• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I just like my love interests to not create confusing time paradoxes, is all.
Why do you think Morgan lost her/his memory? In addition to being a reflection of the fact that Robin lost his memory at the beginning of Awakening, it was to avoid any time paradoxes it might create. It's not my favorite ship, but it's still perfectly logical/reasonable. And I don't even need to mention the beef it adds to the story. I know most people use that as their excuse for shipping she-Robin and Chrom, but the whole person going back in time to kill her mother situation just doesn't give as much "buh-BANG!" to the story as person coming back in time to kill some random dude (I guess you could call him her uncle?) and falling in love with him instead. The whole going back in time to kill somebody scenario is overdone, but either ship adds a whole new level of drama and uniqueness not common in such stories.

The only reason it's not my favorite ship is because of the whole uncle Robin deal. It makes sense for the story, but it seems kinda... awkward... I don't know... :p

v THIS is my favorite ship v

And

Anyone else?

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Speaking of ships, gotta bring in a classic.

Talking about classics...
I had to think about this for a bit, but in the end I had to go with a classic myself:

Sorry Normandy, but nostalgia wins this round.
Nostalgia and the ability to store chocobos.
Delicious fried golden chocobos.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
It has fair chance considering his wife has to be:

1.A First Gen girl
2.Can't have an extra child (so Lissa, Thraja and Cordelia is out of it and others)
3.Semi possible (Anna exist for fan service and no matter I like her)

Aight, aight. I sense bait, but I thought it through on my own regardless. So one more. Then bed.

But it's big, so it's spoiler'd.

Technically none of those reasons seem to apply. The time continuum goes on without major interruption whether Robin marries a first gen, a second gen, a partner who can give Morgan a sibling, or whomever. To my knowledge Anna and the six Spotpass characters are presumed optional but canon, as are all other characters aside from Einherjar, given that they all have reasonable (if occasionally flimsy) explanations for their availability. If there's evidence to the contrary for any of the above I've missed it, but would welcome a source.

But let's say all the factors you've laid out are true.

In addition to these points we do not know the identity of the Hoshidan woman depicted. We do not know her status, her name, or her relation to Kamui. With Garon (who can be reasonably assumed to be Kamui's adoptive father) in the juxtaposed cinematic, it's likely some kind of connection is meant to be drawn, and this is the first one that comes to mind, but consider that we haven't been given a guarantee.

But let's also assume that the depicted woman is Kamui's biological mother.

IS has gone on record, as the graphic even concedes, to say that if is not related to other FE games. But let's say even that is incorrect, or at minimum incomplete information, and there is the requisite connection between Hoshido and Chon'sin.

It is theoretically possible that Say'ri and Robin went separate ways after the events of Awakening, and that Kamui is the result of a union between their children.

It's true that Say'ri doesn't have a child in the storyline that we see, but there is nothing preventing her from having children once the future is changed and she has the time to find a husband and settle. We would not see this since the game doesn't offer many details past the slaying of Grima - we know only that Say'ri, if unwed, returned to Chon'sin and worked with the other Valmese dynasts in some capacity. Remaining details are not given, thus the possibility is not closed off.

If this holds, then Robin is free to wed whomever he pleases. Morgan could marry Say'ri's child, and the Hoshidan woman in question could be the daughter of that union.

But that's an awful lot of concessions, some contrary to Word of God, just to pin down some basic physical similarities.

And I see your ships and raise you a ship.

Now off to bed with me.

Also welcome back @ Hong Hong , we missed you.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Talking about classics...
I had to think about this for a bit, but in the end I had to go with a classic myself:

Sorry Normandy, but nostalgia wins this round.
Nostalgia and the ability to store chocobos.
Delicious fried golden chocobos.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm convinced this thread is a shipping dock now.

Run by Robin, who ships you ships for you to ship your favorite ships in.

Shipping is free.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
And I see your ships and raise you a ship.

Now off to bed with me.

Also welcome back @ Hong Hong , we missed you.
Uuuh, Serenity. Another good one~. :3
Wark.
I'm convinced this thread is a shipping dock now.

Run by Robin, who ships you ships for you to ship your favorite ships in.

Shipping is free.
We all know Robin is the Shipping Lord.
But how did they get there? Last time I checked, they lost 50% of their fleet by setting them on fire themselves.

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Happy birthday nugget son! (or daughter) Reminds me that I still need to recruit him in my current file. :emptysheep:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Spoilery stuff

That's how you do spoilers, dear.:troll:

No, they aren't oO That's bad future Robin being controlled by Grima, a god-dragon who's the nemesis of Naga and wants to destroy humanity for some reason (or not, maybe he's just evulz). The thing is, Robin was breeded through generations of careful marrying certain individuals to have the perfect 'Avatar' for Grima: Someone who's body would be able to 'receive' Grima's conscience and power, because somehow this bad god-dragon was sealed away by some person, and for some reason needed the perfect host to make it's comeback. Again, Grima is a god-dragon that wants to destroy the world, and Robin was 'created' to be it's host. Of course, Robin is still human (or were before fusing with Grima), so he has his own conscience/soul/personality/mind, and happens to not like his situation of 'host to bad god-dragon'. You can see pretty well they aren't the same person via Bad Future DLCs, in which Bad Future!Robin is still trying to fight against Grima's control of his body.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
No, they aren't oO That's bad future Robin being controlled by Grima, a god-dragon who's the nemesis of Naga and wants to destroy humanity for some reason (or not, maybe he's just evulz). The thing is, Robin was breeded through generations of careful marrying certain individuals to have the perfect 'Avatar' for Grima: Someone who's body would be able to 'receive' Grima's conscience and power, because somehow this bad god-dragon was sealed away by some person, and for some reason needed the perfect host to make it's comeback. Again, Grima is a god-dragon that wants to destroy the world, and Robin was 'created' to be it's host. Of course, Robin is still human (or were before fusing with Grima), so he has his own conscience/soul/personality/mind, and happens to not like his situation of 'host to bad god-dragon'. You can see pretty well they aren't the same person via Bad Future DLCs, in which Bad Future!Robin is still trying to fight against Grima's control of his body.
Come on, virtually everyone here knows this. :p

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
This is my favourite ship. Embarrass

Oh............wait. You're all talking about ACTUAL ships. I totally had noooooo idea. :troll:

My favourite ship is the Strahl from FFXII.

If you want a more detailed explanation why, look no further than the video below. SPOILERS AHEAD! :happysheep:

Last edited:

Elezir

Anyway, new Awkward Zombie FE comic

so true.
also, dat cute Rolf.

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
A little late on this one, but I like the sibling dynamic of Lucina and Cynthia more than Lucina and Morgan. I also think there's potential in a Kjelle/Lucina sibling dynamic, but they don't have an appropriate support conversation to explore such a thing.

Last edited:

Elezir

Who I pair Robin with is less dependent on who I like the most...
But what hair color looks like the best on Morgan? :smirk:
I like Blonde and Red quite a bit for F!Morgan. Cherche's hair color is beautiful, too.

As for M!Morgan, I think Blue or Green suits him fine.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Favorite ship? An obvious choice.

Oh. Happy Birthday Morgan! Guess I should add that me and Morgan share the same birthday. :p

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Who I pair Robin with is less dependent on who I like the most...
But what hair color looks like the best on Morgan? :smirk:
I like black hair. Black on both.

Blue hair looks OK on she-Morgan. And I'm not just saying that because of the favored ship. :4robinm::4lucina: She looks good with red hair too.

He-Morgan... any hair color other then black just looks off to me. Not sure why. :p And I suppose that's what you call irony - I have yet to breed a black-haired he-Morgan. I don't think it's even possible. :laugh:

@ AirshBornely AirshBornely HPPYBRTHDY!

Last edited:
Top Bottom