• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579

Regardless of how bad their support may be, I'm a big ChromXFemale Robin sucker supporter simply because the implications behind it plot wise. I mean, Lucina, princess of Ylisse also a fellblood? Gotta love that angst. Also, I just think Morgan makes the perfect little brother for Lucy. :happysheep:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I'm not a big fanfic reader, but I will read some every once in a while. In most of the ones I see :4robinf: in, they're more of a light hearted tale usually involving her dealing with the shenanigans brought by Morgan or her trying to get shipping involved with other people. Her character is often like her Smash portrayal: Sassy, confident, strong, etc. which is also part of why I'll use :4robinf:over:4robinm: most of the times. I feel more personality and character in :4robinf:, while in :4robinm: I see a confident man who tries to hold a poker face while he fights. :4robinf: doesn't ever give off the damsel in distress vibe either which is a nice change compared to someone like :4peach:

Though other reasons why I prefer :4robinf: have already been mentioned by me several times over with my current avi being an example. (I don't have a problem i swear)
And that's why everyone loves he-Robin.

Personally, I've never saw them as being any different personality-wise. Most fanfics I've read overdo she-Robin's sass, as well as every other form of emotional expression she has. She's pretty poker face as well by my experience. In a similar fashion, most fanfics I've read fail to portray he-Robin as a human being (which he is, by the way). People treat him like he's insensitive to human emotion. That's not what he's like at all, if I learned anything about him from Awakening. He (she) just knows how to keep his (her) cool over simple things when most people would flip out.

People on the internet are so sexist... When will they learn :4robinm:=:4robinf:...
You know what I find most interesting? It's how you people find fanfiction I don't:roll:
Well, the part about :4robinf:' sassy nature in fanfiction is true, though. I find a lot of these.
As for :4robinm:, I've only read one fanfic so far in which he's completely confident of his actions
at least, after the big revelation
recently. (which is, btw, kinda OOC for Robin, both of them)
I guess it depends on the person's choices of what fanfiction to read,

Elezir

What is going on here?
We are analysing how different :4robinm: and :4robinf: are despicted from each other in fandom:roll:
Well, there are people talking about the M!RobinxChrom ship, which is, by all means, canon, no matter what IS says:troll:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I should really stop trying to play paper mario and be on smashboards at the same time. It ain't working, lol. Anyways, it's been fun as always. Night.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
If you ask me, it's that for Chrom's support with M!Robin is a thought out interaction where Robin is worried about Chrom's safety while he's out doing patrols around camp/town etc. You get a good sense of a connection forming and that the two of them grow close in their support.

However with F!Robin it kinda boils down to both Chrom and F!Robin accidentally walking in on each other naked and Chrom kinda just goes "Well we have nothing left to hide, let's get married"

The support for F!Robin x Chrom by itself is rather funny and entertaining to see Chrom act like he dork that he can be. It's just when you compare it to the support that Male Robin has, it doesn't really seem fair. One gets a support where Robin shows concern for Chrom's well being and they strive to watch each other's backs. The Female Robin gets a rather silly scene with the two walking in at the wrong times and their support is lacking in the connection building that was found in the M!Robin support.
Finally. Someone understands. It's not the fact that she-Robin and Chrom saw each other nude that ruins it; it's the fact that it replaces such a heart-felt and touching support conversation revolving around Robin and Chrom sucking up to each other like buddies that kills it.

You know what I find most interesting? It's how you people find fanfiction I don't:roll:
Well, the part about :4robinf:' sassy nature in fanfiction is true, though. I find a lot of these.
As for :4robinm:, I've only read one fanfic so far in which he's completely confident of his actions
at least, after the big revelation
recently. (which is, btw, kinda OOC for Robin, both of them)
I guess it depends on the person's choices of what fanfiction to read,
From my experence playing Awakening, (I have most of Robins support conversations unlocked,) Robin in general (:4robinm::4robinf:) has a slight element of sass to him/her. Like you said, it's probably born of confidence in his/her abilities. But people who acknowledge the fact that Robin can get sassy or even vengeful tend to treat it like some obnoxious snarky alternate ego. I don't remember that being anywhere in Awakening. Again, it's barely even there at all. That's why I find it annoying when people overdo it.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581

What is going on here?
The usual Robin Social things; Discussion of shipping among many other things all the while posting images of varying relevance but usually humorous :)

11049459_288465544611076_8423084235572840511_n.png

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
So what's going on in the Robin thread today?...
Shipping wars, I see.

Though... I think you guys are forgetting somethin-
CURSES. :4greninja:'D by @ Ryu the blue Ryu the blue before I fully edited and polished this post.
Gonna share this anyways because relevant.

Let the madness begin.

Now excuse me as I guide myself out the door.
Totally worth it
Forgive me for my sins fellow robins

High five to @ IAmMetaKnight IAmMetaKnight for that icon though. B)

Tacticulbacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tacticulbacon
If you ask me, it's that for Chrom's support with M!Robin is a thought out interaction where Robin is worried about Chrom's safety while he's out doing patrols around camp/town etc. You get a good sense of a connection forming and that the two of them grow close in their support.

However with F!Robin it kinda boils down to both Chrom and F!Robin accidentally walking in on each other naked and Chrom kinda just goes "Well we have nothing left to hide, let's get married"

The support for F!Robin x Chrom by itself is rather funny and entertaining to see Chrom act like he dork that he can be. It's just when you compare it to the support that Male Robin has, it doesn't really seem fair. One gets a support where Robin shows concern for Chrom's well being and they strive to watch each other's backs. The Female Robin gets a rather silly scene with the two walking in at the wrong times and their support is lacking in the connection building that was found in the M!Robin support.
In honesty I thought M!Robin's support convo with Chrom was kinda bland. In my opinion you can almost tell that that was the first support convo they wrote, based on how conventional and true to character the dialogue is. Not to say it's not a thought-out convo, but it feels a little too conventional.

M!Robin's support convo with Chrom looks like it was written to establish their bonds and friendship, as the majority of players on their first run will usually pick male robin and max out his support convos with Chrom first. F!Robin's support convo, on the other hand, was written more for entertainment purposes than to establish anything important. It shows more personality, which is why I prefer her support convo over M!Robin's. Yes, maybe it's a little bit of fan service, maybe it lacks in the conventional connection building that M!Robin and Chrom's convo has, but it makes it up in fleshing out their characters and how they interact with each other on a daily basis.

I don't necessarily think one or the other is better, I just think they were written with different intentions. M!Robin's more serious and establishes the basis of their connection, while F!Robin's convo is more lighthearted.

Elezir

From my experence playing Awakening, (I have most of Robins support conversations unlocked,) Robin in general (:4robinm::4robinf:) has an slight element of sass to him/her. Like you said, it's probably born of confidence in his/her abilities. But people who acknowledge the fact that Robin can get sassy or even vengeful tend to treat it like some obnoxious snarky alternate ego. I don't remember that being anywhere in Awakening. Again, it's barely even there at all. That's why I find it annoying when people overdo it.
Well, yeah. People overdo :4robinf:' sass. Not much with :4robinm:, for me. They can have him be a bit too sarcastic, though, from my experience, which he isn't by any means. I'd say Chrom is more snarker than him in some parts.
Only support in which she's really sassy is with Lucina, if she's not her mother, but honestly, I'd say Lucina was being a bit annoying there. That support was pretty OOC for Lucina, even, in my opinion.
From supports, you can see Robin likes to joke a bit with some shepards, but that's pretty sightly, so much that it can be difficult for the player to pick it up. (I, for example, just picked Robin's humorous tone with Ricken in one of their supports in my second play). In general, he's a good natured serious person with some self-esteem issues. (and even to find these you may need to look harder into his personality. that's ok for me, though, at least they aren't a one-trait person like some characters in FE in general)

:4robinf: may be indeed more 'agressive' than :4robinm:, though. Chrom's and Lon'qu's supports comes to mind.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
x:4robinm: anyone?

Yes, that one. I guess people just see it as making her a bimbo somehow? Meh, I did that support on my first run and it didn't lessen my opinion of F!Robin (though the Summer Scramble will always be the true Chrom/F!Robin support in my head).
What?! That's stupid. I no way did I think that when I first saw the support. F!Robin actually gets annoyed at Chrom for look and starts throwing stuff. If she was a Bimbo, she would have been like 'Oh that's okay. Accidents happen. Why do you join me since you're here, the water is warm' or something (to be honest I really don't know what a Bimbo is).

he was supposedly good in melee though, neither Link or Zelda can say that about any main Smash game so far
Uh, Smash 4? They're pretty good in that game.

I actually found a number of M!Robin's (mainly with the girls) to be better than F!Robin's. Then again, I have only seen F!RobinxChrom's Supports. Though I have to say, a number of supports in the game are just 'One person does something for other. Repeat that same thing the next three supports. They fall in love with each other without ever going on one date' or something like that. Some of them are actually kind of silly really. But sweet.

I don't mind female Robin x Chrom but...Male Robin x Chrom is where it's at~
I don't really see M!Robin and Chrom any more than a bromance. I really don't see them being shipped.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Regardless of the fact that the majority of you are at odds with F!Robin and Chrom's support conversation, I still think they make a cute couple, despite how they got together. :3 Then again, I am a hopeless romantic. Embarrass

I actually do like Chrom/Robin. I find their dialogue after their marriage fun- they still have that nice "friends first lovers second" vibe to them- and, cliche as it is, I am a sucker for a good family drama.

Also, Chapter 21 Lucina scene with Robin as the mother is genuinely heartbreaking, and Morgan and Lucina are the cutest siblings.

On the sass discussion- I do agree that fanon overdoes it, but I did get a different vibe from F!Robin's supports than M!Robin's. Though I felt that F!Robin was more mischievous than sassy. Tiki support- that is all.
DOUBLE MORGANS.

Elezir

Uh, Smash 4? They're pretty good in that game.

I don't really see M!Robin and Chrom any more than a bromance. I really don't see them being shipped.
Most competitive players would say no, if we look at their 'kind-of' tier placements.
Though I find them to be fun to play,

Uh, what exactly do you mean?
That means that @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 doesn't agree with you, basically.

About Chrom and M!Robin, you only say that because society today hasn't quite accepted same sex love yet, so it becomes difficult for anyone who has grown up in this ambient to see this as serious love.

Just like how no one took the KorraxAsami ship seriously and couldn't see all the signals that the author was putting during the 3rd season about this couple being as more than 'just friends', but alas, in the end the girls were paired together as canon

Granted, IS obviously didn't plan M!RobinxChrom to be a possibility, but people should be more open-minded about this kind of stuff.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Zelda sucks in this game lolwhat'snew, Link is just okay (and they nerfed him in the new patch for some unknown reason)
Well, that depends on you view of suck (aerial side b is annoying) but Link is still pretty good, even with his quote 'Nerfs' end quote

That means that @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 doesn't agree with you, basically.

About Chrom and M!Robin, you only say that because society today hasn't quite accepted same sex love yet, so it becomes difficult for anyone who has grown up in this ambient to see this as serious love.

Just like how no one took the KorraxAsami ship seriously and couldn't see all the signals that the author was putting during the 3rd season about this couple as more than 'just friends', but alas, in the end the girls were paired together as canon

Granted, IS obviously didn't plan M!RobinxChrom to be a possibility, but people should be more open-minded about this kind of stuff.
I never said that Chrom x M!Robin wasn't possible. I'm not against same sex marriage. I just see the pair as more of a bromance, that's all. To each their own and all.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Well I think I'm gonna cash in for the night.

Well wishes to all of you, and see you upon the morrow.

Elezir

I never said that Chrom x M!Robin wasn't possible. I'm not against same sex marriage. I just see the pair as more of a bromance, that's all. To each their own and all.
I'm not saying you're agaisnt it dear:happysheep:
I'm just saying you're more likely to see it as just friendship because the social context in which we grew up doesn't see this kind of thing as ' normal', therefore, it becomes harder to see this as 'serious' love. Heck, I have problems with that kind of thing!
I mean, basically, what's the difference between :4robinm: and :4robinf: in that matter that makes F!Robin elegible but not M!Robin (aside from IS obvious restraining in same sex marriage and the loss of the children units)?:troll:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
While we are on the subject of shipping :4robinm: with potential mates......

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
I've discovered a fun thing to do as Robin against bad Sheik players. Get them to kill percent, get them off stage, wait near the edge.

Then back up a tad just before they get horizontally level with the stage. Short-hop and toss out LSBair.

At that precise moment, they will discover something interesting: While Bouncing Fish is fast, powerful, somewhat safe on block, useful for recovery, edgeguarding, can balance your budget, poke foes at mid-screen range, and can rescue the hostages... it is not invincible.

They will jump into an electric sword and die. It is hilarious.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Actually, I think its Frederick.
True. Stahl doesn't scowl. Frederick does. He's also Chrom's ever reliable sidekick. Stahl isn't.

Edit: Who is Robin based off of anyways in that picture? Same with Lucina.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Yep, it's Frederick.

And R2D2 Morgan is seriously awesome. I love that design so much.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
That's Morgan?

Could have fooled me.

Still calling it Robin. And calling Darth Vader FalseRobin AKA Grima.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
And speaking of Morgan, it's his/her birthday soon! (Well, it's today if you live in Australia or Japan, and coincidentally the 5th of May is Children's Day in Japan, こどもの日!)Make sure you wish them a Happy Birthday!

Elezir

Who is Robin based on? How do you not recognize Darth Vader??
Unless your referring to Morgan, who's R2-D2.
Also, that's Frederick. A perfect fit if I do say so.
White haired Male Morgan would mean we have a Henry married F!Robin there, though.
and I only see Grima in M!Robin body

I'm honestly confused who's Robin there. Because the one who would be Robin to me seems to have M!Morgan's hairstyle, but has white hair (which isn't the case for default Morgan) and is with a Thoron tech-tome, which normally is Robin's signature spell.

the one with the Darth Vader mask should be Grima

Last edited:
Top Bottom