• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
dat true, dat true! but it's still your fault. :emptysheep:

Good games! I have to go and have dinner now. You played fantastically, and those Ike combo strings were crazy. Nice work. ^^
GGs. Do you have any advise how to get better? You seem to have tourney experience which I have none of and it was clear that you were better. Fantastic Robin(and other characters) btw, wish mine was as good.

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
Also another Kozaki art dump:

These arts are stunning. I love the Ike and Tharja work.
GGs. Do you have any advise how to get better? You seem to have tourney experience which I have none of and it was clear that you were better. Fantastic Robin btw, wish mine was as good.
Thank you! Hm, I'm pretty lame at giving advice, but I'll try my best! You were perfectly fine throughout, the only thing I could suggest is switching up your ledge recoveries! You'd either roll or climb up neutrally, and it became slightly predictable towards the end of our matches. Also, you should use your tilts a lot more as your were a little too dependent on your aerials! With Ike, you could try mixing up your jab instead of completing it, since the 3rd hit of his jab and be easily punished. Other then that, you're all good! Your spacing was fantastic, as well as your zone game. I would suggest that you input more mind games into your play, but that's simply a matter of preference. Sorry, I'm just SO RUBBISH at giving advice, but I hoped it helped you somewhat.
Sadly, I've never been to a tournament because the Smash Bros competitive scene in the United Kingdom is pretty much non-existent, or maybe I'm just not aware of any nearby.
Ah, and thank you! Yours is very fantastic too though!
blame the artist for including that little extra thing

not me :cheep:
but... i want to blame you :emptysheep:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
These arts are stunning. I love the Ike and Tharja work.

Thank you! Hm, I'm pretty lame at giving advice, but I'll try my best! You were perfectly fine throughout, the only thing I could suggest is switching up your ledge recoveries! You'd either roll or climb up neutrally, and it became slightly predictable towards the end of our matches. Also, you should use your tilts a lot more as your were a little too dependent on your aerials! With Ike, you could try mixing up your jab instead of completing it, since the 3rd hit of his jab and be easily punished. Other then that, you're all good! Your spacing was fantastic, as well as your zone game. I would suggest that you input more mind games into your play, but that's simply a matter of preference. Sorry, I'm just SO RUBBISH at giving advice, but I hoped it helped you somewhat.
Sadly, I've never been to a tournament because the Smash Bros competitive scene in the United Kingdom is pretty much non-existent, or maybe I'm just not aware of any nearby.
Ah, and thank you! Yours is very fantastic too though!

but... i want to blame you :emptysheep:
Thanks and I learned a little in our matches. I did try to mindgame a little but I was obviously not that succesful(but I got some Dair spikes which makes happy). But seriously it's really hard fighting someone so unpredictable. Your playstyle is just as scary as Tharja:bluejump:.(Scary in a good way)

Matsushi

True Blood
Thanks and I learned a little in our matches. I did try to mindgame a little but I was obviously not that succesful(but I got some Dair spikes which makes happy). But seriously it's really hard fighting someone so unpredictable. Your playstyle is just as scary as Tharja:bluejump:.(Scary in a good way)
You're welcome! Glad you learnt from our matches, I definitely did learn quite a bit from your Ike as well. I've always wanted him as a secondary but he never agrees with me, so I analysed yours. :emptysheep: I do become predictable at times, especially in the air OTL. Thank you very much though, I like being compared to Tharja.

If you ever want some more matches, just give me a shout!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Nope, it's pretty dead in this part of the world, at least as far as I'm aware. In Ireland at least, there's maybe one or two big tournaments a year, and a handful of smaller ones whenever people feel like it. in fact, where I live, it's a struggle finding people who even know what Smash is, let alone play it at any serious level.
The UK is probably a bit better off than that, but I never see anything mentioned on here anyway.

Matsushi

True Blood
Nope, it's pretty dead in this part of the world, at least as far as I'm aware. In Ireland at least, there's maybe one or two big tournaments a year, and a handful of smaller ones whenever people feel like it. in fact, where I live, it's a struggle finding people who even know what Smash is, let alone play it at any serious level.
The UK is probably a bit better off than that, but I never see anything mentioned on here anyway.
Well, that's disappointing. There was a Brawl tournament at a yearly expo I attend to, though this was back when I wasn't really interested in competitive Smash. This was about 3 years ago and they haven't held one since, but another expo is returning next month and since Smash 4 has been released, they might hold another one. But yeah, some people over here don't know what Smash is either and my irl friends and I play it casually.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, some Tacticians are practicing against each other now? That's good to hear.

I'd love the chance to play against any of you sometime. ;)

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Meanwhile, I was bored, and decided to have a go at porting Phoenix Wright's UMvC moveset to Smash (with some creative liberties for stuff that doesn't exist in UMvC):

Jab: Slaps the opponent with sheets of paper.

Dash: "Slip-Up" - Slips and slides into the opponent.

F-smash: "Press the Witness" - Throws several documents at the opponent while pressing forward towards them.
U-smash: Scratches his head in frustration. At the end of the move, he swings his head upwards sharply - the spikes in his hair do damage as well.
D-smash: "Note Scribbling" - Ducks down and scribbles on his notepad.

F-tilt: "Paperwork" - Swings documents downwards at the opponent.
U-tilt: "Paperwork" - Swings documents upwards at the opponent.
D-tilt: Dusts the ground to check for clues. Has an increased chance to trip the opponent.

N-air: "Just a Little More...!" - Takes notes with his notepad.
F-air: Swings documents forwards in front of him.
U-air: Throws documents upwards.
D-air: Sneezes. Spikes the opponent at the beginning of the move.
B-air: Swings his head backwards and stabs at the opponent with his spiky hair. May spike the opponent.

Grab: Maya appears and grabs the opponent.
Pummel: Phoenix slaps the opponent with sheets of paper.
F-throw: Maya and Phoenix pick up and carry the opponent, DK-style. Press A again to throw the opponent like a javelin.
U-throw: Maya and Phoenix toss the opponent upwards sharply.
D-throw: Maya and Phoenix slam the opponent into the ground.
B-throw: Phoenix throws the opponent backwards. Like Mario's b-throw, but he only spins once.

Up-B: "The Fabulous Maximillion Galactica" appears, grabs Phoenix, and "flies" up with him. (somebody please come up with something better than this)

---- Investigation mode

B: "Investigate/Discard" - Picks up a random piece of evidence. If it's good, press B to search again. If not, press B to discard it. One of the random obtainable pieces of evidence should be the fan from previous Smash games, and do high shield damage. It automatically uses the first available slot, since we don't have four attack buttons in Smash.
Side-B: "M-Maya!?" - Maya appears and slide-tackles the opponent.
Down-B: Change mode

---- Trial mode

B: "Present the Evidence" - Show a piece of collected evidence to the opponent (press B to cycle through them, like Shulk's arts). It shoots a beam of energy at them.
Side-B (without enough evidence): "Cross-Examination" - "Hold it!" Has a small chance to stun the opponent.
Side-B (with 3 good pieces of evidence): "Bridge to the Turnabout" - "Objection!" Changes to Turnabout mode if it hits.
Down-B: Change mode

---- Turnabout mode
: Moves become the more powerful "Paperwork Storm"/"Break the Witness" variants, which have all damage and knockback boosted by 20% (as in, 10% damage becomes 12%, not 30%)

B: "Present the Evidence" - Show a piece of collected evidence to the opponent (press B to cycle through them, like Shulk's arts). It shoots a beam of energy at them.
Side-B: "Steel Samurai Maya Smelting!" - Maya runs at the opponent, flailing her arms wildly.
Down-B: "Pursuit" - Shoots a giant pointer finger at the opponent.

Final Smash: Ace Attorney

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
So... uh. How about that Xenoblade Chronicles X direct? I wanna watch it live, but I'll still be working when it starts ;w;

A part of me is hoping for a release date, but I would think they'll hold that off until E3. Almost a month away! o.o

CHROMGRATULATIONS! You make us Robin mains proud! :cheep:

Also another Kozaki art dump:

I was actually going to post this, but oh well.

It's nice artwork.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Now for the proper introduction.
Nanchak You should have known better than to make this and give it to me HAHAHAHAHAHA
NOW Hokori BEHOLD THE TRUE CREATOR
HONWEEKORI
35i7yq0.png

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
What is with everyone changing their avatars? I used to be able to instantly tell who's posting just by their profile pics... but now... Gah.
I like Moydow's because their always consistently Pheonix Wright stuff, but Weeman being C-Falcon just bothers me.
Anyways, back to topic. I find these puns...
throwing robin's book at your opponent requires hard reads. ba-dum-tss
:emptysheep:
Quite Punderful.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
What is with everyone changing their avatars? I used to be able to instantly tell who's posting just by their profile pics... but now... Gah.
I like Moydow's because their always consistently Pheonix Wright stuff, but Weeman being C-Falcon just bothers me.

Quite Punderful.
Meta Knight will always be Meta Knight. :4metaknight:

Matsushi

True Blood

Quite Punderful.
Punderful, ohmygod
hey im trying to pick up robin. can anyone tell me how to chain an arcfire into another arcfire
I suck at explaining stuff, so here's a quick video on how to chain arcfires! Hope it helps. :happysheep:

Top Bottom