• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

D

Deleted member

Anna is the best part about that picture.
Course, I kinda don't like most every aspect about that picture besides Anna, so there's that.
You know what I'm going to say in response to this. :p

Although I don't quite understand why the artist made Anna so large relative to every other character.

And kinda wish Nah was by herself (i.e. Nowi not tackling her).

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
You know what I'm going to say in response to this. :p

Although I don't quite understand why the artist made Anna so large relative to every other character.

I just don't like the premise of it tbh

But Anna tho'

D

Deleted member

But Anna tho'
I just like FE fanart in general because I adore the franchise that much.

Well the fanart has to be good quality, but that's besides the point.

You like what you like though.~

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
But Anna tho'
...again...I was worried WHY you didn't like was actually completely different from me. :laugh:

Why would you question the importance of Anna?

D

Deleted member

...again...I was worried WHY you didn't like was actually completely different from me. :laugh:

Why would you question the importance of Anna?
*Shrug*

Because I can?

I simply don't typically like certain characters in group pictures to have what I deem an overbearing presence, regardless of said character's history with the franchise in question.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
*Shrug*
Because I can?
I simply don't typically like certain characters in group pictures to have what I deem an overbearing presence, regardless of said character's history with the franchise in question.
It doesn't make a difference to me.
Mainly because it's Anna. :)
Seriously, can we get a sassy Anna emote for Smashboards?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So is there any possibility "Ryu" is "Ryu" Hayabusa?

...please?

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Working and doing Riki papercraft round two, in color. Best time to post all the replies ever.

Gakuen no Kasai

A game in which you play as Robin, a teacher at Enburemu academy

You can seduce and get into a relationship with any of the students

It's a very naughty game
So it's the director's cut of Awakening in a school. Gotcha.

That makes the source make an awful lot more sense.

According to The Cutting Room Floor, the Ryu files rumour is legit.
Huh. Well. He can stay on the actual cutting room floor, that's fine by me.

I e already got hadouken and shoryuken. :4megaman:

I didn't think I would main Mewtwo. Oh how wrong I was! Mewtwo is such a fun character to use!

Oh, and that Dunban Mii costume is freaking sexy! :colorful:
Amen to both points.

I don't know if I'll keep up with Mewtwo very long to be fair, but he's at least going to get more of a look from me than anticipated.

And Dunban might be just worth making a Mii Swordie for. Might. We shall see.

One thing I'm curious about is are they going to pronounce the name of :roypm:the same as :4roy:?
Hell yes. Rile both of 'em. Rile 'em good.

Kinda think it's cuter like it is, actually. Though I understand your preference.

Seriously, can we get a sassy Anna emote for Smashboards?
Second.

I'll try to come up with a stopgap icon after running some reports.

D

Deleted member

Working and doing Riki papercraft round two, in color. Best time to post all the replies ever.

So it's the director's cut of Awakening in a school. Gotcha.

That makes the source make an awful lot more sense.

Huh. Well. He can stay on the actual cutting room floor, that's fine by me.

I e already got hadouken and shoryuken. :4megaman:

Amen to both points.

I don't know if I'll keep up with Mewtwo very long to be fair, but he's at least going to get more of a look from me than anticipated.

And Dunban might be just worth making a Mii Swordie for. Might. We shall see.

Hell yes. Rile both of 'em. Rile 'em good.

Kinda think it's cuter like it is, actually. Though I understand your preference.

Second.

I'll try to come up with a stopgap icon after running some reports.
Well yeah it's not like I don't like it, I think it is quite cute, I think maybe it has to do with the way that Nowi and Nah are together, i.e. the tackling, I don't know though.

Some of the Nah/Nowi art I have is among my overall favorites actually.

[collapse=Sharing is caring]
tumblr_mj97ezsJ5U1ruti06o1_1280.png
tumblr_mh28iejzik1reim0bo1_1280.jpg

29324765.png
[/collapse]

Last edited by a moderator:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Well yeah it's not like I don't like it, I think it is quite cute, I think maybe it has to do with the way that Nowi and Nah are together, i.e. the tackling,
Real talk, though, you gotta admit that is completely in character for both of 'em.

Solid arts by the way. Admittedly mixed feelings about Nowi!Nah; she rocks the outfit better than anticipated, but I think I still prefer her usual.

D

Deleted member

Real talk, though, you gotta admit that is completely in character for both of 'em.

Solid arts by the way. Admittedly mixed feelings about Nowi!Nah; she rocks the outfit better than anticipated, but I think I still prefer her usual.
Oh yeah it is certainly.

I think my opinion is gradually changing towards their representation in that image as being the best for it as we keep talking about it actually. :laugh:

I also have a slight preference for Nah's usual dress, but that picture is still one of my favorite pair pictures.

On the whole "tackling" thing it is interesting because I found a piece a bit ago that is a little bit of a role reversal in terms of how Nowi and Nah are portrayed together.

This time Nah is doing the "tackling":

46099786_p0.jpg

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Troll question for those asking for Phoenix Wright as DLC: How would he even fight? ...Besides using Geese Howard's moves, I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db2p0H4pQNg
the hell is this? XD

but yeah as @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A said, I can see his UMvC moveset translating easily to Smash, with a few tweaks here and there.
Then again if they did that, how would they handle Maya and Missile appearing from offscreen? Just have her teleport in out of nowhere, or have her there the whole time, like the Ice Climbers? *digs out PS3 to investigate*

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Then again if they did that, how would they handle Maya appearing from offscreen? Just have her teleport in out of nowhere, or have her there the whole time, like the Ice Climbers? *digs out PS3 to investigate*
Chrom appears out of nowhere to help Robin.

No reason Maya can't do the same.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
On the whole "tackling" thing it is interesting because I found a piece a bit ago that is a little bit of a role reversal in terms of how Nowi and Nah are portrayed together.

This time Nah is doing the "tackling":

Fine with that too. Might happen after their A support.

Troll question for those asking for Phoenix Wright as DLC: How would he even fight? ...Besides using Geese Howard's moves, I mean.
Other than what @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A and @ Moydow Moydow have said, you gotta remember, Sakurai has a track record of this stuff.

Might've asked how :4gaw: would've fought, then we got Melee. Might've asked how :4rob: would've fought, then we got Brawl. Might've asked how :4duckhunt:, :4palutena:, and more relevantly :4villager: or :4wiifit: would fight, and look where we are now.

If the Mashpotato Samurai okays Phoenix he'll get his moveset, don't worry. That ain't gonna be the issue here. Issue is gonna be giving him the OK.

Also Mega Man and Pac Man have both appeared in other fighters and, with exceptions, play entirely differently in Smash. I doubt they'd reuse much of the UMVC3 moveset unless they had to. Or got lazy.

[EDIT]: Fixed dat tag.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Chrom appears out of nowhere to help Robin.

No reason Maya can't do the same.
True. The reason I didn't really consider that is because Chrom is a Final Smash, while Maya would presumably be side-B or something (Final Smash is obviously Ace Attorney), and I wasn't sure if characters appearing from nowhere would make sense on an ordinary special move. I suppose it could work, though.

D

Deleted member

I hope that Roy doesn't come back. He is not my boy...

As for Ryu, just no. I am only OK with him if Nintendo had to put him in to get the rights to Mega Man. Otherwise, I rather have Ryu not get in Smash at all. I would rather have other 3rd party characters like Bomberman make the cut. If I had to choose a different Capcom character, it would either be Amaterasu or Phoenix Wright.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Roy coming back would probably annoy the most out of anything else in the roster, more than seeing Villager (not a fan of AC and even then, I'd have chosen Tom Nook myself)), Miis with their 3 variations sheanigans, Lucina being a lazy clone, the return of the Doc and Dark Pit being added.
I mean, I love Fire Emblem and all, but 3 reps was a good number only because Awakening saved the franchise, 4 was a bit of a stretch, 5....would be overkill right now, and with almost half of those characters being clones of the same guy, it'd be pretty stupid (and no, I don't think they'd change Roy to make him Marth's Luigi or fully original, after all :4tlink::4drmario::4mewtwo::4lucas: weren't changed much from their original incarnations). Even Chrom being promoted to playable doesn't sound as bad in comparison (although I'd also dislike that), IMO.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Roy coming back would probably annoy the most out of anything else in the roster, more than seeing Villager (not a fan of AC and even then, I'd have chosen Tom Nook myself)), Miis with their 3 variations sheanigans, Lucina being a lazy clone, the return of the Doc and Dark Pit being added.
I mean, I love Fire Emblem and all, but 3 reps was a good number only because Awakening saved the franchise, 4 was a bit of a stretch, 5....would be overkill right now, and with almost half of those characters being clones of the same guy, it'd be pretty stupid (and no, I don't think they'd change Roy to make him Marth's Luigi or fully original, after all :4tlink::4drmario::4mewtwo::4lucas: weren't changed much from their original incarnations). Even Chrom being promoted to playable doesn't sound as bad in comparison (although I'd also dislike that), IMO.
Your opinion is unpopular.

You should feel bad. :troll:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
So, did Levin Sword respawn time get nerfed? Reddit is saying it now takes 8 seconds instead of 6.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I tested against Ike in Smash mode and did 12% and 13% which is a percent or two higher compared to the numbers in @ Raziek Raziek 's guide. Not sure if there's a fresh move bonus though which may account for that extra percent though.

Also, wind jab hype!
Those numbers are also a bit dated. Either way, it's the same, I was able to get 13% in both versions.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Wind Jab is actually useful now.

Though I can definitely see more people dying from Wind tome overuse more frequently. :troll:

Last edited:

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
I employed wind jab a ton while playing friendlies tonight (against Mewtwo, go figure), and I got some decent damage in with it. A couple kills too! I was sad to find that it's just barely not safe on shield though (at least vs. M2). I could sometimes manage to turn around before I got grabbed, but never a shield or spotdodge. :b Still, I racked so much damage just off of jab combos, and I only lost my wind tome a couple times, neither of which ended up being relevant. Not a move to spam since it's not hard to punish, but a valuable tool nonetheless.

Top Bottom