• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I will be on stream immediately following the set that is currently playing (Rustyninja vs. Goldtwins)

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hasn't happened yet, they're doing loser's bracket stuff at the moment. I'll post here right before I actually play the match, I thought I'd be going on sooner.

I am of course playing Robin.
Naga's blessing are with you, Tactician Raziek

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Wuzzat a throw kill? The stream froze at the end of the 2nd match so I couldn't see. I see a lot of use for the elwind jab now that it connects properly, and grabbing after using arcfire is pretty cool stuff, didn't know you could do that before.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I think that was a B-throw kill at the end.

Stream is done for now because the guy's comp is melting, but I'll record and upload my matches.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Double-post but I am the police, so no matter.

Won Grand Finals 3-1 over Yoh's Pikachu.

I am da winner!

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
@ Drakonis Drakonis to the rescue. :cheep:
If that image is from Germany, they started to sell the wave a day early there (which is entirely possible, after all, I got my copy of Smash WiiU from the store like 3 days early). The rare amiibo from those shelves are probably gone by tomorrow, unless the big cities really have such ridiculous stocks. I couldn't verify, as I don't live near one.

From my experience, the amiibo situation over here isn't really that much better. If all you see is day one photos of the fully stacked shelves, it's bound to give you the impression that this is the Amiibo-Wonderland.
I, myself, have been trying to preorder Robin and Charizard for weeks here without success.

EDIT: And just to make myself look like a tool only two hours later, I decided to check up on the nearby electronics store after my trip to the doctor just to see if they put up the Amiibo early (and to have a chance at snatching them if they did).
Well...
However, they only had 2 Robins and 1 Lucina and the rare ones from older waves where still missing. Plenty of the common ones to go around, though. Wario and Charizard didn't look like they'd be out of stock any time soon.

If you have the option, check your local store on May 28th, just to see if they sell the amiibo early.

On a sidenote, the Charizard amiibos have some very obvious seams on each limb and even the skull. It almost looks as if it was supposed to be posable. You can see those on some other Amiibos, too, but they are way more obvious on poor old 'Zard.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Maybe it's to allude to the Mario Kart 8 DLC?
I think they are the Splatoon squids. It's odd how Smashboards is doing this now rather than next month...

The MK8 DLC doesn't have any mentions to Splatoon or squids that look like that. The only other series that isn't Animal Crossing that is referenced in this DLC is F-Zero. Yet they don't call the forest track Frontier Village from Xenoblade, for shame.

I am da winner!
Congrats!

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I think that was a B-throw kill at the end.

Stream is done for now because the guy's comp is melting, but I'll record and upload my matches.
nice, and congrats on winning, I might have learnt a thing or two from these matches.
On an unrelated note, reading all about the nair gimps allowed me to actually beat classic on 9.0 with Robin, not a big feat by any means, but I had yet to do that in the game, never thought that'd be the best attack to spam the giant and sword form.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
However, they only had 2 Robins and 1 Lucina and the rare ones from older waves where still missing. Plenty of the common ones to go around, though. Wario and Charizard didn't look like they'd be out of stock any time soon.

If you have the option, check your local store on May 28th, just to see if they sell the amiibo early.
If Charizard and Wario have that much stock, then I should be safe for when they're released in North America. What was the stock like for Pac-Man?

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
If Charizard and Wario have that much stock, then I should be safe for when they're released in North America. What was the stock like for Pac-Man?
Honestly I didn't look out for him and didn't even have in mind that he was from the same wave. But if there had been plenty Pac-Men I'm sure I would've noticed it, so I guess he'll be more in the realms of Robin/Lucina in terms of rarity.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Am I weird for wanting to main Robin despite how much I disliked Awakening as a Fire Emblem game? I actually feel like I need to get this answered before I commit to this.

As for Retro Stages Fountain of Dreams would be nice.
I'm a Villager main but I can't stand Animal Crossing GC

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
@Weeman so your song last night inspired me enough to dedicate you this
I wanna be the very best,
Like no one ever was.
To create them is my real test,
To recolor them is my cause.

I will travel across deviantart,
Searching far and wide.
Each Sonic OC to understand
The horror that's inside

Sonic OC's, (gotta draw them all) its you and me
I know its my destiny
Sonic OC, oh, you're my best friend
In a world we must traumatize

Sonic OC's, (gotta draw them all) an art so bad
Our clack of creativity will pull us through
You hedge me and I'll hog you
(So-nic-OC) Gotta draw 'em all
why you inspire so many song spoofs from shows?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I see how it is... Liquid.
:cheep::halfsheep::emptysheep:
Pink confetti is still the best.

Also, would anyone be interested in a few matches? I need some practice with Robin.
Hey not my fault that I was unintentionally shipped with Tharja :halfsheep:

I could go a few rounds on 3DS Saturday afternoon.

Matsushi

True Blood
k. I added you. Room is up.
Dat communication error! Are you up for some more matches, or are you done for the day? ^^
Hey not my fault that I was unintentionally shipped with Tharja :halfsheep:

I could go a few rounds on 3DS Saturday afternoon.
It... kinda was your fault. YOU commissioned for that picture! I like the shipping. :halfsheep:
Saturday afternoon. Got it! Thank yoooou~

Last edited:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Dat communication error! Are you up for some more matches, or are you done for the day? ^^

It... kinda was your fault. YOU commissioned that picture! I like the shipping. :halfsheep:
Why not? Its fun fighting someone who is better than me.XD

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It... kinda was your fault. YOU commissioned for that picture! I like the shipping. :halfsheep:
I commissioned the picture, he made the bottom image as a joke.

Not my fault :halfsheep:

but it's funneh so idc

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
So... uh. How about that Xenoblade Chronicles X direct? I wanna watch it live, but I'll still be working when it starts ;w;

A part of me is hoping for a release date, but I would think they'll hold that off until E3. Almost a month away! o.o

I am da winner!
CHROMGRATULATIONS! You make us Robin mains proud! :cheep:

Also another Kozaki art dump:

Last edited:
Top Bottom