(

I suppose you don't have a favorite ship, do you?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Aw, don't leave us Reila. Not like last time. :(

I suppose you don't have a favorite ship, do you?
When was last time?

Not at all. I only think Sumia x Chrom screams canon, but that is about it.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
When was last time?

Not at all. I only think Sumia x Chrom screams canon, but that is about it.
Its so weird that while in the opening or whatever Chrom x Sumia seems canon,
ingame Chrom x Sully seems "canon", cause thats what you get if you so much as let them get C support and not marry off Chrom or Sully fast enough.

EDIT: Spoilered for good measure, some people here might not know this. Although they should propably read it as to not make the mistake I made in my first playthrough...

I was watching a gameplay video of All-Star Mode with our favorite tactician...
Video

Can Robin really dish out damage as high as 49% with a fsmash? Or is there some sort of difficulty/damage influence on how much the player can do?

Pls explain dis phenomenon
Allstarmode. Attacks do more % than they would in a "real" match. after all you are supposed to win against every single character in the roster with only 3 (or was it 4? ) healing items.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Speaking of mistake, I shouldn't have married my Robin to Chrom. Nothing against him, but she deserves something better. ._.

Folt

Smash Ace
I generally marry :4robinm: to someone with a child (hopefully male) and modifiers leaning towards magic (or skill and speed... or all three). Or Aversa for Shadowgift Morgan.

I marry :4robinf: to any first-gen character that is not Chrom. M!Morgan x Lucina is cute (and Rightful King kinda blows anyways), and wicked powerful.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Speaking of mistake, I shouldn't have married my Robin to Chrom. Nothing against him, but she deserves something better. ._.
Hey, nothing wrong with Chrom.
Except for originality.

Actually, that's not true. He's very much a "let the men handle this" kind of guy. If I was his wife, this would immediately be a problem. Especially if I was spell-tossing, map-leveling badass like Robin.

Also, he's sort of dead-weight if you neglect him at ALL.

Top Bottom