• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
@ Moydow Moydow
I don't know if I'm seriously messed up but now I have an immense hankering for some Thracia 776.

I really should replay the Jugdral games soon myself. It's been too long.

This time he leved up and got 1 point in Luck. Bleh.
It's ironic, because my luck with levels in this game is terrible.
At least you only have to worry about getting your stats up to 20 (since that's what everything caps at in this game).
Have fun!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

He died for our sins.
But what if we kill him?

Sure it does. Watch this.

Bam. Now you're envious.
I'm more creeped than envious...

I'm inclined to post more Sonic stuff, but the shadow realm is cold, way too cold for me to go back....

Well except fot this one
What the hell
View attachment 46310
This is a thing? *shivers*

:cry:
Don't even mention this thing.
Leif just took Roy's throne as worst Lord ever as of right now for me.
I just got 4 consecutive empty levels with him. EMPTY.
And the rest of my characters aren't looking too good, either.

At least tell me his promotion is early:urg:

Aside that, I haven't had a real problem with the game for now. Fog of war made me reset 3 times already, though.
Starting chapter 5 now.
4 empty levels?!
RNGesus must really, really hate you.

Jesus, I feel like this thread somehow moves faster than the Zelda social lol
Thank the Sonic OCs for giving the Robin Social SONIC SPEED! :4sonic:

Riki wasn't playable in SSB because he'd break the game.
I remember seeing something along the lines of Sakurai wanting to put Riki instead of Shulk in the game. However, Monolith Soft was going to use the Monado against him if Shulk wasn't put in.
Thank god that didn't happen for Sakurai's sake... and possibly ours. The Heropon would have been SSS Tier.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
But what if we kill him?

I'm more creeped than envious...

This is a thing? *shivers*

4 empty levels?!

Thank the Sonic OCs for giving the Robin Social SONIC SPEED! :4sonic:

I remember seeing something along the lines of Sakurai wanting to put Riki instead of Shulk in the game. However, Monolith Soft was going to use the Monado against him if Shulk wasn't put in.
Thank god that didn't happen for Sakurai's sake... and possibly ours. The Heropon would have been SSS Tier.
Wait, he did!? Shulk's cool and all, but I would have possibly mained Riki (or side-by-side with Lucas). Still, almost wish he just did both, though it might be excessive for a single game. ...Or maybe I just adore Riki a ton.

That would explain why Riki is an Assist Trophy AND in Shulk's final smash, though.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
The real reason Riki isn't in Smash is because his Nopon powers are too much for everyone to handle. "Riki like fighting easy monsters!"

For real tho, Riki would be so awesome, funny, and he'd have a very unique moveset. He isn't my number one pick for a Xenoblade DLC character, but I'd love to see the Heropon <3

Hong

The Strongest
But the real question is...between whom? :happysheep: I

To get things sort of back on fire emblem (not that I don't like all the discussions going on now) though...How do you guys think the customization for Kamui will be this time time around? I made a thread on serenes forest discussing this. Here's my post:
I should be visiting SF more often. Granted, I have a hard time visiting more than one forum as it is.

Anyway, I found the avatar system of Awakening to be satisfactory. I like that you had three different bodies for each gender.
If I had some criticisms:
1) Have a younger-sounding voice to suit the smaller bodies.
2) Make the hair colours not look so washed out.
3) If you can't have individual body sliders, maybe a chubby-looking MU to represent more diverse body frames?

All in all, since I can see why they wouldn't want body sliders (having gorgeous character art for each component), then maybe they can have another body type. I'm a super tall and super skinny person IRL, so from time to time I like to make short and stout characters. :D Could look cute with the right hair styles, like low pigtails.

Shaymikyu

If Riki weren't an assist trophy, he'd be my vote for DLC. And I haven't even played Xenoblade yet.

I'm sure someone else might win me over, though.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I was cracking up during the Nintendo Direct when they revealed that... What a game changer.

The inklings grew on me, I think it's mostly because they remind me of Squid Girl...

This is actually fan art by the creator of Squid Girl himself (Anbe Masahrio)! His love for Splatoon is quite obvious, as you can imagine...
#SquidGirlForSplatoon

Oh, that's hecka cute.

I retaliate with... More fanart!

Courtesy of Anbe Masahiro's Twitter once again.

View attachment 46319

:093:
Naga's divine breath! That's SO FREAKING CUTE!!!!! >w< <3

I must retaliate posthaste with even more fan art! ^w^

D

Deleted member

Wait, he did!? Shulk's cool and all, but I would have possibly mained Riki (or side-by-side with Lucas). Still, almost wish he just did both, though it might be excessive for a single game. ...Or maybe I just adore Riki a ton.

That would explain why Riki is an Assist Trophy AND in Shulk's final smash, though.
Nah, but someone edited Shulk's page on April Fools Day to say that. :p (in case anyone doesn't remember, SmashWiki became SmashRiki)

Believe it or not, Riki and Dunban are pretty popular in Japan, along with Melia. The Nopon in general are pretty popular; I believe Japan has a thing for cute characters. Riki and Dunban are in Shulk's Final Smash because of their Japanese popularity.
Reyn is pretty popular in America and he only got references in one of Shulk's taunts and in his Palutena's Guidance. He's popular in America because, you know... what time is it exactly (besides tipping the scales)?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
First off, if you weren't included I'm sorry, I had limited space and I only had time to grab avatars from the last page or so.
Second, don't read too much into who is who. I was basically just sticking people in at random.
Thirdly, here's a link to the original image for comparison. (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/29/3e/de/293ede9ec109a1ea1d36b790f502a9eb.jpg)
Now without further ado, I present my masterpiece, "The Robin Social Thread!" *fanfare and fireworks*

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
This time he leved up and got 1 point in Luck. Bleh.
It's ironic, because my luck with levels in this game is terrible.
Just you wait. He's gonna get two points in Luck next level.
And nothing else.

RESPECT THE HEROPON.
riki gotta go fast.gif

Nah but seriously. Riki is the ****.

Hong

The Strongest
First off, if you weren't included I'm sorry, I had limited space and I only had time to grab avatars from the last page or so.
Second, don't read too much into who is who. I was basically just sticking people in at random.
Thirdly, here's a link to the original image for comparison. (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/29/3e/de/293ede9ec109a1ea1d36b790f502a9eb.jpg)
Now without further ado, I present my masterpiece, "The Robin Social Thread!" *fanfare and fireworks*
Don't feel bad about me switching my avatar like a minute ago. Just going to run this one for a week or so to celebrate EMD before I switch back. :)

*om nom nom*

Weeman

Smash Crusader
An unrelated question:
Does anybody know if the games you buy from the Wii U e-shop get stored into your Nintendo network account if you want to redownload them or something?
I'm in a bit of a pickle since my Wii U ran short out of memory to redeem my premium user Club Nintendo reward (DK Tropical Freeze), but since i'm not sure when i'll be able to buy a hard drive, i'm planning to delete Wonderful 101 (wich i also got from the e-shop) so that the code doesn't expire. But i'm not sure if it's safe to do that
WEEQVN0.png

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
At least you only have to worry about getting your stats up to 20 (since that's what everything caps at in this game).
Have fun!
Wonderful. That way he'll be able to cap his Luck and maybe Skill.
What? Other stats? Leif doesn't know what you are talking about.
:cry:
I WANT IKE/ROBIN BACK.

No really, I'm even using that damn Hezul scroll!
I think I'll make an exception and use save states for Leif's levels.

4 empty levels?!
I know right. I didn't know that was even possible!:cry:
I mean, I got empty levels before, but not in sucession, and on the same damn character, on top of that! and a Lord, no less!

Nooooo don't say such things. ;~;
B-but Hong! He's not helping his own case!

and now I'm the creepy stalker Tharja.:cry:
Well, she can be really insighful in quite a bit of her supports, so eh, it's ok, I suppose.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
An unrelated question:
Does anybody know if the games you buy from the Wii U e-shop get stored into your Nintendo network account if you want to redownload them or something?
I'm in a bit of a pickle since my Wii U ran short out of memory to redeem my premium user Club Nintendo reward (DK Tropical Freeze), but since i'm not sure when i'll be able to buy a hard drive, i'm planning to delete Wonderful 101 (wich i also got from the e-shop) so that the code doesn't expire. But i'm not sure if it's safe to do that View attachment 46326
There's a "your downloads" option somewhere on the eShop from where you can get them. I believe they're tied to the system instead of your account.

Or use a spare USB stick, that's what I had to do since Smash takes up so much space.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Nah, but someone edited Shulk's page on April Fools Day to say that. :p (in case anyone doesn't remember, SmashWiki became SmashRiki)

Believe it or not, Riki and Dunban are pretty popular in Japan, along with Melia. The Nopon in general are pretty popular; I believe Japan has a thing for cute characters. Riki and Dunban are in Shulk's Final Smash because of their Japanese popularity.
Reyn is pretty popular in America and he only got references in one of Shulk's taunts and in his Palutena's Guidance. He's popular in America because, you know... what time is it exactly (besides tipping the scales)?
I am so gullible.:estatic: I could have seen it happening though. Riki gives me a mascot vibe.

As mentioned before, Dunban also has my love already. He's a suave-looking guy and gives me almost a fencer vibe with that classy outfit. And I too have a thing for cute characters, especially with big old ears like Riki's. I'm buying Dunban's costume set for sure, though I'm torn on making a Dunban Mii or just dressing up my personal Mii. I'd love a Riki hat or something too.

And that video is majestic. High school musical would be improved by the addition of Reyn time.

I'm Lissa.:happysheep: Or Lucas as Lissa.

Hong

The Strongest
An unrelated question:
I'm in a bit of a pickle since my Wii U ran short out of memory to redeem my premium user Club Nintendo reward (DK Tropical Freeze), but since i'm not sure when i'll be able to buy a hard drive, i'm planning to delete Wonderful 101 (wich i also got from the e-shop) so that the code doesn't expire. But i'm not sure if it's safe to do that View attachment 46326
Pretty sure after you enter the code, it's added to your Redownload list whether to download it immediately or not.

You have until, what, June to spend your coins? That's plenty of time. Even if you goof up, you can hold onto that download code until you're ready.
B-but Hong! He's not helping his own case!
He's trying his hardest...:104:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

Also, I'm quite glad my avatar has been plastered over Say'ri's face and not Virion's. :p I've always admired Say'ri for her determination, her will power to face her own brother, and her incredible beauty that just exudes from her Japanese flair. That and her voice just melts my heart with her accent. <3

Weeman

Smash Crusader
There's a "your downloads" option somewhere on the eShop from where you can get them. I believe they're tied to the system instead of your account.
I see, so if i indeed delete W101, that means i would be able to download it later as far as it's still on this system right?
Thanks in advance Moydow, have a Wee fist :107:

You too Hong Hong ;)

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I see, so if i indeed delete W101, that means i would be able to download it later as far as it's still on this system right?

You too Hong Hong ;)
You can download it again.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
As long as you don't expose your Wii U to too many Sonic OCs and kill it, you should be fine. :p (if the system does die, you have to go through Nintendo to get them to transfer the data to a new one. don't do what some people do, and dump the old one before getting the data transferred.)

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Sanic OCs are as a common species on the Internet as deer in the wild.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

Awesome. I think you might be able to get everyone if you use this.

And if that fails, you this.

If you're going to use the bottom pic, please slap my icon on Owain so it looks like I'm preaching St. Garon's message.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
As long as you don't expose your Wii U to too many Sonic OCs and kill it, you should be fine. :p
Oh man that's really dumb!
Might as well also tell me to never turn the thing on then.
Robinbefuddled.png

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Also, I'm quite glad my avatar has been plastered over Say'ri's face and not Virion's. :p I've always admired Say'ri for her determination, her will power to face her own brother, and her incredible beauty that just exudes from her Japanese flair. That and her voice just melts my heart with her accent. <3

I'm glad you approve!

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579

If you're going to use the bottom pic, please slap my icon on Owain so it looks like I'm preaching St. Garon's message.
....Where's Kellam? I don't see him anywhere. Maybe he's just not present in this photo?

That joke never gets old.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
1) Have a younger-sounding voice to suit the smaller bodies.
Actually, being short, I appreciated that I could choose a voice that sounded like it had been through puberty.

Heh. I like it.

Also, I'm quite glad my avatar has been plastered over Say'ri's face and not Virion's. :p
What's wrong with being plastered on Virion's face. :4falcon:

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Yeah sure I'll get right on that, but fir-

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :4jigglypuff:
Goodnight everyone!

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Was browsing through some Pokemon stuff when I came across this wonderful gem that is now my new avatar.

Having my favorite Pokemon of all time wearing the awesome outfit of my main/favorite character in Smash makes me a happy camper.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Oh we're talking about Thracia 776 now? Hahaha...ah :skull: I think I got up to chapter 9, but then kind of just gave up.
But like @ Hong Hong I'm wanting to get back into it.

I also need to play Genealogy of the Holy Wars sometime. From what I've seen, the maps are massive!

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Was browsing through some Pokemon stuff when I came across this wonderful gem that is now my new avatar.

Having my favorite Pokemon of all time wearing the awesome outfit of my main/favorite character in Smash makes me a happy camper.
:roll:
This is one of the weirdest crossovers I've seem for Robin, to be honest.
It's still nice, I suppose.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
It not a simple matter for me.

If a character is sexy as a design intention, that's one thing. Boob lady is sexy by design intention, as was Aversa. I don't like either of them by virtue of the fact, from what we know now, I don't have anything to value of them. Doesn't mean a distaste towards sex. A character like Capcom's Poison is a sexy character by design and intent, and I enjoy her design and personality, but it's because of the total package.

It is when sex is misplaced. I don't like fan service when it inhibits the actual servicing of fan. For instance, bikini mail. It is my fantasy to have a character with proper armour, preferably a woman. When a character is supposed to be well armoured as a part of her duty, it's not a matter of it being realistic or unrealistic, so much as I just don't find it cool when I'm not ducked out from foot to shoulders. This is an issue when you play a game like TERA, where the majority of female outfits and designs are gunning for some form of sex appeal, often not trying to do anything that I find cool at the same time. In that game, it's really hard for me to find something that is cool and doesn't feel like an embarrassment to wear.

When you design something sexy but give little detail towards making a character appealing outside of the features that make them sexy, then what is left of them if you don't find them sexy? If you make a character all about fan service, where most of what they are if not everything is about sex, if you don't find them sexy then they have little to appeal if they didn't try much else with the character. Dante from Devil May Cry is a great character, because they did it right. If you don't find him sexy, that's alright, because he also has a cool design. Not sure if that was ever what they intended, but that's how it's come out to.

In short, I don't like boob lady because so far there is nothing to appeal to me yet. The typical dark seductress character is a massive bore for me and are 9/10 times cringeworthy and annoying. The sex doesn't appeal to me, nor does what very little we know about her personality... Which is fine. So far we can only really like or dislike very superficial details such as design or surface aspects of their personality. I really like Hinoka based on what little we know, but my opinions are bound to shift drastically after we actually know something. I can end up hating Hinoka and loving Camilla after I get to know them.
That's fair enough and makes sense.

Though I do personally like Aversa as a character, though I seem to be in a major minority when it comes to that.

Also @ mimgrim mimgrim while you are here, did you find anything conclusive about the state of the archer class? I as well saw that a thief seemed to be wielding a bow. I inclined to think to think archers would exist, and thieves and archers would probably share a branching promotion option. That said, I'm honestly not horribly opposed to the two classes being combined, as they are both generally strongest on the player phase. I like both classes a lot so it would probably make things easier for me.
You caught me just as I got off so sorry Yvonne for the bit of a late reply.

But no I haven't found anything new as to all that.

All we know is what has been covered already. The Thief class appesrs to be a full bow wielding class now and that the only hint of an Archer class is the Hoshido dude but I suspect that he is a Sniper instead because of the way his sprite looks and how he seems to be the counterpart of blonde-Marth from Nohr who seems to be a Dark Knight which should also be a promoted class. I wouldn't be surprised if the two classes have been combined and Thief can promote into Sniper and whatever else, I've heard some speculation about the Ninja class being promoted from Thief but I suspect that is a new class meant for the Hoshido side (not to mention that the idea of Ninja class being a promoted class would mean this game would seem to have a lot of prepromote characters).

Yeah, i guess some people have just become too sensitive of it.
Kinda like people complaining about how Call of Duty or other military shooters are such cancer to gaming, only to sound even more obnoxious than the issues they complain about.
I've played CoD before, it sux.

*Cries for not having played Xenoblade yet*
View attachment 46289
I'll be playing it on the 10th for the first time myself.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

You lucky son of a Typhlosion! :157:

Top Bottom