• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
it looks like we tipped the scales!!!

Official icon for all the tacticians on this thread!

Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
The second I saw that signature tactician's cloak, I actually screamed. Literally screamed. And not that awesome yell of celebration. It came out as a girly shriek, and I don't even care. I got my most wanted newcomer out of it, and Gematsu's not looking so hot right now. Take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt, people.

On the other hand, having Chrom as part of Robin's Final Smash is pretty neat. I'm a bit sad, seeing as I was a supporter of him myself, but I wanted Robin more. It's been almost two hours and my hands are still shaking. It was nice of them to include Chrom in Robin's artwork.

Dat Lucina though...

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Ya I was fully expecting Grima but I guess they wanted to include Chrom somehow instead of pay him dust and utilize the pair-up method.

I still think Grima would've been a better decision.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Might I remind you that Gematsu has predicted
-Mega Man
-Wii Fit Trainer
-Little Mac
-Pac-Man
-Mii Fighters
-Palutena
-Greninja (partially)

And Chrom was even shown in the Lucina/MU trailer.

The fact that he says Lucas is "likely" to get cut is a clear sign he got his information before the roster was finalized, probably when Chrom was still being considered as a fighter
Keep in mind... he could've had some legit info, and made up the rest to cash in on the fame. That's always a possibility. The only updated bit he got was Mii Fighters. Robin is a huge GLARING hole in the Gematsu leak.

It is possible Chrom was outdated... and its also just as possible that Chrom was a guess, or the info he heard was "main character from Fire Emblem Awakening" and immediately assumed Chrom. Either way, we got Robin, so I'm not complaining.

Stage4Boss

Smash Cadet
If I were a betting man I would bet that Chrom is not the only person that comes out of Robin's FS. I am more willing to bet it is support attack and that a large cast of FE:A characters can appear.

It's just the way that he calls Chrom's name and his cut in appears that gives me the impression that this attack is expandable to other characters as well.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't know how many times I yelled "holy ****" during the trailer, but were many.

Last edited:

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
I'm glad it's what it is because we finally get to slaughter Gematsu.
I think it'll work like Great Aether or Triforce Slash in the sense that Robin swings his sword or whatnot and Chrom appears a little ways ahead of him. They then start hacking and slashing yadda yadda yadda Great Aether.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I like the Final Smash because it gives Chrom some sort of representation in the game. Chrom fans deserve at least that.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
It is really badass how Robin throws her sword into the air to cast spells and then catches it again. Flashy.

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
I was never a huge Robin supporter, but I'm glad that he's in, and possibly killed the Gamastu leak, since every time there was going to be a character reveal, it was always narrowed down to the characters in the leak.

Also, they have feet.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
I have to say, this truly is one of the most organically natural fan-bases that have ever grown within the development period of this game. We are firmly-rooted supporters reaping what we sow, and what we have sown is the bountiful harvest of our labors.

Thank you all, fellow tacticians.

AGreatProcrastinator

Smash Apprentice
Wow. I honestly didn't think he'd get in. After watching the trailer I'm pretty happy I was wrong. Another one on the "candidates for maining" list.

Last edited:

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
When Robin says thunder...did anyone else go THUNDER THUNDER THUNDER CATS!

No? Didn't think so.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Dual Strike, I assume is the name. It appeared Chrom was summoned with a teleport Staff and then struck the opponent to initiate the FS.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I re watched the trailer a couple times. I think thunder is chargable into many different powerful forms and remains his neutral special. it seems archfire is only a smash attack

EDIT: nevermind arcfire is used in the air, looks like a side b, also seems to function like ness's pkf :3

also it looks like the color of the tome is only specific to the move previously used. you can use any type of magic with any type of tome equipped. they will just magically change color.
check the last part of the trailer when they reveal female robin
Yes, I just noticed this myself. Female Robin uses Arc Fire, rolls, then uses Arc Thunder. The move starts with the red fire tome, then turned yellow to signify the yellow thunder tome

The most interesting however is that the audio says ARC THUNDER before she even starts the move, while rolling.

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
Chrom: "I suppose I'll get my chance... another day..."

So Gematsu = Grima and Lucina traveled back in time to stop it from happening.

#AnythingCanChange

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Did you see Robin's aerial attack on Fox? I think that's his forward air, and it has a LOT of lag on it. I need to continue watching the video to figure all this out.

ThePlayer77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Defenceknight
3DS FC
0559-6785-8830
Congratulations you guys! It is really neat to get one of you favorite characters in the game!

OH SCREW THIS CALM DEMEANOR, ROBIN IS IN SMASH BROS! WOO!!

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I feel bad for the Chrom supporters, but at least he is included in the game in this form. I like the final smash idea.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Guys does Shulk look a little weird to anybody? I mean I don't remember the Monado looking that jagged and having thunder, and he didn't sound like he was British in the trailer... Oh well maybe it's a new design for smash or something.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

This song never gets old.

And look how has Fire Emblem come. This song, Marth and Roy was the first glimpse of the series in the West. Now, we have four Fire Emblem characters in this game.

It's a great time to be a FE fan.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I actually kind of wondered why "Together we ride" played during Robin's reveal and not Id ~ Purpose, but oh well.
Still a great trailer.

ToastMiller

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I just noticed this myself. Female Robin uses Arc Fire, rolls, then uses Arc Thunder. The move starts with the red fire tome, then turned yellow to signify the yellow thunder tome

The most interesting however is that the audio says ARC THUNDER before she even starts the move, while rolling.
I think the vocals might have just been added. idk though.
But the fact that she isnt JUST using thunder and is using arc thunder immediately without charging mean either its mapped to a different move (unlikely since we see charging animation) or that you can store the charge (like samus's neutral b)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, here's my reactions:

Naturally I was FREAKING OUT the entire time.

Great reveal trailer. Now I just hope Sakurai isn't stupid enough to think Robin makes Isaac redundant.
Isaac would play completely differently, especially if they make him fight with earth Psynergy. Earth magic doesn't even exist in Fire Emblem.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I actually kind of wondered why "Together we ride" played during Robin's reveal and not Id ~ Purpose, but oh well.
Still a great trailer.
Because Together We Ride is the song that always plays when new characters are recruited in FE games. At least some of the earlier ones. Its the most iconic FE song and fits PERFECTLY for an FE newcomer trailer.

Seriously, though, with Ike's bulkier build, Marth and Lucina representing traditional male and female Lords, and Robin representing mages, NOW we've got a great and well-rounded Fire Emblem lineup. Now we just need the same love for the DK franchise with both K. Rool and Dixie Kong.

ThePlayer77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Defenceknight
3DS FC
0559-6785-8830

This song never gets old.

And look how has Fire Emblem come. This song, Marth and Roy was the first glimpse of the series in the West. Now, we have four Fire Emblem characters in this game.

It's a great time to be a FE fan.
It's so nice to finally get some FE representation in Smash. Heck, in Melee we didn't even have a stage to our name. Now we got 2 stages and 4 characters, even more(as of now) than other "staple" smash series such as Kirby and Star Fox.

A great time to be a Fire Emblem fan, indeed.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I've said it before and I'll say it again. "Anything can change, including Chrom's chances." Congrats to you hardcore Robin fans, it's a good day today. I might have her as a secondary main since it looks like Micaiah won't be playable.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
It seems like I am alone in thinking that Elwind is Robin's up-special, seeing as shooting the wind down seemed to push him upward in the trailer.
I suppose it's possible, but it rather looked like he just jumped after using it.

Top Bottom