• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm glad Robin is playable, I was just really clinging to Gematsu that really made fade away from Robin, the tactician looks great, and I'm glad he got in over Chrom, here's to hoping for more ideal representation.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
My mind was mostly blown, not one but two Fire Emblem Awakening characters, that wasn't even something I ever expected to expected to happen. I was later in on the Robin train but I am very glad to see how this played out.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Robin looks good model and animation wise! I'm worried that he might be a more luck based character, like with the tomes and how they cycle. Just gotta wait for more info on it I guess.
Hm, I thought the tomes changed based on character customization. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations all Robin supporters!

Now back to playing Shadow Dragon, then after the sequel I can finally unwrap my copy of Awakening. :substitute:

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
Whatever the case, I am so glad that Robin's moveset has the spells from Fire Emblem, with his sword kind of being implied as his fallback weapon, rather than the main one. I've always been more of a magic person when it comes to JRPGs and Fire Emblem is no different. And since I've always played my Avatar as being a magic person (he was a Sorcerer, if you want to know), I like how he even gets to use dark magic as well.

Incidentally, I don't think anyone's going to be surprised at what I'm saying next, but Robin appears to prefer the lightning element, which is a nice callback to how your Avatar starts out with a Thunder tome and uses thunder magic in cutscenes.

Hong

The Strongest
Just out of curiosity, how was your reaction of seeing Robin? (mine was screaming like a little girl and jumping around).
I recorded it, but I don't really shout like other people. I'm really quiet. ^~^

I flailed around a lot, though.

Edit - And laughed hysterically at this part.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I never doubted her for a second, okay, maybe I did. However, I have always maintained that I believed her to be the most likely Fire Emblem Newcomer, with Lucina as a second. I was correct (as usual). @False Sense was the first to provide some evidence in her favor (first that I saw) and from there I found my own and to this day, it is irrelevant because she is IN. My sister plans to main Male Robin whereas I intend to main Female Robin.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Which Robin will be used as the icon for this board? Is there a way to put both Robins in the icon? pls ;_;

Hong

The Strongest
Again, thanks a lot everyone. Especially those of you who joined us before today.

It's not even like we established the leak was ever false. We simply gave credence to logic and good judgment.

Did you seriously ****ing think we would get an Awakening character and it would be Chrom?

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
I am here to repent! Robin has always been my most wanted newcomer but I lost faith after the 3rd gematsu leak! My brothers! The day before my name day sakurai bestowed upon me the ultimate gift! Please forgive me for losing faith about robin being in!

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I was a Chrom supporter but Robin won me over plus Chrom's cameo as part of his/her final smash is pretty cool and a nice nod to Awakening

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Congrats, guys! I'm happy you all got your character.

And what a character it is, oh boy. So many characters I want to play as... Holy sword+magic combo, batman.

Morbi

Scavenger
Again, thanks a lot everyone. Especially those of you who joined us before today.

It's not even like we established the leak was ever false. We simply gave credence to logic and good judgment.

Did you seriously ****ing think we would get an Awakening character and it would be Chrom?
Ah, in hind-sight, of course not. In fore-sight, it was a different story. In fact, you were the one who convinced me to support both Chrom and Robin. You dastardly devil! Honestly, the game is fixed for me. Best roster EVA. It was my least favorite prior to today, my only regret is that Chrom was not also playable.
:denzel:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I've been seeing some reactions, there is a lot of people who for some reason thought Robin was Shulk... and Bayonetta.

Morbi

Scavenger
I've been seeing some reactions, there is a lot of people who for some reason thought Robin was Shulk... and Bayonetta.
I understand Shulk... I do not understand Bayonetta. He is as cool as a British swordsmen and she is as sexy as a crazy witch that hunts demons?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I understand Shulk... I do not understand Bayonetta. He is as cool as a British swordsmen and she is as sexy as a crazy witch that hunts demons?
A guy litterally saw him floating after saving Lucina and said "Is that Bayonetta?!", no idea why though :awesome:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Since Robin carries around a tome and has white hair, he/she makes me think of Kakashi.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I can't make sense of this guy.

Right at the beginning of gameplay, when he was fighting Captain Falcon, he instantly changed tomes after rolling. He went from using the green book to the red one.

And there's his thunder and lightning attacks. He has four different lightning-based attacks in his arsenal. Maybe it is based on charging up the button? Is each element assigned to one of his Special Moves besides up special?

Where do the customizable special moves come in? What will his variations be like? How in the world do you instantly change tomes? How many uses will he have for each tome?

Jesus Christ.. So much to analyze. I'm not even familiar with this character, but I'm dying to play as him.

Hong

The Strongest
Seriously.

I would front Mr. Sakurai $1000 to make this video, even if Robin wasn't in the game.

Not only did we get Robin, but our champion crushed the Gematsu cult. And left Chrom on the ground crying.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Seriously.

I would front Mr. Sakurai $1000 to make this video, even if Robin wasn't in the game.

Not only did we get Robin, but our champion crushed the Gematsu cult. And left Chrom on the ground crying.
Shots fired. I cannot even believe that Sakurai included that scene. Part of me feels as though he was directly contesting the leak.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Seriously.

We also got the Falcon!

BlastState

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlastState
3DS FC
0946-2825-3438
Congrats supporters on finally tipping the scales and getting Robin in on the scene! To be honest, his/her confirmation knocks out another of my top 5 wanted newcomers off the list, with only one left awaiting confirmation (I still believe that Shulk is just as likely as he was before the trailer, but Saki Amamiya's chances have sadly kicked the bucket). All in all, Robin looks so much fun and he/she definitely represents the magic aspect of Fire Emblem well; they have made choosing my main for this game all the more frustrating, though...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I didn't play FE:A all the way through and I didn't even realize your avatar was defaultly named Robin.

But man I would be lying if I didn't say Robin's probably one of my favorite newcomers next to Greninja and Little Mac.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Mercer must have had a blast reading that line :D
Thanks to all the fellows who come in here just to congratulate us!

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Congratulations to the Robin Suporters. I'm pleased over his/her inclusion. And I'm looking forward to play as them almost as much as you true suporters! :D

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I'm wondering about his tomes and their mechanics. Do they run out after a set amount of uses? When he tosses them away, does he immediately draw a random different one?

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I'm almost certain that the reason that Arcfire, Arcwind and Nosferatu are shown consecutively is because they are his 3 different Down B specials. I agree that his Thunder magic must be his Standard B and is chargeable, resulting in different levels/strengths of projectile as demonstrated in the trailer.

Last edited:

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Who? Is that Robin's default name? Does he wear a purple coat? Does he moonlight as an antagonist? Does he discuss strategy with all of his friends? No. In that event, I do not care in the slightest.

But I do though.
I never thought I'd hear a Super Smash Bros. fan say that.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm wondering about his tomes and their mechanics. Do they run out after a set amount of uses? When he tosses them away, does he immediately draw a random different one?
I believe the former, enhancing Robin's meta-game; however, my sister believes the latter, that they will cycle (similar to Platinum from Blazblue, if you are familiar).

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Guys, if you want to refer to both genders of Robin, isn't it easier to type "they" instead of he/she? Just a tip. :p
I didn't play FE:A all the way through
Me neither. I shall do it as soon as my new 3DS XL is delivered.

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I believe the former, enhancing Robin's meta-game; however, my sister believes the latter, that they will cycle (similar to Platinum from Blazblue, if you are familiar).
I would think it cycles Thunder > Fire > Wind > Darkness

But he seems to use different tomes for different attacks. Does he draw a Wind tome whenever he uses an aerial? Does he draw a Darkness tome whenever he grabs?

Top Bottom