• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I just wish that instead of SMT x FE it was EO x FE. It's still the same company, Atlus, but with a game series that would fit so much better with FE in my opinion.

Hong

The Strongest
Indeed. FOEs + permanent death sounds like an excellent combination.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Well honestly the atmosphere of FE and SMT are pretty polarizing with each other, so i'm really interested in how this project turns out.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
As was discussed in the Shulk thread, Xeno Emblem would be way cooler than SMT x Fire Emblem.
A lot of things would be way cooler than SMT x Fire Emblem. I love both franchises, but I have no idea why they are making this crossover.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I'll be sure to form an opinion on FE x SMT once we actually see gameplay from it.
Seriously, if it's not in the next general Direct I don't even...

Reila

We will only see gameplay footage of SMT x FE when The Last Guardian is finally released.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Cause money and crossovers go hand to hand. Also speaking of bread when Brawl was still the new hotness and such I used to bring a loaf of raisin bread to out of state tourneys cause I was a Falco main lol also help with mid tourney hunger.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The Einherjar from Awakening gives Shin Megami Tensei the perfect excuse to have the Fire Emblem characters be the SMT protagonists' party members. Fight the rogue spirits, barter with them, have them join you as you go fight God for the hundredth time.

Also, fusing Fire Emblem characters. That would be hilarious.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
A lot of things would be way cooler than SMT x Fire Emblem. I love both franchises, but I have no idea why they are making this crossover.
Essentially, it goes with the same reason why we are getting Hyrule Warriors. Nintendo can't attract third party franchises to the Wii U, so by co-developing a title with a third party, they can get third parties to the Wii U. They can get more attention for their own franchises, but at the same time convince fans of a particular third party or franchise to get a Wii U.

As to why SMT as opposed another Atlus franchise, I'd gather that SMT is Atlus's biggest franchise. Thus, it's the one that would be most successful in achieving Nintendo's goal.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
The initial announcement of Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem definitely surprised me. I too love both franchises, but crossing over these two in a single game is quite odd to me. SMT and Fire Emblem are quite different in tone.

I think it should've been a different franchise for FE to crossover with, but the idea of having Fire Emblem favorites (apparently) set in modern Tokyo/World is intriguing.

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
I'd live in a mansion in the outrealms, gathering legendary weapons and items from all over the series.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
You are born in the world of Fire Emblem Awakening.

In terms of place/country/land, where would you prefer to live? The Halidom of Ylisse? The rich and prosperous Plegia? The nigh-ascetic Chon'sin? Any of the other various lands? Perhaps Regna Ferox? Rosanne?
Well, seeing how my character would study the dark arts of Necromancy, I'd live in the outrealm ^^

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Ima change the subject a little bit, but not before saying that I have no idea what SMT is. So naturally the crossover comes of as meh to me.

Now just to change the subject a little bit: what's your favorite Robin support convo? Across both genders. It's probably been asked already; I haven't had my say in it :seuss:

My favorite M!Robin support needs zero explanation:

F!Robin support, however, is a tie between THREE:

I'm perfectly willing to make my next playthrough as F!Robin just to do this myself.

Chrom's and Lon'qu's are how I'd most likely react in real life and I enjoy them because of it. Ricken's because he's adorable.

Last edited:

Reila

Essentially, it goes with the same reason why we are getting Hyrule Warriors. Nintendo can't attract third party franchises to the Wii U, so by co-developing a title with a third party, they can get third parties to the Wii U. They can get more attention for their own franchises, but at the same time convince fans of a particular third party or franchise to get a Wii U.

As to why SMT as opposed another Atlus franchise, I'd gather that SMT is Atlus's biggest franchise. Thus, it's the one that would be most successful in achieving Nintendo's goal.
I know why cross-overs happen and I am not against them. I am only saying pairing SMT with Fire Emblem is a weird idea.

Why not Fire Emblem x Pokémon... It could even be my so wished Pokémon Conquest 2!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Emblem Warriors, Frederick would be Lu Bu
I would really like to see "Emblem Warriors". Screw Hyrule Warriors 2, we need this.
As good as Zelda x Dynasty Warriors fits, Fire Emblem would work so much better.

Especially considering the wealth of MAIN characters the series has.

I also want to see Pokemon Warriors, with all of the Pokemon using actual weapons like Katanas.

Hong

The Strongest
"Emblem Warriors", starring :4myfriends:. :4myfriends: is joined by :4myfriends:, :4myfriends:, as well as the series hallmark :4myfriends:. Guest starring :4myfriends:.

Seriously. Step one, play either of the Tellius games. Step two, get Ragnell. Step three, run towards the enemy and end your phase.

Bam, Emblem Warriors. Watch as Ike cuts down the entire enemy army, unable to be as little as scratched by any ranged attack that isn't magic, and absorbing life from anyone foolish enough to engage in close-quarters. Truly, if you thought Pair Up made Awakening a brainless experience, it still pales compared to the majestic beast that is Ike with Aether and Ragnell.

:4myfriends:2:4myfriends:strong:4myfriends:4:4myfriends:u:4myfriends:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
"Emblem Warriors", starring :4myfriends:. :4myfriends: is joined by :4myfriends:, :4myfriends:, as well as the series hallmark :4myfriends:. Guest starring :4myfriends:.

Seriously. Step one, play either of the Tellius games. Step two, get Ragnell. Step three, run towards the enemy and end your phase.

Bam, Emblem Warriors. Watch as Ike cuts down the entire enemy army, unable to be as little as scratched by any ranged attack that isn't magic, and absorbing life from anyone foolish enough to engage in close-quarters. Truly, if you thought Pair Up made Awakening a brainless experience, it still pales compared to the majestic beast that is Ike with Aether and Ragnell.

:4myfriends:2:4myfriends:strong:4myfriends:4:4myfriends:u:4myfriends:
But muh Frederick iz too stronk

Hong

The Strongest
But muh Frederick iz too stronk
:ike: would expose him for a fraud. :4myfriends: would outright snap him like a twig.

That's not an insult to Frederick. :4myfriends: is just too much for any other Fire Emblem hero to handle.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
:ike: would expose him for a fraud. :4myfriends: would outright snap him like a twig.

That's not an insult to Frederick. :4myfriends: is just too much for any other Fire Emblem hero to handle.
Ok ok i admit defeat, :4myfriends: is Lu Bu
DO NOT PURSUE :4myfriends:

Hong

The Strongest
Imagine Ike with the same makeover Ganondorf got in Smash Bros.

:GCB:: Heroic Fist
:GCB::GCR:: Crimean Dragon
:GCB::GCD:: Vanguard Foot
:GCB::GCU:: Gawain Dive
:GCDpad:: Pulls out Ragnell, laughs, and puts it away.

D

Deleted member

Imagine Ike with the same makeover Ganondorf got in Hyrule Warriors.

Hair that could deflect bullets.
Don't forget about two Ragnells. Ike would basically be unstoppable.

Imagine Ike with the same makeover Ganondorf got in Smash Bros.

:GCB:: Heroic Fist
:GCB::GCR:: Crimean Dragon
:GCB::GCD:: Vanguard Foot
:GCB::GCU:: Gawain Dive
:GCDpad:: Pulls out Ragnell, laughs, and puts it away.
I would only want that to happen just to see the reactions when we get a third Captain Falcon clone; Captain Ikedorf.

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't it because they wanted a Fire Emblem set in modern or futuristic time periods without losing the appeal that is Fire Emblem? They basically set it up already in Awakening with the Einherjar.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I'll wait until I see SMT X FE before passing a judgement on it. Or actually, I'll wait until I play it.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Wasn't it because they wanted a Fire Emblem set in modern or futuristic time periods without losing the appeal that is Fire Emblem? They basically set it up already in Awakening with the Einherjar.
Didn't they confirm that it's going to be a turn based RPG though? or at least so i've heard.

Last edited:

Graydient

Smash Cadet
I still think SMT x FE is such a weird crossover. Persona makes a lot more sense since it appeals more to the anime/high school demographic, whereas main SMT is on the more mature side.

Last edited:

Reila

Didn't they confirm that it's going to be a turn based RPG though? or at least so i've heard.
They did? The only thing I heard is that the lead team developing the game is from ATLUS, but they developed their fair share of SRPG too, like Devil Survivor. Well, I hope it is a SRPG or a mix of SRPG with turn based like Devil Survivor, but if it is a simple turn based RPG then it is fine for me as well. Either way, I hope they implement the press turn system in the game.
I still think SMT x FE is such a weird crossover. Persona makes a lot more sense since it appeals more to the anime/high school demographic, whereas main SMT is on the more mature side.
A Fire Emblem x Persona cross-over would make even less sense. Also, ATLUS is all about Persona nowadays, so I am glad they are using the actual Shin Megami Tensei series for something.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Persona?, apart from the shipping i don't see much of a match there :awesome:
At least SMT is more focused on the demons themselves so i suppose that can create interesting plot points or the game *cough*Grima and Lucifer*cough*, but Persona is more animeish focusing more on the characters and their relationships.

Reila

Just for the sake of clarifying, when I said "actual Shin Megami Tensei series", I wasn't trying to belittle the Persona series or anything. It is just that it isn't part of the Shin Megami Tensei series in Japan and ATLUS apparently stopped putting the "SMT" prefix in Persona games if Persona 4 Golden is anything to go by.

Believe me or not, someone got REALLY mad at me because of a similar comment in the past. xD

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Just for the sake of clarifying, when I said "actual Shin Megami Tensei series", I wasn't trying to belittle the Persona series or anything. It is just that it isn't part of the Shin Megami Tensei series in Japan and ATLUS apparently stopped putting the "SMT" prefix in Persona games if Persona 4 Golden is anything to go by.

Believe me or not, someone got REALLY mad at me because of a similar comment in the past. xD
Yes but even if that wasn't the case i think anybody who has played games of both franchises know that they are way different in atmosphere and storytelling, and gameplay to an extent. So Persona x FE would be way more outlandish that a SMT crossover (wich is already pretty unorthodox).

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I'm happy magic, a large part of FE, is finally being represented in Smash and through Robin :)

Top Bottom