• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
After reading the last couple of pages

Sanic OC's went too fast and now they got punished for being too fast. they had to be grounded by their dad and told them "no more fast!" The OC's got upset and said "your not mai really dad!" then stormed off back to their homeworld of speed hill zone X

Though I am glad we're done with OC's. I can only handle so many OC's, which is why I carry my brain bleach! On the real though, the last thing from Weeman could have done extreme irreversible damage to my soul if I wasn't so tempered by his other minions.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Enjoy your new wife pining over Chrom for the rest of her life then. :troll:

(joking of course, but I do think they could have handled that part of her character better)
This sums it up pretty nicely of how I felt when marrying Cordelia

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Enjoy your new wife pining over Chrom for the rest of her life then. :troll:

(joking of course, but I do think they could have handled that part of her character better)
I agree. At the same time this is the only S-Support Cordelia has that actually resolves her tragic back-story with her superiors.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
So someone on 2ch posted potential lyrics of what the Dancer is singing. Then someone else translated those lyrics.
伝う水筋
その手が開く明日は
光へ手を伸ばす
穢れなき金の剣
まどろみ 想いを断ち切って
伝う静謐
伝承 柔く光散って
闇は去りゆく
暁一人想う

tsutau mizu suji
sono te ga hiraku asu wa
hikari e te o nobasu
kegare naki kin no tsurugi
madoromi omoi o tachigitte
tsutau seihitsu
denshou yawaku hikari chitte
yami wa sariyuku
akatsuki hitori omou

From a vague lineage
Comes a hand that will reach toward a light
Opening a path to tomorrow
The un-corruptable golden sword
Will slash those hopes from their slumber
And lead to prosperity
That soft light will scatter
And chase the darkness away
Like a one man sunrise

The translator also posted a note regarding some parts of the lyrics.

There are still some things to work on, as 伝う水筋 can mean “along the river bank” or “from a watery lineage(?)” which itself can be taken to mean from a “vague lineage”, or “unknown linage.” In a way this can fit the theme of the game with Kamui being born in Hoshido and raised in Nohr, and so I went with “vague lineage.” The woman is singing on the edge of water though, so perhaps it is a pun?

“Slashing hopes from their slumber” implies awakening the hopes that were once lost, rather than crushing them as some may interpret it as.

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one that was more partially amused by the Sonic OCs as opposed to disturbed by them?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Gals it seems like you all don't understand.

Cherche is the best girl to marry.

Inigo is the ultimate hubby.

Get your facts right Robins smh :^)

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Am I the only one that was more partially amused by the Sonic OCs as opposed to disturbed by them?
Well apparently Weeman crossed the line with a particularly disturbing OC, forcing Raziek to bring the hammer of JUSTICE down. But no you are not the only one. In fact I've seen some actually quite nice Sonic OC's in my time.

D

Deleted member

HnxKDRE.png

Cherche is 2nd best.

*Ahem*

HnxKDRE.png

I don't think I need to say anything more.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Well, I have to admit I was being kind of dramatic there.
There are way worse stuff in the internet that aren't even funny.
Sonic OC can be at least amusing, in the sense that you have to wonder who the hell would want to create something like that.

I love Cherche, but her and Robin's support is completely nonsensical, so I'll stick with Olivia and Lissa.
But you could say I was frustated when I married the two. I really wanted Cherche's support to be better.
Inigo is second gen, and even so I don't him so much, so eh.
Stahl and Gaius ftw.:cheep:

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
So someone on 2ch posted potential lyrics of what the Dancer is singing. Then someone else translated those lyrics.
伝う水筋
その手が開く明日は
光へ手を伸ばす
穢れなき金の剣
まどろみ 想いを断ち切って
伝う静謐
伝承 柔く光散って
闇は去りゆく
暁一人想う

tsutau mizu suji
sono te ga hiraku asu wa
hikari e te o nobasu
kegare naki kin no tsurugi
madoromi omoi o tachigitte
tsutau seihitsu
denshou yawaku hikari chitte
yami wa sariyuku
akatsuki hitori omou

From a vague lineage
Comes a hand that will reach toward a light
Opening a path to tomorrow
The un-corruptable golden sword
Will slash those hopes from their slumber
And lead to prosperity
That soft light will scatter
And chase the darkness away
Like a one man sunrise

The translator also posted a note regarding some parts of the lyrics.

There are still some things to work on, as 伝う水筋 can mean “along the river bank” or “from a watery lineage(?)” which itself can be taken to mean from a “vague lineage”, or “unknown linage.” In a way this can fit the theme of the game with Kamui being born in Hoshido and raised in Nohr, and so I went with “vague lineage.” The woman is singing on the edge of water though, so perhaps it is a pun?

“Slashing hopes from their slumber” implies awakening the hopes that were once lost, rather than crushing them as some may interpret it as.
Assuming this song is in the game and not just for promotional stuff (since we did hear it in the first trailer, too), I'm curious if they'll keep the Japanese lyrics here too or if they'll be translated.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
NO MORE SONIC OCS!

This has gone on long enough. This is getting tired, played out, and downright disgusting.

Further posting of Sonic OCS will be dealt no mercy. This is a general warning, but also specifically to @Weeman.

NO MORE.

Thank you Based Raziek! Naga smiles upon thee for ridding us of the filth that is the Sonic OC's. :happysheep:

Guys, guys! Cordelia and I just got MARRIED!!! Woohoo!

:happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:
Congratulations, Zan! :colorful: Cordelia is a pretty stellar woman to be married to, even if her obsession for Chrom is a bit much.........and her daughter can be a bit of a brat..........even so, she is incredibly attractive and quite radiant indeed. :love:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also guys, admit it. You would all go gay for Inigo. I will fully admit that myself.
Lon 'Qu is the only man for me.

And Henry or Gerome maybe.

Inigo is just kind of there though, nothing special.

Now if we're talking about FE in general well then I would go super gay for Ephraim's Lance

If I weren't celibate of course.

:awesome:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
:^)

Also guys, admit it. You would all go gay for Inigo. I will fully admit that myself.
I know this is a joke post but closest character I'd say I have homosexual feelings towards to is Gaius as he's my favorite character in Awakening, and even then, I really feel no attraction whatsoever to men pardon my seriousness.
Also bleh, 2nd gen characters that aren't F!Morgan or Nah

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I take it I missed something.

Anywho.

I'm working my way into Colony 6 right now in XC 3D.

I'm warming up a little to the gameplay now, though I still don't care for the auto-attacking. Still don't really care for any of the playable characters so far, Dunban and Fiora were okayish but, well, I won't go into detail about that. But, much like Kingdom Hearts, the antagonists seem are cool, the big fat Mechon I encountered here on the leg was pretty cool and had so much more character then any of the playable characters so far, so hey props for that, and the story still has me interested.

But for the most part I can't stop thinking how overrated this game is so far. Like, with all the hyper and praise I've seen this game given I was expecting more and have been left disappointed for the most part.

It ain't no The Last Story, to say the least.

Elezir

Congratulations, Zan! :colorful: Cordelia is a pretty stellar woman to be married to, even if her obsession for Chrom is a bit much.........and her daughter can be a bit of a brat..........even so, she is incredibly attractive and quite radiant indeed. :love:

I rather like Cordelia a lot, but yeah, her undying love for Chrom gets annoying sometimes. They should've changed her barrack dialogues/some supports after she married someone.
Severa, though, is the main reason I don't marry Cordelia to Robin. I don't like her at all.:sadsheep:

I'll have to admit, though, Cordelia's dialogue in the Summer dlc thingy is probably the best one there, imo.

Dear Syrek <3

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Assuming this song is in the game and not just for promotional stuff (since we did hear it in the first trailer, too), I'm curious if they'll keep the Japanese lyrics here too or if they'll be translated.
They could use Latin if they don't want the song in Japanese for the international release.

Also, Olivia and Cherche are my favorites for :4robinm:.
For :4robinf:, it's Henry and Gaius.

Shaymikyu

Could you please spoiler anything XC3D related, please?
Seriously, I'm getting the game Tuesday and I've been avoiding spoilers like the plague. You're entitled to find the game bad/overrated/whatever but please don't spoil it for people who haven't gotten the chance to judge it for themselves.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Aww, guess Inigo's unpopular with you gals, I'll have him all to myself then.
I mean, I don't like RobinXCherche too much (the majority of Robin supports are eh), but Cherche is mai ultimate waifu.

Too bad. Imma ship her with Stahl, but I guess that's fine.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I rather like Cordelia a lot, but yeah, her undying love for Chrom gets annoying sometimes. They should've changed her barrack dialogues/some supports after she married someone.
Severa, though, is the main reason I don't marry Cordelia to Robin. I don't like her at all.:sadsheep:

I'll have to admit, though, Cordelia's dialogue in the Summer dlc thingy is probably the best one there, imo.

Dear Syrek <3
Pros of marrying Cordelia:
She's good doing a lot of stuff
She's pretty
She should take good care of you all things considered
Cons:
Obsession with Chrom
Severa (probably my least favorite character in Awakening, tsunderes make me sick)

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
To the person who said Xenoblade was overrated:
The area you're in right now is only about 5% through the game. Please save your judgements for later.

Last edited:

Elezir

They could use Latin if they don't want the song in Japanese for the international release.

Also, Olivia and Cherche are my favorites for :4robinm:.
For :4robinf:, it's Henry and Gaius.
Or they could translate it to English/whatever language it's targeting:cheep:
There's really no reason to translate it to Latin, unless they want to give it some pseudo mysterious aura.
And then, the chances of they ****ing something up and translating wrong is big, and I'm going to notice it and be sad. So unless the original song was already in Latin, I honestly see no reason to do that.

Hmmm, Henry you say? Interesting idea, actually. I think I'll marry him in my next F!Robin run.

Shaymikyu

On the supports topic- if I went back in time and knew how to support characters unlike when I first played Awakening and supported Robin solely based on her supports with another character, I'd go with Libra. Their supports are so sweet, and Libra just seems like he'd be a good father.
Plus, the idea of a priest marrying the vessel for Grima is hilarious.
Though, he is one of the rare husbands who gives me an ending with Tharja that I actually like.

I also love Yarne's supports with Robin, plus Taguel Morgan.

For male Robin, I adore Sumia as a character and her supports with both Robins. I also like the idea of him with Tiki, but I haven't done their supports.

Top Bottom